Survey Atlasia National HQ -Nyman, DC (Archiving May Polls)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 05, 2024, 07:49:08 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Survey Atlasia National HQ -Nyman, DC (Archiving May Polls)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 ... 44
Author Topic: Survey Atlasia National HQ -Nyman, DC (Archiving May Polls)  (Read 94009 times)
Alexander Hamilton
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.58, S: -5.13

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #125 on: October 16, 2009, 05:31:25 PM »

Don't you dare
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #126 on: October 16, 2009, 05:37:17 PM »

Its my thread, my company, my decision. There are no polls coming out for a day or two. THIS thread will now be locked. Congrats on being the final straw the broke the camels back. How hard is it not to clutter up a thread when asked?
Alexander Hamilton
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #127 on: October 20, 2009, 05:49:21 PM »

Very
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #128 on: October 20, 2009, 05:52:04 PM »

Presidential first Preference poll
https://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=103676.0

Who would you vote for, for President if the election were today?
Lief/Bacon King(JCP)   12 (25.5%)
Pit/Smid(RPP)   18 (38.3%)
Franzl/Swedish Cheese(DA)   11 (23.4%)
Al/Lewis Tronheim(LNF)    6 (12.8%)

Total Voters: 47
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #129 on: October 20, 2009, 05:55:08 PM »

Southeast Senate Election
https://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=103684.0

If the election were today, who would you vote for?
Sen. NC Yankee(RPP-NC)   5 (41.7%)
Gporter(JCP-TN)   4 (33.3%)
Xahar(LNF)    3 (25%)

Total Voters: 12
Alexander Hamilton
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #130 on: October 21, 2009, 01:00:23 AM »

cluttered
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #131 on: November 07, 2009, 04:38:48 PM »

Approval of Supreme Court
https://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=104491.0

What do you think of the Supreme Court/Justices?
Approve - Supreme Court   21 (15.2%)
Disapprove - Supreme Court   14 (10.1%)
Approve - Chief Justice Bullmoose   26 (18.8%)
Disapprove - Chief Justice Bullmoose   7 (5.1%)
Approve - Senior Associate Justice Opebo   25 (18.1%)
Diapprove - Senior Associate Justice Opebo   10 (7.2%)
Approve - Junior Associate Justice Sam Spade   21 (15.2%)
Disapprove - Junior Associate Justice Sam Spade   14 (10.1%)

Total Voters: 37

Surpreme Court
Approve:    60%
Disapprove: 40%

Chief Justice Bullmoose
Approve:    79%
Disapprove: 21%

Senior Associate Justice Opebo
Approve:    71%
Disapprove: 29%

Junior Associate Justice Sam Spade
Approve     60%
Disapprove  40%
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #132 on: November 07, 2009, 04:48:59 PM »

Abolition of Regional Senate seats.
https://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=104405.0

Do you support the abolition of Regional Senate seats?
Yes(JCP)   7 (17.9%)
No(JCP)   3 (7.7%)
Yes(RPP)   1 (2.6%)
No(RPP)   11 (28.2%)
Yes(DA)   3 (7.7%)
No(DA)   4 (10.3%)
Yes(LNF)   6 (15.4%)
No(LNF)   2 (5.1%)
Yes(IND)   0 (0%)
No(IND)   2 (5.1%)

Total Voters: 39

By party
Jesus Christ Party
Support: 70%
Oppose:  30%

Regional Protection Party
Support: 8%
Oppose:  92%

Democratic Alliance
Support: 42%
Oppose:  58%

Leipist National Front
Support: 75%
Oppose:  25%

Independents
Support: 0%
Oppose: 100%

Overall
Support: 44%
Oppose:  56%
Purple State
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #133 on: November 07, 2009, 09:25:12 PM »

That is an interesting result, considering the conventional wisdom of the current debate seems to indicate the opposite of this.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #134 on: November 07, 2009, 09:39:41 PM »

That is an interesting result, considering the conventional wisdom of the current debate seems to indicate the opposite of this.

Kalwejt's poll shows the same thing.
ilikeverin
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Timor-Leste

« Reply #135 on: November 08, 2009, 12:51:06 AM »

It's a disturbing result is what it is.

Perhaps if the wording were more general.  Marokai supports creation of a Council of Governors, for example, but the question wording specifically asks about conversion to all at-large.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« Reply #136 on: November 08, 2009, 05:40:59 AM »

I don't know how accurate this poll was. DA results seem very strange, for example, considering they claim to be the most reformist party.
Purple State
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #137 on: November 08, 2009, 07:32:31 PM »

I don't know how accurate this poll was. DA results seem very strange, for example, considering they claim to be the most reformist party.

Reform does not mean reforms that you deem as acceptable. The DA stands for pragmatism and moderation and openness. What the JCP or PCP or LNF, or any individual from those parties, see as reform may not be what the DA, or any individual in the party, sees as reform.

Simply abolishing the regional Senate seats and replacing them with at-Large seats is, on its face, not acceptable to me. If it were to include the creation of a Council of Governors as well, I would gladly back it.
Alexander Hamilton
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #138 on: November 08, 2009, 07:36:01 PM »

Reform does not mean reforms that you deem as acceptable. The DA stands for pragmatism and moderation and openness. What the JCP or PCP or LNF, or any individual from those parties, see as reform may not be what the DA, or any individual in the party, sees as reform.

Simply abolishing the regional Senate seats and replacing them with at-Large seats is, on its face, not acceptable to me. If it were to include the creation of a Council of Governors as well, I would gladly back it.

CoG is even worse. Not only does it mix legislative and executive (bad move) and erases regional sovereignty and/or federal sovereignty.
Purple State
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #139 on: November 08, 2009, 07:46:23 PM »

CoG is even worse. Not only does it mix legislative and executive (bad move) and erases regional sovereignty and/or federal sovereignty.

It mixes legislative and executive at two completely separate levels of governance, so opposing it on the basis of "separation of powers" is a straw man. Meanwhile, it maintains the same general balance we have now.

On the other hand, it should make the position of governor more exciting (more than just opening/certifying elections and signing/vetoing legislation), leading gubernatorial elections to be more competitive and exciting. This should also translate into better regional executive governance, which some of the regions clearly lack at the moment.
Alexander Hamilton
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #140 on: November 08, 2009, 07:53:45 PM »

It mixes legislative and executive at two completely separate levels of governance, so opposing it on the basis of "separation of powers" is a straw man. Meanwhile, it maintains the same general balance we have now.

On the other hand, it should make the position of governor more exciting (more than just opening/certifying elections and signing/vetoing legislation), leading gubernatorial elections to be more competitive and exciting. This should also translate into better regional executive governance, which some of the regions clearly lack at the moment.

It's only a strawman if you're not very bright. Take benconstine, known for being an incompetent executive, as an example. Ignore the fact that the region didn't make clear recently they disapprove of his legislative agenda and assume they do. He might end up destroying the regional government because of his stances on federal issues. On the other hand, we have Inks. An effective and respected Governor who is very conservative. With national issues, the region may not trust him. Is the region to sacrifice their regional government or federal representation?

Also, what makes you think these gubernatorial elections would somehow be more "exciting" than the current regional Senate elections?
Purple State
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #141 on: November 08, 2009, 08:51:49 PM »

It's only a strawman if you're not very bright. Take benconstine, known for being an incompetent executive, as an example. Ignore the fact that the region didn't make clear recently they disapprove of his legislative agenda and assume they do. He might end up destroying the regional government because of his stances on federal issues. On the other hand, we have Inks. An effective and respected Governor who is very conservative. With national issues, the region may not trust him. Is the region to sacrifice their regional government or federal representation?

Also, what makes you think these gubernatorial elections would somehow be more "exciting" than the current regional Senate elections?

Elections would be more exciting because the CoG would actually, if one does the math, be more powerful than the current regional Senate seats, making them more appealing and, therefore, more competitive races. I would also hope that the Senate doesn't simply replace the regional Senate seats with the same number of at-Large seats. Eight senators seems more preferable and would decrease the number of offices, thereby increasing competition.

In addition, while federal and local elections may be very different IRL, Atlasia doesn't have a tremendous amount of regional/federal variation because of its size/nature. I trust Inks at the regional level and I would trust him at the federal level.

Finally, you can throw out however many hypothetical as you want. I can make up scenarios too and so won't be addressing whatever colorful "what ifs..." you may invent. So far, I have yet to see a well-constructed argument against the "all at-Large + CoG" proposal that refrains from scare tactics and conspiracy theories.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #142 on: November 08, 2009, 08:56:04 PM »

Elections would be more exciting because the CoG would actually, if one does the math, be more powerful than the current regional Senate seats, making them more appealing and, therefore, more competitive races. I would also hope that the Senate doesn't simply replace the regional Senate seats with the same number of at-Large seats. Eight senators seems more preferable and would decrease the number of offices, thereby increasing competition.

In addition, while federal and local elections may be very different IRL, Atlasia doesn't have a tremendous amount of regional/federal variation because of its size/nature. I trust Inks at the regional level and I would trust him at the federal level.

Finally, you can throw out however many hypothetical as you want. I can make up scenarios too and so won't be addressing whatever colorful "what ifs..." you may invent. So far, I have yet to see a well-constructed argument against the "all at-Large + CoG" proposal that refrains from scare tactics and conspiracy theories.

Wouldn't the CoG just reignite the Strategic Registration and the so called "gaming of the system" that so many have complained about just like the Regional Senate seats. In this aspect, I don't see how there is any improvemnt.
Purple State
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #143 on: November 08, 2009, 09:17:58 PM »

Wouldn't the CoG just reignite the Strategic Registration and the so called "gaming of the system" that so many have complained about just like the Regional Senate seats. In this aspect, I don't see how there is any improvemnt.

So, more competitive elections now equals strategic registration? This grasping at straws to sink reform is incredibly disheartening. Either quit the reactionary ideology crap and discuss this on the merits or just send it to the voters. I'm past discussing every single made up argument as though it was a legitimate analysis of the matter at hand.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #144 on: November 08, 2009, 09:34:38 PM »

So, more competitive elections now equals strategic registration? This grasping at straws to sink reform is incredibly disheartening. Either quit the reactionary ideology crap and discuss this on the merits or just send it to the voters. I'm past discussing every single made up argument as though it was a legitimate analysis of the matter at hand.

I didn't make that up stupid. Marokai did as a justification for this so called compromise. He said this would reduce Strategic Registration.

By the way, I would suggest you refrain from copying and pasting your economic reports as GM. The Factory orders one reaked of it. Especially when you consider the fact that our stimulus didn't go into affect untill 6 months after the RL one was passed.
Alexander Hamilton
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #145 on: November 08, 2009, 10:47:02 PM »

I didn't make that up stupid. Marokai did as a justification for this so called compromise. He said this would reduce Strategic Registration.

By the way, I would suggest you refrain from copying and pasting your economic reports as GM. The Factory orders one reaked of it. Especially when you consider the fact that our stimulus didn't go into affect untill 6 months after the RL one was passed.

lol joke GM. I'm sick of the "Purple State is the only one who will do it" argument. I'll do it, and I'll do it better. Make me GM. For God's sake, the Senate confirmed Keystone Phil as AG. Getting through confirmation can't be too hard.
Purple State
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #146 on: November 08, 2009, 10:48:45 PM »

It was a copy and paste, which I made clear by adding the little "FT," for largely for the following reasons:
a) The US system of governance is much more diffused than Atlasia's (see how quickly France's stimulus worked)
b) Atlasia moves at a far quicker pace than real life (we have 3 presidential elections a year, meaning one Atlasian year is around 12 real years)

And, since when did my job as GM get into a conversation about regional Senate seats.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #147 on: November 08, 2009, 10:50:09 PM »

lol joke GM. I'm sick of the "Purple State is the only one who will do it" argument. I'll do it, and I'll do it better. Make me GM. For God's sake, the Senate confirmed Keystone Phil as AG. Getting through confirmation can't be too hard.

Its changed. I am there now. I ask tough questions. Tongue
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #148 on: November 08, 2009, 10:52:22 PM »

It was a copy and paste, which I made clear by adding the little "FT," for largely for the following reasons:
a) The US system of governance is much more diffused than Atlasia's (see how quickly France's stimulus worked)
b) Atlasia moves at a far quicker pace than real life (we have 3 presidential elections a year, meaning one Atlasian year is around 12 real years)

And, since when did my job as GM get into a conversation about regional Senate seats.

My inneffective style of debate thats what. Tongue.

What about Strategic Registration.
Purple State
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #149 on: November 08, 2009, 11:02:11 PM »

My inneffective style of debate thats what. Tongue.

What about Strategic Registration.

Something Marokai said? Please, he is as ideological as you and so is looking to build equally political arguments as you, just on the other side of the spectrum. I am a moderate and pragmatist here, so technically I disagree with the stances you both take, which appear radical and irrational to me. Tongue

EDIT: And don't encourage Hamilton please. You get him all excited about becoming GM someday. Not very nice NCY.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 ... 44  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies