I'm officially in college
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 17, 2024, 05:07:52 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  I'm officially in college
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Author Topic: I'm officially in college  (Read 3552 times)
Reaganfan
Atlas Icon
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: February 26, 2009, 09:10:40 PM »

I'm really enjoying this play-by-play!  Takes me back.

I have to admit I have an ulterior motive in watching however - I'm rooting or Naso to start enjoying life (at least enough to give up the frightful idea of joining the military).

Sounds like a neat little school, Naso.  Community College?

I am not at all "frightened" by the Military.

Yes, this community college is part of a campus in another city and this building just opened in January. It's small..has a lobby and other stores. Take the elevator three floors up and you reach the classrooms. Very nice and accommodating. The staff is great to. During the break from my Sociology class, I went outside with five of my fellow female classmates and each of us enjoyed a coffee and a smoke (Yes...I smoked a cigarette polluting our sacred air). When my Starbucks was gone, I asked the nice lady staffer if there was a vending machine. She said not yet, but offered to brew up a pot of coffee for me and after I poured a cup she said, "The rest is yours." My Philosophy class let out 40 minutes early, and since I had to wait for a ride, I chatted with the staffer lady for about half an hour and had good conversations.

More later
The Man From G.O.P.
TJN2024
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #26 on: February 26, 2009, 09:14:27 PM »

Gripping.
Rob
Bob
Junior Chimp
United States
Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -9.39

« Reply #27 on: February 26, 2009, 09:14:34 PM »

I went outside with five of my fellow female classmates

What the hell?
The Man From G.O.P.
TJN2024
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #28 on: February 26, 2009, 09:18:42 PM »

WOW how did we not catch that one.

Reaganfan
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #29 on: February 26, 2009, 10:07:44 PM »

Yeah...I sat down in my one class and every woman that walked in was really attractive (and mostly in their 20s) and at one point it was me and eight other women. Then a few guys came in late and ruined my opportunity to be the only guy in the class.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #30 on: February 26, 2009, 10:15:17 PM »

Yeah...I sat down in my one class and every woman that walked in was really attractive (and mostly in their 20s) and at one point it was me and eight other women. Then a few guys came in late and ruined my opportunity to be the only guy in the class.

Naso...

You called girls "fellow." Are you a girl, Naso?
Reaganfan
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #31 on: February 26, 2009, 10:21:23 PM »

Naso...

You called girls "fellow." Are you a girl, Naso?

EPIC FAIL FOR ME
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #32 on: February 26, 2009, 11:51:24 PM »

I'm really enjoying this play-by-play!  Takes me back.

I have to admit I have an ulterior motive in watching however - I'm rooting or Naso to start enjoying life (at least enough to give up the frightful idea of joining the military).

Sounds like a neat little school, Naso.  Community College?

I am not at all "frightened" by the Military.

Yes, this community college is part of a campus in another city and this building just opened in January. It's small..has a lobby and other stores. Take the elevator three floors up and you reach the classrooms. Very nice and accommodating. The staff is great to. During the break from my Sociology class, I went outside with five of my fellow female classmates and each of us enjoyed a coffee and a smoke (Yes...I smoked a cigarette polluting our sacred air). When my Starbucks was gone, I asked the nice lady staffer if there was a vending machine. She said not yet, but offered to brew up a pot of coffee for me and after I poured a cup she said, "The rest is yours." My Philosophy class let out 40 minutes early, and since I had to wait for a ride, I chatted with the staffer lady for about half an hour and had good conversations.

More later

Why do I feel like this is going to turn into "Catcher in the Rye" or something...
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #33 on: February 26, 2009, 11:58:21 PM »

You smoke cigs? Good Heavens!
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #34 on: February 27, 2009, 12:00:51 AM »

Poor Naso has given into peer pressure apparently. Sad
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #35 on: February 27, 2009, 12:04:33 AM »

Naso smoked years ago. One of my first interactions with the kid concerned whether I thought his cigar smoke rings looked "cool."
Reaganfan
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #36 on: February 27, 2009, 12:33:25 AM »

Naso smoked years ago. One of my first interactions with the kid concerned whether I thought his cigar smoke rings looked "cool."

I'm sure you've "smoked" plenty of things, Phil....

Sam Spade
SamSpade
Atlas Star

« Reply #37 on: February 27, 2009, 11:25:48 AM »

I wish you luck, Naso.

The military will be a good place for you - a good place to learn dignity and respect for others, as well as helping you learn to maintain a focus in life and keeping your goals.

And also, it's a good place to learn what life is really like.

If anything, I'd personally send most of the people on this forum to have a stint in the military.  They need it.

Maybe that makes me a supporter of the draft...  Oh well.
Tetro Kornbluth
Gully Foyle
Atlas Icon
Ireland, Republic of

« Reply #38 on: February 27, 2009, 04:42:56 PM »

I wish you luck, Naso.

The military will be a good place for you - a good place to learn dignity and respect for others, as well as helping you learn to maintain a focus in life and keeping your goals.

If anything, I'd personally send most of the people on this forum to have a stint in the military.  They need it.

Why do you bother to maintain the facade of know-it-all-ism? Your conservative moralism disguised fact is nauseting, you have basically posted the same thing for the past 500 or so posts. Nothing against your POV, except I don't agree with, but you are broken record by this stage.
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #39 on: February 27, 2009, 04:52:19 PM »

Well done Gully Foil! 

More people need to pile on this dazzleman clone.  It is especially annoying that he spouts this simpleminded drivel from a position of privilege.  Said position has done nothing to give him a reasonable aristocratic perspective.  There is nothing so wasted as wealth on an american.

On the other hand I suppose the British coined Colonel Blimp.

Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #40 on: February 27, 2009, 05:06:12 PM »

I wish you luck, Naso.

Why do you bother to maintain the facade of know-it-all-ism? Your conservative moralism disguised fact is nauseting, you have basically posted the same thing for the past 500 or so posts. Nothing against your POV, except I don't agree with, but you are broken record by this stage.

I agree, it's a little strange and annoying. Isn't the guy only like 28 and was he even in the military himself?
Reaganfan
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #41 on: March 05, 2009, 12:55:40 AM »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8bfgrj_62-Y

Me teaching a history class
bgwah
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.03, S: -6.96

« Reply #42 on: March 05, 2009, 01:01:51 AM »

Weird. I was under the impression you wanted some pussy weather job.
The Mikado
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #43 on: March 05, 2009, 01:39:36 AM »

What movie is that from?

It's an entertaining clip.  He's mostly wrong about Vietnam, and dead wrong about Korea.  Still entertaining.
bullmoose88
Atlas Icon

« Reply #44 on: March 05, 2009, 01:51:13 AM »

What movie is that from?

It's an entertaining clip.  He's mostly wrong about Vietnam, and dead wrong about Korea.  Still entertaining.

Back to school
Sam Spade
SamSpade
Atlas Star

« Reply #45 on: March 05, 2009, 02:57:38 PM »

I wish you luck, Naso.

Strange.  I thought most of my last 500 posts had to do with economic doomsday-ism.  Smiley

Though I guess all my posts occasionally have the sound of know-it-all-ism.

The principles that I'm stating that Naso will learn are very important.  Especially for him.  In fact, I often times wished I followed them more myself.

If that makes me preachy in a way, so be it.  Sorry...
Sam Spade
SamSpade
Atlas Star

« Reply #46 on: March 05, 2009, 03:03:36 PM »

I wish you luck, Naso.

I agree, it's a little strange and annoying. Isn't the guy only like 28 and was he even in the military himself?

Certainly was not - my family has a history of avoiding military service (with one notable exception and except for the Civil War - for different reasons).

In fact, I often regret that my life was quite too easy and that I never bothered to join.  My life is still too easy, actually.  Granted (with regards to the military), I have a medical condition that would probably kick me out of actual combat roles, but still...

And one other thing - especially for opebo - I'm still pissed off that certain posters drove dazzleman off the forum.  He was one of the few posters who, even though he tended to view things through a partisan lens, had his head on correctly and was worth talking to.  The forum has been, in many ways, a shadow of itself since then, even with the inclusion of certain new good posters (Torie comes to mind for example).
J. J.
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #47 on: March 05, 2009, 03:04:47 PM »

Congrats Mike!

College can be fun.  Smiley
Tetro Kornbluth
Gully Foyle
Atlas Icon
Ireland, Republic of

« Reply #48 on: March 05, 2009, 04:08:43 PM »
« Edited: March 05, 2009, 04:10:44 PM by The Man Machine »

I wish you luck, Naso.

Strange.  I thought most of my last 500 posts had to do with economic doomsday-ism.  Smiley

Though I guess all my posts occasionally have the sound of know-it-all-ism.

The principles that I'm stating that Naso will learn are very important.  Especially for him.  In fact, I often times wished I followed them more myself.

Okay fair enough, its just your conservative moralism towards the Young-ungs here greatly annoys me. I don't necessarily disagree with (some) of what you say. And I never claimed that I had my head screwed on correctly (much the opposite in fact; it's why I don't post on political issues any more.)

Though for the record, I didn't particularly like Dazzleman, though I think the forum was better with him in it.. but me and you two (That's you Sam and D-Man) come from completely different conceptual universes that basic communication is difficult some times.
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #49 on: March 05, 2009, 04:54:24 PM »

I don't know if 'preachy' is the word for it, but what it makes you is both patronizing and completely lacking in self-awareness.  Of course the 'principles' that will be beaten into Naso in the military will make him function better in his assigned role as a poor.  Naso is of the servant class.  You are not.  For you to suggest that you 'wished you followed' the principles of the craven automatons below you is just a pose or pretense, obviously.

...dazzleman ...was one of the few posters who... had his head on correctly and was worth talking to. 

By 'had his head on correctly' one can only assume you mean he shared:

Where do you get off pretending to know whether someone 'has their head on correctly'?  I disagree with all the sadomasochistic conservatives on the forum, but I don't think that their psychological oddities are 'incorrect'.
Pages: 1 [2] 3  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies