I'm officially in college
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 26, 2024, 05:29:22 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  I'm officially in college
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Author Topic: I'm officially in college  (Read 3564 times)
Tetro Kornbluth
Gully Foyle
Atlas Icon
Ireland, Republic of

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: March 05, 2009, 05:10:38 PM »

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Actually I tend to believe that most important thing in life to admit is one's own insanity, then one can liberated to recognize the futility and stupidity of everything. So I believe that the madness of my mind is purely positive, it is too common sense and rational analysis which is the problem.
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

« Reply #51 on: March 06, 2009, 01:34:33 PM »

The principles that I'm stating that Naso will learn are very important.  Especially for him.  In fact, I often times wished I followed them more myself.

If that makes me preachy in a way, so be it.  Sorry...

I don't know if 'preachy' is the word for it, but what it makes you is both patronizing and completely lacking in self-awareness.  Of course the 'principles' that will be beaten into Naso in the military will make him function better in his assigned role as a poor.  Naso is of the servant class.  You are not.  For you to suggest that you 'wished you followed' the principles of the craven automatons below you is just a pose or pretense, obviously.

...dazzleman ...was one of the few posters who... had his head on correctly and was worth talking to. 

By 'had his head on correctly' one can only assume you mean he shared:

Where do you get off pretending to know whether someone 'has their head on correctly'?  I disagree with all the sadomasochistic conservatives on the forum, but I don't think that their psychological oddities are 'incorrect'.

I hope you guys can keep this going for awhile. This has the potential to prove quite entertaining. Tongue
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #52 on: March 06, 2009, 04:49:59 PM »

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Actually I tend to believe that most important thing in life to admit is one's own insanity, then one can liberated to recognize the futility and stupidity of everything. So I believe that the madness of my mind is purely positive, it is too common sense and rational analysis which is the problem.

Interesting, GF.  I suppose for me I find the human condition 'mad', though the functioning of mine own brain seems very practical, predictable, and flawlessly mundane.

Regardless I suppose there is a difference between insanity and various emotional needs or warpings, such as those which cause conservatism.  Pavlov's dog always salivated just as arranged, and I don't think that made him crazy.
Rob
Bob
Junior Chimp
United States
Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -9.39

« Reply #53 on: March 06, 2009, 04:58:42 PM »

Granted (with regards to the military), I have a medical condition that would probably kick me out of actual combat roles

many conservatives suffer from similar conditions.
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #54 on: March 06, 2009, 05:07:46 PM »

Granted (with regards to the military), I have a medical condition that would probably kick me out of actual combat roles

many conservatives suffer from similar conditions.

Heavy Wallet Syndrome.
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #55 on: March 06, 2009, 05:49:59 PM »

I hope you guys can keep this going for awhile. This has the potential to prove quite entertaining. Tongue

Glad you're amused.  I had a similar reaction to the vile Dazzleman if you remember him..
Pages: 1 2 [3]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies