Israel-Gaza war
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 20, 2024, 03:13:30 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  International General Discussion (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  Israel-Gaza war
« previous next »
Thread note
MODERATOR WARNING: Any kind of inappropriate posts, including support for indiscriminate killing of civilians, and severe personal attacks against other posters will not be tolerated.

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 ... 295
Author Topic: Israel-Gaza war  (Read 207738 times)
AtorBoltox

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #125 on: October 07, 2023, 09:17:28 AM »

If Ukraine is invaded by Russia, Ukrainians have the right to fight back
When my country was invaded by Germany (TWICE), we have the right to fight back.
When Armenia is invaded by Azerbaijan, Armenia has the right to fight back
The same applies to Palestine.
The country is occupied as of today.
This is self defence.

You just don't get it do you? Or at least, that's the charitable explanation.
Killing civilians is a bad thing. Why can't you condemn that?

Is it because the people being killed are Jewish?

The most important distinction one has to make.

Israeli is not the same as Jewish. You have to make that distinction. Many jewish people live outside Israel, sometimes even condemning Israel the same way I do. And a quarter of Israelis population is in fact Arab or another religion.

But I suppose you like the users who generalize and say all republicans are nazis as well.
"I don't support the mass murder of Jews, just of Israelis" isn't a distinction that makes you look better
KaiserDave
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.81, S: -5.39

P

« Reply #126 on: October 07, 2023, 09:19:45 AM »

Jaichind discovers the news cycle. Wow! Impressive!
Hindsight was 2020
Hindsight is 2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #127 on: October 07, 2023, 09:20:38 AM »

Stop bringing the Ukrainian war into this thread jaichind you vatnik piece of sh**
President Punxsutawney Phil
TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #128 on: October 07, 2023, 09:20:56 AM »

Austria is changing Ukraine flags to Israel.   I guess there can only be one "the current thing" at a time.

The optics of a German country standing with Hamas in this conflict being as awful as they are makes it very unsurprising that Austria would have done this.
AtorBoltox

« Reply #129 on: October 07, 2023, 09:22:23 AM »

When my country was invaded by Germany (TWICE), we have the right to fight back.
This is self defence.

The most important distinction one has to make.

Israeli is not the same as Jewish. You have to make that distinction. Many jewish people live outside Israel, sometimes even condemning Israel the same way I do. And a quarter of Israelis population is in fact Arab or another religion.

But I suppose you like the users who generalize and say all republicans are nazis as well.
"I don't support the mass murder of Jews, just of Israelis" isn't a distinction that makes you look better

I never said i support mass murder of Israelis.

You came into a thread about mass pogroms against Israelis to comment 'resistance is justified'
pppolitics
Junior Chimp

« Reply #130 on: October 07, 2023, 09:22:36 AM »

Is anyone else surprised that Israel has an alliance with the United States?

Israel has far more in common with Russia than the US.
Cashew
United States

« Reply #131 on: October 07, 2023, 09:23:59 AM »

Sigh, there is not really much to say that has not already been said in past episodes. I will get some hate from both sides for this, but I guess I will add that Palestinians are screwed no matter what at this point, none of the great powers care about settlement construction or will ever meaningfully pressure Israel into stopping the demolition of Palestinian homes, and the neighboring coutries only "care" so much as they can be used for propaganda purposes. In my opinion the wise course of action would have been for Gaza to extricate itself from the Palestinian cause and either get annexed by Egypt or exist as an independent state. It seems that Hamas upon recognizing this reality has instead decided to go out in a gruesome "blaze of glory"
MATTROSE94
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -6.43

P P P
« Reply #132 on: October 07, 2023, 09:26:29 AM »

Sigh, there is not really much to say that has not already been said in past episodes. I will get some hate from both sides for this, but I guess I will add that Palestinians are screwed no matter what at this point, none of the great powers care about settlement construction or will ever meaningfully pressure Israel into stopping the demolition of Palestinian homes, and the neighboring coutries only "care" so much as they can be used for propaganda purposes. In muly opinion the wise cours of action would have been for Gaza to extricate itself from the Palestinian cause and either get annexed by Egypt or exist as an independent state. It seems that Hamas upon recognizing this reality has instead decided to go out in a gruesome "blaze of glory"
Iran will rebuild Palestine after Israel is defeated.
LAKISYLVANIA
Lakigigar
Atlas Icon
Belgium

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -4.78

P P P
« Reply #133 on: October 07, 2023, 09:26:52 AM »

Sigh, there is not really much to say that has not already been said in past episodes. I will get some hate from both sides for this, but I guess I will add that Palestinians are screwed no matter what at this point, none of the great powers care about settlement construction or will ever meaningfully pressure Israel into stopping the demolition of Palestinian homes, and the neighboring coutries only "care" so much as they can be used for propaganda purposes. In muly opinion the wise cours of action would have been for Gaza to extricate itself from the Palestinian cause and either get annexed by Egypt or exist as an independent state. It seems that Hamas upon recognizing this reality has instead decided to go out in a gruesome "blaze of glory"

I don't hate you for saying that. It's the (sad) reality.
Excessive Hyperbole
Sunmerican Dream
Rookie
United States

« Reply #134 on: October 07, 2023, 09:27:56 AM »

I stand in unapologetic solidarity with the State of Israel. This was a ruthless and stunning attack on innocent people by a rabid terrorist organization.

I know that Israel will respond appropriately and make Hamas regret existing for this ghoulish assault of innocent lives.

Praying for my family and friends in Israel and also for anyone else who is in Israel/has family or friends in Israel.

bilaps
« Reply #135 on: October 07, 2023, 09:29:32 AM »

We still don't have information that Israelis have regained full control over settlements where Hamas and factions entered. I'm very surprised about weakness of Israeli army shown today.
No War, but the War on Christmas
iBizzBee
Junior Chimp

« Reply #136 on: October 07, 2023, 09:29:35 AM »

This is self defence.

So my post calling this out as reductionist was deleted, but Conservatopia gets to accuse others of literally wanting to kill people cause they're Jewish?

Bullsh**t.
AtorBoltox

« Reply #137 on: October 07, 2023, 09:32:42 AM »

This is self defence.

So my post calling this out as reductionist was deleted, but Conservatopia gets to accuse others of literally wanting to kill people cause they're Jewish?

Bullsh**t.
"reductionist" innocent people are being slaughtered, take the twitter leftist speak elsewhere
iBizzBee
Junior Chimp

« Reply #138 on: October 07, 2023, 09:34:39 AM »

This is self defence.

Bullsh**t.
"reductionist" innocent people are being slaughtered, take the twitter leftist speak elsewhere

Yes, innocent Israelis and Palestinians because of theological dogma. Many of these people don't give a crap about civilian lives or peace for the people living in that region. They just see Israel as a proxy chance to go beat-up some brown people and/or make their evangelical bible fantasies come true.

Say take your fake indignation somewhere else.
Hnv1
YaBB God

« Reply #139 on: October 07, 2023, 09:34:59 AM »

The IDF move four divisions to the Gaza theater. Cabinet authorized the IDF to begin ground assault at will
TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #140 on: October 07, 2023, 09:35:09 AM »

We still don't have information that Israelis have regained full control over settlements where Hamas and factions entered. I'm very surprised about weakness of Israeli army shown today.
Fog of war is in place and it will take time for things to settle.
I do agree a bit, tentatively, that the Israeli military might well be overrated in its capabilities. But we shall see.
Hash
Hashemite
Atlas Superstar
Colombia

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #141 on: October 07, 2023, 09:39:07 AM »

MODERATOR WARNING: I understand how this thread can quickly become heated and respect that different people have differing views and opinions on the matter. However, any kind of inappropriate posts, including support for indiscriminate killing of civilians, and severe personal attacks against other posters will not be tolerated. This thread has been cleaned up and several posts deleted, most without infraction. As much as reasonably possible, please keep discussion on-topic and respectful.

For making several extremely inappropriate posts cheering on indiscriminate killing of civilians, MATTROSE94 has been muted from this board from 24 hours.
Devout Centrist
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -99.99, S: -99.99

P P
« Reply #142 on: October 07, 2023, 09:39:12 AM »

There can never be a justification for murdering civilians. Never. Let’s pray this is resolved swiftly and Hamas ceases to function permanently.
iBizzBee
Junior Chimp

« Reply #143 on: October 07, 2023, 09:42:35 AM »
« Edited: October 07, 2023, 09:46:33 AM by Robespierre Did Nothing Wrong »

DavidB. liking this posts makes me lmao, but other than that you're right. And that's usually why this is a topic I don't engage often on until I saw him making death threats in different languages.

You are a hypocrite dude (DavidB). Other than that, I hope this conflict comes to an end soon /w as few casualties as possible. I feel like that's the minimum most rational people can agree on these days (hopefully).
AtorBoltox

« Reply #144 on: October 07, 2023, 09:43:04 AM »

MODERATOR WARNING: I understand how this thread can quickly become heated and respect that different people have differing views and opinions on the matter. However, any kind of inappropriate posts, including support for indiscriminate killing of civilians, and severe personal attacks against other posters will not be tolerated. This thread has been cleaned up and several posts deleted, most without infraction. As much as reasonably possible, please keep discussion on-topic and respectful.

For making several extremely inappropriate posts cheering on indiscriminate killing of civilians, MATTROSE94 has been muted from this board from 24 hours.

That's a remarkably lenient punishment for cheering on genocide
LAKISYLVANIA
Lakigigar
Atlas Icon
Belgium

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #145 on: October 07, 2023, 09:44:10 AM »

DavidB stated in a post, he wished for my death in my native language.
AtorBoltox

« Reply #146 on: October 07, 2023, 09:45:04 AM »

English is the main language of this forum but is posting in another actually against the rules?
LAKISYLVANIA
Lakigigar
Atlas Icon
Belgium

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #147 on: October 07, 2023, 09:45:35 AM »

English is the main language of this forum but is posting in another actually against the rules?

It's not the fact that he posted in dutch, it's what he posted in dutch that matters.

Translated in: "Your father should have used sexual protection. Would have been better for everyone".
iBizzBee
Junior Chimp

« Reply #148 on: October 07, 2023, 09:45:54 AM »

Uh? Yes. Anything against the rules in English should be against the rules in any language outside of drastic differences in interpretation of meaning. What sort of question is this?
TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #149 on: October 07, 2023, 09:45:57 AM »

No. But wishing someone death in another might be.
Of course, the post involved was deleted already.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 ... 295  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies