Joe Biden 2020 campaign megathread v3 (pg 45 - mass-dropout aftermath)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 18, 2024, 01:40:52 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  Joe Biden 2020 campaign megathread v3 (pg 45 - mass-dropout aftermath)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 48 49 50 51 52 [53] 54 55 56 57 58
Author Topic: Joe Biden 2020 campaign megathread v3 (pg 45 - mass-dropout aftermath)  (Read 92630 times)
Rookie Yinzer
RFKFan68
Junior Chimp
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1300 on: March 04, 2020, 12:54:16 PM »

Biden and Harris would be a lethal combination against Trump in the suburbs.

I hope that’s what’s holding up her endorsement. I’m ready to go on a shopping spree in Biden’s website once that’s announced. Smiley

I'm honestly not sure if Kamala would be the best choice. Many progressives don't like her, she doesn't have a clear base of support that might otherwise sit out, and it just seems too inevitable. I think a Yang pick might be risky, but it has the potential to pay off greatly

Harris would turbocharge black turnout, IMO, and also help even *more* in the suburbs than he would likely already do. Progressives are already going to be mad about Biden anyway, so if they're not voting for Joe or staying out, I don't think Harris will effect it one way or the other
Yes it would be Clinton/Gore-esque in doubling down on the Black base and making further inroads in rapidly diversifying suburbs across the country (particularly in the Sun Belt where we have 5 battleground Senate races across 4 states).

Kamala would also be the perfect standard bearer if Joe decides to retire. Especially if DNC tosses IA and NH as the first contests. She would run away with the nomination and consolidate the party easily.
It's not just that you are a crook senator
MelihV
Rookie
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -4.65, S: -5.04

P P P
« Reply #1301 on: March 04, 2020, 12:56:28 PM »

congrats on winning the nomination
RI
realisticidealist
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: 2.61

« Reply #1302 on: March 04, 2020, 12:58:48 PM »

Harris would be a divisive pick. I'd go with Duckworth myself.
Dr. Arch
Arch
Atlas Icon
Puerto Rico

« Reply #1303 on: March 04, 2020, 01:07:50 PM »

+1. Duckworth or Baldwin.
CellarDoor
United States

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

« Reply #1304 on: March 04, 2020, 01:09:37 PM »

I'm very much in the Val Demings for VP camp if Joe ends up winning the primary.
Xing
xingkerui
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.52, S: -3.91

P P P
« Reply #1305 on: March 04, 2020, 01:09:49 PM »

Duckworth would be a better choice, IMO. Harris wouldn't really expand Biden's appeal at all. In a perfect world, I'd love Baldwin or Brown as his VP pick, but I get that doing this would either severely risk a Senate seat in one case and hand one directly to the Republicans in another case.
RussFeingoldWasRobbed
Progress96
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -8.65, S: -6.26

« Reply #1306 on: March 04, 2020, 01:21:00 PM »

Duckworth would be a better choice, IMO. Harris wouldn't really expand Biden's appeal at all. In a perfect world, I'd love Baldwin or Brown as his VP pick, but I get that doing this would either severely risk a Senate seat in one case and hand one directly to the Republicans in another case.
Harris would make him look like a fraud
GeneralMacArthur
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1307 on: March 04, 2020, 01:24:50 PM »

I've advocated for Duckworth for a while and really think she's the right choice.  She's very smart and has charisma, a very inspiring story, and her military background could help the Democrats permanently win the military/foreign policy debate that they struggled with under Bush.  National security voters want an inspiring veteran in the White House, not a dangerous clown.
Arizona Iced Tea
Minute Maid Juice
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1308 on: March 04, 2020, 02:31:58 PM »

He should pick Sanders for VP, unite the party and win over the Bernie Bros.
President Johnson
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -4.70

« Reply #1309 on: March 04, 2020, 02:36:54 PM »

I've said it all along, Nanette Barragan is a perfect match for the second spot. She's in her 40s, latina and progressive. Not too far left, but progressive. And as Hispanic, she can help Uncle Joe with this critical voting block. The primary showed that he needs to create more excitement among latinos and she might be a good match to do just that.
Illini Moderate
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.58, S: -4.00

« Reply #1310 on: March 04, 2020, 02:37:08 PM »

You can't have a 78 and 77 year old white man on the same ticket. In any party. It's just not exciting and it looks terrible
Arizona Iced Tea
Minute Maid Juice
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1311 on: March 04, 2020, 02:46:23 PM »

You can't have a 78 and 77 year old white man on the same ticket. In any party. It's just not exciting and it looks terrible
Bernie is exciting though.
Omega21

« Reply #1312 on: March 04, 2020, 02:50:08 PM »

Bernie is exciting though.

All Biden voters created equal by the, you know the thing.
heatcharger
Junior Chimp
Sweden

Political Matrix
E: -1.04, S: -0.24

« Reply #1313 on: March 04, 2020, 02:50:49 PM »

I’m now realizing we’re in a phase of the campaign where Biden can fall into a number of land mines. Do not pick Kamala Harris — she has so many obvious skeletons and we all know it. Stacey Abrams and whoever the hell this Barragan person is are ultimate identity politics picks. Duckworth as a veteran and senator is a pick that can stand on the merit as much as these things can be.

Beto needs to be more or less shelved. I really like the guy, but the Biden campaign needs to be cognizant of who and what is politically toxic to persuadable groups. I have some confidence they will but not overwhelmingly.
CookieDamage
cookiedamage
YaBB God

« Reply #1314 on: March 04, 2020, 02:53:14 PM »

Biden/Gillibrand? Biden/Ayanna Pressley? Biden/Harris?
President Johnson
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -4.70

« Reply #1315 on: March 04, 2020, 02:55:14 PM »

This video clip is just amazing. Turn on the sound. The guy here really sounds like Obama:

Illini Moderate
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1316 on: March 04, 2020, 02:56:06 PM »

Biden/Gillibrand? Biden/Ayanna Pressley? Biden/Harris?

Definitely not the first two. Gillibrand adds absolutely ZERO appeal to any ticket, and Pressley has no experience. She has been a representative for barely over one year
Oryxslayer
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1317 on: March 04, 2020, 02:56:43 PM »

I’m now realizing we’re in a phase of the campaign where Biden can fall into a number of land mines. Do not pick Kamala Harris — she has so many obvious skeletons and we all know it. Stacey Abrams and whoever the hell this Barragan person is are ultimate identity politics picks. Duckworth as a veteran and senator is a pick that can stand on the merit as much as these things can be.

Beto needs to be more or less shelved. I really like the guy, but the Biden campaign needs to be cognizant of who and what is politically toxic to persuadable groups. I have some confidence they will but not overwhelmingly.

Every VP in the last hundred years has been decided by identity politics. Race and Gender are only recent additions to this dogma. Regional identities, factional identities, religious identities, cultural identities, ethnic identities, state identities - they are the keys to the VP slot. This applies to both parties.
Illini Moderate
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1318 on: March 04, 2020, 02:58:07 PM »

I actually agree with this completely. Abrams and Harris will not be exciting because they are so expected and clearly pandering. I think he needs one that can add excitement and that is vetted, but not the *safest* choice
heatcharger
Junior Chimp
Sweden

Political Matrix
E: -1.04, S: -0.24

« Reply #1319 on: March 04, 2020, 03:10:29 PM »
« Edited: March 04, 2020, 03:14:20 PM by heatcharger »

Every VP in the last hundred years has been decided by identity politics. Race and Gender are only recent additions to this dogma. Regional identities, factional identities, religious identities, cultural identities, ethnic identities, state identities - they are the keys to the VP slot. This applies to both parties.

Let me expand: Stacey Abrams was a State Senate Minority Leader and this "Nanette Barragan" person is an obscure congressman from an electorally irrelevant part of the country. Kamala Harris has similar problems and has her own set of character flaws. Meanwhile, Joe Biden has already been given a huge vote of confidence by black voters. The only reason they'd be picked is to feed into this toxic mindset of deserved representation.

Biden's VP pick seems unusually important. He is, indeed, an old man who should pick someone relatively young but also makes his candidacy appealing to more people who can be persuaded to support him. There are some people who fit this mold, but the names being floated right now just aren't.
CookieDamage
cookiedamage
YaBB God

« Reply #1320 on: March 04, 2020, 03:28:00 PM »

Let me expand: Stacey Abrams was a State Senate Minority Leader and this "Nanette Barragan" person is an obscure congressman from an electorally irrelevant part of the country. Kamala Harris has similar problems and has her own set of character flaws. Meanwhile, Joe Biden has already been given a huge vote of confidence by black voters. The only reason they'd be picked is to feed into this toxic mindset of deserved representation.

Biden's VP pick seems unusually important. He is, indeed, an old man who should pick someone relatively young but also makes his candidacy appealing to more people who can be persuaded to support him. There are some people who fit this mold, but the names being floated right now just aren't.

"toxic mindset of deserved representation" what??? I swear y'all anti-idpol people will say ANYTHING.
brucejoel99
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -3.30

« Reply #1321 on: March 04, 2020, 03:33:55 PM »

This video clip is just amazing. Turn on the sound. The guy here really sounds like Obama:

https://twitter.com/JoeBiden/status/1235052111358046208

You seriously never watched Key & Peele?
Vaccinated Russian Bear
Russian Bear
Junior Chimp
« Reply #1322 on: March 04, 2020, 03:43:00 PM »

Kick-ass Klob would be a superb choice, but it will be the identity-shmidentity politics choice I hope.
Vaccinated Russian Bear
Russian Bear
Junior Chimp
« Reply #1323 on: March 04, 2020, 03:44:32 PM »

https://twitter.com/JoeBiden/status/1235052111358046208

You seriously never watched Key & Peele?

He is from Deutschland!
brucejoel99
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -3.30

« Reply #1324 on: March 04, 2020, 03:56:26 PM »

Poor Joe Biden, is going the way of Jeb, he is gonna be another frontrunner,  who failed in primary. Sorry, Bruce, Bagel and Johnson, your candidate isnt gonna win. Coons and Markey are gonna lose too.

I remember the Fred Thompson candidacy of 2008, as well, went the way of Biden.

Bruce and Johnson doesnt post much since Biden isnt winning

lol
Pages: 1 ... 48 49 50 51 52 [53] 54 55 56 57 58  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies