JCP Convention Summer 2010: 8/19 Endorsements posted
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 02, 2024, 07:40:58 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  JCP Convention Summer 2010: 8/19 Endorsements posted
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 ... 15
Author Topic: JCP Convention Summer 2010: 8/19 Endorsements posted  (Read 31011 times)
Mechaman
Atlas Icon
Jamaica
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #75 on: June 15, 2010, 04:29:34 PM »
« edited: June 15, 2010, 04:32:49 PM by Metal Mario »

Man, should've joined the JCP party.  Would be so much easier to get first preference than that crooked zombie machine known as the Populares!!!!!

I mean come on guys, we agree on quite a few things.  Sure I may love the free market but I also love teh gays, open borders, drugs, free speech, privacy, grunge metal, etc. etc. etc.........

I DEMAND A GOTV EFFORT TO GET ME ELECTED!!!!
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #76 on: June 15, 2010, 05:22:54 PM »

I'm not going to agree to Bgwah challenges, but I do support the others' and their position on mandatory endorsements. The need to support our party members is very very very important, and I encourage a GOTV effort for them all, regardless of who they are, but there are also other very good candidates, like Franzl, that people should definitely be able to endorse first if they desire.

Sorry, but supporting someone just because he happened to register in JCP and is only running is not enough, esspecially if Gporter is not only a joke, but also someone who have nothing in common with JCP.

Also, I think it's a time to move forward from one-chairman-eternal-rule. Even PCP or Hamiltonians seems to be actually more Democratic than US. Shame, guys.

We don't support him. He just get 1st endorsment by Bgwah sole decision.
I don't know why people say that I have nothing in common with the JCP...I would be worried to have someone in political office who had everything in common with their party. One who only said things just to get elected. I have said time and time again that I do have things in common with the JCP. If I had nothing in common with the party, then I would leave the party. Some of my most passionite issues that I have stances on are in line with the JCP. Immigration, taxes, and the economy in general. I am sure if we looked at everything, that we would find some other agreements. So, people are saying that I am lying, those same people should look in the mirror because they are lying about me when they say that I have nothing in common with the JCP.

And I like what Marokai said about the party. Should a party support their own members when they run for office? Of course they should...it is not me abandoning the party but the party abandoning the candidate when they refuse to support the candidate.

And I personally feel abandoned by the party because in all of my campaigns, I have never had a GOTV effort for me. I feel like it could have made a strong difference in the campaign.

So, the govenor and others are trying to attack me just for the sake of attacking me. They hate me, we can all see that and then they call me immature when the fact is, they have a lot more growing to do than I do. Attacking someone over and over again just because they hate him is not mature trust me.

Oh my God, poor Gporter, everybody hates him Roll Eyes

DO you really think Fritz left because he hates you? He had problem with someone else, other deeper problem you represent at the moment.

And you, well, sorry but you're always deaf of what other people are saying, always. That's regard other boards, but Atlasia too. You're a mental.
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #77 on: June 15, 2010, 06:02:11 PM »

Man, should've joined the JCP party.  Would be so much easier to get first preference than that crooked zombie machine known as the Populares!!!!!

I mean come on guys, we agree on quite a few things.  Sure I may love the free market but I also love teh gays, open borders, drugs, free speech, privacy, grunge metal, etc. etc. etc.........

I DEMAND A GOTV EFFORT TO GET ME ELECTED!!!!

I am also dedicated to the cause of keeping the government out of the bedroom. Maybe I should think about a future in the JCP, since that is all it takes to get them to support me for everything. Tongue
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #78 on: June 15, 2010, 06:11:52 PM »

I'm not going to agree to Bgwah challenges, but I do support the others' and their position on mandatory endorsements. The need to support our party members is very very very important, and I encourage a GOTV effort for them all, regardless of who they are, but there are also other very good candidates, like Franzl, that people should definitely be able to endorse first if they desire.

Sorry, but supporting someone just because he happened to register in JCP and is only running is not enough, esspecially if Gporter is not only a joke, but also someone who have nothing in common with JCP.

Also, I think it's a time to move forward from one-chairman-eternal-rule. Even PCP or Hamiltonians seems to be actually more Democratic than US. Shame, guys.

I don't know why people say that I have nothing in common with the JCP...I would be worried to have someone in political office who had everything in common with their party. One who only said things just to get elected. I have said time and time again that I do have things in common with the JCP. If I had nothing in common with the party, then I would leave the party. Some of my most passionite issues that I have stances on are in line with the JCP. Immigration, taxes, and the economy in general. I am sure if we looked at everything, that we would find some other agreements. So, people are saying that I am lying, those same people should look in the mirror because they are lying about me when they say that I have nothing in common with the JCP.

And I like what Marokai said about the party. Should a party support their own members when they run for office? Of course they should...it is not me abandoning the party but the party abandoning the candidate when they refuse to support the candidate.

And I personally feel abandoned by the party because in all of my campaigns, I have never had a GOTV effort for me. I feel like it could have made a strong difference in the campaign.

So, the govenor and others are trying to attack me just for the sake of attacking me. They hate me, we can all see that and then they call me immature when the fact is, they have a lot more growing to do than I do. Attacking someone over and over again just because they hate him is not mature trust me.

DO you really think Fritz left because he hates you? He had problem with someone else, other deeper problem you represent at the moment.

And you, well, sorry but you're always deaf of what other people are saying, always. That's regard other boards, but Atlasia too. You're a mental.
when u say other boards...r u talkin about just on this website?

Yes, but what are you doing on other boards is non-issue here in fact. Enough with all mess you're causing here.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #79 on: June 15, 2010, 06:15:16 PM »

when u say other boards...r u talkin about just on this website?

Yes, but what are you doing on other boards is non-issue here in fact. Enough with all mess you're causing here.
I think u comin after me w/ all of these attacks is the mess here. I am just running a campaign.

Your campaign became a huge problem to the party. First of all, you're spreading an untrue you have "support at the convention". Bulls**t. We just lost highly valuable member because because of bgwah unitelary seting "first preference" for you.

I don't want JCP to lose members because of joke campaign of someone, who never contributed to the party. 
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #80 on: June 15, 2010, 06:19:05 PM »

Anyway, while JCP needs a serious reforms, as Bgwah's actions showed us, right now I'd formally like the floor to declare Gporter as not a JCP nominee.
Fritz
JLD
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #81 on: June 15, 2010, 06:23:16 PM »

Okay, okay......I'm back.   Tongue

But I do insist a vote be taken on my previous motion.  I will even follow my own rules and not vote, being a "new" member.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #82 on: June 15, 2010, 06:24:50 PM »

All right, withdrawn. Right now, since there's nothing we can do about, we'll just come throught election.

But I'm going to return to the bigger problem after PS/MB election/.
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #83 on: June 15, 2010, 06:25:58 PM »

This certainly has been entertaining.

Anyway, I hope you all realize that onvention is hopelessly anemic and boring.

Let's do something Angry

Sometimes you really do get what you want. Tongue
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix
E: -6.77, S: 0.61

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #84 on: June 15, 2010, 07:45:32 PM »

I've never understood why you guys hate on gporter so much. Whatever.
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -7.39

« Reply #85 on: June 15, 2010, 08:11:16 PM »

I've never understood why you guys hate on gporter so much. Whatever.

Personally I don't understand the dislike of Gporter either. I mean, he's been here for ages. And he's hardly been a master community organizer or anything, but he's not some random newbie plucked out of nowhere or something, he is a longstanding member.

That said, I totally understand the frustration of being forced to endorse JCP candidates by default. But this isn't the time for needless divisions, this is the time for unified strength in this party. We can definitely sort out our bylaws after the convention & election.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« Reply #86 on: June 16, 2010, 07:04:16 AM »

ENDORSEMENT VOTING

President
[  ] RosettaStoned/usefil idiot (POP/POP)
[2] afleitch/? (DA)
[1] Purple State/Marokai Blue (DA/JCP)
[  ] No endorsement

Northeast Senator
[1] Eraserhead (JCP)
[  ] Dallasfan65 (POP)
[  ] No endorsement

Mideast Senator
[1-2] Boris (JCP)
[1-2] hawkeye59 (JCP)

[3] Franzl (DA)
[5] Inks.LWC (RPP)
[4] Al (C)
[  ] Yougo (POP)
[  ] No endorsement

Southeast Senator
[1] GPORTER (JCP)
[2] North Carolina Yankee (RPP)
[  ] No endorsement

Midwest Senator
[1] Franken (JCP)
[  ] SvenssonRS (POP)
[  ] No endorsement

Pacific Senator
[1] Bgwah (JCP)
[2] Xahar (C)
[  ] Ogis
[  ] No endorsement
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #87 on: June 16, 2010, 07:22:14 AM »

I apologize for emotional form of my recent activity at the convention. However, we should return to the basic discussion after the election.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #88 on: June 16, 2010, 07:46:24 AM »

Don't mean to intrude.....but I do appreciate any and all support for my Senate candidacy.

I may be a bit too conservative for your party.....as Badger suggested ( Wink ), but I think I've proven that I'm also willing to fight for progressive ideals, such as voting for healthcare reform, making the tax system more progressive, working for environmental protection by encouraging alternative means of energy....and several other things.

Fiscal responsibility remains one of my main goals....but I don't think fiscal responsibility necessarily contradicts progessive ideals.

I've voted against the party often enough as well, of course....but I'm willing to work towards compromise that a majority can find acceptable, I hope.

I agree with your observations Franzl, though I don't think you're too conservative for the JCP.

May I suggest the following compromise between slavish devotion to party membership and making party membership worthless:

If there is desire to endorse someone other than a party member for a particular race, upon motion and second a majority vote (as opposed to mere plurality) in favor of that non-JCP candidate will be sufficient to gain endorsement. For these purposes "someone other" includes "no endorsement".

I urge Chairman Bgwah to at least hold a vote on this proposal put forth by Fritz for the sake of fairness and party unity.
Oakvale
oakvale
Atlas Icon
Ukraine
Political Matrix
E: -0.77, S: -4.00

« Reply #89 on: June 16, 2010, 07:55:22 AM »

President
[  ] RosettaStoned/usefil idiot (POP/POP)
[ 2 ] afleitch/? (DA)
[ 1 ] Purple State/Marokai Blue (DA/JCP)
[  ] No endorsement

Northeast Senator
[1] Eraserhead (JCP)
[  ] Dallasfan65 (POP)
[  ] No endorsement

Mideast Senator
[1-2] Boris (JCP)
[1-2] hawkeye59 (JCP)
[ 1 ] Franzl (DA)
[  ] Inks.LWC (RPP)
[  ] Al (C)
[  ] Yougo (POP)
[  ] No endorsement

Southeast Senator
[1] GPORTER (JCP)
[ 2 ] North Carolina Yankee (RPP)
[ 1 ] No endorsement

Midwest Senator
[1] Franken (JCP)
[2  ] SvenssonRS (POP)
[  ] No endorsement

Pacific Senator
[1] Bgwah (JCP)
[  ] Xahar (C)
[  ] Ogis
[  ] No endorsement
Sewer
SpaceCommunistMutant
Junior Chimp
« Reply #90 on: June 16, 2010, 10:26:58 AM »

President
[3] afleitch/? (DA)
[  ] No endorsement
[2] Write In: Teddy/Ernest

Northeast Senator
[1] Eraserhead (JCP)
[  ] Dallasfan65 (POP)
[ ] No endorsement

Mideast Senator
[1] Boris (JCP)
[2] hawkeye59 (JCP)

[5] Franzl (DA)
[6] Inks.LWC (RPP)
[3] Al (C)
[4] Yougo (POP)
[  ] No endorsement

Southeast Senator
[1] GPORTER (JCP)
[  ] North Carolina Yankee (RPP)
[  ] No endorsement

Midwest Senator
[1] Franken (JCP)
[  ] SvenssonRS (POP)
[  ] No endorsement

Pacific Senator
[1] Bgwah (JCP)
[2] Xahar (C)
[3] Ogis
[  ] No endorsement
Hans-im-Glück
Franken
Junior Chimp
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -5.94, S: -3.30

« Reply #91 on: June 16, 2010, 02:47:28 PM »

President
[  ] afleitch/? (DA)
[  ] No endorsement
[  ] Write In:

Northeast Senator
[1] Eraserhead (JCP)
[  ] Dallasfan65 (POP)
[ ] No endorsement

Mideast Senator
[2] Boris (JCP)
[1] hawkeye59 (JCP)

[4] Franzl (DA)
[ ] Inks.LWC (RPP)
[3] Al (C)
[5] Yougo (POP)
[  ] No endorsement

Southeast Senator
[1] GPORTER (JCP)
[  ] No endorsement

Midwest Senator
[1] Franken (JCP)
[  ] SvenssonRS (POP)
[  ] No endorsement

Pacific Senator
[1] Bgwah (JCP)
[2] Xahar (C)
[3] Ogis
[  ] No endorsement
Fritz
JLD
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #92 on: June 16, 2010, 10:49:46 PM »

I made all of my endorsements in campaign threads, if I could find one.......can't find a thread for the Bgwah or Eraserhead campaigns.
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #93 on: June 17, 2010, 12:00:19 AM »

ENDORSEMENT VOTING
Closes in exactly 72 hours.

JCP candidates (in green) are automatically endorsed.

President
[  ] RosettaStoned/usefil idiot (POP/POP)
[  ] afleitch/? (DA)
[  ] No endorsement

Northeast Senator
[1] Eraserhead (JCP)
[  ] Dallasfan65 (POP)
[  ] No endorsement

Mideast Senator
[1] Boris (JCP)
[2] hawkeye59 (JCP)

[4] Franzl (DA)
[5] Inks.LWC (RPP)
[3] Al (C)
[  ] Yougo (POP)
[  ] No endorsement

Southeast Senator
[1] GPORTER (JCP)
[  ] North Carolina Yankee (RPP)
[  ] No endorsement

Midwest Senator
[1] Franken (JCP)
[  ] SvenssonRS (POP)
[  ] No endorsement

Pacific Senator
[1] Bgwah (JCP)
[2] Xahar (C)
[  ] Ogis
[  ] No endorsement
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #94 on: June 17, 2010, 07:37:29 AM »

Don't mean to intrude.....but I do appreciate any and all support for my Senate candidacy.

I may be a bit too conservative for your party.....as Badger suggested ( Wink ), but I think I've proven that I'm also willing to fight for progressive ideals, such as voting for healthcare reform, making the tax system more progressive, working for environmental protection by encouraging alternative means of energy....and several other things.

Fiscal responsibility remains one of my main goals....but I don't think fiscal responsibility necessarily contradicts progessive ideals.

I've voted against the party often enough as well, of course....but I'm willing to work towards compromise that a majority can find acceptable, I hope.

I agree with your observations Franzl, though I don't think you're too conservative for the JCP.

May I suggest the following compromise between slavish devotion to party membership and making party membership worthless:

If there is desire to endorse someone other than a party member for a particular race, upon motion and second a majority vote (as opposed to mere plurality) in favor of that non-JCP candidate will be sufficient to gain endorsement. For these purposes "someone other" includes "no endorsement".

I urge Chairman Bgwah to at least hold a vote on this proposal put forth by Fritz for the sake of fairness and party unity.

BUMP!

Hawkeye has withdrawn, FWIW.
bgwah
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.03, S: -6.96

« Reply #95 on: June 17, 2010, 02:12:13 PM »

I'm thinking once the election is over, we should keep convention going and create a full set of party bylaws. We barely have any right now and I think that's the source of some of our confusion and problems. So let's introduce such ideas then.

In the meantime:

ENDORSEMENT VOTING
Closes in exactly 72 hours.

JCP candidates (in green) are automatically endorsed.

President
[1] Marokai Blue/Purple State
[2] NOTA

Northeast Senator
[1] Eraserhead (JCP)
[  ] Dallasfan65 (POP)
[  ] No endorsement

Mideast Senator
[1] Boris (JCP)
[2] Inks.LWC (RPP)
[3] Franzl (DA)
[4] Yougo (POP)
[5] No endorsement

Southeast Senator
[1] GPORTER (JCP)
[  ] No endorsement

Midwest Senator
[1] Franken (JCP)
[  ] SvenssonRS (POP)
[  ] No endorsement

Pacific Senator
[1] Bgwah (JCP)
[  ] Xahar (C)
[  ] Ogis
[  ] No endorsement
Bacon King
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.63, S: -9.49

« Reply #96 on: June 17, 2010, 04:09:13 PM »

I strongly support an open discussion on party bylaws. Could someone post what we already have?
bgwah
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.03, S: -6.96

« Reply #97 on: June 17, 2010, 07:20:59 PM »

Here are the current ones... I think this is all of them, but if you remember another one remind me and I will try to find it. We could just start from scratch and incorporate the following where appropriate. The other party stuff we voted on all failed (private forum and name changes).

Amendment to the "Bylaws" #1
A voter must have registered as a member of the Jesus Christ Party at least seven days prior to voting in any matters voted upon by the Party.

Amendment to the "Bylaws" #2
The position of Vice Chair of the Jesus Christ Party is hereby established. The Vice Chair will be tasked with helping the Party Chair run the Party. In the event the Party Chair resigns, the Vice Chair will automatically become Chair and appoint a replacement for Vice Chair.

Formal Establishment Regional Chairs
1) The JCP shall have one regional chairperson in every region.
2) Members may simultaneously serve as National Chairperson or Vice Chairperson and Regional Chairperson.
3) Should a vacancy occur, the National Party Chairperson may appoint a replacement until the next party convention when the party members of that region shall vote to elect a replacement.
4) Bgwah is recognized as having served as Pacific Regional Chair since joining the JCP on March 21st, 2004.
5) Bacon King is recognized as having served as Southeast Regional Chair since joining the JCP on November 10th, 2008.
Citizen (The) Doctor
ArchangelZero
United States

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -4.52

« Reply #98 on: June 17, 2010, 07:35:26 PM »

Alright, finally switched parties to the JCP.Smiley
Purple State
Junior Chimp
United States