January 6th legal proceedings and investigations megathread (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 19, 2024, 01:31:53 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  January 6th legal proceedings and investigations megathread (search mode)
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6
Poll
Question: Will Trump be convicted in his DC January 6 case?
He will be convicted

He won't be convicted

He should be convicted

He should not be convicted

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 66

Calculate results by number of options selected
Author Topic: January 6th legal proceedings and investigations megathread  (Read 141604 times)
Inmate Trump
GWBFan
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: -4.39, S: -7.30

P P P
« Reply #25 on: June 13, 2022, 06:53:44 AM »

But will this actually happen?

I feel like it'll either cause civil war or civil unrest, or both...no matter what happens.
Inmate Trump
GWBFan
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #26 on: June 14, 2022, 06:51:23 AM »

The longer he drags his feet the worse it’ll be. Especially if Trump announces a 2024 run beforehand.
Inmate Trump
GWBFan
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #27 on: June 15, 2022, 12:15:16 PM »

Tulsi lol
Inmate Trump
GWBFan
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #28 on: June 16, 2022, 07:05:16 AM »

Clarence Thomas must resign.
Inmate Trump
GWBFan
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #29 on: June 16, 2022, 12:25:05 PM »
« Edited: June 16, 2022, 12:41:03 PM by The Trump Virus »

Judge Luttig is hard to listen to.

I’m losing focus on what he’s even talking about. Does he have a medical condition? I don’t want to be a d*ck talking sh** about him if so.

So far his testimony is ineffective due to the way he’s speaking. They should not have had him speaking. Who can follow what he’s saying? Dumb move by the committee.
Inmate Trump
GWBFan
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #30 on: June 16, 2022, 12:45:24 PM »

Seems like some kind of a speech impediment. Age related maybe? If you put everything he says together it makes sense it's just coming out in a labored manor.

I don’t even remember the question he was asked.

I feel bad for criticizing him. He’s clearly got something wrong. My issue is with the committee for having him up there. Surely they knew how this would come across?
Inmate Trump
GWBFan
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #31 on: June 16, 2022, 05:07:00 PM »

I wish they had explained this ahead of time. I know medical issues are nobody’s business HOWEVER it would have served as an excuse for the Judge’s communication.
Inmate Trump
GWBFan
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #32 on: June 16, 2022, 07:47:11 PM »

LOL all this drama in the hearings and Trump is gonna still become president again in a couple years

COPE

I see you have learned nothing during your timeout.

You are a non-American gleefully mocking Americans who are rightfully outraged and concerned over the state of their democracy.

What is the matter with you?

He’s sick and needs serious mental help.
Inmate Trump
GWBFan
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #33 on: June 18, 2022, 07:54:34 AM »

9/11 vs 1/6....just because one had a larger loss of life doesn't mean it was more damaging.

9/11 was an outside attack. It brought Americans together, regardless of political party. Everyone rallied behind the flag, behind the president, and stood with each other. Our differences no longer mattered. It did have some horrible outcomes, namely wars under false pretenses and government overreach.

1/6 was a direct attack by Americans on American soil and on democracy itself. It divided us even further than we already were, and it was perpetrated by an American president. The truth behind the attack is ignored or denied by one half of the population. It signifies that democracy is in grave danger, and is being threatened from within. The threat is ongoing and is not being quelled. One half of the nation is spiraling into extremism. We have enemies within and seemingly nothing can unite us again, at least not anytime soon. There is now a "cold war" within our borders between the right and left.
Inmate Trump
GWBFan
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #34 on: June 20, 2022, 10:23:27 AM »

If there was no medical issue, then I just don’t get why he spoke that way.

Whatever he said was lost because no one could follow him solely due to the way he chose to speak.
Inmate Trump
GWBFan
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #35 on: June 23, 2022, 04:51:54 AM »

One can hope but I don’t want to get too excited.

Brooks is shallow and evil. Trump just needs to dangle another carrot and he’ll cave.
Inmate Trump
GWBFan
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #36 on: June 23, 2022, 02:44:08 PM »

Today's hearing will reveal the members of Congress who asked for pardons. 

Why would one need a pardon if they’ve done nothing wrong? Hm…
Inmate Trump
GWBFan
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #37 on: June 23, 2022, 04:19:26 PM »

Asked for patrons:

Matt Gaetz
Scott Perry
Mo Brooks

I feel like I missed one…
Inmate Trump
GWBFan
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #38 on: June 23, 2022, 04:47:28 PM »

Based on what's come out so far in the hearings, I really don't see how Trump can avoid indictment.

If Trump had been a governor or a mayor or any other level of elected official trying to pull this crap, I have little to no doubt that there would be an indictment. The biggest (only?) thing that is holding charges back is the fact that he was president and has a large enough following that DOJ is worried about whether bringing charges would "hurt the country" by "dividing people" or some such nonsense that really should not be one of their considerations.

Even still, every day that these hearings present new levels of detail on just how expansive this whole scheme was makes me a little less pessimistic about DOJ finding the will to charge him.

I can sympathize with the position the DOJ is in re: bringing charges to Trump.

On the other hand, NOT charging him would have worse implications.
Inmate Trump
GWBFan
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #39 on: June 24, 2022, 07:46:44 AM »

Ron Johnson says the fake electors he tried to give Pence on January 6 came from Rep. Mike Kelly. Kelly is saying Johnson is lying.

https://www.businessinsider.com/republican-senator-ron-johnson-pence-fake-electors-mike-kelly-2022-6?utm_source=reddit.com
Inmate Trump
GWBFan
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #40 on: June 24, 2022, 07:49:26 AM »

Republicans seeking pardons:

Mo Brooks
Matt Gaetz
Andy Biggs
Louis Gohmert
Scott Perry
Marjorie Taylor Greene (potentially)

Any Republicans care to explain why an innocent person would seek a pardon?
Inmate Trump
GWBFan
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #41 on: June 28, 2022, 09:53:59 AM »

A few reports and rumors on Twitter this morning:

4. It's rumored that she knows a LOT and was present at key meetings.  A couple of commentators have suggested that she could be "the next John Dean".

This all falls under the "I'll believe when I see it" umbrella.  The various witnesses and testimonials given across the past five years frequently offer stunning revelations through nuance, but I have learned to temper my expectations when it comes to committees looking into Trump-related matters. 

Yes, and let's face it Republicans and conservatives have changed dramatically for the worst since 1974. At the time most were willing to eject Nixon do to clear wrongdoing. Here Trump has gone far above and beyond threat to American Democratic institutions and the Constitution itself from his actions throughout his presidency even compared to Nixon and Watergate and the enemies list etc etc, but still about 45% of Americans won't budge, and will still gladly support a Neo authoritarian party that seeks to defend such undermining of our democracy because inflation is bad.

Agreed.

She could come in with video footage of Trump himself aborting a baby at 9 months and Republicans wouldn’t bat an eye.

“I don’t agree but I’d vote for him if he’s the nominee.”
Inmate Trump
GWBFan
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #42 on: June 28, 2022, 01:45:38 PM »

I wish the impeachment trial was now instead of then.
Inmate Trump
GWBFan
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #43 on: June 28, 2022, 01:58:55 PM »

“Mike deserves it.”

—Trump, on threats to hang Mike Pence

“What about BLM?”

—Fuzzy Bear probably
Inmate Trump
GWBFan
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #44 on: June 28, 2022, 04:04:28 PM »

Grumps?

Fuzzy Bear?

Where y'all at?
Inmate Trump
GWBFan
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #45 on: June 28, 2022, 07:39:24 PM »

I say it again: Trump could abort a baby in live television and the cult would still support him.
Inmate Trump
GWBFan
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #46 on: June 29, 2022, 04:00:48 AM »

The Secret Service will refute her testimony.  #Liar

One side is lying, the other is not.

One side is under oath, the other is not.

How are you deciding the side NOT under oath is the one telling the truth?
Inmate Trump
GWBFan
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #47 on: June 29, 2022, 08:23:19 AM »

Grumps, you're really reaching here.

I respect you more than Fuzzy because you at least seem somewhat reasonable some of the time. But c'mon, you're just making sh*t up at this point because you're desperate.
Inmate Trump
GWBFan
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #48 on: June 29, 2022, 08:24:44 AM »

It's entirely possible that both sides are telling the truth here.  

Hutchinson did not testify that Trump *did* these things; she testifed that she was *told* he did these things.  This is the definition of hearsay, and yes, that part of her testimony *was* hearsay.  (Most of the rest of her testimony was not; testifying to discussions that an individual took part in or directly observed is by definition *not* hearsay.)

The statements from the USSS so far have been to the effect that the agents are willing to testify that Trump didn't do these things.  This is not incompatible with what Hutchinson testified.  It's entirely possible that Trump did not in fact do these things, or did something minor, and the agent embellished the story to Hutchinson.  The agents need to answer under oath not only whether Trump did those things, but whether the agent told Hutchinson they did.

The bolded part.

Grumps, read that dude. Then read it again.
Inmate Trump
GWBFan
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #49 on: June 29, 2022, 08:40:44 AM »

It's entirely possible that both sides are telling the truth here.  

Hutchinson did not testify that Trump *did* these things; she testifed that she was *told* he did these things.  This is the definition of hearsay, and yes, that part of her testimony *was* hearsay.  (Most of the rest of her testimony was not; testifying to discussions that an individual took part in or directly observed is by definition *not* hearsay.)

The statements from the USSS so far have been to the effect that the agents are willing to testify that Trump didn't do these things.  This is not incompatible with what Hutchinson testified.  It's entirely possible that Trump did not in fact do these things, or did something minor, and the agent embellished the story to Hutchinson.  The agents need to answer under oath not only whether Trump did those things, but whether the agent told Hutchinson they did.

The bolded part.

Grumps, read that dude. Then read it again.

If you want him indicted, this isn't the kind of testimony that's going to get you there.  "Someone told me" doesn't cut it.  Haul in the people who witnessed it.  Now I do believe he whipped some dinner plates around, but that's not a crime.  Using ketchup is.

You called Hutchinson a liar, when all she's guilty of is repeating what someone else told her. That doesn't make her a liar.

And I agree, bring in the Secret Service agents to testify under oath. At this point, her testimony is all we've got. An agent refuting it, not under oath, does not "trump" her testimony.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies