2020 Presidential Election Results & Exit Polls commentary thread
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 17, 2024, 09:57:13 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  2020 Presidential Election Results & Exit Polls commentary thread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 289 290 291 292 293 [294] 295 296 297 298 299 ... 818
Author Topic: 2020 Presidential Election Results & Exit Polls commentary thread  (Read 623768 times)
GeorgiaModerate
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #7325 on: November 04, 2020, 04:22:53 PM »
« edited: November 04, 2020, 04:26:51 PM by GeorgiaModerate »

With MI and WI called, a summary of what's left of interest:

AZ - Biden leads, has been called by Fox and AP but nobody else, considerable number of votes left to count.  Next update: 9pm EST tonight.

NV - Biden leads, remaining ballots look favorable to him.  Next update: 1pm EST tomorrow.

PA - Biden trails, but will likely lead after all absentees are counted.

GA - Biden trails, but is making up ground and is possibly on track for a narrow win.  Next update: 6pm EST tonight.

NC - Biden trails, but has an outside shot of overcoming Trump's lead with remaining votes.

So if Biden wins PA or any two of the others, he wins the election.

Alben Barkley
KYWildman
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.97, S: -5.74

P P
« Reply #7326 on: November 04, 2020, 04:23:14 PM »

Michigan is a sigh of relief.

But PA is still an unknown, as is Nevada and Arizona (neither are a guarantee just yet).

Maybe so but the odds of Biden losing ALL of them plus GA are not great to say the least.
ProgressiveModerate
Atlas Icon

« Reply #7327 on: November 04, 2020, 04:23:30 PM »

Quick question; is the senate really completely gone for Ds?

I'm not there chances are low but they definately aren't non-zero yet.

It seems like Tillis and Peters will both ling onto their seats. From there, it comes down to whether Perdue can be pushed below 50% or not, which looks like it'll be close. From there, they would have to win both the runoffs.  If Democrats go brute force in GA, they might have a chance, though GA D turn out is traditionally bad in off years. Again, this is a lot of ifs, and their chances are probably close to single digits, if not single digits, but imagine if Democrats still end up with the trifecta... lol
TopShelfGoal

« Reply #7328 on: November 04, 2020, 04:23:51 PM »

And Twitter hasn't marked it as misinformation, even after thousands of Rts.

Guess it's ok if it helps the Libs tho

How does this help the Liberals? The only thing it does is cause panic among the Ds which is definitely not helping.
Bootes Void
iamaganster123
Junior Chimp
Canada

« Reply #7329 on: November 04, 2020, 04:24:46 PM »

It seems like Tillis and Peters will both ling onto their seats. From there, it comes down to whether Perdue can be pushed below 50% or not, which looks like it'll be close. From there, they would have to win both the runoffs.  If Democrats go brute force in GA, they might have a chance, though GA D turn out is traditionally bad in off years. Again, this is a lot of ifs, and their chances are probably close to single digits, if not single digits, but imagine if Democrats still end up with the trifecta... lol
There might be 2 runoffs in Ga
Agafin
Cameroon

« Reply #7330 on: November 04, 2020, 04:25:57 PM »

So this is a bit random but Alaska had a huge batch of votes dropped and Trump seems to maintain a 30% lead there. Things can still change obviously as there's 44% of the vote left to count but that seems like a massive swing to Trump from 2016. Seems like his minority overperformance extends to inuits/alaska natives.
GeorgiaModerate
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #7331 on: November 04, 2020, 04:26:09 PM »

I think this is more likely than not at this point.
Vaccinated Russian Bear
Russian Bear
Junior Chimp
« Reply #7332 on: November 04, 2020, 04:26:41 PM »

Ljube
Junior Chimp
Political Matrix
E: 2.71, S: -6.09

« Reply #7333 on: November 04, 2020, 04:26:51 PM »

It would be a disaster.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #7334 on: November 04, 2020, 04:27:08 PM »

do you want some cheese with that whine?
Holmes
Atlas Icon
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -5.74

« Reply #7335 on: November 04, 2020, 04:27:19 PM »

I guess so. Stay mad.
Red Velvet
Brazil

« Reply #7336 on: November 04, 2020, 04:27:34 PM »

Even if it’s not a good election for democrats at all, it must be quite a humiliating defeat for Trump. He’s losing to a guy with no message other than being “Not Trump”. Trumpism is popular and it’s here to stay but the force of Anti-Trumpism is even stronger.
ProgressiveModerate
Atlas Icon

« Reply #7337 on: November 04, 2020, 04:27:58 PM »

What if Biden gets the Sabato map?
Podgy the Bear
mollybecky

« Reply #7338 on: November 04, 2020, 04:28:07 PM »

Assuming both Senate races in GA make the runoff (and I think they will), the one difference this year is Raphael Warnock.   The black vote in January will be off the charts.  I doubt voters are going to split their tickets.   And I don't see Collins voters getting out in full force to get out and vote for Loeffler.  

This is quite doable.
ultraviolet
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.71, S: -3.22

P P P
« Reply #7339 on: November 04, 2020, 04:28:47 PM »

In the last 1% reported in PA, Biden made up 0.4 points. Trump now leads by 5.3 with 84% in.
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #7340 on: November 04, 2020, 04:28:50 PM »

Imagine if we somehow manage to win both the runoffs.  I know we probably won’t, but it’d be pretty epic.  Not impossible - especially if Biden flips GA - but obviously unlikely.
RFK Jr.’s Brain Worm
Fubart Solman
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #7341 on: November 04, 2020, 04:28:54 PM »

I know it will change, but I love the irony that Biden is currently doing worse than Hillary in terms of the popular vote and yet appears to be on his way to victory.

More importantly, though, it probably means a lot of the outstanding vote is going to Biden generally, not just in the swing states.

What are you talking about?  Biden is outperforming Hillary in the NPV.

Barely, and it's unclear he will get the gigantic CA late ballot boost that Clinton got because CA is currently tightening with each update.  Trump's coalition is much less efficient this time.  Would be wild if Biden wins PA or AZ by more than 2.

With "every update"? CA has barely counted any significant votes since last night

Notably, Kern and El Dorado have flipped back to being Republican. I think that CA’s usual pattern might not be accurate this time because CA can now start to process mail-in/drop-off ballots before Election Day, so a lot of those super-Dem numbers we saw at the tail end of counting may have already been accounted for.
Astatine

Political Matrix
E: -0.72, S: -5.90

« Reply #7342 on: November 04, 2020, 04:29:16 PM »

Does NC have any chance of going Democratic, even narrowly? 95 % of the votes reported, Trump is leading by 78k and it seems like the remaining votes come from areas favorable towards Biden (Mecklenburg, Cumberland, Orange, Forsyth)?
ProgressiveModerate
Atlas Icon

« Reply #7343 on: November 04, 2020, 04:29:45 PM »

Assuming both Senate races in GA make the runoff (and I think they will), the one difference this year is Raphael Warnock.   The black vote in January will be off the charts.  I doubt voters are going to split their tickets.   And I don't see Collins voters getting out in full force to get out and vote for Loeffler.  

This is quite doable.

Again; keeping my expectations low but if Democrats do end up with a trifecta after all this it would be so funny
Alben Barkley
KYWildman
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.97, S: -5.74

P P
« Reply #7344 on: November 04, 2020, 04:29:48 PM »

Even if it’s not a good election for democrats at all, it must be quite a humiliating defeat for Trump. He’s losing to a guy with no message other than being “Not Trump”. Trumpism is popular and it’s here to stay but the force of Anti-Trumpism is even stronger.

That’s just not true.

I do think Hillary Clinton is owed an apology though. Biden corrected basically all the mistakes of her campaign that people criticized her for and still might just barely win. Clearly, beating Trump is not the cakewalk people thought it should be.
Penn_Quaker_Girl
Junior Chimp
India

Political Matrix
E: 0.10, S: 0.06

« Reply #7345 on: November 04, 2020, 04:29:52 PM »

(NYT) - Trump down to +5.3 in PA (3,118,163 - 2,798,232 : 52.0 - 46.7) with 84% of the vote reported.  
ObamaMichael
Rookie
« Reply #7346 on: November 04, 2020, 04:30:17 PM »

Yes, but very small chances. The real prize could be GA.
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #7347 on: November 04, 2020, 04:30:20 PM »

ProgressiveModerate
Atlas Icon

« Reply #7348 on: November 04, 2020, 04:30:27 PM »

Does NC have any chance of going Democratic, even narrowly? 95 % of the votes reported, Trump is leading by 78k and it seems like the remaining votes come from areas favorable towards Biden (Mecklenburg, Cumberland, Orange, Forsyth)?

Yes, but it's a longshot. The remaining ballots are expected to skew heavily D, but we don't know how many ballots will arrive late
Dr Oz Lost Party!
PittsburghSteel
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #7349 on: November 04, 2020, 04:30:35 PM »

I mean, Biden may very well win the Presidency, and I'm happy for that, but the down ballot losses are really irking me.

Gideon, J. Cunningham, Finkenauer, and DMP losing really stung. Sad
Pages: 1 ... 289 290 291 292 293 [294] 295 296 297 298 299 ... 818  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies