The Atlasian Sentinel (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 04:14:15 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  The Atlasian Sentinel (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: The Atlasian Sentinel  (Read 64123 times)
afleitch
Moderators
Atlas Star

« on: June 22, 2009, 01:32:32 PM »

Vepres, first of all, this paper is excellent. Keep up the good work. Smiley

How do you think all of these controversial votes should be resolved, and who do you think should, and will become the next President?

Personally, I think some in the JCP are trying to win through a technicality, and that PiT won. However, what matters is the legal opinion of the justices, should it get that far. Whatever they decide, the Sentinel will support (however, I personally may not). In the end, I think PiT will win, but we'll have to see.

Electoral laws are not technicalities.
afleitch
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2009, 01:51:15 PM »

Vepres, first of all, this paper is excellent. Keep up the good work. Smiley

How do you think all of these controversial votes should be resolved, and who do you think should, and will become the next President?

Personally, I think some in the JCP are trying to win through a technicality, and that PiT won. However, what matters is the legal opinion of the justices, should it get that far. Whatever they decide, the Sentinel will support (however, I personally may not). In the end, I think PiT will win, but we'll have to see.

Electoral laws are not technicalities.

Nobody doubted their registration until the election turned out to be close.
Ditto
I also question if the same people would be fighting this hard for those votes not to count if the questionable votes had been for Leif, not PiT.

I voted for PiT...and I am challenging the votes.
afleitch
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2009, 12:16:47 PM »

There is a strong chance that the RPP will see all 3 elected. What counts more than anything are 1st and 2nd prefs. With the JCP and the RPP likely to preference their own (understandably) 1, 2 and in the case of the RPP, 3 then it leaves myself and Franzl in a difficult position.
afleitch
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2009, 01:18:45 PM »

I hope that our current PPT gets to keep his job even if the left comes out on top in this election. MasterJedi has done a good job as Senate leader if you ask me.

The RPP is guarenteed to gain at least one seat in this election, so I doubt MasterJedi could possibly be hurt.

That aside, I don't expect any challenge to him should things even remain 'as is'. He holds my support and the support of nearly everyone else too.
afleitch
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2009, 12:35:32 PM »

I heard a rumor of some people wanting to leave the RPP and form a new party.

For some reason I was thinking of that as well.

It was a pretty open discussion yesterday. Don't know what's happened to it now.
afleitch
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #5 on: September 02, 2009, 07:05:49 AM »

I could never imagine that RPP was such an authoritarian political machine. "You would never be Senator without me", "The political machine was behind you", "You don't respect your party". Switch "party" with "family", and you could have the exact phrasing of the mafia.
Rowan Brandon is a free individual, and people who voted for him voted "Rowan Brandon", not "Regional Protection Party". You don't own his seat, he does, and therefore he is free to do whatever he considers right with his political positions.

Bravo!
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies