Peruvian Elections and Politics: Boluarte era, political crisis continues (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 20, 2024, 06:27:42 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  International Elections (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  Peruvian Elections and Politics: Boluarte era, political crisis continues (search mode)
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Peruvian Elections and Politics: Boluarte era, political crisis continues  (Read 68945 times)
LAKISYLVANIA
Lakigigar
Atlas Icon
Belgium

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -4.78

P P P
« Reply #25 on: December 21, 2022, 03:24:30 PM »

I'm guessing the relatively high level of retrospective support for the autogolpe attempt is, uh, heavily informed by subsequent events.

"guessing".

In every Peru thread here, most of the posts at least have 1 "probably" or "guessing" word in them. People making conclusions without being informed of what's going on and their prejudices being conflicted with actual events.

As opposed to what you are doing? You're also lashing out at a person who is more sympathetic to your position than most posters in here, as you would find out if you finished reading that sentence.

"heavily informed by subsequent events", what does that indicate. I don't get what you mean here.
LAKISYLVANIA
Lakigigar
Atlas Icon
Belgium

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #26 on: December 21, 2022, 04:30:22 PM »
« Edited: December 21, 2022, 04:41:49 PM by Laki »

"heavily informed by subsequent events", what does that indicate. I don't get what you mean here.

I guess it should say that the poster thinks that many people who disliked Castillo, now, with the way Boularte and Congress (and the "security" forces) are handling the situation, began to consider Castillo the lesser evil (compared to congress), and that therefore, with hindsight, they consider his move to dissolve Congress justified...

I probably didn't realize the tone of the post, because of not being a native speaker in english.

So my apologies.

Yes i know i've been somewhat "passive agressive" in this thread, but i also feel like i have to go on full defence mode in this thread, because I couldn't disagree more with the posts being made

If you see the 14 "like equivalents" for what I consider a stupid post, than yes, that would explain my passive agression here.

or here, an arguably much worse post.

And it isn't the first time it happened in international general discussions, like this thread for example: https://talkelections.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=529838.0

(where people attacked me and PSOL before we even made a post in the thread, based on fake news being spread about Iran).

While

that therefore, with hindsight, they consider his move to dissolve Congress justified...

this is something that i'm trying to explain for over a week already.

And people continue to reply: "what about Castillo", "Castillo would have done the same", and "there is no lesser evil", okay an upgrade over "rooting for Boluarta after Castillo's coup". But still, there is a clear lesser evil here, and imo given what we know his move to dissolve Congress AND CALL FOR NEW ELECTIONS was completely justified.

People have ridiculed Fernandez, AMLO and Petro for having the same take on the situation as I have, but i'm glad that these leaders do what is necessary and take the right decisions, and I would have done the same/supported them if i were in their situations.

So yes, i hope you understand why i sometimes have the feeling of "me against the world" or "me against all Atlas users". The way people treat me here (in these boards) have led to that.
LAKISYLVANIA
Lakigigar
Atlas Icon
Belgium

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #27 on: December 21, 2022, 05:53:00 PM »

imo given what we know his move to dissolve Congress AND CALL FOR NEW ELECTIONS was completely justified.

People have ridiculed Fernandez, AMLO and Petro for having the same take on the situation as I have, but i'm glad that these leaders do what is necessary and take the right decisions, and I would have done the same/supported them if i were in their situations.

A president being replaced by his own vice president in response to unconstitutionally attempting to close Congress, take over the judiciary, and rule by decree isn’t a coup. What “we know” is that Congress was going to attempt to impeach him for the third time due to the obvious corruption that permeated his administration, an attempt which by all accounts would have failed just like the other two. Even if - and especially if - the impeachment were likely to succeed, his actions would still have been dictatorial and authoritarian. It doesn’t matter if he was going to call new elections - can you guess who else called for fresh elections and a new constitution after a self-coup?
I disagree.
LAKISYLVANIA
Lakigigar
Atlas Icon
Belgium

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #28 on: January 04, 2023, 05:25:19 AM »

So was Boluarte always some sort of Keiko Lite sleeper agent within Peru Libre or is she just a weathervane?

I called it as first, hope people at least would start to respect me here, instead of the bs i have had to process...
LAKISYLVANIA
Lakigigar
Atlas Icon
Belgium

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #29 on: January 21, 2023, 03:15:00 PM »

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-latin-america-64232230

Never was an "i told you so" so clear as now.
LAKISYLVANIA
Lakigigar
Atlas Icon
Belgium

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #30 on: February 25, 2023, 04:32:47 AM »

Seems Peruvians agree with me and not with atlas.
Pages: 1 [2]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies