Bernie Sanders 2020 campaign megathread
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 01:44:32 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  Bernie Sanders 2020 campaign megathread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 22 23 24 [25] 26 27 28 29 30 ... 77
Author Topic: Bernie Sanders 2020 campaign megathread  (Read 127966 times)
Dr Oz Lost Party!
PittsburghSteel
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #600 on: February 20, 2019, 12:35:24 AM »

Many women are afraid of the harassment that would come forward from the Bernie cult that refuses to die out the misogynist taunts  that's hurried  towards extremely brave women like Hillary Clinton or Kamala Harris

Gonna stop you right there

Nothing to stop for. He's right.
Big Abraham
Junior Chimp
« Reply #601 on: February 20, 2019, 12:42:47 AM »

Many women are afraid of the harassment that would come forward from the Bernie cult that refuses to die out the misogynist taunts  that's hurried  towards extremely brave women like Hillary Clinton or Kamala Harris

Was Hillary an "extremely brave woman" when she illegally overthrew the democratically-elected government in Honduras?

And people wonder why no one takes feminism seriously.
Technocracy Timmy
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #602 on: February 20, 2019, 12:51:48 AM »

2020 is the year of the marginalized. An old white man just won’t cut it.

Uh... Jews don't count as marginalized?!?!?

Bernie Sanders doesn’t understand what it’s like to be poor since he’s white.

He said so himself.
RaphaelDLG
YaBB God
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #603 on: February 20, 2019, 12:52:46 AM »

Was Hillary an "extremely brave woman" when she illegally overthrew the democratically-elected government in Honduras?

You forgot to mention also the time when she destroyed the lives of women who had made credible rape and sexual assault allegations against her husband

Which i say as someone who had zero qualms voting for her.
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #604 on: February 20, 2019, 01:01:54 AM »

You forgot to mention also the time when she destroyed the lives of women who had made credible rape and sexual assault allegations against her husband

An actually valid criticism too, as it's something she was actually responsible for, unlike the coup in Honduras.
Insomnian
Rookie

Political Matrix
E: -3.10, S: -1.40

« Reply #605 on: February 20, 2019, 01:06:18 AM »

This is a very good launch. I will probably be voting Sanders in the primary.
Big Abraham
Junior Chimp
« Reply #606 on: February 20, 2019, 01:18:28 AM »

An actually valid criticism too, as it's something she was actually responsible for, unlike the coup in Honduras.

She literally admitted to it.
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #607 on: February 20, 2019, 01:26:47 AM »

That's talking about restoring order in Honduras, not directing the Honduran military to oust the President. Because the Honduran military did that entirely on its own and was condemned by the US.
Dillon
Rookie
United States

« Reply #608 on: February 20, 2019, 01:33:40 AM »

https://www.google.com/amp/s/m.huffpost.com/us/entry/us_5c6ca60ce4b0f40774c9d778/amp
I don't think the Primary will be close.
Chief Justice Keef
etr906
United States

« Reply #609 on: February 20, 2019, 01:43:27 AM »

Bernie winning will make all the worst people on this site mad, which I'm down for.
Proto
Estonia
« Reply #610 on: February 20, 2019, 01:48:09 AM »

Sanders has no future, he is an old wreck who will have to drop out in 5 months endorsing Gabbard.
Scrumtrulescent
Rookie

« Reply #611 on: February 20, 2019, 01:52:49 AM »

Many women are afraid of the harassment that would come forward from the Bernie cult that refuses to die out the misogynist taunts  that's hurried  towards extremely brave women like Hillary Clinton or Kamala Harris. It's saddening when freedom of speech is repressed by an all powerful demographic  group that wants to cease any opposition to a candidate they support. In a nation like America this shouldn't be the case under our democracy. If this all erupted during metoo fiasco of the past few years the media would've been harder on Bernie to call out on his disgraceful supporters.

Bernie Sanders should address this important issue during the campaign trail or at least confessed it with an interviewer that wants his take on the Bernie Bro phenomenon.

So basically, no true feminist should support Bernie because his campaign will be mean to Kamala Harris?
Big Abraham
Junior Chimp
« Reply #612 on: February 20, 2019, 02:11:01 AM »

That's talking about restoring order in Honduras, not directing the Honduran military to oust the President. Because the Honduran military did that entirely on its own and was condemned by the US.

She's admitting that she used the power of her office to make sure that Zelaya would not return to office, even though the UN General Assembly demanded his return, since that Zelaya was the legitimately elected leader of Honduras. Zelaya had become too friendly with Chávez for the liking of the United States, and of course the U.S. of course has strategic interests there (one of the largest American military bases is in Honduras), and so Secretary Clinton thought it prudent to deny his return.

And if that's not enough evidence for you that she bears responsibility for the regime change, she also authorised the State Department to spend over $26 million on a propaganda programme aimed at encouraging sham alliances between Honduran community groups and local security forces. This had the effect of militarising American policy in Honduras and was part of a larger effort to support the conservative government of Lobo. And while you absurdly claim the United States opposed the coup, the fact is that Obama and his administration was unequivocal in his support for Lobo (something he was almost entirely alone on the world stage for), who was established under the coup regime.

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Thanks Obama.

Hillary also defended the coup in practice; it was under her direction that the United States specifically refused to recognise it as a coup, given that it would have obliged the U.S. to cut off most foreign aid to Honduras, which equalled about $50 million per annum. Instead, the U.S. provided about $200 million in military and police aid to Honduras under her tenure as State Secretary, which is appalling considering the extensive human rights violations there.

Anyway, I've said enough. She clearly had a hand in the regime change in Honduras, which you would have known if you had decided to take off your partisan spectacles.
No War, but the War on Christmas
iBizzBee
Junior Chimp

« Reply #613 on: February 20, 2019, 02:12:38 AM »

Neoliberals when Kamala raises 1.5 million in 24 hours: Wow! The momentum! This is historic and she’s the obvious front runner now!

Neoliberals when Bernie raises 4 million in 12 hours: -Shrug- Meh, money doesn’t matter, Bernie is DOA and won’t even win a single state!
TWTown
GhostOfHuey
United States

« Reply #614 on: February 20, 2019, 02:22:22 AM »

This is good and the earlier he can raise money is the earlier he can set up the infrastructure needed to sustain his campaign.
SInNYC

« Reply #615 on: February 20, 2019, 02:23:08 AM »
« Edited: February 20, 2019, 10:03:24 AM by SInNYC »

Daily Kos comment section was brutal on Bernie, apparently they don't want an "old white man".

You mean the same forum that endorsed Hillary Clinton in 2016? Who would've thought

Also the same forum that endorsed Hillary in 2016 and kicked out some Bernie supporters and self-deported a huge chunk of Bernie supporters.
Reluctant Republican

« Reply #616 on: February 20, 2019, 02:25:33 AM »

While I caution against putting too much importance on money being raised (we all may remember the Moneybombs Ron Paul had. He raised 10 million or so in one day) I think at the very least this shows Sanders will not be the afterthought much of the media seemed to believe he was going to be in this race. Also, he's much closer to the median Democratic voter than Paul was to the 2008/12 GOPer, and he'd already had a lot more success than RP had in either of his runs.
bilaps
« Reply #617 on: February 20, 2019, 05:33:09 AM »

You saying he's right exactly proves he's wrong.
Farmlands
Portugal

Political Matrix
E: 0.77, S: -0.14

« Reply #618 on: February 20, 2019, 08:27:54 AM »

Well, Klobuchar has a much lesser chance of becoming the nominee than Bernie, so endorsed for the time being. As for people complaining about their favourite candidates getting attacked: learn to deal with it, it's a primary, us Sanders supporters have been plenty criticised as well.
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: -0.70

« Reply #619 on: February 20, 2019, 08:33:29 AM »

Well, Klobuchar has a much lesser chance of becoming the nominee than Bernie, so endorsed for the time being. As for people complaining about their favourite candidates getting attacked: learn to deal with it, it's a primary, us Sanders supporters have been plenty criticised as well.

The subset of Sanders supporters I'd call BernieBros stand out in that they spend most of their time viciously attacking his primary opponents rather than say positive things about their own candidate. This undercuts opposition to Trump.

------------------------

This thread is more of a s***fest than I had even anticipated and then my expectations were already pretty low.
gottsu
Poland

« Reply #620 on: February 20, 2019, 09:27:30 AM »

I have to be honest - 4 millions in 12 hours and 5,4 millions views on twitter are really huge. Bernie still has the potential, but is that real potential, or potential artificially pumped by Bernie Bros.
GoTfan
GoTfan21
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #621 on: February 20, 2019, 09:28:30 AM »

My reaction:

I’m not even sure what point they’re trying to make. Is there one?

Many women are afraid of the harassment that would come forward from the Bernie cult that refuses to die out the misogynist taunts  that's hurried  towards extremely brave women like Hillary Clinton or Kamala Harris. It's saddening when freedom of speech is repressed by an all powerful demographic  group that wants to cease any opposition to a candidate they support. In a nation like America this shouldn't be the case under our democracy. If this all erupted during metoo fiasco of the past few years the media would've been harder on Bernie to call out on his disgraceful supporters.

Bernie Sanders should address this important issue during the campaign trail or at least confessed it with an interviewer that wants his take on the Bernie Bro phenomenon.

Well to be honest, every criticism about someone like Kamala Harris has been largely legitimate and with evidence. Yet, the response is invariably one of these:

"Doesn't matter."
"No one cares."
"It's irrelevant."
"You're only saying this because She's a woman/black/a black woman"
"You're racist/sexist."
"You hate women/blacks"

The amount of times I've been called racist or sexist on here for criticising the Anointed One borders on ridiculous, as does the fact that you froth at the mouth everyone someone dares breathe Sanders' name.
Comrade Funk
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.16, S: -5.91

P P P

« Reply #622 on: February 20, 2019, 09:33:38 AM »

My reaction:

Many women are afraid of the harassment that would come forward from the Bernie cult that refuses to die out the misogynist taunts  that's hurried  towards extremely brave women like Hillary Clinton or Kamala Harris. It's saddening when freedom of speech is repressed by an all powerful demographic  group that wants to cease any opposition to a candidate they support. In a nation like America this shouldn't be the case under our democracy. If this all erupted during metoo fiasco of the past few years the media would've been harder on Bernie to call out on his disgraceful supporters.

Well to be honest, every criticism about someone like Kamala Harris has been largely legitimate and with evidence. Yet, the response is invariably one of these:

"Doesn't matter."
"No one cares."
"It's irrelevant."
"You're racist/sexist."
"You hate women/blacks"

The amount of times I've been called racist or sexist on here for criticising the Anointed One borders on ridiculous, as does the fact that you froth at the mouth everyone someone dares breathe Sanders' name.
Nice straw man.
Jags
Rookie

« Reply #623 on: February 20, 2019, 09:38:10 AM »

My reaction:

This is the same type of delusion as the “liberal coffee shop” trump guy.
GoTfan
GoTfan21
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #624 on: February 20, 2019, 09:39:14 AM »

My reaction:

"Doesn't matter."
"No one cares."
"It's irrelevant."
"You're racist/sexist."
"You hate women/blacks"

Nice straw man.

But true regardless.

There are more than a few people on this site who criticise Harris, and it's pretty heavily implied by a lot of posters that anyone who does criticise her is a disgusting racist/sexist/racist and sexist. It's worse if that person  happens to be a Sanders supporter, in which case they're openly written off as someone with a pathological hatred of anyone who's not a white male.
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 22 23 24 [25] 26 27 28 29 30 ... 77  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies