My timeline
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 18, 2024, 02:03:06 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Election What-ifs? (Moderator: Dereich)
  My timeline
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
Author Topic: My timeline  (Read 6368 times)
BushKerry04

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #75 on: May 17, 2024, 09:23:23 PM »

February 17, 2041:Oval Office & White House Tour
On February 17, two college friends of mine and their families visited Rachel and I for the first time. Paul O'Rourke and I met in an economics class we were in together during our freshman year, and had interesting debates about the topic. Like me, Paul commuted to college. In his case, he is originally from York, Pennsylvania. Upon graduation, he went back to York and joined his father's law firm. He's now a prominent real estate attorney in the community and is married with three children. Paul and his wife, Tricia, have been married about as long as Rachel and I. Rebecca Hoffman and I were both active in the Franklin & Marshall Democratic Club, and we struck up a friendship due to our similar politics. Originally from Highland Park, New Jersey, she relocated to Lancaster for college and still lives there to this day, where she owns a financial advisory practice along with her wife, Marla. Marla was Rachel's college roommate, and they met through Rachel and I. Paul and Rebecca have both been involved in my campaigns; Paul hosted phone banks for my state legislative campaigns and Rebecca helped raise money for all of my campaigns for State Senate, U.S. Senate, and President. Additionally, both hosted phone banks at their businesses during my U.S. Senate races and served on the Pennsylvania Finance Committee for the presidential campaign.

Rachel and I had the chance to show them our respective office's. I use the Resolute Desk, and the photos on the thin table behind me consist of a photo of my parents and I from my Bar Mitzvah, Rachel's and my wedding photo, Vice President Susan Rice swearing me in to the United States Senate in January 2031 with Rachel and my parents looking on, a photo of my dog and two cats, a photo of me with four of my Grandparents at my college graduation, and a photo with Paul, Rebecca, and I from our 10th college reunion. My oval office also consists of several portraits; on the walls aside from my desk include a portrait of George Washington at Valley Forge on the left, and a portrait of Rosa Parks with Martin Luther King Jr. on the right. Above the fireplace are five portraits; directly ahead of where I sit when at the Resolute desk is a portrait of Abraham Lincoln, on the top left is Thomas Jefferson, on the top right is Susan B. Anthony, on the bottom left is Jeannette Rankin, and on the bottom right is John Dickinson. I also have four busts in the oval office; Frederick Douglas, Theodore Roosevelt, Margaret Chase Smith, and Alice Paul.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies