The Atlasian Sentinel
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 10:00:38 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  The Atlasian Sentinel
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 24 25 ... 30
Author Topic: The Atlasian Sentinel  (Read 64110 times)
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix
E: -6.77, S: 0.61

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #475 on: August 28, 2009, 12:40:56 AM »

It would be nice if this wasn't done behind closed doors, for the sake of the RPP members without private forum access.
Alexander Hamilton
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.58, S: -5.13

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #476 on: August 28, 2009, 12:42:37 AM »

It would be nice if this wasn't done behind closed doors, for the sake of the RPP members without private forum access.

Why?
Purple State
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #477 on: August 28, 2009, 12:43:10 AM »

Why?

Something about transparency in politics just seems so... right.
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -7.39

« Reply #478 on: August 28, 2009, 12:44:46 AM »

Shadowy operating is nothing new for the RPP.
Alexander Hamilton
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #479 on: August 28, 2009, 12:45:07 AM »

Why?

Something about transparency in politics just seems so... right.

In government... yes. Intra-party- no way.
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix
E: -6.77, S: 0.61

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #480 on: August 28, 2009, 12:46:15 AM »

As I recall, your Vice-Chair-designate didn't know there was a private forum until I told him. Decision-making in the RPP is reserved for a small clique.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #481 on: August 28, 2009, 12:53:50 AM »

There is no need to go through a back and forth, Hamilton.

While the RPP board was once very exclusive, it has now been opened up to all members who wish to participate on it. This party can reform, so it would be nice to be given a chance to do so. Of course, I don't expect it.

As for the JCP guys talking about transparency, it's, well, a complete joke. They answer to bgwah just as much as we answered to DWTL, but there isn't a point to pointing fingers. Hamilton, you aren't doing yourself any favors by arguing in circles.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #482 on: August 28, 2009, 12:56:46 AM »

As I recall, your Vice-Chair-designate didn't know there was a private forum until I told him. Decision-making in the RPP is reserved for a small clique.

The reason for that was because of your buddy Ogis, had already gotten in and threatened to spam us. He had just been banned again and then tumuforu showed up. We thought he was another incarnation of Ogis because he was arriving with all these newer, suspicious members. That's why we didn't open the doors to him immediately. None of us want to be spammed.
bgwah
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.03, S: -6.96

« Reply #483 on: August 28, 2009, 01:43:33 AM »

As for the JCP guys talking about transparency, it's, well, a complete joke. They answer to bgwah just as much as we answered to DWTL...

Not really...
Peter
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -0.77, S: -7.48

« Reply #484 on: August 28, 2009, 04:07:39 AM »

You forgot to mention that this is the second national election in a row that we would've won had all of our votes counted. Tongue
Actually thats not true. Even if you count the azmagic and ajc votes, and even if you discount the Einzige vote as well, you still end up with the same characters elected as we do now.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« Reply #485 on: August 28, 2009, 06:52:28 AM »

RPP can only go better without DWTL.
Purple State
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #486 on: August 28, 2009, 09:52:06 AM »

I'll believe it when I see it, but label me a skeptic until then. I can't recall a period when the RPP has done better without DWTL.
Alexander Hamilton
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #487 on: August 28, 2009, 10:33:52 AM »

You forgot to mention that this is the second national election in a row that we would've won had all of our votes counted. Tongue
Actually thats not true. Even if you count the azmagic and ajc votes, and even if you discount the Einzige vote as well, you still end up with the same characters elected as we do now.

No. Fezzy's.
Countess Anya of the North Parish
cutie_15
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.39, S: -4.35

« Reply #488 on: August 28, 2009, 01:56:35 PM »

I heard a rumor of some people wanting to leave the RPP and form a new party.
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: 9.16, S: -3.13

« Reply #489 on: August 28, 2009, 03:51:17 PM »

I'll believe it when I see it, but label me a skeptic until then. I can't recall a period when the RPP has done better without DWTL.
Actually during my abscene we saw the only real downturn of the RPP.  Either way I am confident Duke will do the same things I did as chair but for some reason it makes some people happy so I don't care
Vepres
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #490 on: August 29, 2009, 12:29:23 AM »

The Atlasian Sentinel
Two More Leave the RPP
By Vepres

The departure of Midwest Lt. Governor Vepres and Ben Constine from the RPP was a blow to the party, though certainly not a dramatic game changer as both were relatively moderate. Today, however, two members, Senator Tmthforu94 and Senator-elect RowanBrandon, have followed Vepres' and Ben's lead and left the RPP for the DA. PiT briefly joined them, but then decided to stay in the party.

Both Rowan and Tmthforu94 stated that there reason for leaving was the oligarchic rule of a few members. Apparently they didn't feel like they had enough voice and that the party was far to aggressive towards the other side.

The Senate is now made up of 5 DA members, 2 RPP members, and 3 JCP members. Is this a speed bump on the RPP's path, or is it the beginning of the end for the first strong right-wing party in many years? Only time will tell.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #491 on: August 30, 2009, 07:54:04 AM »

Formidable news. Smiley
Not surprising considering RPP's stances and how it was controlled by DWTL and co... Hoping that grassroots will follow theses two proud Senators.
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #492 on: August 30, 2009, 08:42:02 AM »

Formidable news. Smiley
Not surprising considering RPP's stances and how it was controlled by DWTL and co... Hoping that grassroots will follow theses two proud Senators.
Good job idiot, in case you didn't notice Tmth is back
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #493 on: August 30, 2009, 08:46:55 AM »

Formidable news. Smiley
Good job idiot, in case you didn't notice Tmth is back

Hope it will be enough, because RPP is still going down...
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #494 on: August 30, 2009, 09:00:18 AM »

Yeah the RPP is going down because some guy no one ever heard of said so!  Better book because I think Antonio is one of the most releveant, respected, and knowing of all Atlasians.

Let me know when someone who isn't a selfish attention whore leaves the party (well I guess Ben isn't that but I can see why Ben left)
Vepres
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #495 on: August 30, 2009, 09:04:40 AM »

Let me know when someone who isn't a selfish attention whore leaves the party

DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #496 on: August 30, 2009, 09:07:31 AM »

Do I need to bring up the quote when you just stated your criticism of SPC caused people other than yourself to leave the party?  Hell, even RB said that had nothing to do with it.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #497 on: August 30, 2009, 09:08:29 AM »

Yeah the RPP is going down because some guy no one ever heard of said so!  Better book because I think Antonio is one of the most releveant, respected, and knowing of all Atlasians.

Let me know when someone who isn't a selfish attention whore leaves the party (well I guess Ben isn't that but I can see why Ben left)

I know that you use to be an *sshole with anyone who says something you don't agree with or makes something that doesn't pleas you, but all this hatred against those who left ( all are attention whores, of course ! Tongue ) make me think you're less optimistic that you want us to believe.
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #498 on: August 30, 2009, 11:00:13 AM »

I'm actually incredibly optimistic, we will win the presidential race, its not like the voters that defected are going to be voting for Lief over our candidate
Vepres
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #499 on: August 30, 2009, 11:02:12 AM »

Do I need to bring up the quote when you just stated your criticism of SPC caused people other than yourself to leave the party?  Hell, even RB said that had nothing to do with it.

I didn't think that in and of itself caused it. It did cause me to leave, and soon after I did, people like Tmthforu were PMing me saying they were thinking of leaving. That statement of mine was poorly phrased, and I was just surprised at all the intraparty conflict it caused which lead to my leaving the party. Now, as for Tmth and Rowan, that didn't cause them to leave obviously. However it, along with Ben's leading, seemed to open the door for others to leave. Would they have left anyway? I don't know.

Everybody phrases things in a bad way every once in a while. Remember Obama's "clinging to guns and religion" comment?

I'm actually incredibly optimistic, we will win the presidential race, its not like the voters that defected are going to be voting for Lief over our candidate

You're probably right Wink
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 24 25 ... 30  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies