Is BRTD a good Christian?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 15, 2024, 07:33:06 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Is BRTD a good Christian?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Poll
Question: Is BRTD a good Christian?
Yes

No

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 46

Author Topic: Is BRTD a good Christian?  (Read 5526 times)
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: March 27, 2009, 01:19:56 AM »

Consider this the sequel to "Is Xahar a good Muslim?".

I vote "yes", Mr. Nelson loves his Lord and Savior.
The Ex-Factor
xfactor99
Viet Nam

Political Matrix
E: -5.42, S: -6.43

« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2009, 01:43:18 AM »

If you wanna know Stark...you're a good racist.
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2009, 06:55:41 AM »

Well, let's see:

Intolerance of other faiths?  check
Objectification of women?  check
Incredible arrogance?  check

Yeah, he's a pretty good Christian.
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2009, 06:56:48 AM »

That's only for God to decide, if he exists.
Ban my account ffs!
snowguy716
Atlas Star
Austria

« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2009, 08:43:16 AM »

That's only for God to decide, if He exists.

Fixed.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2009, 11:50:30 AM »

As someone pointed out to me privately, when you think about it, BRTD's Christian identity is so Moderate Hero. Does anyone know why he makes it a point to say how he's such a big Christian?
tik 🪀✨
ComradeCarter
Junior Chimp
Australia
« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2009, 11:57:19 AM »

As someone pointed out to me privately, when you think about it, BRTD's Christian identity is so Moderate Hero. Does anyone know why he makes it a point to say how he's such a big Christian?

Not entirely sure, but probably something to do with being a both a Democrat AND a Christian. And that he doesn't live in the suburbs (stereotype defying!) Ralph Nader probably isn't a Christian. He may have been given a pamphlet outside of a strip club. Maybe he found some amazing emo bands in underground Christian music. Maybe he visited one too many dry counties. Who knows for sure?
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #7 on: March 27, 2009, 12:13:29 PM »

Oddly enough, Alcon bugs me over this basically saying "no" in a manner similiar to jmfcst would.
Swing low, sweet chariot. Comin' for to carry me home.
jmfcst
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #8 on: March 27, 2009, 12:23:22 PM »

Oddly enough, Alcon bugs me over this basically saying "no" in a manner similiar to jmfcst would.

the jmfcst manner is to give no answer at all, for the answer doesn't make any difference whatsoever, for the question is completely hypothetical.  jmfcst understands the question is a test, designed to provoke an emotional response.
ilikeverin
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Timor-Leste

« Reply #9 on: March 27, 2009, 07:01:49 PM »

I don't know how much charitable work he does.
Јas
Jas
Junior Chimp
« Reply #10 on: March 27, 2009, 07:07:15 PM »

Of course. Just like Jesus, he hates Ralph Nader, suburbs, th Irish and Catholics. And just like Jesus his favourite leisure activity is paying women to ogle at them naked.
War on Want
Evilmexicandictator
Junior Chimp
Uzbekistan

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -8.00

« Reply #11 on: March 27, 2009, 10:34:12 PM »

I voted yes because I would rather have more Christians like BRTD than more Christians like your average southern Baptist. BRTD might not be devout but he is modern and he is actually pretty intelligent. That is what Christianity needs to be a relevant religion 200 years from now if humanity keeps progressing the way that it is.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #12 on: March 28, 2009, 12:15:33 AM »

Of course. Just like Jesus, he hates Ralph Nader, suburbs, th Irish and Catholics. And just like Jesus his favourite leisure activity is paying women to ogle at them naked.

As I've said before, many of those women are also Christians. A lot wear cross necklaces or have tattoos.

I voted yes because I would rather have more Christians like BRTD than more Christians like your average southern Baptist. BRTD might not be devout but he is modern and he is actually pretty intelligent. That is what Christianity needs to be a relevant religion 200 years from now if humanity keeps progressing the way that it is.

That sounds like the church I go to, OK maybe I'm using "go to" kind of loosely here since I was last there on Christmas but it's also one I found on that free ad for churches page in the City Pages....
tik 🪀✨
ComradeCarter
Junior Chimp
Australia
« Reply #13 on: March 28, 2009, 09:56:20 AM »

As I've said before, many of those women are also Christians. A lot wear cross necklaces or have tattoos.

Neat trick! So if you and another party both identify as Christians, you can do anything you want to each other and it's not a sin?
John Dibble
Atlas Icon
Japan

« Reply #14 on: March 28, 2009, 10:18:17 AM »

As I've said before, many of those women are also Christians.

You'll have to forgive me for asking, but which Bible passage condones selling sex?
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #15 on: March 29, 2009, 05:33:44 AM »

You'll have to forgive me for asking, but which Bible passage condones selling sex?

God may forgive the sins of his children.
John Dibble
Atlas Icon
Japan

« Reply #16 on: March 29, 2009, 08:11:06 AM »

So which Bible passage states that it's okay to sin your heart out once you've accepted Jesus as your savior?
tik 🪀✨
ComradeCarter
Junior Chimp
Australia
« Reply #17 on: March 29, 2009, 10:39:38 AM »

So which Bible passage states that it's okay to sin your heart out once you've accepted Jesus as your savior?

Romans 5:20
The law was added so that the trespass might increase. But where sin increased, grace increased all the more.

...which takes some twisting to arrive at such a conclusion (the more I sin, the more saved I will be). And then you basically have to ignore all of the context, including the entire next chapter which basically rips said premise to bits. Just goes to show that often you can make the Bible say whatever you want by cherrypicking.
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #18 on: March 29, 2009, 11:07:53 AM »

Best one I know.  But I mean that in spite of being a christian, not at being one.
MaxQue
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #19 on: March 30, 2009, 12:05:52 AM »

The law was added so that the trespass might increase. But where sin increased, grace increased all the more.

...which takes some twisting to arrive at such a conclusion (the more I sin, the more saved I will be). And then you basically have to ignore all of the context, including the entire next chapter which basically rips said premise to bits. Just goes to show that often you can make the Bible say whatever you want by cherrypicking.

In the bible, we can find anything and his opposite.
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #20 on: March 30, 2009, 01:24:13 AM »

Yep, you can make anything say anything if you try hard enough. That's why lawyers are so successful.
Schmitz in 1972
Liberty
United States

« Reply #21 on: March 30, 2009, 01:55:41 AM »

Hence D. A. Carson's trademark quote "a text without context is a pretext."
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #22 on: October 04, 2011, 09:43:28 PM »

I wonder how the vote on this would go now.
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #23 on: October 05, 2011, 01:47:07 AM »

Is your precentage of followers/haters the same or worse?
Oswald Acted Alone, You Kook
The Obamanation
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #24 on: October 05, 2011, 10:37:04 AM »

Best one I know.  But I mean that in spite of being a christian, not at being one.

Fundy athiest right here.

"You might be a fundy atheist if you think that Fred Phelps does what he does because he's a Christian, but Mr. Rogers did what he did despite being a Christian."
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies