DC Unrest Megathread
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 20, 2024, 07:36:29 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  DC Unrest Megathread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 111 112 113 114 115 [116] 117 118 119 120 121 ... 197
Author Topic: DC Unrest Megathread  (Read 272676 times)
2952-0-0
exnaderite
Junior Chimp

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #2875 on: January 07, 2021, 08:46:40 PM »

The video is actually very good. He should have recorded this video on November 6 or 7 when it became clear that he had lost the election.

He should resign now to avoid being impeached and Pence should pardon him.

God's how in God's name can you say he deserves pardoned? Is this just a way of pardoning your own conscience for supporting this neo-Nazi?

No. It's just an embarrassment to the country to have a former President prosecuted for crimes and possibly convicted.

Chinese state media has been absolutely ecstatic about the crisis in Washington, and they had live reporters on the ground.

What do you think was their tone? No prizes for the right answer.
Arizona Iced Tea
Minute Maid Juice
Junior Chimp

« Reply #2876 on: January 07, 2021, 08:47:17 PM »

Might as well do a response to all the craziness that happened, now that its one day past and emotions have been sorted out.
What happened yesterday was not acceptable, and I don't see any blue avatar here trying to defend the looting and damage done. Those people will hopefully be charged and go to jail and pay all appropriate fines/fees. It is understandable to be upset at what happened with the election and how it was counted but this simply was not the way to do it. Changes need to be made at the state level in order to ban VBM and all other regulations. Capitol Hill is not the main place where that happens.
However, that being said the summer riots greatly encouraged this. When people saw ANTIFA unleashed in Portland and stores being broken into and cops kneeling in front of BLM they believed that they could (wrongfully) do this stuff too.
I am still a Trump supporter and was since 2015, as I do not think it is his fault. He was misguided in the approach post Nov 3 and I do not think the election was stolen, but he never wanted the Capitol building to be stormed. Instead he wanted large outdoor protests but he never had intent of something like this happening. Removing Trump would be a horrible decision as he only has 13 days left, and impeachment would only add more fuel to the fire. The country needs to unite at this moment not get more divided, which attempting to lock up a former President will do.
President Punxsutawney Phil
TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #2877 on: January 07, 2021, 08:48:20 PM »

Ok, good to hear. There's (understandable, yet still wrong) rhetorical hyperbole going on, so it's hard to tell actual hyperbole from joke hyperbole.
Non Swing Voter
Junior Chimp

« Reply #2878 on: January 07, 2021, 08:49:01 PM »

Might as well do a response to all the craziness that happened, now that its one day past and emotions have been sorted out.
What happened yesterday was not acceptable, and I don't see any blue avatar here trying to defend the looting and damage done. Those people will hopefully be charged and go to jail and pay all appropriate fines/fees. It is understandable to be upset at what happened with the election and how it was counted but this simply was not the way to do it. Changes need to be made at the state level in order to ban VBM and all other regulations. Capitol Hill is not the main place where that happens.
However, that being said the summer riots greatly encouraged this. When people saw ANTIFA unleashed in Portland and stores being broken into and cops kneeling in front of BLM they believed that they could (wrongfully) do this stuff too.
I am still a Trump supporter and was since 2015, as I do not think it is his fault. He was misguided in the approach post Nov 3 and I do not think the election was stolen, but he never wanted the Capitol building to be stormed. Instead he wanted large outdoor protests but he never had intent of something like this happening. Removing Trump would be a horrible decision as he only has 13 days left, and impeachment would only add more fuel to the fire. The country needs to unite at this moment not get more divided, which attempting to lock up a former President will do.

What a crock of horses***.
Damocles
Sword of Damocles
United States

« Reply #2879 on: January 07, 2021, 08:49:11 PM »

You and the other blue avatars should go to the Olympics for mental gymnastics.
beaver2.0
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -2.45, S: -0.52

P P

« Reply #2880 on: January 07, 2021, 08:49:51 PM »

Sounds like a guy with a bomb vest is in DC. https://twitter.com/jeremyreiner231/status/1347356520053411842
Indy Texas
independentTX
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.52, S: -3.48

« Reply #2881 on: January 07, 2021, 08:49:56 PM »

The video is actually very good. He should have recorded this video on November 6 or 7 when it became clear that he had lost the election.

He should resign now to avoid being impeached and Pence should pardon him.

God's how in God's name can you say he deserves pardoned? Is this just a way of pardoning your own conscience for supporting this neo-Nazi?

No. It's just an embarrassment to the country to have a former President prosecuted for crimes and possibly convicted.

Chinese state media has been absolutely ecstatic about the crisis in Washington, and they had live reporters on the ground.

What do you think was their tone? No prizes for the right answer.

They're ecstatic that America's four-year long international humiliation on the world stage has reached a crescendo.

Donald Trump has guaranteed the US can never be a major world power the way it was before he took office.
Non Swing Voter
Junior Chimp

« Reply #2882 on: January 07, 2021, 08:50:54 PM »

The country needs to unite at this moment not get more divided, which attempting to lock up a former President will do.

What a crock of horses***.

Oh and this was the cherry on top.  Trump spent the last 5 years doing idiotic "Lock her up" chants.  You still support him.  You own this.
Non Swing Voter
Junior Chimp

« Reply #2883 on: January 07, 2021, 08:53:38 PM »

The Blue avatars don't seem to get one really simple fact: You either support America or you support Trump.  These are entirely mutually exclusive things at this point.  You are free to support Russia and Trump simultaneously though, which I'm sure you already do.
NYSforKennedy2024
Kander2020
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #2884 on: January 07, 2021, 08:54:10 PM »

The Blue avatars don't seem to get one really simple fact: You either support America or you support Trump.  These are entirely mutually exclusive things at this point.  You are free to support Russia and Trump simultaneously though, which I'm sure you already do.
Damocles
Sword of Damocles
United States

« Reply #2885 on: January 07, 2021, 08:55:52 PM »

So how recently has Trump gargled Putin’s salty nutsack?
TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #2886 on: January 07, 2021, 08:57:59 PM »

The Blue avatars don't seem to get one really simple fact: You either support America or you support Trump.  These are entirely mutually exclusive things at this point.  You are free to support Russia and Trump simultaneously though, which I'm sure you already do.
Trumpists don't really support Russia more than they support America, so this is a false dichtonomy. In fact, many Trumpists are anti-Russian hawks who will in fact point to the sanctions against Russia Trump signed as a good thing.
This "Trump loves Putin" meme never really made sense.
Indy Texas
independentTX
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.52, S: -3.48

« Reply #2887 on: January 07, 2021, 08:58:57 PM »

They really think the world was "laughing at us" when Obama was president and that now they "respect us" with him as president.

In reality, we were respected when Obama was president and they've been laughing at us since 2017.
brucejoel99
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -3.30

« Reply #2888 on: January 07, 2021, 09:00:03 PM »

Rules for me, but not for thee
Dabeav
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 2.19, S: -5.39

« Reply #2889 on: January 07, 2021, 09:00:06 PM »

Non Swing Voter
Junior Chimp

« Reply #2890 on: January 07, 2021, 09:00:40 PM »

The Blue avatars don't seem to get one really simple fact: You either support America or you support Trump.  These are entirely mutually exclusive things at this point.  You are free to support Russia and Trump simultaneously though, which I'm sure you already do.
Trumpists don't really support Russia more than they support America, so this is a false dichtonomy. In fact, many Trumpists are anti-Russian hawks who will in fact point to the sanctions against Russia Trump signed as a good thing.

You are confusing standard republican warmongers (Liz Cheney, Marco Rubio) with pathetic no self dignity Trumpist clowns (Rand Paul, Ron Johnson).  
KaiserDave
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.81, S: -5.39

P

« Reply #2891 on: January 07, 2021, 09:01:33 PM »

DING DONG
TheReckoning
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #2892 on: January 07, 2021, 09:02:52 PM »

Meanwhile half of the Republican Party approves of the riots, and their conspiracy theory was validated by a majority of the Republican House caucus just hours after the attack!

To be fair, pretty much every Republican has condemned the violence, just as how establishment Dems condemned BLM riots.
KaiserDave
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.81, S: -5.39

P

« Reply #2893 on: January 07, 2021, 09:03:39 PM »

Meanwhile half of the Republican Party approves of the riots, and their conspiracy theory was validated by a majority of the Republican House caucus just hours after the attack!

To be fair, pretty much every Republican has condemned the violence, just as how establishment Dems condemned BLM riots.

Mo Brooks and Paul Gosar beg to differ
GeorgiaModerate
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #2894 on: January 07, 2021, 09:03:48 PM »

DING DONG

TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #2895 on: January 07, 2021, 09:04:09 PM »

You are confusing standard republican warmongers (Liz Cheney, Marco Rubio) with pathetic no self dignity Trumpist clowns (Rand Paul, Ron Johnson). 
Even taking into account these differences, you don't get any closer to the truth. You don't get any closer to proving me wrong.
Brittain33
brittain33
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #2896 on: January 07, 2021, 09:04:16 PM »

All these profiles in courage bailing to avoid the 25th amendment decision and blaming the violence.
Non Swing Voter
Junior Chimp

« Reply #2897 on: January 07, 2021, 09:04:43 PM »

To quote a cult member who was interviewed yesterday: "Well we know he [they] has to say that but we know he [they] supports us"
John Dule
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 6.57, S: -7.50

P P P
« Reply #2898 on: January 07, 2021, 09:04:44 PM »

Zip it, fascist. Nobody wants to hear it.

There are only two things I am willing to hear from Trump supporters right now.

1) "I am sorry. My vote aided and abetted an attempt at a fascist coup in the United States. I will now live the rest of my life attempting to atone for what I have done."

2) "I am clearly a terrible judge of character. Democrats, please educate me. How did you know the warning signs of Trump's narcissistic, dictatorial personality before I did? Before I ever cast another vote, I should learn how to watch for these things."

Anything else is either apologism, whataboutism, or genuine fascism.
GeorgiaModerate
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #2899 on: January 07, 2021, 09:05:19 PM »

Pages: 1 ... 111 112 113 114 115 [116] 117 118 119 120 121 ... 197  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies