2020 Census and Redistricting Thread: Florida (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 20, 2024, 02:19:55 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Political Geography & Demographics (Moderators: muon2, 100% pro-life no matter what)
  2020 Census and Redistricting Thread: Florida (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: 2020 Census and Redistricting Thread: Florida  (Read 57433 times)
MillennialModerate
MillennialMAModerate
YaBB God
United States

« on: January 19, 2022, 03:39:20 PM »

I’m confused why Florida Republicans didn’t go with a plan like DeSantis all along?

They have nothing to stop them at all…..
MillennialModerate
MillennialMAModerate
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2022, 05:48:02 AM »

And there goes the house for the next 10 years.

This country is so ed

calm yourself.

The house was already rigged for the Republicans and as of a few weeks ago the maps were supposed to be remarkably close to even. With this map it’s back to what it’s always been - rigged for the Republicans. Dems would need to win the popular vote by 8 points to even have a half decent majority.

The country is majority Democrat and you’d never know it.

After this midterm Dems might not control either chamber of congress for literally 8 years at minimum.
MillennialModerate
MillennialMAModerate
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2022, 02:39:19 PM »

I'm still confident this will be struck down. Judges on both sides are not as hackish as we thought

You’re a fairly reasonable poster but this post puts SirWoodbury, KanyeGreenAvatar and my Georgia takes to shame.

There is no planet on which this map does not end up the Florida congressional map.
MillennialModerate
MillennialMAModerate
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2022, 04:44:22 AM »

I'm still confident this will be struck down. Judges on both sides are not as hackish as we thought

You’re a fairly reasonable poster but this post puts SirWoodbury, KanyeGreenAvatar and my Georgia takes to shame.

There is no planet on which this map does not end up the Florida congressional map.
So you think these judges have no principles and are willing to legislate from the bench? DeSantis ADMITTEDLY violated the redistricting amendment. I don't know how many times I have to say that

75% of those with R’s next to their names in the era of Trump have no resemblance of principle.

DeSantis could put out a TV ad bragging about how he broke the rules - it will not matter. This map will be the 2022 Florida map. Put it in the bank, it’s gaining intrest.
MillennialModerate
MillennialMAModerate
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2022, 05:49:54 PM »

Why on earth wouldn’t they just challenge the whole map?

It’s a real shame if EITHER Florida or Ohio went Dems way the national map would be (almost) not catastrophic this year and great in other yesrs
MillennialModerate
MillennialMAModerate
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2022, 07:15:13 AM »

I am still confident this map will be struck down by SCOFL

You are batsh**t crazy with this take lol

AT best they’ll strike it in theory but essentially make it so the map stands anyway
MillennialModerate
MillennialMAModerate
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #6 on: June 04, 2022, 12:47:45 PM »

I’m stunned. Never saw it coming
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies