1 Payer Megathread - Sanders discusses on MTP - Likely to run as Indy in 2018
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 18, 2024, 03:33:51 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  1 Payer Megathread - Sanders discusses on MTP - Likely to run as Indy in 2018
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 [8]
Author Topic: 1 Payer Megathread - Sanders discusses on MTP - Likely to run as Indy in 2018  (Read 12961 times)
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #175 on: September 22, 2017, 04:46:53 PM »

Sanders/Warren/Merkely should co-sponsor the medicare at 55 bill. Better than what we have currently and would help unite the party.

Medicare for Boomers < Medicare for All though.

This.
Also, I think it's very hypoctiyical for Sanders to run as an independent again. The Democratic party clearly embraced him and many of hid views, with so many Democrats notably supporting single-payer healthcare. Let him join them if he wants to have his influence.

The Democratic party told progressives to go f**k themselves.

By embracing many of their positions, but not absolutely succumbing to everything and purging everyone who disagrees? How cruel.

89% of Senate Democrats just voted for a large increase to the military and there was crickets from the people who criticized Bernie's ideas for being too expensive.
America Needs R'hllor
Parrotguy
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix
E: -4.13, S: -3.48

« Reply #176 on: September 22, 2017, 06:04:19 PM »

Sanders/Warren/Merkely should co-sponsor the medicare at 55 bill. Better than what we have currently and would help unite the party.

This.
Also, I think it's very hypoctiyical for Sanders to run as an independent again. The Democratic party clearly embraced him and many of hid views, with so many Democrats notably supporting single-payer healthcare. Let him join them if he wants to have his influence.

By embracing many of their positions, but not absolutely succumbing to everything and purging everyone who disagrees? How cruel.

89% of Senate Democrats just voted for a large increase to the military and there was crickets from the people who criticized Bernie's ideas for being too expensive.

Yes, not all Democrats are 100% Bernie clones. It still doesn't change the fact that he's way in the Democratic mainstream and running again as an independent, while still wanting to have strong influence in the party, is imo trying to eat the cake and keep it whole.
TheLeftwardTide
« Reply #177 on: September 25, 2017, 05:10:50 PM »

Cuomo backs federal single-payer health care system — and even says he’d approve it on a state level

ALBANY — Gov. Cuomo on Monday became the latest potential 2020 presidential candidate to come out in support of a federal single-payer health care system. "I think that would be a good idea," Cuomo said when asked about the issue on WNYC public radio "Brian Lehrer Show," because he fears the Republican attempts to repeal and replace Obamacare are far from over.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/politics/cuomo-backs-federal-single-payer-health-care-system-article-1.3504271

The Sanderization of the party continues

How do they plan to pass this bill through a GOP congress? Has it been scored by the CBO yet? Hmmm...

Can you come up with a different line already?

Can you leave American politics to Americans already?

Again, people like to throw that line out when they lose an argument.

Again, Australians like you throw that line out when you don't have an argument to make.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ad_hominem
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #178 on: September 25, 2017, 05:58:24 PM »

This.

Yes, not all Democrats are 100% Bernie clones. It still doesn't change the fact that he's way in the Democratic mainstream and running again as an independent, while still wanting to have strong influence in the party, is imo trying to eat the cake and keep it whole.

No he's really not in the mainstream of Senate Democrats. 100% of Senate Democrats voted for sanctions on Iran.
Don Vito Corleone
bruhgmger2
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -5.91

« Reply #179 on: September 25, 2017, 06:22:58 PM »

The majority of Senate Democrats didn't even support this. The 2020 prospects are just trying to look more progressive. Even if this is implemented it will be with heavy restructuring. Bernie has not "won" anything.
Depends on which 2020 contender you're talking about. Booker, for example, I think is just trying to look more progressive. But I really believe that Gilibrand and Harris both do really believe in this.
Don Vito Corleone
bruhgmger2
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -5.91

« Reply #180 on: September 25, 2017, 06:27:53 PM »

Cuomo backs federal single-payer health care system — and even says he’d approve it on a state level

ALBANY — Gov. Cuomo on Monday became the latest potential 2020 presidential candidate to come out in support of a federal single-payer health care system. "I think that would be a good idea," Cuomo said when asked about the issue on WNYC public radio "Brian Lehrer Show," because he fears the Republican attempts to repeal and replace Obamacare are far from over.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/politics/cuomo-backs-federal-single-payer-health-care-system-article-1.3504271

I love that Democrats are embracing a universal health care system (How couldn't I, having a picture of both Russ Feingold and LBJ in my signature?). But can we please call this embracing something other than Sanderization? I can't stand that term.
GlobeSoc
The walrus

« Reply #181 on: September 25, 2017, 07:03:18 PM »

I love that Democrats are embracing a universal health care system (How couldn't I, having a picture of both Russ Feingold and LBJ in my signature?). But can we please call this embracing something other than Sanderization? I can't stand that term.

S A N D E R I Z A T I O N
publicunofficial
angryGreatness
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #182 on: September 26, 2017, 11:27:57 AM »

Get Sanderized, bish
ProgressiveCanadian
YaBB God
Canada

« Reply #183 on: September 26, 2017, 02:52:24 PM »

Aweee, are all the right wing dems on here sad that your party is embracing single payer? Poor muffins
The Other Castro
Castro2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #184 on: September 26, 2017, 03:12:02 PM »

Aweee, are all the right wing dems on here sad that your party is embracing single payer? Poor muffins

There are legitimate cases to be made that reform is best in incremental steps rather than massive transformations.
publicunofficial
angryGreatness
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #185 on: September 26, 2017, 03:36:21 PM »

There are legitimate cases to be made that reform is best in incremental steps rather than massive transformations.

Incremental change in most cases means "Pass a half-assed compromise bill now, and then promise to pass a stronger version at some point in the future AKA never" in Congress-speak.
Kamala
Madagascar

« Reply #186 on: September 26, 2017, 03:53:13 PM »

Single-payer is a just a half-assed, incremental step instead of just abolishing capitalism altogether.

(I support single-payer, by the way. Don’t @ me.)
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 [8]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies