Update
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 27, 2024, 04:50:19 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Update
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18
Author Topic: Update  (Read 59255 times)
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #400 on: July 26, 2009, 11:26:40 PM »

LOL. Like that will ever happen.
phk
phknrocket1k
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 1.42, S: -1.22

« Reply #401 on: July 26, 2009, 11:51:05 PM »

What the f***  is this sh**t?
Platypus
hughento
Atlas Star
Australia

« Reply #402 on: July 27, 2009, 12:03:06 AM »

Duke=less with it than BuskOK
Bacon King
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.63, S: -9.49

« Reply #403 on: July 27, 2009, 12:34:15 AM »

Sorry to hear about you losing your Asian mistress, Duke. She sounds like someone that is too wishy-washy with what she wants to actually have as a girlfriend. Sometimes it is better to just put badly ended relationships like that behind you. Though I must admit I do look forward to reading the impending facebook drama!

Ironically enough, my relationship actually just ended as well! For the past month she had been getting more and more distant and was starting to be kind of a b!tch. Not to go too much into detail uninvited, but things in the relationship were starting to get really annoying and I was just trying to weather it all, be nice and hope it would all improve when we went back to school together. On Saturday though I finally built up the courage to kindly tell her to fsck off, and I feel much better because of it.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #404 on: July 27, 2009, 12:42:10 AM »

Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #405 on: July 27, 2009, 12:47:14 AM »
« Edited: July 27, 2009, 12:48:45 AM by AHDuke99 »

Sorry to hear about you losing your Asian mistress, Duke. She sounds like someone that is too wishy-washy with what she wants to actually have as a girlfriend. Sometimes it is better to just put badly ended relationships like that behind you. Though I must admit I do look forward to reading the impending facebook drama!

Ironically enough, my relationship actually just ended as well! For the past month she had been getting more and more distant and was starting to be kind of a b!tch. Not to go too much into detail uninvited, but things in the relationship were starting to get really annoying and I was just trying to weather it all, be nice and hope it would all improve when we went back to school together. On Saturday though I finally built up the courage to kindly tell her to fsck off, and I feel much better because of it.

I've decided to hold off on the assault for now. My friend spoke with her tonight and while she is pissed, she is apparently having doubts about her new crush on the pothead skater boy. I'm definitely in the dog house, but time sometimes heals wounds. I'll never date her, but I will come out as the better man in the end.

I'll wait for school to start and send her an apology letter in some form regardless of what she is doing with this other trashbag. She can do what she wants with it, but I will look like the better guy in this whole ordeal. It's possible she'll still come around and we can still be friends. We do have a lot in common regardless of if we ever date for real (other than hooking up) or not.

I can be a real prick, but I also know how to apologize and admit when I am wrong. To be honest, my family has been in shambles this summer with my sister really f**king up, and I probably lashed out at her out of frustration for that matter. She was still acting like a bitch about it too, though. That didn't help matters.
Bacon King
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #406 on: July 27, 2009, 12:56:26 AM »

I've decided to hold off on the assault for now. My friend spoke with her tonight and while she is pissed, she is apparently having doubts about her new crush on the pothead skater boy. I'm definitely in the dog house, but time sometimes heals wounds. I'll never date her, but I will come out as the better man in the end.

I'll wait for school to start and send her an apology letter in some form regardless of what she is doing with this other trashbag. She can do what she wants with it, but I will look like the better guy in this whole ordeal. It's possible she'll still come around and we can still be friends. We do have a lot in common regardless of if we ever date for real (other than hooking up) or not.

I can be a real prick, but I also know how to apologize and admit when I am wrong. To be honest, my family has been in shambles this summer with my sister really f**king up, and I probably lashed out at her out of frustration for that matter. She was still acting like a bitch about it too, though. That didn't help matters.

The apology letter does seem to be a smart decision. Sorry to hear about your family and everything too; I understand how that can complicate your feelings towards the girl as well. But best of luck with the entire situation! As a bit of advice, though, just remember not to be too hasty if you feel the need to confront her or whatever. Waiting things out helps a lot with being rational.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #407 on: July 27, 2009, 01:01:49 AM »

The apology letter does seem to be a smart decision. Sorry to hear about your family and everything too; I understand how that can complicate your feelings towards the girl as well. But best of luck with the entire situation! As a bit of advice, though, just remember not to be too hasty if you feel the need to confront her or whatever. Waiting things out helps a lot with being rational.

Well, I was going to completely blow things out of the water, but I understand I need to wait on things. I will not do anything for another month. We go back to school August 26, so  it will be over 4 weeks before I'll say anything at all. I'm not quite sure how to send the apology letter though. In the past I've done flowers, but the girls at school are somewhat different than the girls I deal with here. I want to the whole thing to say "I don't particularly want to date you, but I don't want it to end the way it did either" without seeming too much. I suppose I'll mention my family woes as well. She isn't listening to anything I am saying now, and I'm pretty much blowing off anything she says too.
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: -0.70

« Reply #408 on: July 27, 2009, 04:49:22 AM »

My sum-up: Duke had an Asian mistress he was stringing along and planning to dump shortly. She realized this and dumped him first. He got mad and wanted revenge.

Glad to see you were able to act like a more adult person there in the end.
Nym90
nym90
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -2.96

P P P

« Reply #409 on: July 27, 2009, 07:13:01 PM »

Duke is clearly making all of this up just to mock BushOK.

Just FYI, in case anyone wasn't sure.
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: 9.16, S: -3.13

« Reply #410 on: July 27, 2009, 07:24:11 PM »

Yeah, I can't believe anyone was honestly buying Duke's story, although the fact that some people bought it made it more hilarious
TeePee4Prez
Flyers2004
Atlas Icon

« Reply #411 on: July 27, 2009, 07:36:12 PM »

Yeah, I can't believe anyone was honestly buying Duke's story, although the fact that some people bought it made it more hilarious

Never thought he'd go for an Asian who likes sk8ter boys/potheads.  Thought he was into the high strung prissy bleach blonde Southern sorority type.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #412 on: July 27, 2009, 07:48:50 PM »

Actually this story was true....

This is an Asian sorority girl. It was such a change for me because I am normally into the prissy southern girls. This girl is basically white though. She listens to country music and wears your typical southern flare. I guess that's why I liked her, but I was always trying to justify it.

This is why I was so afraid to ever date her anyway, but I can't stand being picked second to some trash scum (if that is the case). It's now about principle, not about whether I actually like her anymore. I can't lose this battle to some druggie. I guess Asians are different than white girls are after all.

This isn't made up at all. It's really bizarre though. I doubt anything will happen though between now and late August. It will either end with me being the bigger man or me humiliating her. Stay tuned!
Countess Anya of the North Parish
cutie_15
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.39, S: -4.35

« Reply #413 on: July 27, 2009, 07:52:29 PM »

anyone who listens to country is cooool.
Sensei
senseiofj324
Atlas Icon
Panama

Political Matrix
E: -2.45, S: -5.57

« Reply #414 on: July 27, 2009, 08:02:23 PM »

This is an Asian sorority girl. It was such a change for me because I am normally into the prissy southern girls. This girl is basically white though. She listens to country music and wears your typical southern flare. I guess that's why I liked her, but I was always trying to justify it.

This is why I was so afraid to ever date her anyway, but I can't stand being picked second to some trash scum (if that is the case). It's now about principle, not about whether I actually like her anymore. I can't lose this battle to some druggie. I guess Asians are different than white girls are after all.

This isn't made up at all. It's really bizarre though. I doubt anything will happen though between now and late August. It will either end with me being the bigger man or me humiliating her. Stay tuned!
Humiliate! Humiliate!
Bacon King
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #415 on: July 27, 2009, 08:28:58 PM »

to be fair, the thought didn't really even cross my mind, i'm just enjoying this thread becoming even more confusing.
TeePee4Prez
Flyers2004
Atlas Icon

« Reply #416 on: July 27, 2009, 09:47:09 PM »

Lose the battle.  You will be better off.  There is no sense trying to sway this girl's "type".  The jockish/preppy thing you appear to be is probably not it for her.  It's not a good or bad thing, it's just you fit the typical Southern bleach blondes better.  This seems like a case of the "forbidden fruit"- you want what you can't have.  Do you like her or you feel like you lost out to a loser?  Hey, I know the feeling of that too.  One person I went out with I swear her current BF looks like he's 50- grey hair and fatter than I and were the same age!  Plus I saw his MySpace page and his song is some country-religious crap.  She still wasn't worth it because she just clearly isn't my type, but she is beautiful.  I actually thought it was my looks that did it for her, but she seemed to complain about my drinking more.  Don't feel like you're inferior because of this.  She like the sk8ter boi.       
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #417 on: July 28, 2009, 08:25:07 AM »

After this whole thing? No, I really don't particularly like her. I am just a competitive freak and feel the need to come out on top. If her biggest concern is to get all her friends to remove me as Facebook friends (which seems to be all she's been doing), then it's best we never speak again. Did I like her? Of course I did. We have a lot in common. However, she is acting like she's 2 years old right now and it isn't helping matters.

I don't necessarily care if I do lose out to this skater boy because I know who the better man is, but if she wants to live the life he lives, then we were never right in the first place. He certainly won't spend days shopping with her for designer clothes. He'll be more interested in getting high. It's likely I'll lose interest in this in the next 4 weeks anyway, so humiliating her may not come to pass. I'm already less concerned about it and it's only been a few days. If I see her around campus, though, I may want to reinitiate the battle.
TeePee4Prez
Flyers2004
Atlas Icon

« Reply #418 on: July 28, 2009, 02:53:03 PM »

After this whole thing? No, I really don't particularly like her. I am just a competitive freak and feel the need to come out on top. If her biggest concern is to get all her friends to remove me as Facebook friends (which seems to be all she's been doing), then it's best we never speak again. Did I like her? Of course I did. We have a lot in common. However, she is acting like she's 2 years old right now and it isn't helping matters.

I don't necessarily care if I do lose out to this skater boy because I know who the better man is, but if she wants to live the life he lives, then we were never right in the first place. He certainly won't spend days shopping with her for designer clothes. He'll be more interested in getting high. It's likely I'll lose interest in this in the next 4 weeks anyway, so humiliating her may not come to pass. I'm already less concerned about it and it's only been a few days. If I see her around campus, though, I may want to reinitiate the battle.

The more you feed into her, the more she'll phuck with you.  Let her drown with skater boy.  I know your pride's been hurt and you think this guy's a zero, but sometimes women love the thrill of being with zeros.  There are days I'll think I'd get women more with a prison record than where I currently am.  Hey, conjugal visits! Tongue  At least you're a "type" being a preppy.  I'm really nothing.  I'm not a jock. I'm not a thug.  I'm not emo.  I guess part nerd, part jock would be my thing.     
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #419 on: July 28, 2009, 04:23:06 PM »

The more you feed into her, the more she'll phuck with you.  Let her drown with skater boy.  I know your pride's been hurt and you think this guy's a zero, but sometimes women love the thrill of being with zeros.  There are days I'll think I'd get women more with a prison record than where I currently am.  Hey, conjugal visits! Tongue  At least you're a "type" being a preppy.  I'm really nothing.  I'm not a jock. I'm not a thug.  I'm not emo.  I guess part nerd, part jock would be my thing.     

That's my intention. When I was told that she already is having doubts about this skater boy even before they've had a first date, I felt somewhat better. I know they share nothing in common, so she may be just trying to live out the fantasy she told me about with a skater boy.

The thing is that she can't really f**k with me. We share like two mutual friends and  they are both on my side. Removing her friends from my Facebook isn't exactly upsetting me, although I do find it hilarious that that is her most potent line of defense. Perhaps she didn't want them finding out some of the things she's told me if I did go out and air out the laundry? I don't know. But I am leaving her alone for at least 4 weeks. By that time, she'll have cooled down enough to be sensible again.

The strangest thing was that she wasn't upset that I called her and the skater boy and his friends trash, but that I threatened to air out dirty laundry. Does she know they are trash? I'd be more upset over that than anything else. I'm going to keep trying to get her roommate on my side since she responded positively to my first message I sent her way.
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #420 on: July 30, 2009, 06:03:43 AM »

We can't let this thread die!

OK, here is my update:

Australian airport security: WTF?  For domestic flights, you don't even have to show any ID.  Ever.  As in, you go to the airport, enter on the computer screen your name and destination, and they give you your tickets.  You never have to show any ID whatsoever.  Anyone who knew where I was going could go to the airport early and steal my ticket.

On the flip side, when you're going out of town, you can't enter the form to have your mail held online, like in the US.  You have to go to the post office in person and show ID!  Australians, I'm sorry to tell you this, but your security priorities are a bit messed up.
Lunar
Atlas Superstar
Ireland, Republic of
« Reply #421 on: July 30, 2009, 06:09:33 AM »

A related update to Mr. Morden's update:

I'm going to try and learn Javanese!  Or, as an Australian furniture exporter/counter-terrorism language trainer told me last week, "a bloody difficult language"

The only thing I can do now in the language though is order another beer and say thank you when it comes.
ilikeverin
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Timor-Leste

« Reply #422 on: July 30, 2009, 11:20:51 AM »

Grin language.
Platypus
hughento
Atlas Star
Australia

« Reply #423 on: July 30, 2009, 11:33:38 AM »

Morden: That's because only Americans get their mail held. We just ask our neighbours to collect it.

Lunar: Why bother? Bahasa is easy to learn and universally spoken

My own update: Guy i've known since first year, b/c we have about a gazillion mutual mates, but who i've never really spoken to because he's too dreamy was at a twenty first with me tonight, and I spent far too much time ogling.
Smid
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #424 on: July 30, 2009, 07:11:24 PM »

We can't let this thread die!

OK, here is my update:

Australian airport security: WTF?  For domestic flights, you don't even have to show any ID.  Ever.  As in, you go to the airport, enter on the computer screen your name and destination, and they give you your tickets.  You never have to show any ID whatsoever.  Anyone who knew where I was going could go to the airport early and steal my ticket.

On the flip side, when you're going out of town, you can't enter the form to have your mail held online, like in the US.  You have to go to the post office in person and show ID!  Australians, I'm sorry to tell you this, but your security priorities are a bit messed up.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wcwTSjxWemA
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies