Update Season IX - "CAD, Kenya, CAD, Kenya, CAD, Kenya, CAD" (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 20, 2024, 11:38:49 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Update Season IX - "CAD, Kenya, CAD, Kenya, CAD, Kenya, CAD" (search mode)
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Update Season IX - "CAD, Kenya, CAD, Kenya, CAD, Kenya, CAD"  (Read 153793 times)
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« on: July 25, 2013, 09:10:13 PM »

How much better off would you be if you'd taken Torie's advice on the house last year?
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2013, 07:54:19 PM »

On another front, I am also considering going back to a "modified Plan A" as it relates to Kenya.  The more I think about it, 2015 may be too soon and too unfeasible at this point.  Plan A if you'll remember was get a job in Fort Worth right after I get my CAD certificate and work for about 4-5 years before moving to Kenya in 2018 or 2019.  I'm thinking about bringing that plan back to the surface now that I've had a chance to think about it.

How old will your sponsor kids be in 2018?
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2013, 07:46:46 PM »

And no, Oklahoma is not in the South

It's more logically part of the South than part of the Midwest, IMHO.
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2013, 06:09:48 PM »

And bushie still doubts me when I say he will never move to Kenya, never adopt those kids and never leave OK?

He says he probably won't move to Kenya until 2018 now, right?

I asked him before, but he didn't answer.  How old will the kids be by then?  Are they going to be 16 or 17 or so?  What's the point of adopting them then anyway, if it's only going to be a year or two before they become adults?
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2013, 10:47:48 PM »

CAD is boring. When will his love life pick up?

Yeah seriously. At this rate it'll be 2018 before he goes on another date.

Now, that I'm in America for what looks like another 4-5 years, I have time to try to find me the right girl.  However, first thing is first, I need to get this CAD certificate, get myself a job with CAD, and preferably get up to Kansas City before I start looking!  I am nowhere near ready to settle down at this point.  I am not capable of supporting a relationship of any kind right now.

Isn't there an awfully good chance that whoever is otherwise interested in "settling down" with you won't want to move with Kenya?  You still seem to suggest that moving to Kenya is a sure thing, but this seems like an obvious way that the dream might die.  Don't you think there's a good chance that if you met someone and fell in love, but she didn't want to move to Kenya, you'd end up not going, or at least not this decade?
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2013, 10:57:57 PM »

CAD is boring. When will his love life pick up?

Yeah seriously. At this rate it'll be 2018 before he goes on another date.

Now, that I'm in America for what looks like another 4-5 years, I have time to try to find me the right girl.  However, first thing is first, I need to get this CAD certificate, get myself a job with CAD, and preferably get up to Kansas City before I start looking!  I am nowhere near ready to settle down at this point.  I am not capable of supporting a relationship of any kind right now.

Isn't there an awfully good chance that whoever is otherwise interested in "settling down" with you won't want to move with Kenya?  You still seem to suggest that moving to Kenya is a sure thing, but this seems like an obvious way that the dream might die.  Don't you think there's a good chance that if you met someone and fell in love, but she didn't want to move to Kenya, you'd end up not going, or at least not this decade?

First off, my preference if I get to choose, would be one who is missions minded and open to living in other countries.  True, that could delay it into the 2020's after she's had a chance to explore Kenya first hand, but we'll see how things go.  2017 is 4 years away and 2018 is 5 years, so a lot can change that far out.  Nothing is a sure thing that far out.  Heck, its not even a sure thing that I'll even be alive tomorrow, let alone 5 years from now.  Not trying to be morbid, but God could decide He wants me to come home at any given time.

Well, that sounds less certain about things than in some of your previous commentary about moving to Kenya.
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #6 on: August 02, 2013, 06:42:19 PM »

That episode when he gives up on CAD is going to be pretty wild even though almost all of us are expecting it to happen. Looking forward to that one with a bucket of popcorn.

An episode that will never be written!

IF it does get written, then its back to the call center environment - IMMEDIATELY.

Huh I thought you were never ever ever going back to call centers.

I don't plan to, unless I have no other option.

Then why did you just say that if CAD doesn't work out, you'd go back to call centers "immediately"?  Aren't there any other jobs out there that aren't call centers?
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #7 on: August 08, 2013, 09:11:58 PM »

Dad finds relief mowing, and he doesn't want to give that up. 

Your dad still mows the lawn?  You didn't help out with that even before you were in CAD, and had little to do all day?  What about walking the dog?  Is that mostly you, or do your parents do a substantial portion of that as well?
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #8 on: August 08, 2013, 10:13:53 PM »

Dad finds relief mowing, and he doesn't want to give that up. 

Your dad still mows the lawn?  You didn't help out with that even before you were in CAD, and had little to do all day?  What about walking the dog?  Is that mostly you, or do your parents do a substantial portion of that as well?

Nobody walks the dog.

Last time I asked, he claimed that they were walking the dog now, but of course there's no way to tell for sure.  It is telling though that he never mentions walking the dog when he recaps the day, except when people ask him directly about it.
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #9 on: August 12, 2013, 09:36:18 PM »

AndrewCT wanted me to tell the audience that he forgives bushie for deleting him, and Jesus loves liars too.

Why doesn't he tell us himself?  Is he refusing to return to Atlas?
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #10 on: August 13, 2013, 06:14:41 PM »

AndrewCT wanted me to tell the audience that he forgives bushie for deleting him, and Jesus loves liars too.

Why doesn't he tell us himself?  Is he refusing to return to Atlas?

He has sworn off the forum, but he wanted his friends here to know his side of the story.

Why has he sworn off the forum?  Can we have an explanation here?  I think this discussion is far more interesting, and Update-worthy, than whatever nonsense Bushie is talking about today.
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #11 on: August 14, 2013, 09:11:47 PM »

Everybody asleep?  This is two nights in a row that I've had good news and crickets were heard chirping.  C'mon guys!  Let's play!  Risking a lot here!

No offense, but I'm only reading this thread for more news on AndrewCT.
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #12 on: August 15, 2013, 08:28:39 AM »

All five are friends, along with all the young men.

You mean all five are friends with each other, or all five are friends with you?
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #13 on: August 15, 2013, 06:17:49 PM »

What a nightmare. No eligible women in that class?

Why are you discriminating against the deaf one?
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #14 on: August 15, 2013, 06:49:44 PM »

this cad chat is getting really boring.

the teacher sounds completely unprepared.  didnt he have all summer to prepare for this class?

Read my last post.

I tried, but I fell asleep.
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #15 on: August 16, 2013, 07:59:12 AM »

I've researched it through and through and everything is legit.

Tell us the name of the school, and maybe people here will research it more thoroughly than you did.
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #16 on: August 16, 2013, 10:38:07 PM »

In July you said you and your parents were walking Blondie "at least once a day":

https://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=174552.msg3803833#msg3803833

So have you stopped walking her altogether?  Or just left it up to your parents?
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #17 on: August 17, 2013, 08:13:20 AM »

What about my question about Blondie, Bushie?  You said about a month ago that you guys were walking her "at least once a day", and now you're not walking at all?  What happened?
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #18 on: August 18, 2013, 07:16:19 PM »

Bushie, can you name any of the dietician's suggestions that you've actually stuck to?
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #19 on: August 18, 2013, 09:51:19 PM »

It makes sense to grill hamburgers quite often.  That's called being an American. 

It makes sense to have pork chops, stuffing, corn, and green beans.  That is an American meal.

At least one of these quotes should go in my sig at some point.

Not sure which one is better, though I'm leaning towards the first one.  "It makes sense to grill hamburgers quite often."  Sounds kind of like a pbrower-esque non sequitur.
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #20 on: August 19, 2013, 05:37:45 PM »

A double quarter pounder?  Does that make it a half pounder?
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #21 on: August 19, 2013, 06:41:07 PM »

A double quarter pounder?  Does that make it a half pounder?

Yes, it is.  McDonald's calls it the former.

I think you should try ordering a quadruple eighth pounder, and see how they react.
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #22 on: August 19, 2013, 11:02:45 PM »

Is this teacher really a professor?  Or is he just a "professor" in the same sense that Aizen is?
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #23 on: August 20, 2013, 06:13:33 AM »

Is this teacher really a professor?  Or is he just a "professor" in the same sense that Aizen is?

Teacher/Instructor/Professor, the titles are interchangeable.  He's more of just a facilitator since it is self paced, but at the same time he wants to make sure we get the information.

Exaggerating your teaching credentials won't help you get girls.
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #24 on: August 20, 2013, 06:17:47 PM »

What? A 2week fall break? Do you get 2 months off for Christmas?

Probably no classes between Thanksgiving and President's Day.  I mean, there are so many holidays in that interval that going to class in between the holidays would be pointless.
Pages: [1] 2  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies