Is BRTD a good Christian?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 15, 2024, 09:02:20 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Is BRTD a good Christian?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Poll
Question: Is BRTD a good Christian?
Yes

No

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 46

Author Topic: Is BRTD a good Christian?  (Read 5527 times)
Cincinnatus
JBach717
YaBB God
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: October 05, 2011, 10:45:28 AM »

No, but none of us really if you ascribe to the we are unworthy due to sin argument.  As a person, BRTD seems like a compassionate, giving person, though I don't know him in real life, nor was I here for pre-christian BRTD.  Relative to other Christians?  I'd say he is a good christian, though he may have his blemishes.
J. J.
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #26 on: October 05, 2011, 10:47:00 AM »

Yes, but the standard is very low.
Oswald Acted Alone, You Kook
The Obamanation
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #27 on: October 05, 2011, 10:52:54 AM »

No, but none of us really if you ascribe to the we are unworthy due to sin argument.  As a person, BRTD seems like a compassionate, giving person, though I don't know him in real life, nor was I here for pre-christian BRTD.  Relative to other Christians?  I'd say he is a good christian, though he may have his blemishes.
BRTD has always been a Christian, he only just started taking his faith seriously.
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

« Reply #28 on: October 05, 2011, 11:22:25 AM »

I have a bit of trouble with this poll, because in all honesty, in my personal experience, I have not seen much nexus either way between religious affiliation or lack thereof, and personal behavior with which I find favor or find execrable.

BRTD is certainly a decent chap, even if maybe a tad immature for his age in some ways - just like me! Smiley
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #29 on: October 05, 2011, 11:25:37 AM »

Best one I know.  But I mean that in spite of being a christian, not at being one.

Fundy athiest right here.

"You might be a fundy atheist if you think that Fred Phelps does what he does because he's a Christian, but Mr. Rogers did what he did despite being a Christian."

Sounds like John Dibble.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #30 on: October 05, 2011, 12:10:22 PM »

Of course. Just like Jesus, he hates Ralph Nader, suburbs, th Irish and Catholics. And just like Jesus his favourite leisure activity is paying women to ogle at them naked.

As I've said before, many of those women are also Christians.

You'll have to forgive me for asking, but which Bible passage condones selling sex?

God may forgive the sins of his children.

So which Bible passage states that it's okay to sin your heart out once you've accepted Jesus as your savior?

I believe there's something in the Bible about how there are no righteous men, so everyone sins, and even saved you can go on sinning as you can't help yourself and, therefore, Jesus.
John Dibble
Atlas Icon
Japan

« Reply #31 on: October 05, 2011, 02:09:21 PM »

Best one I know.  But I mean that in spite of being a christian, not at being one.

Fundy athiest right here.

"You might be a fundy atheist if you think that Fred Phelps does what he does because he's a Christian, but Mr. Rogers did what he did despite being a Christian."

Sounds like John Dibble.

No, I think Fred Phelps does what he does because he's mentally ill in some fashion, or maybe just has a massive inferiority complex and feels better about himself by having someone to hate. His religion just happens to be something to justify it. His children who are still members of his church on the other hand I would say are likely motivated first and foremost by their religion, primarily because they were brainwashed from an early age to believe it in ways that far exceed normal childhood religious indoctrination.

As to Mr. Rogers, I suspect his religion probably was important to his considerations but he likely had secular motives as well. At no point have I ever stated that religion can't inspire people to be good, rather I feel that it isn't necessary and that the negatives of religious thinking make it more dangerous to think religiously considering I don't know of a single good brought about by religion that can't be achieved by secular means.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #32 on: October 05, 2011, 02:37:50 PM »

"I'm so Christian now" stuff seems more to be one of the Red's temporary obsessions, rather than real change coming from the heart and consideration.
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #33 on: October 05, 2011, 02:54:13 PM »

I don't even remember making this thread.
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #34 on: October 05, 2011, 02:55:07 PM »

I don't even remember making this thread.

The bud was that good eh? 
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #35 on: October 05, 2011, 03:01:35 PM »

"I'm so Christian now" stuff seems more to be one of the Red's temporary obsessions, rather than real change coming from the heart and consideration.

Now I have treated you quite a bit better after it right? I haven't gone on any mass reporting sprees combing through your posting history.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #36 on: October 05, 2011, 03:22:34 PM »

Now I have treated you quite a bit better after it right? I haven't gone on any mass reporting sprees combing through your posting history.

Well, your transformation was quite sudden, so I'm sceptical. I'm always sceptical about quick transformations.

Actually we have something in common: we are getting totally obsessed about one topic from time to time and we're still dragging it when everyone are already fed up. How can we be sure that being "very Christian" is not another temporary, but long-going fascination?

Stay this way two more months, and I'd probably believe it's real Tongue Wink
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #37 on: October 05, 2011, 03:27:25 PM »

It didn't happen all that suddenly, though i can see why one observing it on the forum would see it as that way. But I wasn't posting about it a lot. It was pretty sudden though at the time I asked God to take all the anger, hatred and grudges from my heart and I felt so rejuvenated and that would be a visible quick transformation to an outsider.

But I'm not too concerned about proving my legitimacy to you or any person for that matter any way. Only God.
ilikeverin
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Timor-Leste

« Reply #38 on: October 05, 2011, 03:52:19 PM »

Really?  It seems to me to be quite earnest.  Changing patterns of behavior (which, I think we can all agree, BRTD has certainly done) is quite a bit more difficult than changing interests.

So, to the poll question, I now wholeheartedly answer *hughughug* yes! Grin  If an odd one.  But aren't we all?
labred82
Rookie
« Reply #39 on: October 05, 2011, 04:07:31 PM »

BRTD seems like a good poster to me. The same can't be said of Kalwejt and King.
This user has not been convicted of 34 felonies
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -7.13

« Reply #40 on: October 05, 2011, 04:09:44 PM »

BRTD seems like a good poster to me. The same can't be said of Kalwejt and King.

Hahahahaha stick around. You'll see that all three of them are quite...interesting posters Smiley
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix
E: 1.29, S: -0.70

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #41 on: October 07, 2011, 01:01:54 AM »

got a long way to go (as we all do) but good he seems to be moving in the right direction. Smiley
afleitch
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #42 on: October 07, 2011, 07:25:40 AM »

It was pretty sudden though at the time I asked God to take all the anger, hatred and grudges from my heart and I felt so rejuvenated and that would be a visible quick transformation to an outsider.

Curiously that's exactly what happened when I finally let go of my belief in a god; I felt good, light, happy and rejuvinated; a better, more content, more reasonable person. Which demonstrates that such feelings of euphoria are entirely within the mind Smiley
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #43 on: October 07, 2011, 06:46:42 PM »
« Edited: October 07, 2011, 06:49:26 PM by A Testament To Broken Walls »

Did your death points drop from around 35 to just 5? Did your blood pressure significantly drop and your average resting heart rate go down about 20 beats per minute? That happened to me.
afleitch
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #44 on: October 08, 2011, 12:01:19 PM »

Did your death points drop from around 35 to just 5? Did your blood pressure significantly drop and your average resting heart rate go down about 20 beats per minute? That happened to me.

Not the first obviously Wink But yeah my health is better, I'm more focused, I don't feel the need to justify my integrity and worth on a religious basis and I'm much much further away from Christian homophobes which has led to a less stressful social life.

I now apologise to people directly, don't rely on prayer as a crutch or expect anything from it and I'm less uptight. My blood pressure is also down.

It's entirely down to my outlook of course; i'm not claiming some external intervention made me happy. It was me. And it happens to non Christians too.
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #45 on: October 08, 2011, 12:12:00 PM »

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Truer words were never written.  I was saved! By myself from myself. Smiley
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix
E: 1.29, S: -0.70

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #46 on: October 08, 2011, 12:42:27 PM »

Did your death points drop from around 35 to just 5? Did your blood pressure significantly drop and your average resting heart rate go down to about 20 beats per minute? That happened to me.
This is how I read your post, and it freaked me out a little.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies