Trump approval ratings thread, 1.4
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 20, 2024, 11:25:59 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Trump approval ratings thread, 1.4
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 31 32 33 [34] 35 36 37 38 39 ... 74
Author Topic: Trump approval ratings thread, 1.4  (Read 178333 times)
Bandit3 the Worker
Populist3
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -10.00, S: -9.92

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #825 on: October 15, 2018, 11:44:19 AM »

It's called a Pew Poll because PEWWW, Trump's numbers STINK!
Dr. Arch
Arch
Atlas Icon
Puerto Rico

« Reply #826 on: October 15, 2018, 11:45:31 AM »

Pew Research American Trends Panel: Sep. 24 - Oct. 7, 10683 adults (change from Jul/Aug)

Approve 38 (-2)
Disapprove 61 (+2)

Wow, that's ugly.
Matty
boshembechle
Junior Chimp

« Reply #827 on: October 15, 2018, 12:04:09 PM »

Gallup

44(+1)
51 (-2)

GeorgiaModerate
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #828 on: October 15, 2018, 12:07:45 PM »

This is Trump's best result in this poll since mid-June (right after his meeting with Kim Jong Un).
LimoLiberal
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -3.71, S: -4.00

« Reply #829 on: October 15, 2018, 12:08:25 PM »

This is Trump's best result in this poll since mid-June (right after his meeting with Kim Jong Un).

Just in time for the midterms. Very similar to his 2016 strategy. Laying low and letting his numbers slowly rise.
Virginiá
Virginia
Administratrix
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.97, S: -5.91

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #830 on: October 15, 2018, 12:09:00 PM »

Just in time for the midterms. Very similar to his 2016 strategy. Laying low and letting his numbers slowly rise.

Hasn't helped in the GCB.
LimoLiberal
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -3.71, S: -4.00

« Reply #831 on: October 15, 2018, 12:10:11 PM »

Has helped bigly in the Senate.
ON Progressive
OntarioProgressive
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.06, S: -8.70

« Reply #832 on: October 15, 2018, 12:14:44 PM »

Just ignore those Pew numbers because they don’t fit your narrative, of course.
Brittain33
brittain33
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #833 on: October 15, 2018, 12:15:21 PM »

You're confused. People are saying Republicans are doing better in the Senate because of Kavanaugh and Trump activating his base. That's the opposite of laying low. Also, it's ridiculous to argue that Trump is steering his own numbers up.
KingSweden
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #834 on: October 15, 2018, 12:16:54 PM »

I continue to find the inverse relationship between Trump approval and GCB fascinating.
Wisconsin SC Race 2019
hofoid

« Reply #835 on: October 15, 2018, 12:19:58 PM »

I continue to find the inverse relationship between Trump approval and GCB fascinating.
The perception of him being safe encourages people to turn out to add a congressional check on him.
BudgieForce
superbudgie1582
YaBB God

« Reply #836 on: October 15, 2018, 12:20:56 PM »

Welp, Limo's back. Guess thats my cue to start my break from the forum till after the midterms.
KingSweden
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #837 on: October 15, 2018, 12:23:49 PM »

The perception of him being safe encourages people to turn out to add a congressional check on him.

That’s not a terrible theory, actually. Hadn’t thought of that. To be certain I think the truth of his approval lies somewhere between Pew and Gallup.
GeorgiaModerate
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #838 on: October 15, 2018, 12:25:56 PM »

That’s not a terrible theory, actually. Hadn’t thought of that. To be certain I think the truth of his approval lies somewhere between Pew and Gallup.

It seems backwards to me.  Wouldn't people who thought Trump was doing an OK job be less motivated to put a check on him than those who thought he was doing a terrible job?

I agree that the truth is likely somewhere in the middle.  It usually is. Wink
Virginiá
Virginia
Administratrix
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.97, S: -5.91

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #839 on: October 15, 2018, 12:27:20 PM »

That's a reasonable take, given where most of the competitive seats are. But it's also a really mainstream media-like view of the race, where only Congress (or worse, one chamber of Congress) matters. There are still tons of gubernatorial/statewide office races, legislative elections, local elections and obviously the House. So the GCB being where it is, is pretty bad for Republicans as a whole.

The number of people who actually vote based on wanting a "check" on the president is probably a lot smaller than assumed. I'm sure they exist in non-neglible numbers, but every midterm this theme is constantly trumpeted around like voters are all well-informed, rationale people. The vast majority of Trump supporters will vote Republican for most offices and the vast majority of Democrats will vote for Democrats. Meanwhile, voters Trump has alienated will vote against Trump/Republicans not necessarily because they just want a "check" but because they don't like him anymore (or never did at all) and are punishing him and his party, and will probably vote against him in 2020 if they turn out to vote.
Wisconsin SC Race 2019
hofoid

« Reply #840 on: October 15, 2018, 12:34:56 PM »
« Edited: October 15, 2018, 12:53:22 PM by hofoid »

It seems backwards to me.  Wouldn't people who thought Trump was doing an OK job be less motivated to put a check on him than those who thought he was doing a terrible job?

I agree that the truth is likely somewhere in the middle.  It usually is. Wink
It's more of the "we like him...as long as he's gonna be restrained"...like a cute baby on a plane. They are voting for the pacifier.  
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #841 on: October 15, 2018, 12:52:21 PM »

It's more of the "we like him...as long as he's gonna be restrained"...like a cute baby on a plane. They are voting for the pacifier. 

It seems backwards to me.  Wouldn't people who thought Trump was doing an OK job be less motivated to put a check on him than those who thought he was doing a terrible job?

I agree that the truth is likely somewhere in the middle.  It usually is. Wink

It makes since with Obama's 2010 debacle. He wasn't really that unpopular until the Fukushima thing where we thought we would double dip.
GeorgiaModerate
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #842 on: October 15, 2018, 12:54:56 PM »

Wisconsin: PPP, Oct. 10-11, 816 RV

Approve 44
Disapprove 52

Consistent with the recent Marist and Marquette numbers.
junior chįmp
Mondale_was_an_insidejob
Junior Chimp
Croatia
« Reply #843 on: October 15, 2018, 05:36:07 PM »

lol...anyone who believes this is in for a disappointment on election night.
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.71, S: -7.65

« Reply #844 on: October 15, 2018, 06:24:20 PM »

Pew Research American Trends Panel: Sep. 24 - Oct. 7, 10683 adults (change from Jul/Aug)

Approve 38 (-2)
Disapprove 61 (+2)

Wow, that's ugly.

Ugly for Trump maybe. Those numbers are beautiful to me.
Dr. Arch
Arch
Atlas Icon
Puerto Rico

« Reply #845 on: October 15, 2018, 06:29:04 PM »

Approve 38 (-2)
Disapprove 61 (+2)

Wow, that's ugly.

Ugly for Trump maybe. Those numbers are beautiful to me.

Ditto. You know what I meant.  Pacman
Beet
Atlas Star

« Reply #846 on: October 15, 2018, 06:38:14 PM »

Approve 38 (-2)
Disapprove 61 (+2)

I'm having trouble connecting these bad national numbers for Trump with the GOP landslides in places like MN-08, TX-23, and OR-05 (including high Trump approvals). This reminds me of the 2012 election when Romney was doing well in the generic ballot, but Obama was winning the state-level polls.
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #847 on: October 15, 2018, 06:44:28 PM »

Approve 38 (-2)
Disapprove 61 (+2)

I'm having trouble connecting these bad national numbers for Trump with the GOP landslides in places like MN-08, TX-23, and OR-05 (including high Trump approvals). This reminds me of the 2012 election when Romney was doing well in the generic ballot, but Obama was winning the state-level polls.

He was co consistently behind in them the national ballot. It was a remarkably stable 2-3 point race. Romney caught up to him because Obama effed up the first debate but pulled back ahead after Sandy. Obama went on to win by just under 4.
forgotten manatee
bluecat
United States

« Reply #848 on: October 15, 2018, 07:04:40 PM »

It’s sad that Trump can see his approval rating tick up after mocking a sexual assault victim, but Obama suggested a white cop acted stupidly and middle America lost its god damn mind.
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #849 on: October 15, 2018, 08:25:25 PM »

It’s sad that Trump can see his approval rating tick up after mocking a sexual assault victim, but Obama suggested a white cop acted stupidly and middle America lost its god damn mind.

If that is the case, if our country simply sucks in 20 years, I'll know why.
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 31 32 33 [34] 35 36 37 38 39 ... 74  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies