Which is fair and not raceist??
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 20, 2024, 12:47:42 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Discussion
  History (Moderator: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee)
  Which is fair and not raceist??
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Poll
Question: Only one of these situations is fair and doesnt have raceist overtones.  Which one?
OPTION A

OPTION B

OPTION C

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 16

Author Topic: Which is fair and not raceist??  (Read 7944 times)
Coburn In 2012

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: May 24, 2009, 08:55:33 PM »

Option A --  There is a white history month but no black history, latin history or other ethnic history month.

option B _--  There is a black history month, a hispanic history month, a asian history month and a history month for every group EXCEPT white people.

Option C -- There is a history month for everyone -- a black history month, a white history month, a asian history month, hispanic, Indians and so forth -- everyone gets a turn.

The answer to this if honest will tell us a hell of a lot about who the real raceists are.

Byt the way I put this in the history folder if I should move it to politics or US general let me know.  Sorry for any mistake if that's the case.  Thanks guys
Hash
Hashemite
Moderators
Atlas Superstar
Colombia

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2009, 07:03:20 AM »

I don't know, but it's not fair there isn't a month for mentally challenged people like you. Sad
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2009, 09:53:55 AM »

I voted C, but even these solution is raceist in my opinion, in the sens it divide people into ethnical categories. The only real un-racist option if when there is no ethnical history month, but only one common american history month.
Coburn In 2012

« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2009, 02:06:06 PM »

Interesting.  It seems people are strangely silent.  I guess I should not be surprised.
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2009, 02:36:38 PM »

Interesting.  It seems people are strangely silent.  I guess I should not be surprised.

Given how the overall interest in your schtick is declining rapidly, no you certainly shouldn't be surprised.

Also, people tend not to pay much attention to threads with misspelled titles.
Coburn In 2012

« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2009, 02:37:20 PM »

Given how the overall interest in your schtick is declining rapidly, no you certainly shouldn't be surprised.

(By the way, please learn to spell 'racist'.)

Strawman.

UYou have no answer then?
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #6 on: May 25, 2009, 02:38:39 PM »

I didn't bother to read your opening post.  Hence my point.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #7 on: May 25, 2009, 02:49:49 PM »

Because every time you post they remember that they have to take a crap.
GMantis
Dessie Potter
Junior Chimp
Bulgaria

« Reply #8 on: May 25, 2009, 02:58:16 PM »

There should be no racial history months. Your poll, by leaving this out, presents a false dilemma.
And even in the US, whites are not mono ethnic (which blacks to a large extent are) and totaly dominating conventional history, making such a month pointless and therefore option B also not racist.
12th Doctor
supersoulty
Atlas Star
Ukraine

« Reply #9 on: May 25, 2009, 04:48:16 PM »

We are just in shock and awe over the profoundness of your wisdom.
Hatman 🍁
EarlAW
Atlas Star
Canada

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #10 on: May 25, 2009, 06:19:50 PM »

Fool, white history month would be racist because whites are the majority.

Now, if there was Irish American month or Scottish American month or German American month, I wouldn't have a problem with it.
The Mikado
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #11 on: May 25, 2009, 10:43:50 PM »

Fool, white history month would be racist because whites are the majority.

Now, if there was Irish American month or Scottish American month or German American month, I wouldn't have a problem with it.

We only have 12 months to work with here, people!
Scam of God
Einzige
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 6.19, S: -9.91

« Reply #12 on: May 26, 2009, 07:18:13 PM »

There shouldn't be any "x-history-months" for any categories of people, ethnic or otherwise. This sort of thinking encourages collectivism.
Raoul
burkenelson
Rookie
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.87, S: -0.74

« Reply #13 on: May 26, 2009, 11:35:43 PM »

March-January are all White History Months.
Magic 8-Ball
mrk
YaBB God
Czech Republic

« Reply #14 on: May 27, 2009, 02:05:20 AM »

How about we just teach the history of the country and highlight important figures along the way, regardless of race?  Huh?  That so hard?
Coburn In 2012

« Reply #15 on: May 27, 2009, 09:35:37 AM »

How about we just teach the history of the country and highlight important figures along the way, regardless of race?  Huh?  That so hard?

Well wouldn't that be wonderful?  I agree totally.  But in our pc society we have to spend an entire month listening to the same tired old biographies of the same three people -- rosa parks, Martin luther Commie and Sojourner truth.  You would think if they had an entire month they could come up with three more people.  (And I do think Rosa Parks was right not to give up her seat.)  But seriously...how about everyone just being AMERICANS instead of African-Americans and Hispanic Americans and Native Americans.

PC is so limp wristed and dumb.  But if we're going to be really pc then whites should be part of the picture.  But I prefer your solution believe me.
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #16 on: May 27, 2009, 10:19:27 AM »

None of these options, frankly.

Mostly for the reason mentioned by Raoul. Although "Magic 8-Ball"'s point is really the same one except for the moronic "let's idolate important people instead of teaching history" bit that is, I think, typical of US highschool history curricula (and used to be over here, back in the day when they worshipped Friedrich II and worse.)
Tetro Kornbluth
Gully Foyle
Atlas Icon
Ireland, Republic of

« Reply #17 on: May 27, 2009, 12:21:12 PM »

Mostly for the reason mentioned by Raoul. Although "Magic 8-Ball"'s point is really the same one except for the moronic "let's idolate important people instead of teaching history" bit that is, I think, typical of US highschool history curricula (and used to be over here, back in the day when they worshipped Friedrich II and worse.)

And in Ireland as well... (though it's getting somewhat better tbh).
Smash255
Atlas Icon

« Reply #18 on: May 27, 2009, 12:21:40 PM »

Well wouldn't that be wonderful?  I agree totally.  But in our pc society we have to spend an entire month listening to the same tired old biographies of the same three people -- rosa parks, Martin luther Commie and Sojourner truth.  You would think if they had an entire month they could come up with three more people.  (And I do think Rosa Parks was right not to give up her seat.)  But seriously...how about everyone just being AMERICANS instead of African-Americans and Hispanic Americans and Native Americans.

PC is so limp wristed and dumb.  But if we're going to be really pc then whites should be part of the picture.  But I prefer your solution believe me.

So we should completely ignore the fact that we had people in this country that were enslaved?  Or that we had legalized segregation till the 1960's?  And ignore those that played a major role in helping that end?  
Magic 8-Ball
mrk
YaBB God
Czech Republic

« Reply #19 on: May 27, 2009, 07:04:55 PM »

I'm not quite sure how you got the idea that that I want our curricula to "idolate" people, unless you're a fan of hyperbole.  In the same way that you discuss leaders when teaching about a war or various inventors who were part of the Industrial Revolution, you discuss black leaders within the context of the periods they helped shape.  I fail to see how that is moronic, but whatever.

minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #20 on: May 28, 2009, 03:28:39 AM »

I'm not quite sure how you got the idea that that I want our curricula to "idolate" people, unless you're a fan of hyperbole.
Who isn't?
You must be logged in to read this quote.
But you don't, or do only very occasionally. Not when you're teaching history, instead of movie plots.
Magic 8-Ball
mrk
YaBB God
Czech Republic

« Reply #21 on: May 28, 2009, 04:33:19 AM »

I'm not quite sure how you got the idea that that I want our curricula to "idolate" people, unless you're a fan of hyperbole.
Hyperbole is the worst thing since the Khmer Rouge.

My high school taught history the way I described it, though maybe AP teachers don't follow the same models that others do.  I think that you might have the impression you do because American students by and large don't care about history and instead gravitate towards personality.  If history is truly being taught to most students as nothing more than a parade of personalities, I agree with you that it's moronic.

??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix
E: 7.61, S: 0.00

« Reply #22 on: May 28, 2009, 11:01:25 AM »

Hispanic Heritage Month IS a white history month Fezzy.
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix

« Reply #23 on: May 28, 2009, 11:08:24 AM »

It celebrates a specific heritage and culture, not a race.

What about black history month? Why not call it African Heritage month?
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix

« Reply #24 on: May 28, 2009, 11:11:25 AM »

It celebrates a specific heritage and culture, not a race.
What about black history month?

Also a culture and heritage.  "White" is the only one that isn't about a culture or heritage.

So blacks and hispanics (white) have a culture and heritage but white Europeans have no culture or heritage. Seriously? That's why the whole "month" idea is stupid to begin with.
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies