Who won?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 25, 2024, 09:19:08 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2004 U.S. Presidential Election
  Who won?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Poll
Question: ?
Bush trounced Kerry

Bush, but not big

Draw

Kerry, but not big

Kerry trounced Bush

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 73

Author Topic: Who won?  (Read 7736 times)
Fmr. Gov. NickG
NickG
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -8.00, S: -3.49

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: October 08, 2004, 10:45:58 PM »

Kerry 'won' because he again came across as more responsible, reasonable, and presidential than Bush.  Bush defended himself better than in the last debate, but nevertheless was on the defensive throughout. 

I will say Bush does much better with cheap shots and misrepresentations - Kerry actually seems commited to answering the questions.  Admirable, but not useful in winning over the typical voter.

How many times did Kerry make the audience laugh? Never. Bush is more likeable and therefore will win. I still stand by 350 EVs for Bush.

Do you think Cheney or Edwards won the VP debate?  I think this debate was somewhat of a mirror image. 
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix
E: 7.61, S: 0.00

« Reply #26 on: October 08, 2004, 10:47:31 PM »

Kerry 'won' because he again came across as more responsible, reasonable, and presidential than Bush.  Bush defended himself better than in the last debate, but nevertheless was on the defensive throughout. 

I will say Bush does much better with cheap shots and misrepresentations - Kerry actually seems commited to answering the questions.  Admirable, but not useful in winning over the typical voter.

How many times did Kerry make the audience laugh? Never. Bush is more likeable and therefore will win. I still stand by 350 EVs for Bush.

Do you think Cheney or Edwards won the VP debate?  I think this debate was somewhat of a mirror image. 

Cheney crucified Edwards.
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #27 on: October 08, 2004, 10:48:25 PM »

you also think Bush won the first debate.
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix

« Reply #28 on: October 08, 2004, 10:50:09 PM »

you also think Bush won the first debate.

Bush won on the issues but lost on the style. Bush made the audience laugh this time around. Kerry only told one bad bad joke.

got wood?
bgwah
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.03, S: -6.96

« Reply #29 on: October 08, 2004, 10:51:01 PM »

Bush made me laugh. But I was laughing AT him, not WITH him.

I was laughing because he's...well, stupid.

What a baby, he can't even play by the rules. The republicans say he had "style" becuase he broke the rules, like interrupting the moderator and just talking about what he wanted to.

He got owned on the timber thing even though turned it into a joke. Just like he turned America's reputation into a joke.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #30 on: October 08, 2004, 10:51:20 PM »

No, you specifically said "Bush won handidly" which implies he won in every area.
Smash255
Atlas Icon

« Reply #31 on: October 08, 2004, 10:53:55 PM »

Kerry won the debate, but fairly close, not nearly as big as the last one.

Both did well with their bases, both bases will be happy.  I think Kerry did better with the independents & moderates because Bush seemed to harp too much on WMD, especially considering the report released yesterday
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #32 on: October 08, 2004, 10:54:46 PM »

Kerry

Interrupting someone when they're asking a question, and making a big deal trying to say your opponent was lying about $84, when he was right,  is pretty lame.

Kerry kicked ass when talking about drugs.
Fmr. Gov. NickG
NickG
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #33 on: October 08, 2004, 10:55:07 PM »

But when did Cheney make you laugh?
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix

« Reply #34 on: October 08, 2004, 10:56:02 PM »

Prettyboy Edwards made me laugh with his deer in the headlights look.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #35 on: October 08, 2004, 10:56:20 PM »

Yeah he was so "stupid" that he graduated from Yale. Don't you guys get tired of this "Bush is dumb!" stuff? I mean...the guy stumbles on a word here and there and you are rolling on the floor laughing hysterically. Pretty pathetic.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #36 on: October 08, 2004, 10:57:02 PM »

anyone can get into Yale when your daddy's an alumni with big bucks.
Fmr. Gov. NickG
NickG
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #37 on: October 08, 2004, 10:58:33 PM »

Prettyboy Edwards made me laugh with his deer in the headlights look.

I would agree that Cheney crucified Edwards in the sense that Cheney looked like Pontius Pilate.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #38 on: October 08, 2004, 10:59:16 PM »

anyone can get into Yale when your daddy's an alumni with big bucks.

Yeah he might have gotten in through connections but he didn't stay there through connections. Example: Ted Kennedy was kicked out and his family had money and power.
J. J.
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #39 on: October 08, 2004, 10:59:47 PM »

This is just SO typical. Bush doesn't do as badly as last time and thus everybody says he trounced Kerry. Give me break!

I believe, even though I am a Bush supporter, that it really won't make a difference.  Bush "won" and will get a bounce; it might actually last a week.  
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix

« Reply #40 on: October 08, 2004, 10:59:55 PM »

Ted Kennedy killed a woman and got out of it because of his connections BRTD.
bgwah
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #41 on: October 08, 2004, 11:06:57 PM »

Yeah he was so "stupid" that he graduated from Yale. Don't you guys get tired of this "Bush is dumb!" stuff? I mean...the guy stumbles on a word here and there and you are rolling on the floor laughing hysterically. Pretty pathetic.

What were his grades, C average?

He is stupid. Or perhaps I just incorrectly learned how to pronounce the words "nuk-u-lar" and "murk-erry."
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix

« Reply #42 on: October 08, 2004, 11:09:04 PM »

He is stupid. Or perhaps I just incorrectly learned how to pronounce the words "nuk-u-lar" and "murk-erry."

I bet you couldn't get a 'C' average at Yale.
A18
Atlas Star
Political Matrix
E: 9.23, S: -6.35

« Reply #43 on: October 08, 2004, 11:09:52 PM »

I bet he couldn't get a D average at Yale
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #44 on: October 08, 2004, 11:17:37 PM »

C average....at Yale! Anywhere else that's pretty good. And you want to talk about mispronouncing words? How about John Kerry's "Lambert" field statements. Maybe you don't know but Kerry was referring to the stadium where the Green Bay Packers play - Lambeau Field. But he's not stupid right?
AuH2O
YaBB God

« Reply #45 on: October 08, 2004, 11:21:25 PM »

Kerry had an incredible pedigree and went to Boston College law school, which indicates it's unlikely his GPA was too stellar. Otherwise he would have gone to Harvard law.
bgwah
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #46 on: October 08, 2004, 11:23:17 PM »

I bet I could. But I can't blame Bush. After all, he IS a southerner. Expecting him to be intelligent is asking a lot. Wink
J. J.
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #47 on: October 08, 2004, 11:24:12 PM »

What about Kerry's "Idears."
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix

« Reply #48 on: October 08, 2004, 11:24:54 PM »

I bet I could. But I can't blame Bush. After all, he IS a southerner. Expecting him to be intelligent is asking a lot. Wink

Talk a long walk into a hot Mount Saint Helens.
J. J.
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #49 on: October 08, 2004, 11:27:30 PM »

Talk a long walk into a hot Mount Saint Helens.

Remind me to tell you why I can't go to Mississippi someday.
Pages: 1 [2] 3  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies