Bernie Sanders 2020 campaign megathread (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 20, 2024, 08:37:47 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  Bernie Sanders 2020 campaign megathread (search mode)
Pages: [1] 2 3
Author Topic: Bernie Sanders 2020 campaign megathread  (Read 129041 times)
James Monroe

« on: January 25, 2019, 10:22:31 PM »

James Monroe

« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2019, 01:37:16 PM »

Watch out Bernard, the Resistance is going to throw your octogenarian ass into jail when the facts come out about your guy Devine.

James Monroe

« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2019, 08:15:50 PM »

Samders never even tried to make a convincing case for Clinton. He constantly repeated that he endorsed her only because Trump was much worse.
Not to mention that a few hours before election day he essentially  signaled to his voters that it's OK to vote for Trump by saying he doesn't believe that whoever votes for him is a racist.

That statement made me sick, I suspect Bernie really does bond with the racists who stormed the Trump rallies. He could never understand the struggles of POC as living in a lilly white state for over 40 something years. This twitter comment will come back to haunt him when Kamala and others start to unleash attacks on his campaign.
James Monroe

« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2019, 08:29:13 PM »

Samders never even tried to make a convincing case for Clinton. He constantly repeated that he endorsed her only because Trump was much worse.
Not to mention that a few hours before election day he essentially  signaled to his voters that it's OK to vote for Trump by saying he doesn't believe that whoever votes for him is a racist.

That statement made me sick, I suspect Bernie really does bond with the racists who stormed the Trump rallies. He could never understand the struggles of POC as living in a lilly white state for over 40 something years. This twitter comment will come back to haunt him when Kamala and others start to unleash attacks on his campaign.

Because if there was anyone in America circa 2016 who understood the struggles of POC, it was Hillary Clinton Roll Eyes

Hillary has resided in states with significant POC populations. In the years since moving towards Vermont Bernie has shown no signs of communicating the problems facing minorities.
James Monroe

« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2019, 08:36:45 PM »

Because if there was anyone in America circa 2016 who understood the struggles of POC, it was Hillary Clinton Roll Eyes

Hillary has resided in states with significant POC populations. In the years since moving towards Vermont Bernie has shown no signs of communicating the problems facing minorities.

Chappaqua, New York is whiter than Burlington, Vermont.

Near one of the most diverse cities in the entire world. More likely to meet up a POC on the streets during a visit then Bernie will during his vacation time Vermont.
James Monroe

« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2019, 07:35:42 PM »

James Monroe

« Reply #6 on: February 16, 2019, 09:29:30 PM »

Finally, a candidate white affluent hipsters can relate to.

Don't forget fraternities all over college campuses.
James Monroe

« Reply #7 on: February 20, 2019, 12:12:47 AM »

My reaction:

James Monroe

« Reply #8 on: February 20, 2019, 12:22:20 AM »

My reaction:

I’m not even sure what point they’re trying to make. Is there one?

Many women are afraid of the harassment that would come forward from the Bernie cult that refuses to die out the misogynist taunts  that's hurried  towards extremely brave women like Hillary Clinton or Kamala Harris. It's saddening when freedom of speech is repressed by an all powerful demographic  group that wants to cease any opposition to a candidate they support. In a nation like America this shouldn't be the case under our democracy. If this all erupted during metoo fiasco of the past few years the media would've been harder on Bernie to call out on his disgraceful supporters.

Bernie Sanders should address this important issue during the campaign trail or at least confessed it with an interviewer that wants his take on the Bernie Bro phenomenon.
James Monroe

« Reply #9 on: February 20, 2019, 01:10:46 PM »

Well, Klobuchar has a much lesser chance of becoming the nominee than Bernie, so endorsed for the time being. As for people complaining about their favourite candidates getting attacked: learn to deal with it, it's a primary, us Sanders supporters have been plenty criticised as well.

The subset of Sanders supporters I'd call BernieBros stand out in that they spend most of their time viciously attacking his primary opponents rather than say positive things about their own candidate. This undercuts opposition to Trump.

------------------------

This thread is more of a s***fest than I had even anticipated and then my expectations were already pretty low.

There's just as many people who do that only bashing Sanders instead if promoting their preferred candidate. Does Landslide Lyndon even have a candidate?

I spend just as much time promoting Kamala candidacy on this forum as I voraciously bashed Sanders.
James Monroe

« Reply #10 on: February 20, 2019, 03:32:50 PM »

I’m going to say right now if Bernie Sanders or Kamala Harris is the Democratic nominee I will enthusiastically back either candidate. But I believe strongly that Bernie is the only one who can bring about instituional change in our government and the way of doing things in our country, and I believe he can even reach out to many Republicans (and even some Trump voters) with that message, which contrary to what BRTD or others think isn’t a bad thing.

That makes no sense as Bernie is to the left of Harris.

I'd obviously vote for any Democrat in the general election too, including Bernie and Harris but I prefer Bernie because he is more progressive.

https://progressivepunch.org/scores.htm?house=senate
James Monroe

« Reply #11 on: March 02, 2019, 06:40:30 PM »

Bernie got owned!

James Monroe

« Reply #12 on: March 02, 2019, 07:31:43 PM »

James Monroe

« Reply #13 on: March 04, 2019, 03:15:14 PM »

Today Bernie filed for re-election...in 2024 as an Independent.

https://www.thedailybeast.com/bernie-sanders-files-fo-2024-re-election-to-senate

He also had a pretty rough time on a black radio show, stumbled a lot on reparations questions and other things.

Bernie didn't merit an passing of introducing renaming post office bills? Very sad!
James Monroe

« Reply #14 on: March 12, 2019, 06:56:26 PM »

James Monroe

« Reply #15 on: March 27, 2019, 02:33:07 PM »

2.400 in Houston and 3.000 in Atlanta were her best AFAIK.

Her announcement had something like 20,000, I beleive. More than Bernie’s

I must have missed the part were Oakland left California. Because that was my point to begin with, that she does draw in comparison mediocre crowds outside her home state. And seriously if Bernie gets 75% of the crowd size she had at her first rally in her home state that wouldn't be something I would brag about if I was a Harris supporter.

They brag about polls where she’s in single digits... what do you expect?  Talk about a personality cult!

Let's talk when us fans of Senator Harris turn around and vote for Trump or the Green Party.
James Monroe

« Reply #16 on: April 03, 2019, 03:51:20 PM »

James Monroe

« Reply #17 on: April 03, 2019, 04:33:13 PM »

Fox is propaganda, but it's not more propaganda than MSNBC.

MSNBC has conservative pundits on their shows.

Fox doesn't have any notable liberals on their shows.
James Monroe

« Reply #18 on: April 03, 2019, 06:41:52 PM »

Sanders to do a town hall event on Fox News Channel on April 15th:

https://apnews.com/5293e120a4904736b2a51d01cdbb08f8

Fox News Channel says Bernie Sanders will appear on the network for a town hall event on April 15, the first Democrat to venture onto Fox for this type of an event in the current presidential campaign cycle.

Bret Baier and Martha MacCallum will co-anchor the town hall, which will be held in Bethlehem, Pennsylvania. It will focus on the economy and jobs.

Good for him. Bernie continues to impress.

Of course you'll say that. You are a Republican.  Try speaking to a member of the base and sympathize our anger at him for pandering to racist Trump voters. I guess everyone didn't listen when I made the assumption of Bernie modeling Trump's coalition and platform of 2016.

James Monroe

« Reply #19 on: April 07, 2019, 11:38:02 AM »

I'm sorry, I "agree" with Bernie Sanders on almost everything, but I cannot stand him. The problem is that his supporters are absolutely hideous. At this point I'll even take Joe Biden over him.

His haters are far worse. See Landslide Lyndon, James Monroe and this moron:

The only terrible Bernie supporter is jfern so as awful as he is the anti-Bernie people are still way more numerically.

Michael Tracey is a Russian bot whose wants to dismantle the Resistance movement. No way in shape or form does he have anything in common with me or Lyndon.
James Monroe

« Reply #20 on: April 12, 2019, 03:05:03 PM »

James Monroe

« Reply #21 on: April 13, 2019, 11:42:23 AM »

Major hypocrisy for the fake populist. Now a living millionaire whose representing well to do leftists in Williamsburg.
James Monroe

« Reply #22 on: April 15, 2019, 07:57:41 PM »

James Monroe

« Reply #23 on: April 25, 2019, 03:59:25 PM »

Quote from: Washington Post
HOUSTON — The groans erupted halfway through Bernie Sanders’s appearance Wednesday at a presidential candidates’ forum sponsored by She the People, a group that aims to drive up voter participation among women of color.

Before an audience of about 1,700, many of them African American and Hispanic women, the moderator asked Sanders (I-Vt.) how he would handle the rise in white supremacy. Sanders spoke of fighting discrimination and running a campaign “to bring our people together around an agenda that speaks to all people” — then returned to a familiar message on universal health care.

For many in the audience, that was insufficient. “Come on!” a woman shouted from the back, as others began to jeer and boo.

The reception reflected Sanders’s struggle to win support from minority voters, a problem that dogged his 2016 primary campaign against Hillary Clinton. Sanders has taken steps since to improve his outreach, including meeting with black leaders and talking more frequently about the difficulties facing minorities, but Wednesday’s event suggested the senator still faces challenges.

James Monroe

« Reply #24 on: April 25, 2019, 04:24:08 PM »

Sanders still clueless or playing dumb and cowardly on the reality of racial divides in this country.

Bernie has lived in a white bubble for millions of years. He does not get POC and it shows that he'll never earn the vote of this community.
Pages: [1] 2 3  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies