The Atlasian Sentinel
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 08:38:40 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  The Atlasian Sentinel
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 23 24 ... 30
Author Topic: The Atlasian Sentinel  (Read 64355 times)
Meeker
meekermariner
Atlas Icon

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #450 on: August 24, 2009, 01:06:50 PM »

If the RPP seriously thinks they have a shot in the Pacific they need to take another look at this weekend's results.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #451 on: August 24, 2009, 03:17:26 PM »

A few more recruits in the Pacific and we have a chance there too

hahaha
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: 9.16, S: -3.13

« Reply #452 on: August 24, 2009, 03:51:28 PM »

We'll probably lose a regional seat, but if Smid runs our chances are great in the Northeast.  A few more recruits in the Pacific and we have a chance there too

Hashemite is unbeatable.
You really need to wake up and realize that you no nothing of Atlasia.  Do you have any idea who popular Smid was as a senator?
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -7.39

« Reply #453 on: August 24, 2009, 04:09:45 PM »

We'll probably lose a regional seat, but if Smid runs our chances are great in the Northeast.  A few more recruits in the Pacific and we have a chance there too

Interesting how you just casually say "a few more recruits" as if recruiting is nothing more than a game to you, and voters your pawns. You make it sound like you view recruiting as a sport or something.
Vepres
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #454 on: August 24, 2009, 06:13:15 PM »

I plan on having a detailed analysis of the election out tonight or tomorrow.
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #455 on: August 24, 2009, 07:09:37 PM »

Well I don't think the JCPers are "people that stay", at least with newbies they may decide to get interested. And I signed up for the forum in April after following for months and only made like 12 posts until July. Once I got started here I got more active. I think that model can and will be replicated. New RPPers are certainly active across the forum regardless, so I think if you do want to attack them, you must be fair and attack the JCP voters that don't come to this board.

I'm not attacking the new members you bring in. I'm attacking the tactics you use, tactics that the JCP does not use. The JCP doesn't bring in newbies and instruct them to vote how they want.

You prove my point. You came and stayed because you were actively interested, not because you were asked to come and vote a certain way.

Yes but if I hadn't PMed him about Atlasia, would he have still came, maybe, maybe not. As I told Marokai last night I never would have joined Atlasia if PiT hadn't PMed me about it back in late November/Early December. Lately I find myself wishing I just deleted the damn thing, I almost did.
Rowan
RowanBrandon
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: 1.94, S: 4.70

« Reply #456 on: August 24, 2009, 07:31:32 PM »

Yeah, I would have never come either if I had not been recruited.
Purple State
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #457 on: August 24, 2009, 07:44:49 PM »

Well I don't think the JCPers are "people that stay", at least with newbies they may decide to get interested. And I signed up for the forum in April after following for months and only made like 12 posts until July. Once I got started here I got more active. I think that model can and will be replicated. New RPPers are certainly active across the forum regardless, so I think if you do want to attack them, you must be fair and attack the JCP voters that don't come to this board.

I'm not attacking the new members you bring in. I'm attacking the tactics you use, tactics that the JCP does not use. The JCP doesn't bring in newbies and instruct them to vote how they want.

You prove my point. You came and stayed because you were actively interested, not because you were asked to come and vote a certain way.

Yes but if I hadn't PMed him about Atlasia, would he have still came, maybe, maybe not. As I told Marokai last night I never would have joined Atlasia if PiT hadn't PMed me about it back in late November/Early December. Lately I find myself wishing I just deleted the damn thing, I almost did.

There are two questions from all of this: 1) how many worthless recruits are worth one active recruit and 2) can this lead to laxer and laxer standards.

The first question is up for debate, but the second question must be answered yes. Once recruiting begins to dip into outside the forum for votes, it is opening a door that may not close again. I am aware that it was only once or twice that this happened, but it means it could very well happen again now.

Recruiting active members of the forum with 500+ posts is different than recruiting new members that rapidly post to reach the limit and then join here.

As to your last comment, you regret it because of this questioning of new recruits, but BK considers leaving because no one accepts this questioning. Obviously there needs to be a balance. Obviously all parties have their flaws and all members have their weaknesses. It's life boiled down into a "No Accountability Zone" over the internet. Just have to make the best of it.
Vepres
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #458 on: August 24, 2009, 07:47:19 PM »

There are two questions from all of this: 1) how many worthless recruits are worth one active recruit and 2) can this lead to laxer and laxer standards.

The first question is up for debate, but the second question must be answered yes. Once recruiting begins to dip into outside the forum for votes, it is opening a door that may not close again. I am aware that it was only once or twice that this happened, but it means it could very well happen again now.

Recruiting active members of the forum with 500+ posts is different than recruiting new members that rapidly post to reach the limit and then join here.

As to your last comment, you regret it because of this questioning of new recruits, but BK considers leaving because no one accepts this questioning. Obviously there needs to be a balance. Obviously all parties have their flaws and all members have their weaknesses. It's life boiled down into a "No Accountability Zone" over the internet. Just have to make the best of it.

I like PiT's approach (he recruited me), ask them if they're interested in joining, but never tell them how to vote.
Purple State
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #459 on: August 24, 2009, 07:49:47 PM »

I like PiT's approach (he recruited me), ask them if they're interested in joining, but never tell them how to vote.

That works, but I also think there needs to be a higher post requirement. Closer to 300 maybe. New members are great for this game (you make a prime example of that), but you should be somewhat familiar with the forum before you jump right in. I'm not sure 50 is high enough and it clearly hasn't worked any better than 15.
Vepres
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #460 on: August 24, 2009, 07:55:38 PM »

That works, but I also think there needs to be a higher post requirement. Closer to 300 maybe. New members are great for this game (you make a prime example of that), but you should be somewhat familiar with the forum before you jump right in. I'm not sure 50 is high enough and it clearly hasn't worked any better than 15.

I joined with only ~75 posts, but there was that fiasco early on with the Midwest Senate seat.
bgwah
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.03, S: -6.96

« Reply #461 on: August 24, 2009, 11:42:13 PM »

Looks like four people in the JCP gave their first preference to candidates of other parties. Can the DA or RPP say that?

Yeah, some "Zombie-Drone" Party.
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #462 on: August 24, 2009, 11:54:56 PM »

Looks like four people in the JCP gave their first preference to candidates of other parties. Can the DA or RPP say that?

Four?  Obviously Realistic, he always does, but not anyone of signifigance I'm guessing
SPC
Chuck Hagel 08
Atlas Icon
Latvia

« Reply #463 on: August 24, 2009, 11:55:58 PM »

Yeah, that couldn't have easily been a strategic decision to ensure my defeat. Roll Eyes
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #464 on: August 24, 2009, 11:56:34 PM »

Four?  Obviously Realistic, he always does, but not anyone of signifigance I'm guessing

Meeker and Lunar as well, I'm not sure who the other one is.

Yeah, that couldn't have easily been a strategic decision to ensure my defeat. Roll Eyes

Not as much as you'd think. Tongue
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #465 on: August 24, 2009, 11:57:29 PM »

Didn't think the strategic angle, hell if it was between Fritz and Franzl for that last spot, I would have had RPPers pref Franzl first too
Ebowed
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 4.13, S: 2.09

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #466 on: August 24, 2009, 11:58:29 PM »

Didn't think the strategic angle, hell if it was between Fritz and Franzl for that last spot, I would have had RPPers pref Franzl first too

Aren't you supposed to be some sort of political mastermind? Wink
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #467 on: August 25, 2009, 12:01:58 AM »

Aren't you supposed to be some sort of political mastermind? Wink
I can be, but I'm not a math person Tongue  But my scenario was hypothetical which is why it didn't happen
Vepres
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #468 on: August 27, 2009, 10:43:00 PM »

The Atlasian Sentinel
Duke Replaces DWTL as RPP Chairman, Sen. Tmthforu94 second Vice-Chair
By Vepres

Right before the August 2009 midterm elections, the RPP was sure it was headed towards a new era of right-wing government. Indeed, they were the only one of the four major parties to run three candidates (RowanBrandon, SPC, AHDuke) in the at-large Senate elections. However, despite an early surge of support for Rowan, SPC and Duke fell short of the quota, thus netting the RPP only one seat.

This was a crushing blow. The party had expected to win two seats, and possibly a third, ushering in the first truly right-wing Senate in a long time. Despite a disappointing election, many were criticizing the RPP for recruiting zombies. Indeed, the RPP had recruited many new members in August, but it wasn't enough get them that second Senate seat.

To make matters worse, Ben Constine, a moderate member of the RPP, left the party for the DA shortly after the election. This was not good news for the party. About four days later, another high profile moderate RPPer, Vepres, left the party for the DA. The RPP leadership had accused him of being an apologist, a political opportunist, which is why Vepres left the party for the more moderate DA.

Many believed that the outspoken RPP chairman, Downwithdaleft, was partially to blame for the parties under performance. Under pressure, and fearing the long term prospects of his party, Downwithdaleft resigned as chair and appointed AHDuke, one of the founders of the party to replace him.

Many are hopeful. Duke has a lower profile, and isn't as aggressive towards the other parties. In his acceptance speech, he said:

You must be logged in to read this quote.

The new chairman's first test will be this October, when the party fields a candidate against President Lief and when it will attempt to hold it's three regional seats and possibly gain another.

Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #469 on: August 27, 2009, 10:44:59 PM »

All good in that story. I might write a little rant on the topic later on myself.
Alexander Hamilton
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.58, S: -5.13

« Reply #470 on: August 27, 2009, 10:46:05 PM »

You forgot to mention that this is the second national election in a row that we would've won had all of our votes counted. Tongue
Vepres
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #471 on: August 27, 2009, 10:47:13 PM »

All good in that story. I might write a little rant on the topic later on myself.

I tried to stay unbiased given recent event. I hope I succeeded.

Purple State
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #472 on: August 28, 2009, 12:08:46 AM »

You forgot to mention that this is the second national election in a row that we would've won had all of our votes counted. Tongue

Of course, that is why we have laws governing registration dates here. Does it mean anything that seemingly no matter how many people the RPP recruits, it just can't seem to get over the hump?
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix
E: -6.77, S: 0.61

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #473 on: August 28, 2009, 12:09:15 AM »

I wasn't aware that appointment was a method set out in the bylaws. You learn something new every day.
Alexander Hamilton
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.58, S: -5.13

« Reply #474 on: August 28, 2009, 12:24:06 AM »

I wasn't aware that appointment was a method set out in the bylaws. You learn something new every day.

No, I called an emergency convention. We voted for this. We prefer our officeholders not chair the party, so PiT will stay on as vice-chair.
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 23 24 ... 30  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies