Comedy Goldmine XI: The Atlas Forum Demilitarized Zone
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 23, 2024, 10:08:59 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Comedy Goldmine XI: The Atlas Forum Demilitarized Zone
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 21 ... 71
Author Topic: Comedy Goldmine XI: The Atlas Forum Demilitarized Zone  (Read 193401 times)
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #375 on: May 25, 2009, 02:31:29 PM »

Fats are disgusting.  (Not the ones who have theyroid probs. or who are taking some treatments like radiation that make them bloated-- I think that is a good exuse for being a fatass.  No other though)

Fats cost us billions in health care.

They take up way too much space on planes and busses but pay only the same as one person.

They are ugly to look at.

A lot of them smell horrible because most fats either don't wash or can't reach around all the flab.

And if you need them in an emergency, they can't help.  In a war they are excempt from service.  In a local crisis (like lets say you need them to call 9-1-1 in a hurry) they lose valuable time because it takes forever to waddle thier fat asses to the phone.

And have you noticed how many welfare thiefs and baby mommas are fats?  OMG -- and the liberals have the ballz to talk about "helping the hungry".  What a complete joke.

GET YOUR DAMN STOMACHS STAPLED YOU UGLY LOSERS AND STOP WHINING.
Kaine for Senate '18
benconstine
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #376 on: May 25, 2009, 02:37:50 PM »

Check context:

I don't know, but it's not fair there isn't a month for mentally challenged people like you. Sad
Rowan
RowanBrandon
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: 1.94, S: 4.70

« Reply #377 on: May 25, 2009, 02:38:22 PM »

It would have been kinda funny, if I didn't already post the same thing in that thread 12 posts before this other guy.
Kaine for Senate '18
benconstine
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #378 on: May 25, 2009, 09:01:30 PM »

Check the question:

FF.  Growing younger as you get older is impressive by any standards.
The Mikado
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #379 on: May 25, 2009, 10:50:25 PM »

Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: -0.70

« Reply #380 on: May 26, 2009, 03:59:50 AM »

Cuba was very much a USSR satelite.  But yes the others were in the Chinese orbit more than anything.  I was thinking of Europe, like Tito.  And Daniel above has answered my question.  I did not know about Albania.  I think its a country people often forget about.

This article was interesting. I clipped it from Conservapedia...

During the Second World War, Albania was occupied first by Italy (1939-43) and then by Germany (1943-44). After the war, Communist Party leader Enver Hoxha, through a combination of ruthlessness and strategic alliances, managed to preserve Albania's territorial integrity during the next 40 years, but exacted a terrible price from the population, which was subjected to purges, shortages, repression of civil and political rights, a total ban on religious observance, and increased isolation. Albania adhered to a strict Stalinist philosophy, eventually withdrawing from the Warsaw Pact in 1968 and alienating its final remaining ally, China, in 1978.
It is interesting that they started out in the Soviet grip but ended up going with China.  That seems really weird that China would have influence in a European country but it is very interesting.  Well, its a good thing they are not ANY kind of communist any more.

Post of the Year Runner-Up.

It isn't that funny, since the conservapedia article in this case seems mostly correct. The fatty post on the other hand, is really funny.
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #381 on: May 26, 2009, 10:21:35 AM »

It's funny (at least in my view) because he's citing Conservapedia as a legitimate source in the first place.  But of course, that's the kind of thing that indicates that he's not a real poster.
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #382 on: May 26, 2009, 10:57:11 AM »

The citing of Conservapedia at all is the funny part.

Read this for a real laugh: http://www.conservapedia.com/Barack_Obama
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #383 on: May 26, 2009, 03:34:52 PM »

It is hard for me to talk about her personally (I've never met her), but the decisions of hers that I have read strike me as unimpressive.

Barring something weird that we don't know, she is certainly qualified for the position of SC justice.  I just wouldn't expect anything magnificent out of her (in terms of USSC) and the "liberals" better hope that the Rosen piece about her being a bullier is not true, as that is undoubtedly something that would not work well with Kennedy.

If there was a prize for ''Most Condescending Post of the Year'', that would be the early frontrunner.

If there was an award for "Biggest f****t" on this board, you might win too and I'd even consider that quite impressive.

Condescending AND a homophobe.
It keeps getting better.

I'm willing to bet you probably pee on your neighbor's lawn in the middle of the night while she's sleeping too.

Does she only get angry when you miss and hit her pet Chihuahua instead?

I don't understand what the poet means but the optics are indeed funny.
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

« Reply #384 on: May 26, 2009, 03:43:52 PM »

It is hard for me to talk about her personally (I've never met her), but the decisions of hers that I have read strike me as unimpressive.

Barring something weird that we don't know, she is certainly qualified for the position of SC justice.  I just wouldn't expect anything magnificent out of her (in terms of USSC) and the "liberals" better hope that the Rosen piece about her being a bullier is not true, as that is undoubtedly something that would not work well with Kennedy.

If there was a prize for ''Most Condescending Post of the Year'', that would be the early frontrunner.

If there was an award for "Biggest f****t" on this board, you might win too and I'd even consider that quite impressive.

Condescending AND a homophobe.
It keeps getting better.

I'm willing to bet you probably pee on your neighbor's lawn in the middle of the night while she's sleeping too.

Does she only get angry when you miss and hit her pet Chihuahua instead?

I don't understand what the poet means but the optics are indeed funny.

Next time you lose an argument, don't post it in the comedy goldmine to save face.
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #385 on: May 26, 2009, 03:47:37 PM »

Next time you lose an argument, don't post it in the comedy goldmine to save face.

Uh, Sam had to resort to calling somebody a f****t again, so I think you've reached the wrong conclusion about who 'lost'.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #386 on: May 26, 2009, 03:49:39 PM »

Am I supposed to feel intimidated now?

Uh, Sam had to resort to calling somebody a f****t again, so I think you've reached the wrong conclusion about who 'lost'.

Apparently homophobia is endorsed by some people I never expected.
Sewer
SpaceCommunistMutant
Junior Chimp
« Reply #387 on: May 26, 2009, 04:28:49 PM »

What's wrong with homophobia?  If you say I can't hate someone just because they're a homosexual, then you're a racist.
Lunar
Atlas Superstar
Ireland, Republic of
« Reply #388 on: May 26, 2009, 04:45:24 PM »

On the other hand, what's the point of someone else calling Sam a condescending homophobe?  Isn't that like noting that the Pope is still Catholic?
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

« Reply #389 on: May 26, 2009, 04:47:46 PM »

Calling someone condescending without offering an argument loses you the argument even if you get a slur back in exchange. And my point was rather that it's poor taste to not respond to someone's point and instead post it as a joke.

And, no, px75, you're not supposed to feel intimidated. You're supposed to quit the trolling and grow up.

(and the f****t stuff isn't relevant. I don't endorse that, but it wasn't really the point here anyway)
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #390 on: May 26, 2009, 04:54:23 PM »

Calling someone condescending without offering an argument loses you the argument even if you get a slur back in exchange. And my point was rather that it's poor taste to not respond to someone's point and instead post it as a joke.

And, no, px75, you're not supposed to feel intimidated. You're supposed to quit the trolling and grow up.

(and the f****t stuff isn't relevant. I don't endorse that, but it wasn't really the point here anyway)

I'm sorry to say that, but the last sentence shows that if there is anyone who missed the point, that's you.

And as the other folks mentioned, calling Sam condescending isn't exactly a once-in-a-lifetime event.
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

« Reply #391 on: May 26, 2009, 05:07:44 PM »

I'm sorry to say that, but the last sentence shows that if there is anyone who missed the point, that's you.

And as the other folks mentioned, calling Sam condescending isn't exactly a once-in-a-lifetime event.

The comedy goldmine is not supposed to be a way of carrying your personal grudges forward. If you want to debate Sam on whatever do it in the thread you were in. Don't clutter up this thread with "LOL look how stupidly he responded to my arguments"

I might have given you the benefit of the doubt if you hadn't acted like such a confrontational jerk elsewhere.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #392 on: May 26, 2009, 05:08:01 PM »

I think calling someone a f****t is already condescending.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #393 on: May 26, 2009, 05:15:25 PM »

The comedy goldmine is not supposed to be a way of carrying your personal grudges forward. If you want to debate Sam on whatever do it in the thread you were in. Don't clutter up this thread with "LOL look how stupidly he responded to my arguments"

I might have given you the benefit of the doubt if you hadn't acted like such a confrontational jerk elsewhere.

And who says that I posted his answer in order to humiliate him?
I mentioned that I found genuinely funny the optics of his post. If you fail to understand the fact that I meant what I wrote, then that's your problem, not mine.
Rowan
RowanBrandon
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: 1.94, S: 4.70

« Reply #394 on: May 26, 2009, 05:55:00 PM »

Sticks and stones may break my bones but words will never hurt me. It's just a word.
Kaine for Senate '18
benconstine
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #395 on: May 26, 2009, 05:56:54 PM »

No.  She has a great story, but I personally couldn't care less.

....but if she were jewish....
Kaine for Senate '18
benconstine
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #396 on: May 26, 2009, 09:53:51 PM »

Another extremist leftie.  Big surprise obama appointed one.  If we're lucky she will be like most of his other appointments and will have "tax problems".  He is FAIL when it comes to makeing appointments isn't he?

God, you can't spell or write well at all, can you?
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #397 on: May 26, 2009, 10:14:29 PM »

Funny because Phil is so right for once:

Jew!  Jew!  Jew!  Jew!  Jew!  Jew!  Jew!  Jew!  Jew!  Jew!  Jew!  Jew!  Jew!  Jew!  Jew!  Jew!  Jew!

Ok, enough already. Seriously.
Sam Spade
SamSpade
Atlas Star

« Reply #398 on: May 26, 2009, 10:41:04 PM »

I didn't know this thread was entitled "Comedy and Whining Goldmine".
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -7.39

« Reply #399 on: May 26, 2009, 10:45:50 PM »

I didn't know this thread was entitled "Comedy and Whining Goldmine".

We're only human, Tongue
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 21 ... 71  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies