My timeline
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 05:11:49 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Election What-ifs? (Moderator: Dereich)
  My timeline
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Author Topic: My timeline  (Read 5946 times)
BushKerry04

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: September 04, 2023, 06:36:30 PM »

March 1, 2040: Debate
Ahead of mini-Tuesday and Super Tuesday, Senator Gillibrand, Congressman Khanna, and I participated in a debate in Atlanta, GA. Here are some highlights:

Gillibrand: I think experience matters, and I believe that I have the experience to be President of the United States. All of us on this stage have served in Congress, the question is, who has taken a leadership role on the issues the next President will face here at home and abroad? I think this is an area where Senator Cohen and I differ. I have been chair of the foreign relations committee, made dozens of overseas trips, met with world leaders, and helped increase military readiness. Senator Cohen hasn't been involved in foreign policy issues. Here at home, I helped lower the cost of higher education and put technology in classrooms where the local tax base wasn't adequately supporting public education. I have a proposal that would create universal pre-K, give our schools the resources necessary to improve curriculums, and help special education teachers get advanced training. Senator Cohen has no record of accomplishing anything on education, and he's the only one of us who opposes student loan debt relief. Moreover, Senator Cohen was one of only two Democrats to oppose a resolution opposing vouchers. He didn't even vote to send a message opposing defunding public education. I sponsored that resolution and have said that if elected President, I will challenge any jurisdiction that reduces funding for public education in court.

Cohen: I do have a record of results when it comes to foreign policy. When we passed the Environmental Stewardship and Justice Act, we allocated $3 billion for international climate change mitigation programs. I have met with our allies in Mexico and Canada as part of a U.S. delegation focused on strengthening economic cooperation. I led the effort in the United States Senate to provide the largest increase in funding for our intelligence community in history. And I have traveled overseas on trade missions. Here at home, legislation I co-wrote increased funding for job training programs and special needs classrooms in public schools. As President, I will increase Pell Grants, increase teacher pay, and make sure we hire 100,000 new teachers. Over the past three years, this administration has forced us to fall behind on climate, economic development, and trade. I believe we must ensure America is strong, and I'll always support our military and veterans as I always have. But I believe that we should lead the world first and foremost by ensuring our economy works for everyone here at home. And I think we do best when we stay true to our values, which is why social justice has been such a focus in our campaign. If we fail to restore growth to our economy and advance our values, the rest of the world will doubt our commitment to freedom and equality.

Khanna: I think all of us in this presidential race has a record of standing up for what we believe in. What matters is, what do we stand for and how will we lead? I agree with Senator Cohen that in order to lead the world, we have to reach our full potential here at home. I am the only candidate in this race who has not voted for trade agreements that have led to outsourcing, the only candidate in this race who supports indexing the minimum wage to inflation, and the only candidate who has a plan to ensure universal access to higher education by asking the rich and the powerful to pay their fair share in taxes. If we don't advance the interests of our workers, we can't lead the world. So I agree experience matters, but what you believe in also matters. So, what makes me different than my friends up here? I named a few things, here are some more. My healthcare plan provides Medicare coverage to every single American without abolishing private insurance, my friends tweak the current system. We all agree that health care is a right, yet I'm the only one who will expand coverage to cover everyone. No more deductions or co-pays. Secondly, I am the only candidate who not only wants to forgive all student loan debt, I think we should provide borrowers who were forced to declare bankruptcy a refund to help them get back on their feet.

Moderator: Senator Cohen, you have made the economy a major focus of your campaign. President Vance stated during an interview last week that you never had an executive position in a company or government and therefore lack the experience to lead on the economy. Why is he wrong, in your opinion?

Cohen: I spent 18 years in the private sector working with a team to deliver for clients. We helped our company increase brand awareness, engage in community service, and deliver affordable insurance solutions for Main Street businesses and workers. I had the opportunity to learn about how businesses operate during this time. So I do have experience working in the real economy. In government, I have been at the forefront of economic policy. At the local level, I worked to encourage business formation in my hometown and county. In the United States Senate, I authored or sponsored some of the most consequential economic policies of the past 30 years. I met with countless business leaders, union members, economists, those in the non-profit world, and local elected officials in crafting these policies. I've had leadership positions in the private sector and government as it relates to the economy. While I was delivering a service, the President was throwing money around. I'd be happy to compare my record with anyone else's.   

Moderator: Why are you the strongest general election candidate?

Gillibrand: We Democrats must unite behind the candidate who best represents our party's rich diversity and appeal to independent voters. Of the three of us, I feel I am in the best position to unite all of our party's factions. At the same time, independent voters are looking for experienced leadership that can address the challenges of the moment. Senator Cohen talks about results, but he doesn't have the track record I have on foreign policy and he's too moderate for many progressives on economic policy. Senator Cohen opposes Medicare for all, indexing the minimum wage to inflation, and student loan debt forgiveness. For 33 years, I have been involved in every foreign policy issue, particularly over the past 8 years on the foreign relations committee. I've met with world leaders, negotiated with our allies, and worked with the Pentagon on military preparedness. Here at home, I've been a champion for our public schools, criminal justice reform, and defending the rights of all of our people. I am ready to lead America on day one, I'm ready to reclaim our leadership position in the world, make sure all of our schools are able to educate our students to compete in the economy of the 2040s, and I will finish the job getting comprehensive criminal justice reform done. After four years of amateur hour, Americans are ready for experience and integrity over failure and cronyism. 

Khanna: In order to win this election, we Democrats need a nominee who offers something different than conventional politics and vague promises of change with half measures. Our campaign is about bringing progressive change to Washington D.C. It's about finally getting healthcare access to every American, getting corporations to include workers in their success, encouraging immigration to America, making sure affordable housing is available across this country, making four-year college free, forgiving student loan debt, focusing on rehabilitation over mass incarceration, making trade fair for workers, and ending the electoral college so the person with the most votes gets to be elected President. Progressives have been ignored for far too long in the Democratic Party, and our campaign is about making sure we have a serious debate about advancing the interests of working Americans, not corporate greed. If we stand up for our values, we will win the next election because we'll motivate people across America to vote for us as opposed to just opposing the other side. In particular, we will win overwhelming support from young voters who are so important to our ability to win the general election.

Cohen: I am the only candidate in this race who has never trailed the President in a poll and the only one to have won three elections in a purple state, including winning 57% of the vote on the same day the President carried Pennsylvania. I did it by showing up everywhere, listening to everyone, offering solutions, and staying true to my values. I also did it by doing my job and getting results. I believe the way we Democrats win this election is to offer Americans a viable alternative to the failures of this administration. By speaking to our belief in freedom and equality for everyone, we can win a broad coalition of support. I know because I've done it before. I also believe that my experience, record, and vision offer a stark contrast with the President. In the private sector, I worked with Main Street, he worked with Wall Street. In government, I helped pass the Whitmer economic agenda that led to the creation of 15 million new jobs, his economic agenda has led to the highest unemployment in two decades. My agenda invests in our communities and businesses while putting money back into people's pockets, his agenda focuses on tax breaks for the wealthy.
BushKerry04

« Reply #26 on: September 08, 2023, 06:31:50 PM »

March 1, 2040: Strategy session
Rachel, Ying, Meghan, Amir, Nancy, Nicole, and I sat down on a bus ride to go over our new internal poll numbers and strategy moving forward. On March 23, seven states will be voting on "mini-Tuesday." On April 10, twenty states will do the same as part of the largest Super Tuesday ever. Our new poll had mostly good news, though not universally. Nationally, we surged after Michigan, and that momentum continued after our victories in Illinois and Colorado. However, my opponents are still competitive in terms of delegates. Nationally, I have 37% support, followed by 30% for Congressman Khanna and 28% for Senator Gillibrand. My strength seems to be most concentrated in the Midwest; I'm leading Khanna and Gillibrand 35%-23%-18% in Minnesota, 32%-22%-21% in Missouri, 33%-25%-21% in Wisconsin, and 39%-29%-20% in Ohio. In the western states, I'm running a distant second to Khanna but slightly ahead of Gillibrand. In the northeast, the race is up for grabs. I have a 40-point lead in Pennsylvania and an 8-point lead in New Jersey. In Vermont, Maine, and Massachusetts, the race is margin-of-error. In the South, I lead in every contest, but not by the margins in the Midwest. In Georgia, I have a 7-point lead, in North Carolina I'm ahead by 4 points, and in Virginia, I'm up by 3. Congressman Khanna leads by 5 points in West Virginia, Louisiana is margin-of-error, I'm ahead by 1% in Tennessee, and Senator Gillibrand is ahead by 1% in Oklahoma. In Texas, the race is tied. Diving deeper into the data, the only state where I would earn more than 70% of the delegates available would be my home state of Pennsylvania.

A debate amongst us began in terms of how much we should focus on Texas and California versus trying to get at least half the vote and 60% of the available delegates in the Midwest. Nationally, I have a 15-point advantage in the suburbs and a 4-point advantage. In some urban centers, my lead was a lot stronger; for example, in Atlanta, I lead by 17 points and in Milwaukee, I'm ahead by 14 points. But I'm running second in most western urban centers. In rural communities, there seem to be regional differences. In the south, rural areas are competitive. In the midwest, I seem to be running 2nd or 3rd in rural areas despite my strong overall lead in that region.

When all was said and done, we decided to focus on 4 mini-Tuesday states and half of the Super Tuesday states. On mini-Tuesday, we'd focus on running up our margins in states where I was leading (Virginia, New Jersey, and Minnesota) as well as Washington, where I trail Congressman Khanna but am competitive in the Spokane metropolitan area. Going into Super Tuesday, our goal was to run up our margins in the Midwest and compete in the South.

Following our conversation, my campaign released my public schedule, which is as follows:

March 2: California; Our plan in California was to get to 30% of the vote. In order to do so, we needed to do well in southern California, where I was polling better than in northern parts of the state. We conceded Congressman Khanna would easily win the state, we just wanted delegates. I'd do seven events there: a rally in San Deigo, a town hall meeting in Ramona, a visit to a manufacturing facility in Irvine, and a visit to Los Angeles consisting of a rally, meeting with civil rights leaders, dinner with grassroots supporters, and a late-night fundraiser.

March 3-4: Texas: Stops in San Antonio, Austin, Georgetown, Fort Worth, Plano, Hillsboro, Killeen, Denton, Sherman, and Durant

March 5-7: Ohio: Stops in Youngstown, Cleveland, Salem, Waynesburg, Cambridge, Lancaster, and Grove City. I would then travel to Columbus for campaign events, including a rally where I'll be endorsed by the Mayor and majority of the city council.

March 8-10: North Carolina: Stops in Rocky Mount, Wilson, Clayton, Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Charlotte, and Greensboro.

March 11-13: Minnesota: Stops in Rochester, St. Paul, Minneapolis, Brooklyn Park, Elk River, St. Cloud, and Princeton.

March 15-17: Virginia: Stops in Winchester, Fairfax Station, Arlington, Alexandria, Reston, Lorton, and Richmond.

March 18: South Dakota: Stops in Sioux Falls, Dell Rapids, Colman, and Bruce.

March 19: Missouri: Stops in Jefferson City, Columbia, Kansas City, St. Louis, Baldwin, Eureka, Crystal City, and Arnold.

March 20-22: New Jersey: Stops in Mahwah, Newark, Montclair, Morristown, Somerville, New Brunswick, Haddonfield, and Moorestown.

March 23: Pennsylvania: Stops in Scranton, Allentown, Philadelphia, West Chester, York, Lancaster, Harrisburg, and Newport.

March 24-26: Ohio: Stops in Columbus, Dublin, London, Springfield, Dayton, Cincinnati, Cleveland, and Mayfield Heights.

March 27-29: Wisconsin: Stops in Janesville, Evansville, Madison, Appleton, Jefferson, Milwaukee, and Port Washington.

March 30- April 2: Texas: stops in Dallas, Plano, Fairfield, Conroe, Houston, Pearland, Dickinson, and Galveston.

April 3-4: Massachusetts: Stops in Boston, Brookline, Ashland, Worcester, Springfield, Northampton, Pittsfield, and North Adams.

April 5-7: Georgia: Stops in Newnan, Atlanta, Sandy Springs, Marietta, Kennesaw, Alpharetta, Augusta, and Savannah

April 8-10: Ohio: Stops in Cleveland, Youngstown, Columbus, West Jefferson, Toledo, Cincinnati, and Middletown. Election night in Columbus.

BushKerry04

« Reply #27 on: September 09, 2023, 06:44:10 PM »

March 23, 2040: Mini-Tuesday

New Jersey: Cohen 47% Gillibrand 30% Khanna 22%
My best county: Mercer, Cohen 55% Gillibrand 23% Khanna 22%
My worst county: Sussex, Cohen 40% Gillibrand 32% Khanna 27%
Newark results: Cohen 50% Khanna 28% Gillibrand 21%
Jersey City results: Cohen 45% Khanna 30% Gillibrand 24%
Paterson results: Cohen 49% Gillibrand 25% Khanna 25%

Virginia: Cohen 42% Gillibrand 30% Khanna 27%
My best county: Loudon, Cohen 45% Gillibrand 30% Khanna 24%
My worst county: Grayson, Gillibrand 36% Khanna 34% Cohen 32%
Arlington results: Cohen 50% Gillibrand 30% Khanna 19%
Richmond results: Cohen 57% Gillibrand 23% Khanna 19%
Norfolk results: Cohen 40% Khanna 30% Gillibrand 29%

Minnesota: Cohen 51% Khanna 30% Gillibrand 18%
My best county: Hennepin, Cohen 60% Khanna 25% Gillibrand 14%
Worst county: Pope, Cohen 42% Khanna 35% Gillibrand 22%
St. Paul results: Cohen 45% Khanna 30% Gillibrand 24%
Minneapolis: Cohen 55% Khanna 25% Gillibrand 19%
Rochester: Cohen 42% Khanna 32% Gillibrand 25%

Montana: Cohen 36% Khanna 34% Gillibrand 32%
My best county: Lewis & Clark, Cohen 38% Khanna 32% Gillibrand 29%
My worst county: Big Horn, Khanna 40% Gillibrand 35% Cohen 24%

Washington: Khanna 45% Cohen 30% Gillibrand 24%
My best county: Spokane, Khanna 40% Cohen 39% Gillibrand 20%
My worst county: Adams, Khanna 60% Gillibrand 20% Cohen 19%
Seattle results: Khanna 50% Cohen 30% Gillibrand 19%
Spokane results: Khanna 40% Cohen 39% Gillibrand 20%

Arizona: Khanna 49% Cohen 30% Gillibrand 20%
My best county: Pima, Khanna 40% Cohen 30% Gillibrand 29%
My worst county: Graham, Khanna 60% Gillibrand 28% Cohen 10%
Pheonix results: Khanna 42% Cohen 30% Gillibrand 27%
Tuscon results: Khanna 39% Cohen 30% Gillibrand 29%

South Dakota: Gillibrand 36% Cohen 34% Khanna 32%
My best county: Minnehaha, Cohen 40% Gillibrand 30% Khanna 29%
My worst county: Perkins, Gillibrand 50% Cohen 25% Khanna 24%
BushKerry04

« Reply #28 on: September 14, 2023, 08:42:17 PM »

March 25, 2040: Gillibrand suspends campaign, endorses my candidacy
During a campaign rally in Atlanta, Georgia, Senator Gillibrand announced she would suspend her campaign and endorse my candidacy for President. Prior to the endorsement, Senator Gillibrand and I spoke about her decision. She asked that I consider adopting parts of her policy agenda, and I told her that I would endorse parts of her education agenda.
BushKerry04

« Reply #29 on: September 23, 2023, 10:59:07 AM »

April 10, 2040: Super Tuesday

Maine: Cohen 51% Khanna 48%
My best county: Cumberland; Cohen 53% Khanna 46%
My worst county: Franklin; Khanna 52% Cohen 47%
Portland results: Cohen 51% Khanna 48%

Vermont: Cohen 50% Khanna 49%
My best county: Bennington; Cohen 51% Khanna 48%
My worst county: Chittenden; Khanna 53% Cohen 46%
Burlington results: Khanna 57% Cohen 42%
Montpelier results: Cohen 49.5% Khanna 49.4%

Massachussetts: Cohen 52% Khanna 47%
My best county: Middlesex; Cohen 54% Khanna 45%
My worst county: Franklin; Khanna 51% Cohen 48%
Boston results: Cohen 57% Khanna 42%
Worcester results: Cohen 59% Khanna 40%
Springfield: Cohen 62% Khanna 37%
Pittsfield: Cohen 53% Khanna 46%

Pennsylvania: Cohen 85% Khanna 14%
My best county: Bucks; Cohen 87% Khanna 12%
My worst county: Wayne; Cohen 80% Khanna 19%
Philadelphia results: Cohen 87% Khanna 12%
Pittsburgh results: Cohen 77% Khanna 22%
Allentown results: Cohen 80% Khanna 19%
West Chester results: Cohen 95% Khanna 4%
Erie results: Cohen 85% Khanna 14%

Ohio: Cohen 75% Khanna 24%
My best county: Franklin; Cohen 82% Khanna 17%
My worst county: Logan: Cohen 60% Khanna 39%
Columbus results: Cohen 77% Khanna 22%
Cleveland results: Cohen 80% Kanna 19%
Cincinnati results: Cohen 72% Khanna 27%

Wisconsin: Cohen 65% Khanna 34%
My best county: Rock; Cohen 70% Khanna 29%
Moy worst county: Dane; Cohen 50% Khanna 49%
Milwaulkee results: Cohen 70% Khanna 29%
Madison results: Khanna 51% Cohen 48%
Green Bay results: Cohen 62% Khanna 37%

Missouri: Cohen 53% Khanna 46%
My best county: St. Louis; Cohen 60% Khanna 39%
My worst county: Webster; Khanna 57% Cohen 42%
St. Louis results: Cohen 58% Khanna 41%
Kansas City results: Cohen 53% Khanna 46%
Springfield results: Cohen 51% Khanna 48%

Nebraska: Cohen 59% Khanna 40%
My best county: Douglas; Cohen 65% Khanna 34%
My worst county: Garden; Khanna 50% Cohen 49%
Omaha results: Cohen 60% Khanna 39%
Lincoln results: Cohen 53% Khanna 46%
Sidney results: Khanna 51% Cohen 46%

Oklahoma: Cohen 50% Khanna 49%
My best county: Oaklahoma; Cohen 60% Khanna 39%
My worst county: Beaver; Khanna 70% Cohen 29%
Oklahoma City results: Cohen 65% Khanna 34%
Tulsa: Cohen 55% Khanna 43%
Norman: Cohen 53% Khanna 46%

Louisiana: Cohen 57% Khanna 42%
My best Parish: Orleans; Cohen 65% Khanna 34%
My worst Parish: Allen; Khanna 53% Cohen 46%
New Orleans results: Cohen 67% Khanna 32%
Baton Rouge results: Cohen 60% Khanna 39%
Shreveport results: Cohen 55% Khanna 43%

Georgia: Cohen 62% Khanna 37%
My best county: Fulton; Cohen 70% Khanna 29%
My worst county: Ware; Khanna 51% Cohen 48%
Atlanta results: Cohen 72% Khanna 27%
Augusta results: Cohen 65% Khanna 34%
Savannah results: Cohen 62% Khanna 37%

North Carolina: Cohen 60% Khanna 39%
My best county: Mecklenburg; Cohen 65% Khanna 34%
My worst county: Orange; Khanna 51% Cohen 48%
Charlotte results: Cohen 67% Khanna 32%
Raleigh results: Cohen 65% Khanna 34%
Greensboro results: Cohen 59% Khanna 40%

Tennessee: Cohen 54% Khanna 45%
My best county: Davidson; Cohen 57% Khanna 42%
My worst county: Hickman; Khanna 53% Cohen 46%
Nashville results: Cohen 60% Khanna 39%
Memphis results: Cohen 59% Khanna 40%
Knoxville: Cohen 53% Khanna 46%

Texas: Cohen 51% Khanna 48%
My best county: Harris; Cohen 53% Khanna 46%
My worst county: Duval; Khanna 57% Cohen 42%
Houston results: Cohen 51% Khanna 48%
San Antonio: Khanna 53% Cohen 46%
Dallas results: Cohen 53% Khanna 46%

Alaska: Cohen 49.5% Khanna 49.4%
Anchorage results: Cohen 50% Khanna 49%
Juneau: Khanna 49.5% Cohen 49.4%
Fairbanks: Cohen 49.7% Khanna 49.5%

California: Khanna 60% Cohen 39%
My best county: San Deigo; Cohen 50% Khanna 49%
My worst county: Alameda; Khanna 75% Cohen 24%
Los Angeles results: Khanna 65% Cohen 34%
San Fransisco results: Khanna 67% Cohen 32%
San Deigo results: Cohen 51% Khanna 48%

Hawaii: Khanna 53% Cohen 46%
Miliani results: Khanna 55% Cohen 43%

Utah: Khanna 52% Cohen 47%
My best county: Salt Lake; Cohen 51% Khanna 48%
My worst county: Washington; Khanna 57% Cohen 42%
Salt Lake City results: Cohen 50% Khanna 49%

Oregon: Khanna 53% Cohen 46%
My best county: Lane; Cohen 52% Khanna 47%
My worst county: Multnomah; Khanna 65% Cohen 34%
Portland results: Khanna 67% Cohen 32%
Salem results: Khanna 57% Cohen 42%
Eugene results: Khanna 49.5% Cohen 49.4%

West Virginia: Khanna 60% Cohen 39%
My best county: Webster; Khanna 51% Cohen 48%
My worst county: Harrison; Khanna 70% Cohen 29%
Morgantown results: Khanna 59% Cohen 40%

Exit polls

By age
18-34: Khanna 70% Cohen 29%
35-54: Cohen 67% Khanna 32%
55-65: Cohen 60% Khanna 39%
65+: Cohen 53% Khanna 46%

By gender
Male: Cohen 53% Khanna 46%
Female: Cohen 62% Khanna 37%
Other: Cohen 54% Khanna 45%

By income
$0-$30,000: Khanna 51% Cohen 48%
$31,000-$50,000: Cohen 57% Khanna 46%
$51,000-$84,000: Cohen 65% Khanna 34%
$85,000-$99,000: Cohen 65% Khanna 34%
Above $99,999: Cohen 52% Khanna 47%

By education
High school diploma: Cohen 52% Khanna 47%
Some college: Cohen 53% Khanna 46%
College graduate: Cohen 67% Khanna 32%
Advanced degree: Khanna 70% Cohen 29%

By community type
Urban: Cohen 57% Khanna 42%
Suburban: Cohen 65% Khanna 34%
Rural: Khanna 50% Cohen 49%

By ideology
Very progressive: Khanna 70% Cohen 29%
Somewhat progressive: Cohen 59% Khanna 40%
Moderate: Cohen 80% Khanna 19%

By political party
Democratic: Cohen 57% Khanna 42%
Independent: Cohen 75% Khanna 24%

Which candidate best understands people like you?
Cohen 59%
Khanna 40%

Which candidate most shares your values?
Khanna 53%
Cohen 46%

Which candidate would be a stronger general election candidate?
Cohen 75%
Khanna 24%

Which candidate is better qualified to be President?
Khanna 51%
Cohen 48%

By most important issue
Economy: Cohen 70% Khanna 29%
Environment: Cohen 60% Khanna 39%
Healthcare: Khanna 51% Cohen 48%
Education: Khanna 57% Cohen 42%
Foreign policy: Khanna 52% Cohen 47%
Social issues: Cohen 49% Khanna 49%
National debt: Cohen 80% Khanna 19%
Race relations: Cohen 49% Khanna 49%
taxes: Cohen 65% Khanna 34%
Immigration: Khanna 52% Cohen 47%

BushKerry04

« Reply #30 on: September 29, 2023, 07:09:07 PM »

April 17, 2040: I win 3 of 4 contests
I secured victories in Montana, New York, Indiana, and Washington D.C. as Congressman Khanna won Wyoming's Democratic primary. In Montana, I won by a 62%-37% margin, sweeping 355 of 360 municipalities in the state. In New York, I garnered 59% of the vote to Khanna’s 40%. I won 50 of the state’s 62 counties and won the cities of Rochester (67%), Buffalo (65%), Albany (58%), and New York (55%). Khanna won Ithica (51%) and Syracuse (49.5%). I also swept Indiana, by a 70%-29% margin. In Wyoming, Congressman Khanna won, 53%-46%.
BushKerry04

« Reply #31 on: October 15, 2023, 01:46:11 PM »

Apri 24, 2040: I win Maryland and Nebraska, clinch the nomination after Khanna suspends campaign
I won Democratic primaries in Maryland and Nebraska, placing me just 75 delegates short of securing the Democratic nomination for President. I won Maryland by a 77%-22% margin, and won Nebraska, 65%-34%. Congressman Khanna called me at 10:50 p.m. and conceded the nomination. We agreed to meet in the coming days, and I pledged that he would be a part of our campaign in the general election. At 11:45 p.m., I spoke to supporters in Fredrick, Maryland as the presumptive nominee of the Democratic Party:

"My fellow Democrats, fellow Americans. I want to begin by thanking each and every single volunteer who stuffed envelopes, made phone calls, knocked on doors, and put up lawn signs for your energy, time, and effort. I want to thank Ying Lee, Nicole Giordano, and my entire campaign staff for their hard work and professionalism in helping us get to this moment. We are so blessed to have so many donors who have sent us donations and attended our events, I thank you for your support. My parents have had my back throughout my life and career, and this campaign is no exception. I love you, Mom and Dad. And to my wife, Rachel Cohen, I thank you for your love, guidance, and always keeping me grounded. I love you more than words can express. And to Democratic primary voters across the country, I thank you for your hospitality, consideration, and votes. A few minutes ago, I received a gracious phone call from Congressman Ro Khanna congratulating us on our victories tonight. I told the Congressman that he has inspired the votes of millions of grassroots progressives across the nation, and I look forward to his continued leadership and voice in our party and in government. My friends, it is with humility and gratitude that I can report that we have secured the Democratic nomination for President of the United States. Across America, people are hungry for more freedom and equality in America. Ours will be a campaign that is about the freedom to earn a decent living, build a successful business, afford the necessities we all rely on, breathe clean air and drink clean water, and enjoy equal access to economic opportunity, housing, education, healthcare, and justice. I pledge to continue to go everywhere, listen to everyone, and offer policies that will restore prosperity and progress. Let me address independents and Republicans, as well as Democrats, about the choice you have in November. I respect the President and the presidency, and this campaign won't be personal. I'm a proud Democrat, and I have always stood up for important Democratic ideals throughout my career in public service. But I also have a record of reaching across the aisle to get things done. If elected, you can expect me to put results and the national interest ahead of partisan considerations. Across America, people are struggling to find work and pay the bills. Businesses are having a hard time meeting payroll, and local governments are struggling to meet the demand for services. When it comes to the economy, the President and I have very different records and visions for our future. In the United States Senate, I helped pass the Whitmer economic agenda that delivered tax relief for working Americans, encouraged the creation of jobs, invested in green energy and manufacturing incentives, and strengthened equal pay for equal work. As a result, the American people created 15 million new jobs, unemployment fell to historic lows, we balanced the budget three times, and we saw a sizable reduction in the racial and gender pay gaps. Unfortunately, after four years of higher tariffs on consumers and businesses, regulatory uncertainty, and this administration underfunding education and healthcare, we are experiencing the highest unemployment and inflation in nearly two decades. the economic plan we've proposed and will continue to advocate for isn't just about restoring growth to the economy. It's about making sure our economy is fair for all because everyone deserves a chance to achieve financial security. And our program is about supporting existing jobs in old industries while taking advantage of opportunities in new ones. We'll incentivize the creation of all jobs, and expand tax credits for manufacturing and green energy. We'll cut taxes for 98% of Americans and businesses. We'll revitalize vibrancy and commerce in struggling communities, including those who have been underserved due to historic discrimination, with a new Main Street revitalization fund. And we'll renew investments in education, job training, health care, infrastructure, and services for our veterans. By asking the wealthiest individuals and multinational corporations to pay just a little more in taxes, we can do all of this while paying down $1 trillion. My friends, the economic growth we seek must not only benefit us in the short-term, as important is that is. Growth must be fair and accessible to all and last for generations. So tonight, I ask all Americans to join us as we seek an opportunity economy for all. My friends, our commitment to an opportunity economy for all must also ensure we are an opportunity society for all regardless of background. I am committed to advancing equity, inclusiveness, and sustainability. I am proud to have been a leader in codifying a woman's right to choose into federal law, strengthening voting rights, and passing the boldest equal pay legislation since 1965. Unfortunately, this administration has failed to dedicate the resources and attention to these policies. Not only will I defend these policies, I'll work to strengthen and expand them. We'll support funding for women's healthcare, prevent states from engaging in voter suppression, and I'll campaign to ratify the Equal Rights Amendment. I'll also advance what has been described as the boldest environmental program in a generation, so we can reduce utility bills, conserve our land and waters, and get to carbon neutrality by 2050. In addition to the many domestic challenges we face, it is crucial that we restore America's standing as a leader in international affairs. I will work to strengthen our military, support our veterans, and pursue peace. My friends, tonight is the beginning of the general election. And we have a lot of work to do to spread our message of freedom and equality to every corner of this country. I humbly ask for your help and this November, I ask all Americans for their votes. thank you, God bless you, and may God bless these United States."

BushKerry04

« Reply #32 on: October 18, 2023, 08:15:19 PM »

April 25, 2040: Vice Presidential Decision
After becoming the presumptive Democratic nominee for President, I did several interviews and campaigned in Wisconsin. Less than 24 hours after securing the nomination, I sat down with Rachel, Ying, Nicole, Nancy, and Amir to discuss the vice presidential nomination. Also joining us via phone were former Vice President Susan Rice and Senator Alex Padilla of California, who I asked to co-chair my vice presidential search committee. In recent weeks, the media focused on my potential choices, with about a dozen names being mentioned. My list consisted of ten names, and there was some overlap. My view was that my running-mate should be someone who I trusted and complemented my experience, while some on my team argued geographic and ideological diversity was important. Our list consists of Congresswoman Sara Jacobs of California, Senator Tammy Duckworth of Illinois, Congresswoman Shontel Brown of Ohio, Senator Kirsten Gillibrand of New York, Senator Cory Booker of New Jersey, Congressman Ro Khanna of California, Congresswoman Jasmine Crockett of Texas, Mayor Justin Bibb of Cleveland, Ohio, Congressman Gabe Vasquez of New Mexico, and Congresswoman Delia Ramirez of Illinois.

Blow by blow, the passion dies
LeonelBrizola
YaBB God
Brazil

« Reply #33 on: October 19, 2023, 04:28:41 PM »

After becoming the presumptive Democratic nominee for President, I did several interviews and campaigned in Wisconsin. Less than 24 hours after securing the nomination, I sat down with Rachel, Ying, Nicole, Nancy, and Amir to discuss the vice presidential nomination. Also joining us via phone were former Vice President Susan Rice and Senator Alex Padilla of California, who I asked to co-chair my vice presidential search committee. In recent weeks, the media focused on my potential choices, with about a dozen names being mentioned. My list consisted of ten names, and there was some overlap. My view was that my running-mate should be someone who I trusted and complemented my experience, while some on my team argued geographic and ideological diversity was important. Our list consists of Congresswoman Sara Jacobs of California, Senator Tammy Duckworth of Illinois, Congresswoman Shontel Brown of Ohio, Senator Kirsten Gillibrand of New York, Senator Cory Booker of New Jersey, Congressman Ro Khanna of California, Congresswoman Jasmine Crockett of Texas, Mayor Justin Bibb of Cleveland, Ohio, Congressman Gabe Vasquez of New Mexico, and Congresswoman Delia Ramirez of Illinois.

Apri 24, 2040: I win Maryland and Nebraska, clinch the nomination after Khanna suspends campaign
I won Democratic primaries in Maryland and Nebraska, placing me just 75 delegates short of securing the Democratic nomination for President. I won Maryland by a 77%-22% margin, and won Nebraska, 65%-34%. Congressman Khanna called me at 10:50 p.m. and conceded the nomination. We agreed to meet in the coming days, and I pledged that he would be a part of our campaign in the general election. At 11:45 p.m., I spoke to supporters in Fredrick, Maryland as the presumptive nominee of the Democratic Party:

"My fellow Democrats, fellow Americans. I want to begin by thanking each and every single volunteer who stuffed envelopes, made phone calls, knocked on doors, and put up lawn signs for your energy, time, and effort. I want to thank Ying Lee, Nicole Giordano, and my entire campaign staff for their hard work and professionalism in helping us get to this moment. We are so blessed to have so many donors who have sent us donations and attended our events, I thank you for your support. My parents have had my back throughout my life and career, and this campaign is no exception. I love you, Mom and Dad. And to my wife, Rachel Cohen, I thank you for your love, guidance, and always keeping me grounded. I love you more than words can express. And to Democratic primary voters across the country, I thank you for your hospitality, consideration, and votes. A few minutes ago, I received a gracious phone call from Congressman Ro Khanna congratulating us on our victories tonight. I told the Congressman that he has inspired the votes of millions of grassroots progressives across the nation, and I look forward to his continued leadership and voice in our party and in government. My friends, it is with humility and gratitude that I can report that we have secured the Democratic nomination for President of the United States. Across America, people are hungry for more freedom and equality in America. Ours will be a campaign that is about the freedom to earn a decent living, build a successful business, afford the necessities we all rely on, breathe clean air and drink clean water, and enjoy equal access to economic opportunity, housing, education, healthcare, and justice. I pledge to continue to go everywhere, listen to everyone, and offer policies that will restore prosperity and progress. Let me address independents and Republicans, as well as Democrats, about the choice you have in November. I respect the President and the presidency, and this campaign won't be personal. I'm a proud Democrat, and I have always stood up for important Democratic ideals throughout my career in public service. But I also have a record of reaching across the aisle to get things done. If elected, you can expect me to put results and the national interest ahead of partisan considerations. Across America, people are struggling to find work and pay the bills. Businesses are having a hard time meeting payroll, and local governments are struggling to meet the demand for services. When it comes to the economy, the President and I have very different records and visions for our future. In the United States Senate, I helped pass the Whitmer economic agenda that delivered tax relief for working Americans, encouraged the creation of jobs, invested in green energy and manufacturing incentives, and strengthened equal pay for equal work. As a result, the American people created 15 million new jobs, unemployment fell to historic lows, we balanced the budget three times, and we saw a sizable reduction in the racial and gender pay gaps. Unfortunately, after four years of higher tariffs on consumers and businesses, regulatory uncertainty, and this administration underfunding education and healthcare, we are experiencing the highest unemployment and inflation in nearly two decades. the economic plan we've proposed and will continue to advocate for isn't just about restoring growth to the economy. It's about making sure our economy is fair for all because everyone deserves a chance to achieve financial security. And our program is about supporting existing jobs in old industries while taking advantage of opportunities in new ones. We'll incentivize the creation of all jobs, and expand tax credits for manufacturing and green energy. We'll cut taxes for 98% of Americans and businesses. We'll revitalize vibrancy and commerce in struggling communities, including those who have been underserved due to historic discrimination, with a new Main Street revitalization fund. And we'll renew investments in education, job training, health care, infrastructure, and services for our veterans. By asking the wealthiest individuals and multinational corporations to pay just a little more in taxes, we can do all of this while paying down $1 trillion. My friends, the economic growth we seek must not only benefit us in the short-term, as important is that is. Growth must be fair and accessible to all and last for generations. So tonight, I ask all Americans to join us as we seek an opportunity economy for all. My friends, our commitment to an opportunity economy for all must also ensure we are an opportunity society for all regardless of background. I am committed to advancing equity, inclusiveness, and sustainability. I am proud to have been a leader in codifying a woman's right to choose into federal law, strengthening voting rights, and passing the boldest equal pay legislation since 1965. Unfortunately, this administration has failed to dedicate the resources and attention to these policies. Not only will I defend these policies, I'll work to strengthen and expand them. We'll support funding for women's healthcare, prevent states from engaging in voter suppression, and I'll campaign to ratify the Equal Rights Amendment. I'll also advance what has been described as the boldest environmental program in a generation, so we can reduce utility bills, conserve our land and waters, and get to carbon neutrality by 2050. In addition to the many domestic challenges we face, it is crucial that we restore America's standing as a leader in international affairs. I will work to strengthen our military, support our veterans, and pursue peace. My friends, tonight is the beginning of the general election. And we have a lot of work to do to spread our message of freedom and equality to every corner of this country. I humbly ask for your help and this November, I ask all Americans for their votes. thank you, God bless you, and may God bless these United States."

Khanna would be a great choice, being in Washington for 23 years and your main primary rival.
BushKerry04

« Reply #34 on: October 19, 2023, 09:18:36 PM »

Khanna would be a great choice, being in Washington for 23 years and your main primary rival.

Appreciate the feedback! 
BushKerry04

« Reply #35 on: October 24, 2023, 09:02:47 PM »

April 27, 2040: My first national television interview as the Presumptive Democratic Presidential Nominee
Rachel and I sat down with Katy Tur on MSNBC for our first interview since I secured the Democratic nomination for President. Here are some highlights:

Tur: Senator, congratulations on securing the Democratic nomination for President. While you are well-known amongst Democratic voters, 30% of independents and 53% of Republicans say they know little or nothing about you. Who is Peter Cohen, and why do you want to be President?

Peter Cohen: Well, first of all, thank you for speaking with us. I want to be President of the United States to usher in a new era of freedom and equality in America. I believe that I have a record of results and a vision for the future that speaks to what we can achieve when we put aside our differences and work together. All across the country, people are struggling to find work, pay the bills, and save for the future. At the same time, over the past four years, we have fallen behind in terms of our economic competitiveness globally, expanding access to healthcare, advancing social justice, and confronting climate change. I want to ensure that all of our citizens can earn a decent living, afford the necessities we all rely on such as food and healthcare, have their rights protected, live in a safe neighborhood, breathe clean air, and drink clean water.

Tur: Doctor Cohen, it is no secret that you have played an active role in your husband's campaign, and you played an integral role in helping him craft his economic program. What type of First Lady will you be?

Rachel Cohen: Peter and I aren't only wife and husband, we are best friends. I have always played an active role in his career, and he's played an active role in mine. If I'm fortunate enough to be First Lady, I will continue to teach economics because it's my passion and life's work. But I will also use my position to bring attention to important causes, including economic empowerment, conservation, education, human rights, and animal welfare. I'll work to bring people together to effectuate change in these and other areas. And while I'll always serve as an informal advisor to Peter, I will have no official role in government.

Tur: And Senator, how do you respond to that?

Peter Cohen: Rachel and I are a part of every aspect of each other's lives. I have helped her find ways to effectively connect economics with public policy and always enjoy speaking to her classes each semester, and I appreciate her traveling the country and helping me bring together a first-rate team to craft our opportunity economy for all plan. Rachel will make a fantastic First Lady because she's smart, compassionate, and lives her life by the highest ethical standards. She inspires me.

Tur: President Vance has said that you represent globalism and corporatism while he represents the interests of working Americans. In particular, he has criticized your opposition to his administration's trade policies and support of a carbon tax, which he says benefits Wall Street while raising utility bills for working Americans. How do you respond?

Peter Cohen: Obviously, the President can't talk about how he took over during one of the longest periods of economic expansion in history and now presides over the highest unemployment and inflation in fifteen years thanks to his trade, fiscal, and regulatory policies. I support free trade that is fair to our workers, but we can't just slap on some tariffs and expect prices not to rise. We need diplomacy, not an effective tax increase on consumers. And my energy policy will lower utility costs through incentives and expanding the federal energy assistance program. I won't do what this President has done, which is allocate taxpayer money to the fossil-fuel industry even as prices continue to rise on everything from bread to coffee to cars and health insurance.

Tur: Senator, some Republicans have said you are exaggerating your experience in the private sector, that you worked for a family business and therefore don't understand the concerns of most Americans. How do you respond to these charges? 

Peter Cohen: I have never tried to misrepresent my family, the business I was a part of, or myself. I was very fortunate to grow up where I did and have the opportunities I've had. However, I joined my family's business as an entry-level employee and worked my way up to work directly under one of our Vice Presidents, who by the way isn't a relative of mine. My job entailed speaking with small and medium-sized businesses and their employees, learning about their businesses, and working with a team of experts to provide them with insurance solutions. I understand what it is like to be held accountable by superiors, lead people, make decisions, and provide solutions. I also know how government policy impacts the real economy. Let me be clear. I am running for President because I want to make sure every American has the chances I've had.

Tur: Doctor Cohen, I'll ask you the same question I asked Senator Cohen earlier. Who is Rachel Cohen?

Rachel Cohen: I'm a wife, daughter, sister, niece, granddaughter, educator, and activist from Lansing, Michigan. My father is a retired cop, and my mother owned her own florist shop for 30 years. While working for my mother one summer, I became interested in how she decided to price products. It was at that time that I discovered my passion for economics. I went to the University of Michigan and later, earned a PhD in economics from the University of Delaware. I was fortunate to land a teaching job at West Chester University, where I continue to teach to this day. I'm extremely passionate about helping others obtain knowledge. Additionally, as someone who has published studies and a book on economic inequality, I am proud to have lent my voice to the cause of creating upward mobility for women and all working people. My advocacy is how I met Peter, a friend of mine was running for local office and we met at one of his events.

BushKerry04

« Reply #36 on: October 28, 2023, 01:15:16 PM »

May 1, 2040: NBC/WSJ Poll: I lead by 5 points nationally

General Election
National: Cohen 47% Vance 42%
Ohio: Vance 47% Cohen 44%
Pennsylvania: Cohen 54% Vance 39%
New Hampshire: Cohen 49% Vance 42%
New Mexico: Cohen 45% Vance 44%
Nevada: Cohen 45% Vance 45%
Florida: Vance 47% Cohen 44%
Arizona: Cohen 49% Vance 41%
South Carolina: Vance 45% Cohen 45%
Texas: Cohen 45% Vance 44%
Tennessee: Vance 47% Cohen 43%
North Carolina: Cohen 48% Vance 43%
Georgia: Cohen 48% Vance 41%
Minnesota: Cohen 47% Vance 45%
Michigan: Cohen 48% Vance 44%
Wisconsin: Cohen 45% Vance 43%

BushKerry04

« Reply #37 on: October 28, 2023, 08:48:57 PM »

May 5, 2040: My first TV ads of the general elecion

"Biography" running in Michigan, Ohio, Wisconsin, Minnesota, Texas, New Mexico, Nevada, New Hampshire, and South Carolina

NARRATOR: He was born in West Chester, Pennsylvania, where his parents instilled in him the importance of telling the truth and serving others. After graduating from Franklin and Marshall, he joined his family business, where he helped entrepreneurs and workers mitigate risk so they could thrive.

COHEN: During my time in the private sector, I listened to customers and worked with a team to deliver for them. We not only provided Main Street businesses with insurance, we also helped provide workers with affordable healthcare coverage. I'm proud to have had the chance to understand how jobs are created, and what a paycheck means to hard-working Americans. 

NARRATOR: When his community needed leadership to hold the line on taxes, Peter Cohen ran for County Commissioner and won. His neighbors then elected him to the state legislature, and later, Pennsylvanians sent him to the United States Senate.

COHEN 11/8/29: I intend to be a Senator for all Pennsylvanians and all Americans because we need to unite this country in order to achieve great things. Here, in this perennial swing state that is a microcosm of America, we have brought together a broad coalition of people from all walks of life.

NARRATOR In the Senate, Peter Cohen became a leader on the environment, defending a woman’s right to choose, and passing the Whitmer economic agenda that led to the creation of 15 million jobs.

GRETCHEN WHITMER, 05/05/35: I want to thank Senator Peter Cohen for doing so much to help get our economic agenda through the Senate over the past few years. Now, Peter Cohen is running for President, to cut taxes for working people, grow the economy, and make sure we get back to ensuring equal pay for equal work.

COHEN: I believe we need leadership committed to getting Americans back to work and ensuring everyone has equal access to the American dream.

NARRATOR: Peter Cohen for President. Freedom. Equality. For us.

COHEN: I’m Peter Cohen, and I approve this message.

"Plan" Running in Michigan, Minnesota, Wisconsin, Nevada, New Mexico, Texas, Florida, and Ohio

COHEN: I'm Peter Cohen, and I'm running for President to usher in a new era of freedom and equality. Across America, under President Vance, Americans are struggling to find work and having a hard time making ends meet under the burden of the highest inflation in two decades. In this election, you have a choice. We can continue the same failed policies of the past four years with the same results, or we can get Americans back to work and ensure all of our citizens have financial security and opportunities to get ahead. My economic plan cuts taxes for 98% of Americans, returns money to Main Street, helps revitalize communities that have been left behind for far too long, and ensures we invest in job training, infrastructure, green energy, and manufacturing. I'm Peter Cohen, and I approve this message because we can create an opportunity economy for all.
Blow by blow, the passion dies
LeonelBrizola
YaBB God
Brazil

« Reply #38 on: October 28, 2023, 09:03:54 PM »

May 5, 2040: My first TV ads of the general elecion

"Biography" running in Michigan, Ohio, Wisconsin, Minnesota, Texas, New Mexico, Nevada, New Hampshire, and South Carolina

NARRATOR: He was born in West Chester, Pennsylvania, where his parents instilled in him the importance of telling the truth and serving others. After graduating from Franklin and Marshall, he joined his family business, where he helped entrepreneurs and workers mitigate risk so they could thrive.

COHEN: During my time in the private sector, I listened to customers and worked with a team to deliver for them. We not only provided Main Street businesses with insurance, we also helped provide workers with affordable healthcare coverage. I'm proud to have had the chance to understand how jobs are created, and what a paycheck means to hard-working Americans. 

NARRATOR: When his community needed leadership to hold the line on taxes, Peter Cohen ran for County Commissioner and won. His neighbors then elected him to the state legislature, and later, Pennsylvanians sent him to the United States Senate.

COHEN 11/8/29: I intend to be a Senator for all Pennsylvanians and all Americans because we need to unite this country in order to achieve great things. Here, in this perennial swing state that is a microcosm of America, we have brought together a broad coalition of people from all walks of life.

NARRATOR In the Senate, Peter Cohen became a leader on the environment, defending a woman’s right to choose, and passing the Whitmer economic agenda that led to the creation of 15 million jobs.

GRETCHEN WHITMER, 05/05/35: I want to thank Senator Peter Cohen for doing so much to help get our economic agenda through the Senate over the past few years. Now, Peter Cohen is running for President, to cut taxes for working people, grow the economy, and make sure we get back to ensuring equal pay for equal work.

COHEN: I believe we need leadership committed to getting Americans back to work and ensuring everyone has equal access to the American dream.

NARRATOR: Peter Cohen for President. Freedom. Equality. For us.

COHEN: I’m Peter Cohen, and I approve this message.

"Plan" Running in Michigan, Minnesota, Wisconsin, Nevada, New Mexico, Texas, Florida, and Ohio

COHEN: I'm Peter Cohen, and I'm running for President to usher in a new era of freedom and equality. Across America, under President Vance, Americans are struggling to find work and having a hard time making ends meet under the burden of the highest inflation in two decades. In this election, you have a choice. We can continue the same failed policies of the past four years with the same results, or we can get Americans back to work and ensure all of our citizens have financial security and opportunities to get ahead. My economic plan cuts taxes for 98% of Americans, returns money to Main Street, helps revitalize communities that have been left behind for far too long, and ensures we invest in job training, infrastructure, green energy, and manufacturing. I'm Peter Cohen, and I approve this message because we can create an opportunity economy for all.
This inspires me to make an OC US presidency set in 2023.
BushKerry04

« Reply #39 on: November 03, 2023, 08:00:54 PM »

June 25, 2040: Vice Presidential Finalists
I sat down with Rachel, Nicole, Ying, Amir, Nancy, and the two co-chairs of my vice presidential search committee, Senator Raphael Warnock of Georgia and Businessman Reid Hoffman. I had met with ten candidates for Vice President, and the team and I narrowed the search down to three names: Senator Tammy Duckworth of Illinois, Senator Cory Booker of New Jersey, and Congresswoman Haley Stevens of Michigan. I was impressed with all of them on a personal level and had worked with all of them during my years in Washington. In fact, Rachel and I had socialized with them and their significant others in the past. When it comes to personal attributes, we all agree all three candidates are honest, likable, and have integrity. Where we disagreed was who I should pick, for different reasons. Rachel and Nicole favor Duckworth, arguing she is strong in the areas where I'm weak; she has been involved in foreign policy issues and served in the military with distinction. Additionally, my voting record was similar to hers and therefore, there wouldn't be questions about us disagreeing. Amir made the case for Senator Booker, arguing he would help us with progressives who supported Ro Khanna in the primary without alienating moderates and independents. Ying favored Congresswoman Stevens, arguing she would help us in a purple state and is a policy wonk who would be a trusted adviser. Nancy Rubstein made the case that Booker would help me most with skeptical progressives, Duckworth could help me with swing voters who believe I lack foreign policy experience, and Stevens would energize parts of my base. Warnock and Hoffman ran through the pros and cons of each candidate. In the end, the decision was mine. It was a tough decision because I personally liked all of the candidates and wanted all of them to be in my administration. I told the group I'd think about it for 48 hours and decide. We agreed to make the announcement on July 1st.
BushKerry04

« Reply #40 on: November 06, 2023, 09:42:34 PM »

June 27, 2040: Vice Presidential Decision
After two days of thinking about it, I made my decision as to who to ask to be my running-mate. In my gut, I knew that I needed a Vice President who knew the world stage, and felt Senator Duckworth was the right choice. I respect her military service, service in government, and have known her for a decade. I invited her and her family to dinner with Rachel and I at our home so I could formally ask her to join the ticket. I then called Senator Booker and Congresswoman Stevens to let them know that I was going with another candidate but assured them both I'd like to have them play a role in my administration. Senator Duckworth accepted my invitation.

BushKerry04

« Reply #41 on: November 09, 2023, 11:32:06 AM »

July 1, 2040: Cohen/Duckworth 2040

“I want to begin by thanking your Mayor, the Illinois congressional delegation, your Governor, and all of the elected officials, union leaders, activists, and all of you for being here today at this historic event.

These are challenging times for our country. All across America, people are struggling to find work, make ends meet, and afford the necessities we all rely on. At the same time, this administration has undermined our civil liberties, ignored the climate crisis, and isolated America in world affairs.

I’m running for President to usher in a new era of freedom and equality in America. The policies I have put forward speak to the principles we believe in. The freedom of every American, regardless of their race, ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, ability, income, religion, or political affillation, to have the chance to earn a decent living, afford necessities like food and healthcare, live in a safe neighborhood, breathe clean air, drink clean water, get a quality education, and make decisions about their own lives so long as they don’t adversely impact others.

The program we have proposed in this campaign will build an opportunity for all by delivering tax relief to you, invest in jobs, and ensure a financially sound safety net while asking the wealthiest Americans to pay more. We’ll reduce the deficit and pay down $1 trillion in debt to help combat inflation.

The Main Street Revitalization Fund I’ve proposed will help communities that have been left behind for far too long attract new investment by improving business districts, building more affordable housing, and provide new revenues for services such as parks, public schools, and public safety.

And to advance social justice, I’ve proposed enhancing voting rights by empowering individuals to confront voter suppression, building on the progress we’ve made in ensuring equal pay for equal work, and strengthening anti-discrimination law. I will also defend a woman’s right to choose, as I always have, and increase access to women’s healthcare, family planning, and reproductive healthcare.

And on foreign policy, I will continue to support our troops and our veterans, which is why I am for higher pay and a historic expansion of the G.I. bill. I will be for a strong military and human intelligience, but I won’t seek to police the world. However, instead of isolating ourselves in world affairs, America must work with our allies to ensure a more secure, prosperous, sustainable, and inclusive world.

Throughout my career in the private sector and in elected office, I have always listened to people, worked with all stakeholders to come up with ways to address challenges, and delivered results.

Over the course of the past two months, I have listened to Americans across the country and experienced leaders as I considered who I would ask you to support as my running-mate. I am grateful to each and every candidate I had the chance to meet with, I’m thankful for you stepping up to serve.

It is important to me that my running-mate, and God willing my Vice President, be someone who is honest and has integrity. This person must genuinely care about all Americans.  I believe the Vice President should serve as an adviser to the President, help craft legislation, and take the lead on initiatives. And they must have experience and the ability to get things done.

I have decided to ask someone I have known for a decade now, and consider a friend. Rachel and I have had dinner with her and her husband, and we’ve worked together on important legislation such as veteran’s benefits, equal pay for equal work, and improving the North American supply chain.

Today, here in Chicago, I am announcing that Tammy Duckworth of Illinois is my choice to be the nominee of our party for Vice President of the United States.

Every time our country has called on her to serve, Senator Duckworth has answered that call. She served with honor and distinction in the United States Military, came home and worked to support our veterans here in Illinois and in the Obama administration, and then went to Washington as a Congresswoman and your Senator, where she has taken on tough issues and gotten results.

She preserved the Americans with Disabilities Act, helped negotiate trade deals that increased trade while protecting workers, and worked with Senators Klobuchar, Booker, and I to pass the Paycheck Fairness Act into law. Senator Duckworth is known and respected around the world, and has made a real difference for people here at home. She’s principled, strong, determined, and has demonstrated a commitment to country over self.

As the daughter of immigrants and now the first Asian American to ever be on a national ticket, Senator Duckworth understands the American dream and how we must make that dream a reality for all of our people.

So with that, I give you my friend, and God willing our next Vice President of these United States, Senator Tammy Duckworth”
BushKerry04

« Reply #42 on: November 15, 2023, 09:39:16 PM »

July 15, 2040: Primetime convention speakers announced
My campaign and the Democratic National Committee finalized the speaking schedule for the Democratic National Convention, which will take place in Detriot, Michigan. Below is the schedule:

Night #1
5pm hour: Sara Jacobs (D-CA), Chris Coons (D-DE), Bob Casey Jr. (D-PA), Jocelyn Benson (D-MI), Chris Pappas (D-NH)
6pm hour: Dana Nessel (D-MI), Austin Davis (D-PA), Garlin Gilchrist (D-MI), Kate Gallego (D-AZ), Brendan Boyle (D-PA)
7pm hour: Jared Polis (D-CO), Jena Griswold (D-CO), President of the AFL-CIO, President of NAACP, Former President of NARAL 
8pm: Eva Longoria
8:30pm: LeBron James
9pm: Recorded addresses by Joe Biden, Jill Biden, Bill Clinton, Hillary Clinton, Kamala Harris, Al Gore
9:30pm: Keynote address by Ro Khanna (D-CA)

Night #2
5pm hour: Sandra Jauregui (D-NV), Cavalier Johnson (D-WI), Justin Bibb (D-OH), Former President of the Chester County, PA Chamber of Commerce, Former President of the Sierra Club
6pm hour: Sarah McBride (D-DE), Lauren Book (D-FL), Melanie Stansbury (D-NM), Jeff Jackson (D-NC), Josh Gottheimer (D-NJ)
7pm hour: Kristen Gillibrand (D-NY), Pete Buttigeig (D-MI), Andre Carson (D-IN), John Legend, Kal Penn
8:30pm: Susan Rice
9pm: Michelle Obama
9:30pm: Barack Obama

Night #3
5pm hour: Keisha Lance Bottoms (D-GA), Lauren Underwood (D-IL), Michelle Wu (D-MA), Brian Schatz (D-HI), Jon Osoff (D-GA)
6pm hour: Nanette Barragán (D-CA), Jasmine Crockett (D-TX), Mary Peltola (D-AK), Morgan DeBaun, Mark Kelly (D-AZ)
7pm hour: Shontel Brown (D-OH), Raphael Warnock (D-GA), Sarah Godlewski (D-WI), Abagail Spanberger (D-VA), Mikie Sherrill (D-NJ)
8pm: Veterans who served with Senator Duckworth
8:30pm: Mallory McMorrow (D-MI)
9pm: Reuben Gallego (D-AZ) nominates Tammy Duckworth for Vice President
9:30pm: Senator Tammy Duckworth (D-IL) Vice Presidential Nomination Acceptance Speech

Night #4
5pm hour: Rachel Stein (childhood friend of mine), Beth Barone (my former boss at Cohen Insurance), Roger Allen (college friend of mine), Chrissy Houlahan (D-PA), Amy Klobuchar (D-MN)
6pm hour: Cory Booker (D-NJ), Stephanie Murphy (D-FL), Lisa Blunt Rochester (D-DE), Angie Craig (D-MN), Elissa Slotkin (D-MI)
7pm hour: Haley Stevens (D-MI), Marie Gluesenkamp Perez (D-WA), Josh Shapiro (D-PA), Paige Cognetti (D-PA), John Fetterman (D-PA)
8pm: Recorded videos of my parents & my biography
8:30pm: Rachel Cohen
9pm: Gretchen Whitmer nominates me for President
9:30pm: My Presidential Nomination Acceptance Speech
BushKerry04

« Reply #43 on: November 24, 2023, 11:28:36 PM »

July 25, 2040: Economic Advisers Meeting
During the primary season, I had three primary economic advisers: my wife, Economist and former Secretary of Commerce during the Whitmer administration Jason Furman, P&C Executive Ma. Fatima D. Francisco, and Corporate Advisor Yusef D. Jackson. Since I won the nomination, Economist Meghan Greene and Businessman Abhay Patel joined the team. We met to discuss the state of the economy. While there was disagreement as to forecasts for 2041, there was consensus as to the current state of economic affairs. GDP contracted in the first two quarters of the year, and unemployment rose from 5% in December 2039 to 5.7% in May, though it fell to 5.5% in June. However, the economy had been faltering for well over two years. When the President took office in January 2037, unemployment was at 2.8%, the second lowest reading in history (the first being 2.7% in October 2031). For his first 18 months in office, the unemployment rate hovered around 3%. By October of 2038, that started to change. By August of 2039, unemployment reached 4% - the highest in a decade. By the time Democrats began heading to the polls in South Carolina the following January, unemployment reached 5.2%. By going above 5%, unemployment reached the highest level since 2020. My team and others felt three policies of the Vance administration contributed to this. First, the President's trade policies imposed tariffs on American businesses and consumers, and once he got our trading partners to the negotiating table, supply chains had already been disrupted. Negotiations were slow and in some cases, remain ongoing. Secondly, the President froze the H1B Visa program and reduced slots for legal immigration from 120,000 to 100,000. As a result, productivity ground to a halt and businesses had to start layoffs. And third, the return of the deficit coincided with the Federal Reserve bringing the fund's rate from 3% to 2% between January of 2038 and March of 2039, the effects of this started to show up with individuals taking on more debt even as unemployment rose and wages stagnated. During President Biden's second term and the two Whitmer terms, inflation averaged 2.7%. In 2039, inflation rose to 4.5% And the most recent CPI report shows inflation at 4.7%.
BushKerry04

« Reply #44 on: November 29, 2023, 11:20:46 PM »

August 28, 2040: I accept the Democratic nomination for President

“My fellow Democrats, my fellow Americans. Grateful for all my family, community, state, and this great country of ours has given me, motivated by a desire to give back, eager to usher in a new era of freedom and equality, and unyielding in my belief in the American people, I humbly accept the Democratic nomination for President of these United States of America.

I want to begin by thanking volunteers across the country for helping our campaign get to this moment. I am grateful beyond words for your taking the time and utilizing the energy to make phone calls, knock on doors, stuff envelopes, put up lawn signs, and help drive folks to the polls. I also want to thank everyone who donated their hard-earned dollars to this cause, your investment has provided this campaign with the ability to compete. To Ying Lee, Nicole Giordano, Amir Gaines, and everyone who is a part my hard working and dedicated campaign team, I say thank you for your expertise, work ethic, and professionalism. To all of my friends, neighbors, and constituents in Pennsylvania, I thank you for your steadfast support, trust, and for always having my back.

To my parents, I thank you for your example and for instilling in me values that have served me well. Serve others, tell the truth, and always do the right thing. I love you and thank you for supporting me in all of my endeavors.

And to my wife Rachel Cohen, I love you more than words can describe. You make me a better person every day, and you inspire me with your volunteerism, advocacy, and passion for economics and teaching. You accomplish so much, inspire so many, and always stand up for what you believe is right. I know you'll make a tremendous first lady with your empathy, intellect, and grace.

Let me say to voters across the country who participated in the primary or caucus process, I thank you for your kindness, hospitality, and consideration.

My friend Tammy Duckworth is going to make a great Vice President of the United States. Every time our country has called on her to serve, she has answered that call. Lieutenant Colonel. Department of Veterans Affairs leader. Congresswoman. Senator. A proud mother, wife, daughter, and sister. I’ve known her for a decade, and consider her a personal friend. Tammy Duckworth will bring experience, integrity, intellect, and compassion to the Vice Presidency. I want to thank her and her family for joining us on this journey.  

I want to thank my friend, Congressman Ro Khanna, for that great speech the other night. You have been steadfast in your commitment to the things you believe in, which is why millions of progressives across the country voted for you. I want to thank Congressman Khanna, Senator Kristen Gillibrand, Secretary Stephanie Murphy, Senator Brian Schatz, and all of the other candidates for making me a better candidate by creating a robust, policy-oriented debate during the primary season. I look forward to working with you.

And let me say to Presidents Whitmer, Biden, Obama, Clinton, and Vice Presidents Rice, Harris, and Gore that I am extraordinarily grateful for your service, guidance, and support in this campaign. I’d be remiss if I didn’t thank President Whitmer for that nomination speech. I’m proud to call you a friend and am grateful to have had the chance to work with you and your administration to deliver results for the American people.  

My friends, this is a moment of economic challenge. All across our country, people are struggling to find work, pay the bills, and provide for their families. Businesses are having difficulty making payroll, workers are taking home less, and those on fixed incomes are struggling with higher prices on everything from a loaf of bread to rent and health insurance. At the same time, we are relitigating old debates, seeing an erosion of civil liberties, and moving backward in addressing climate change.

Let me be very clear. I respect the President’s service in uniform and the office that he holds. This campaign shouldn’t be personal, and I refuse to make it so.

But on matters of our records and positions on issues, the President and I are very different. After promising that his regulatory and trade policies would create jobs, we are experiencing the highest inflation and unemployment in 20 years. After promising to be a good steward of our environment, the President has lowered environmental standards and refused to support more green energy jobs by vetoing new incentives. After promising to maintain a balanced federal budget, we now have a $300 billion deficit. And after promising to work on a bipartisan basis for the American people, the President has refused to even consider bipartisan efforts to reform our immigration system, address climate change, and enact tax reform to reduce the deficit.

If he’s re-elected, the President has proposed doubling down on the failed policies of the past four years. He is calling for a tax cut for the wealthiest Americans that he can’t pay for. He will continue raising tariffs on American consumers and businesses. He says he’d repeal the ban on offshore drilling. And if his party controls Congress, he has said he’d repeal the Reproductive Freedom Act.

I have a very different record and detailed proposals to address the challenges we face by advancing freedom and equality for every American.

Before I discuss my vision for the country, I owe it to you to tell you who I am and what I stand for.

I was born in West Chester, Pennsylvania, a community where neighbors respect one another and look out for each other. Growing up, I joined the local bowling league, enjoyed exploring the area’s history and natural habitat, volunteered at a soup kitchen with my synagogue, and later worked summers at the insurance company my Grandfather started. I enrolled at Franklin and Marshall College, where I had the chance to learn and grow. During this time, I became involved in the political process by joining the Young Democrats and supporting local Democratic candidates. In fact, it was at an event for a local candidate where I first met Rachel. It was love at first sight. We dated, married, and settled down just two miles from where I grew up.

I spent the first part of my career in the private sector. Working with a great team, I helped our company acquire new business and serve customers by helping Main Street entrepreneurs and workers mitigate risk. In doing so, I’m proud to have played a role in expanding access to insurance. This experience taught me how businesses operate, and how the real economy works.

When my home county was faced with a projected budget deficit, local leaders asked me to run for County Commissioner. I ran, won, and worked with my colleagues to balance budgets and pay down debt while holding the line on taxes. I later ran for the state legislature and then, the United States Senate.

In the U.S. Senate, I became a leader in promoting economic growth, addressing climate change, and advancing personal freedom. I sponsored the Whitmer economic agenda that cut taxes for working Americans, incentivized the creation of jobs, created the manufacturing jobs credit, and invested in education. I also worked on a bipartisan basis to increase funding for infrastructure and community development grants. I wrote landmark environmental legislation that makes record investments in green jobs, supports environmental justice initiatives here at home and abroad, funds crucial conservation programs, raises water quality standards and makes it easier for property owners to hold polluters liable. And I'm proud to have helped lead efforts to codify a woman's right to choose into federal law, get the Paycheck Fairness Act through the Senate, and pass the John Lewis Voting Rights Act.

As a result of this work, unemployment fell to the lowest level in recorded history, 15 million jobs were created, median income rose by over $4,000, the gender and racial pay gaps were reduced by 50%, carbon emissions fell, education attainment reached a record high, and more Americans obtained health insurance coverage than ever before. At the same time, we were respected in the world, civil rights were strengthened here at home, and the budget was balanced for the first time in over 30 years. All of this is a testament to the hard work and determination of the American people and the strong, transformative leadership of President Gretchen Whitmer.

My experience in the private sector and in government at all levels has prepared me to restore growth to our economy and ensure that prosperity reaches everyone regardless of their gender, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, ability, religion, political affiliation, age, income, or zip code.

Every presidential candidate has an obligation to tell you why they want to be President. I'm running for President because I believe these times demand leadership focused on reversing the failed policies of the past four years and getting important things done for every single American. This is not a time for vagueness or complacency, it is a time for a renewed sense of purpose. I believe that purpose should be to usher in a new era of freedom and equality in America.    

I will work hard to ensure millions of Americans find work, inflation comes down to at least 2% as we move towards a balanced budget, communities that have been left behind for far too long prosper again, our citizens have universal access to health insurance and a decent education, we achieve carbon neutrality by 2050, and we become a measurably more inclusive society.

After four years of deficits, deceit, and economic decline, it's time for us to work together to usher in a new era of prosperity and progress. But prosperity and progress must reach every single American because we have a moral imperative to help our neighbors. And when people have greater financial security, they are able to save, invest for the future, and support businesses and non-profit organizations. During this time of recession and inflation, we have an opportunity to do more than just turn this economy around. We have the chance to build on the technological, environmental, health, and educational innovations of the past several decades in a way that raises the standard of living for all of our citizens. My detailed economic program speaks to these goals as well as the concerns and hopes I hear from people across the country.

I believe that reducing taxes for working people and Main Street, supporting incentives for job creation, improving education and job training, and supporting the safety net while reducing the deficit are essential to creating economic growth that is inclusive and sustainable. My economic agenda will support existing jobs while promoting new ones in emerging industries, such as those related to green energy transformation, advancements in healthcare, robotics, artificial intelligence, and new manufacturing.

By increasing the earned income tax credit, cutting income taxes for those earning less than $150,000, doubling funding for energy assistance, and banning non-compete agreements once and for all, we can save people money and give them more power over their careers.

My plan will also support new hiring incentives, expand SBA loans to those who are underrepresented in the business community, and increase the pass-through tax deduction for small and medium-sized businesses.  

I have also proposed a Main Street Revitalization Fund that will provide funding for communities that have been left behind for far too long. By dedicating a portion of the corporate tax and making an initial deposit into this fund, we can help cities and towns across the nation improve their business districts, attract employers, increase affordable housing stock, and fund critical public services such as law enforcement, school improvement, and green spaces.

An opportunity economy depends on the ability of every student in America to get a good education. For far too long, there has been inequality as to which public schools succeed, which students are able to learn, and who is able to afford higher education. Education isn't just about preparing students for jobs and improving our economy. It's about helping the young and young at heart learn, discover, innovate, and become good citizens. My commitment is to work to ensure every student in America is able to reach their full potential. Additionally, we must support our educators with training and pay them more, because that's what they deserve.

My program will improve our public schools by hiring 100,000 new teachers, double funding for special needs classrooms, offering struggling districts the resources to integrate technology and expand curriculums through remote learning in the classroom, and creating public/private partnerships that support apprenticeship programs. In higher education, whether it be college or trade school, we'll work to reduce the cost of tuition by doubling the number of available Pell Grants, encouraging e-learning, allowing students in high-demand fields to reduce their debt burden through volunteering, providing more research grants, and create a new school lunch program for higher education.  

An economy that serves all of our people must ensure that every single American is healthy; physically, mentally, and financially. I believe access to healthcare is a right to be enjoyed by all, period.

While we have made progress in expanding affordable health insurance coverage over the past 30 years, we must do more to get everyone covered at a price they can afford. I believe that healthcare is a right to be enjoyed by all, not a privileged few. So my promise to you is this. I will ensure working Americans and those on fixed incomes have access to inexpensive or free universal coverage, and we will reduce premiums for the middle class. No one in America will go bankrupt due to medical bills under my watch, and those with preexisting conditions will get the support they deserve and need.

We can do this, by providing Medicaid coverage to everyone earning up to 200% of the federal poverty level.

Expanding subsidies under the Affordable Care Act, creating a fund to ensure no one who is sick has to declare bankruptcy due to medical expenses, encouraging states to cap premiums, and moving towards a payment model that focuses on outcomes will help reduce premiums for millions of Americans.

Additionally, I will work to support programs that provide women with reproductive healthcare, increase access to mental healthcare, and double the number of grants available for research and development. We can achieve this through funding federally qualified health clinics, public-private partnerships, supporting telehealth, utilizing AI, and forgiving medical student loan debt in exchange for clinic hours.

By means testing tax loopholes, imposing a modest tax increase on the very wealthy and multinational corporations, and lifting the payroll tax cap, we can increase the solvency of Social Security and Medicare, fund this economic agenda, and eliminate the deficit in two years. In fact, I have called for reducing the national debt by at least $1 trillion over the next decade.  

The opportunity economy we seek will provide greater upward mobility and financial security for all, including those who have felt ignored for decades. But opportunity without equality is not opportunity at all.

Despite laws on the books protecting the civil rights of all of our people, far too often, women, people of color, our lgbt brothers and sisters, those with different abilities, and religious minorities still face discrimination.

I have spoken out against intolerance and discrimination for my entire life. My parents taught me at a young age that bigotry and discrimination are wrong, and every single person should be judged by who they are, not their background or where they are from. If I’m elected President, I’ll continue to speak out forcefully and unequivocally in favor of tolerance, acceptance, and peace. A President must represent the moral conscience of a nation, and as a great nation, we have a responsibility to confront injustice.

I’m ready to lead America towards a new era in which we work together to confront the injustices of the past and correct them. Social justice is not just a slogan, it is a matter of morality, and it speaks to the very essence of who we are. I am guided by a belief in natural rights, that everyone has inherent worth and deserves to be treated with respect. I will continue to stand up for civil rights and civil liberties if elected President.

To this end, I have proposed amending the Civil Rights Act of 1964 to formally include our lgbt brothers and sisters, sweeping voting rights legislation that will help victims of voter suppression efforts and legislation to enhance medical privacy as it relates to reproductive healthcare. I have always stood up for a woman’s right to choose, and I always will. And I'm determined to campaign for ratification of the Equal Rights Amendment because women are deserving of formal and equal recognition in our Constitution. It is a damn shame this has to be said in 2040.  

When President Whitmer signed the Paycheck Fairness Act, we celebrated it as the most comprehensive equal pay law since the original Equal Pay Act of 1963. With so many of you, I was proud to play a role in helping get that legislation onto the President’s desk. We have made measurable progress on pay equity, but we have more work to do. That’s why I’ve proposed record funding for wage audits, universal pay transparency, and increasing penalties for those who engage in pay discrimination.

Another pledge I make to you is to get us back on track to being carbon neutral by 2050. I believe that confronting climate change, ensuring we have clean air and water, and preservation are a matter of public health, morality, and key to our economic well-being. My plan taxes polluters and provides incentives to help make American homes and businesses carbon-neutral and more resilient to the impacts of climate change. It preserves more open space, invests in reforestation, helps utility providers get to 100% green energy while saving consumers money, supports green agriculture, and ensures we do a better job cleaning up pollution in our air and water. This plan will not only reduce our carbon footprint, it will also create new, high-paying jobs while developing innovative technologies.

Being commander-in-chief requires sound judgment, the ability to make tough decisions, and experience. I’ve gone overseas on trade missions, met with our military leadership, spent time with our troops, and had the chance to serve on the Senate Foreign Relations Committee. I understand the world and America’s place in it. America must always have a strong military, strong alliances, and be a leader in world affairs without policing the world. We must trade freely with our allies and safeguard the interests of our workers, every human, and the environment. We must be welcoming to immigrants who strengthen our culture, communities, and economy. And we must support our veterans, which is why I have proposed a historic expansion of the G.I. bill.

I believe in the freedom of every American, regardless of their background, to have the ability to earn a decent living, afford necessities we all rely on, live in a safe neighborhood, breathe clean air, drink clean water, and make decisions about their own lives so long as they don’t adversely impact others. And I believe in equality of opportunity in employment, housing, justice, the environment, healthcare, and every aspect of our society.

I am proud to be the nominee of a Democratic Party with a platform that speaks to these ideals and voters who embrace them. As a young activist, county commissioner, state legislator, and now in the United States Senate, I have always stood up for the core principles of our party. But I've also reached across the aisle and forged consensus. As President, I will always stand up for what I believe in and stay true to the promises I make. I will also work with anyone who is willing to work with me, regardless of partisan affiliation. I will make a concerted effort to reach across the aisle because we are all Americans. Our concerns and hopes aren't blue or red, they are human. They are American.

So tonight, I invite Independents and Republicans to join our effort to advance freedom and equality in America. Join us as we seek to make sure our economy works for everyone, all Americans have a place in our society, and as we seek to reclaim our leadership position in the world.

In every place I've been, in every job I've held, and in every campaign I've run, I showed up, listened to everyone, and worked with stakeholders to advance a goal to benefit those I've served. Listening. Learning. Doing. That is the kind of President I will be. I am not perfect, nor do I have all of the answers. But what I do offer you is proven leadership, fresh ideas, and the ability to bring people together to get things done.

But please know, this campaign isn't about me. It is about you, it's about our country. I am asking for your vote because I want to give voice to the voiceless and get to work solving problems that impact you every day.

Thank you, God bless you, and may God continue to bless the United States of America."  

P. Clodius Pulcher did nothing wrong
razze
Junior Chimp
Cuba

Political Matrix
E: -6.52, S: -4.96

« Reply #45 on: December 01, 2023, 01:02:50 PM »

I'd vote for you!
BushKerry04

« Reply #46 on: December 04, 2023, 08:41:19 PM »

Thank you, that is very nice of you to say. I really appreciate it.
BushKerry04

« Reply #47 on: December 25, 2023, 08:57:05 PM »

September 5, 2040: Competing Conventions & State of Play

For the most part, my team and I feel good about our numbers from the convention. In terms of viewership, we came out the clear winners. On average, 25 million Americans tuned in to watch the DNC during prime time, compared to 23 million for the Republicans. Senator Tammy Duckworth's vice presidential acceptance speech set a record, 45 million people tuned in. 42.5 million Americans tuned in to watch me accept the Democratic presidential nomination. President Vance had a respectable 40 million Americans watch his acceptance speech, but Vice President Cruz only drew an audience of 37.5 million for his. We also won in terms of the keynote address; 30 million Americans tuned in to Congressman Khanna's address at the DNC, versus 25 million who did the same for Congressman John James' RNC address. Between 39 and 42 million Americans tuned in to watch Barack Obama, Gretchen Whitmer, Michelle Obama, Mallory McMorrow, LeBron James, Eva Longoria, Kal Penn, and Pete Buttigeig address delegates. On the GOP side, only two speakers came close to that: 35 million Americans tuned in to watch Kid Rock and Lee Zeldin address delegates.

In terms of fundraising, this is an area where things are a bit more even. In the week after the RNC, President Vance's campaign raised $17 million, we raised $15 million. However, our average contribution was $25, compared to $50 for the President. At present, we have $70 million cash on hand, compared to the President's $75 million.

In polling, we are doing well. Prior to the RNC, I led the President, 48%-43%, in Politico's polling average. After the RNC, that narrowed to 45%-44%. Now, we are ahead, 49%-39%. Of the eight states that are considered toss-ups, I now lead in seven (Wisconsin, Minnesota, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas, New Mexico, Nevada) while the President maintains his lead in Ohio. In terms of getting to 270 electoral votes, my team and I see a few different paths with varying degrees of risk. The easiest and most obvious path for us is to look at Andy Beshear’s performance in 2036 and flip Wisconsin and/or Minnesota. We also like this strategy because it would enable us to flip a few Republican congressional districts if we ran up the score, particularly in Minnesota. However, another strategy was to focus on flipping texas. Texas had gotten far more competitive in recent presidential cycles; it went for Katie Britt over Gretchen Whitmer by a 51%-48% margin in 2028, President Whitmer won the state with 53% of the vote in her landslide re-election campaign, but then the Vance/Cruz ticket carried it by 75,000 votes. By comparison, they carried Wisconsin by 20,000 votes and Minnesota by less than 10,000 votes. In order to win the Lone Star State, we’d have to spend more money in a state that wasn’t as close as Minnesota and Wisconsin. Of course, the upside would be huge; more than double the electoral votes than Minnesota and Wisconin combined, plus there are more competitive congressional districts there. As it were, we felt great about Minnesota but felt Wisconsin would be a complete toss-up. In the midterm elections of 2038, Democratic congressional candidates won 53% of the vote in Minnesota, versus 49.5% in Wisconsin (compared to 49.4% for Republicans).

In the end, we decided on a third strategy. We would focus our efforts on seven states, with special focus on four. Our special focus would be on Minnesota, Wisconsin, Michigan, and Indiana. Indiana would be our gamble. The state has always been Republican, but we’ve seen cracks in that in the past three elections. In 2028, President Whitmer lost the state in the closest race there since Barack Obama pulled an upset victory there in 2008; she lost by just 40,000 votes. Four years later, Whitmer carried Indiana by a 51%-48% margin. In 2036, President Vance won the state by a 52%-47% margin. We saw potential in Indiana for a few reasons. First, the Indianapolis area has seen tremendous growth in recent decades. Young, college-educated voters from rural Indiana, Iowa, and western Ohio have been flocking to the area for jobs, and they have been voting Democratic. Secondly, the the media market in Indiana is inexpensive next to the toss-up states of texas and Ohio. And third, Indiana has the 10th highest inflation rate in America over the past year. The only negative of this strategy is, Indiana only has 2 congressional districts that we can make competitive enough to flip in favor of the Democrats. President Vance is looking to recreate his 2036 map, plus he’s making a play in Michigan. Michigan went for President Whitmer by 20% in 2028, 24% in 2032, but then President Vance held Andy Beshear to a 53%-46% victory in 2036. The Vance campaign feels my positions on free trade and immigration are tough sells there, though our polling shows voters there are evenly divided on trade and support my position on immigration over the President’s, 47%-45%. 

BushKerry04

« Reply #48 on: January 07, 2024, 09:12:45 PM »

September 15, 2040: Debate Prep
Ahead of three presidential debates, I increased the amount of time I would spend in debate prep. Nicole, Ying, Amir, Nancy, Clark, and Rachel all were present and provided feedback in terms of the substance and style of what I was saying. Robert Handleman, a political consultant from Michigan who had helped President Whitmer prepare for her debates in 2028 and 2032, led the debate prep. My friend Senator Cory Booker of New Jersey played the role of the President during debate prep. Expectations of the debate were that it would be an evenly-matched debate. President Vance is widely viewed as being relatable and concise. I'm viewed as a disciplined communicator who shows an understanding of issues, though I've also been accused of being overly wonky.

BushKerry04

« Reply #49 on: January 10, 2024, 07:28:13 PM »

October 5, 2040: First Debate:

Moderator: The state of the economy has become a dominant issue in this campaign. Both of you have accused the other of supporting inflationary policies and blame each other for the nation's current economic conditions. What is your plan to help Americans find work, and why are you the better candidate on the economy?

Vance: I understand how challenging things are, and I am taking these challenges on because I remember where I came from and understand the impact of economic downturns on communities across the country. I am proud to have signed bipartisan tax relief into law and rolled back burdensome regulations. I'm also proud that we are taking on corporate cronyism, winning important concessions on trade, and supporting farmers and ranchers. Our efforts are paying off. Unemployment has come down for three months in a row, wages are rising again, and the cost of energy has declined over the past year. We are moving in the right direction. Senator Cohen voted for trade agreements that led to the outsourcing of jobs and a decline in productivity here at home, and that's why I say he is responsible for the current levels of inflation and unemployment. Senator Cohen also led the effort in the United States Senate in favor of Federal Reserve officials who increased interest rates, making it more expensive for folks to access capital. He even voted against legislation requiring companies to label their products as Made in the USA and certifying that to be true. Voters have a choice in this election. Senator Cohen is an establishment politician, I'm someone who has stood up for workers and everyday Americans.

Cohen: The President increased tariffs, backed protectionist legislation, turned away folks looking to come to our country legally, and funded corporate handouts which added to the deficit. These policies increased consumer prices, made our economy less productive, caused a massive misallocation of resources, and therefore helped cause an increase in both inflation and unemployment. After years of investing in fossil-fuel companies and the outsourcing of jobs, the President entered politics and has since pretended to stand up for ordinary Americans. He doesn't understand how Main Street or the economy works. I do, and that's why I'm the better candidate in this election. I've worked in the real economy on Main Street and have a record of delivering on tax cuts, economic development, green jobs, and manufacturing incentives. My economic program will reduce taxes for 98% of Americans and Main Street by cutting income taxes, doubling the earned income tax credit for working people, and increasing the pass-through deduction for small and medium-sized firms. My plan will also fund job incentives including expanding those for green energy and manufacturing, workforce development programs, education, and a Main Street Revitalization Fund to help encourage investment in struggling communities. By means-testing tax loopholes and having a modest tax increase on millionaires, we can fund this program while paying down debt. 

Moderator: Both of you claim that your respective healthcare plans will lower the cost of health insurance. Still, healthcare costs have increased by 30% over the past decade, while insurance premiums are only 25% higher. How can you lower insurance premiums for Americans without dramatically altering the relationship between government and insurance?

Cohen: My healthcare plan does change the relationship between the federal government and insurance companies in some very fundamental ways. First, we are going to provide insurance coverage under Medicaid for those earning up to 200% of the federal poverty level. Folks are free to opt-out of Medicaid, so the insurance companies will have to lower premiums to compete. For the middle class, my plan expands existing subsidies that have already been successful in keeping premium increases to the rate of inflation. I want to lower premiums and keep increases in check. Struggling hospitals, clinics, and non-profit entities including those offering comprehensive women's healthcare services are going to get their first increase in funding in four years under my plan, and we'll keep pace with inflation on future increases. One of the reasons costs are increasing more than premiums is, we have a payment system encouraged by the federal government that focuses on billing per-visit, I want to change that to a system that focuses on positive outcomes for patients and having services under one roof. The President stood on a debate stage four years ago and said he'd be open to bipartisan reform. Where is the reform, Mr. President? During the Whitmer administration, premium increases averaged 1.8%. Over the past four years, they've averaged over 3%. You've failed, I'm ready to lead.

Vance: Senator Cohen believes that the federal government should have a larger role in healthcare, I believe that we need to empower the private sector. That means working with states to remove barriers to entry for insurance companies so competition can increase, encouraging insurance companies to offer lower-cost plans, and increasing the tax deductibility of insurance. Now, my opponent and I differ on one point here. Senator Cohen wants to create a new healthcare entitlement that says if you earn up to a certain level, you get low or no cost insurance. He's willing to raise taxes on businesses to pay for it. I have a very different view, I think we should preserve Medicaid and make sure people can get covered, but we shouldn't move towards any kind of single-payer healthcare system. Again, he keeps bringing up these inflation numbers as if I came to office and all of the sudden, inflation went up. Premiums increased by 2.5% in 2033. They increased by 3.2% in 2035. During my first year in office, premiums rose just 1%, the lowest increase in a decade. Where were you, Senator, when premiums increased so dramatically in 2033 and 2035? The reality is, these are market forces and we need to encourage market forces to contain costs.

Moderator: Both of you have very different opinions about how to address climate change. What are the specifics of your approach, and why do you believe it's a better approach than that of your opponent?

Cohen: Growing up, my parents taught me to care for the world around me, including the natural environment. From the time I joined the local Sierra Club in college, I have been deeply concerned with and engaged in environmental protection. Rachel and I have worked on promoting a green energy economy in our respective careers. We are greatly concerned about this administration's weakening environmental standards and opposition to expanding green incentives that will lead to millions of new jobs. I'm proud to have written the Environmental Protection and Justice Act in the United States Senate, as President I'll build on that act by expanding green incentives for green energy and helping people have more efficient homes and businesses. The plan I've put forth also increases research and development related to green energy and the natural environment, helps farmers invest in sustainability, conserves 50 million acres of land, increases funding for environmental justice programs which I also increased under the law I wrote, and helps communities hold polluters accountable. We can afford to accomplish all of this and increase energy assistance programs by taxing pollution. The President has failed to lead on the environment, my plan will get us to carbon neutrality by 2050 while saving you money.

Vance: My administration has enforced every environmental law on the books, but we refuse to compromise our economy for the purpose of some green agenda that won't yield the kind of results proponents say it will. Senator Cohen and his liberal allies in Congress want a $1.2 trillion tax increase on American businesses, which will inevitably be paid by consumers. He's not just taxing pollution, he's taxing your food, cars, and medicine. My administration has kept in place green incentives supported by the Whitmer administration, I vetoed an effort by the far left to expand those incentives while raising taxes on American businesses. Senator Cohen voted for that legislation. So let me be clear, I believe the free market has done a good job of encouraging greater adoption of green energy. We'll continue to support incentives. I don't believe it is the role of government to force the market to produce a given amount of energy from a single or multiple sources. Perhaps the biggest difference between us in this regard is natural gas. I believe in fracking, natural gas is essential to lowering emissions without lowering economic growth. Over the past decade, carbon capture technologies have made a real difference in helping us consume affordable energy without a sizable increase in emissions. So my administration will continue to enforce laws on the books while letting markets work.

Pages: 1 [2] 3  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies