Florida
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 02, 2024, 11:25:22 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Florida
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11
Author Topic: Florida  (Read 30515 times)
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix
E: 7.61, S: 0.00

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #100 on: May 19, 2009, 11:19:21 PM »

If its going to be that huge of a defeat I'll just vote D as a protest vote. However, I'm rooting for Rubio, even though I can't vote in the primary.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #101 on: May 19, 2009, 11:21:40 PM »

Good to see McCollum - a not so stellar candidate - beating OMG MOST POPULAR THING IN FL SINCE TEH EPCOT CENTER!!! Sink in the Gubernatorial race.
Lunar
Atlas Superstar
Ireland, Republic of
« Reply #102 on: May 19, 2009, 11:23:20 PM »

Uh, name recognition Phil, as you're quick to point out in polls that favor your candidates.  McCollum has run statewide, what, four times already?

People who favor Sink only point out that she's the most popular "Democrat" in the state, which I think is a fair assessment.

??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix

« Reply #103 on: May 19, 2009, 11:24:17 PM »

Sink is seen as pretty weak by the press around here.
Lunar
Atlas Superstar
Ireland, Republic of
« Reply #104 on: May 19, 2009, 11:25:46 PM »

Sink is seen as pretty weak by the press around here.

The odds favor her opponent, especially in an off-year.

But she's the best bet for the Democrats regardless.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #105 on: May 19, 2009, 11:33:08 PM »

Uh, name recognition Phil, as you're quick to point out in polls that favor your candidates.  McCollum has run statewide, what, four times already?

Ok but someone isn't as incredibly popular as you make her out to be if her name recognition is so low. That's my point.

And I'm quick to point out name recognition issues with "my candidates" but I also don't salivate at the idea that they're wildly popular.

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Then don't make her out to be the biggest deal in the state.
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #106 on: May 20, 2009, 12:29:13 AM »

I really hope that the Democrats have sense enough not to waste much in the way of resources on the Senate race.
Lunar
Atlas Superstar
Ireland, Republic of
« Reply #107 on: May 20, 2009, 12:30:50 AM »

I really hope that the Democrats have sense enough not to waste much in the way of resources on the Senate race.

The Democrats should open an Act Blue account for Marco Rubio.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #108 on: May 20, 2009, 12:40:41 AM »

Good to see McCollum - a not so stellar candidate - beating OMG MOST POPULAR THING IN FL SINCE TEH EPCOT CENTER!!! Sink in the Gubernatorial race.

1)According to the poll, among those who know her, Sink IS very popular.

2)You're a grown up now. Stop playing with strawmen.
HAnnA MArin County
semocrat08
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #109 on: May 20, 2009, 01:06:58 AM »

I mostly agree, Florida is pretty much a lost cause now with Crist in the race, but it's a huge battleground state so Democrats would be stupid not to target it. Don't forget that Crist isn't exactly all that popular among the neoconservatives in the state especially after he accepted the stimulus money and appeared with Obama at that town hall meeting or rally whatever. But in the long run, Obama could do a lot to help Kendrick Meek to make the race at least seemingly close.
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #110 on: May 20, 2009, 01:11:59 AM »

I mostly agree, Florida is pretty much a lost cause now with Crist in the race, but it's a huge battleground state so Democrats would be stupid not to target it. Don't forget that Crist isn't exactly all that popular among the neoconservatives in the state especially after he accepted the stimulus money and appeared with Obama at that town hall meeting or rally whatever. But in the long run, Obama could do a lot to help Kendrick Meek to make the race at least seemingly close.

I doubt many neoconservatives give a damn about the stimulus money, their focus is foreign policy.  In fact, I'm sure quite a few of them thought that the stimulus package was a good idea.
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix

« Reply #111 on: May 20, 2009, 01:20:57 AM »

I doubt many neoconservatives give a damn about the stimulus money, their focus is foreign policy.  In fact, I'm sure quite a few of them thought that the stimulus package was a good idea.

I think he just wanted to throw a random pejorative out.
HAnnA MArin County
semocrat08
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #112 on: May 20, 2009, 02:47:45 AM »

I think he just wanted to throw a random pejorative out.

I didn't mean neoconservatives as in the foreign policy hawks I just meant conservatives in general and somehow "neo" slipped in there by accident, sorry, and I wasn't trying to be pejorative by any mean. I was just making a point about how I have read and heard that when Crist accepted the stimulus money and appeared with Obama it angered a lot of Republicans, that's all. Neither of which I'm sure will matter over a year from now.
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix

« Reply #113 on: May 20, 2009, 08:01:06 AM »

I think it will matter when the populace finds out that the stimulus was a waste of both time and a whole whole lot of money.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #114 on: May 20, 2009, 11:48:52 AM »

1)According to the poll, among those who know her, Sink IS very popular.

She's polling in the same range as Toomey yet I've never seen a topic about Toomey being super popular and the second coming of Christ.

And we always see the analysis that McCollum is weak but never the spin that "among those that know him, McCollum is popular!"

You must be logged in to read this quote.

LOL

The point was always that Alex Sink is extraordinarily popular. Now you're moving the goal posts. "She's popular among...the few people that know her." If we're using this standard, why haven't the hacks here that talked up Sink's chances concede that McCollum is more popular?
Lunar
Atlas Superstar
Ireland, Republic of
« Reply #115 on: May 20, 2009, 12:04:06 PM »

Where are all of these people raving about Sink, Phil?  I think you need to take a chill pill Phil over this sink thing.  We both know this is a name recognition poll and we both know McCollum has far more of it.

I'm a constant presence in the Florida thread...and...I just don't remember seeing people going "OMG SINK" ever.  She's the most popular Democratic politician in the state, but that's it.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #116 on: May 20, 2009, 12:14:24 PM »

Where are all of these people raving about Sink, Phil?  I think you need to take a chill pill Phil over this sink thing.  We both know this is a name recognition poll and we both know McCollum has far more of it.

I'm a constant presence in the Florida thread...and...I just don't remember seeing people going "OMG SINK" ever.  She's the most popular Democratic politician in the state, but that's it.

Exactly.
Once again Phil is putting up strawmen in order to mock those who disagree with him.
I too haven't read any post raving about Sink and claiming she is Crist-like popular.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #117 on: May 20, 2009, 12:59:50 PM »

LOL

You never talked up Sink as an amazingly popular figure? Really? Wow.

No, we don't both know this is name recognition. You were going nuts over the woman months ago.

Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #118 on: May 20, 2009, 01:04:22 PM »

More crazy Phil fantasy that people made Sink out to be Christ-like...

if Sink isn't as great as people say she is.
Lunar
Atlas Superstar
Ireland, Republic of
« Reply #119 on: May 20, 2009, 01:12:40 PM »
« Edited: May 20, 2009, 01:14:30 PM by Lunar »

LOL

You never talked up Sink as an amazingly popular figure? Really? Wow.

No, we don't both know this is name recognition. You were going nuts over the woman months ago.

I researched all my posts and these seem to be the ones where I "go nuts" or "treat her as a Christ-like figure" or whatever your literally delusional memory is constructing.  Can you find anything else?

Oh, also OMGLOLLOLG

Connie Mack would tear Meek into shreds.  I would be confident on the outcome of the race if he were the nominee.

Including against Alex Sink (who has won statewide before and is a great fundraiser)?.  I'd have a hard time believing it'd be more than lean R in that scenario.

I think Boyd has a better chance to win than Meek does.  Besides, Boyd has a good record; a 100 from the NARAL, a 67 from the ACLU, and an 88 from the AFL-CIO.  Besides, Boyd will strongly support Obama.

Alex Sink has an even better chance to win - she has the best fundraising abilities and has proven ability to win statewide.  Why Boyd > Sink?

I guess Jesus Christ himself (D) can only make the race somewhere between lean R and tossup.

Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #120 on: May 20, 2009, 01:15:46 PM »

whatever your literally delusional memory is constructing. 

Again, see the quote from Sensei. I was the only one just imagining the hero worship for Sink...

if Sink isn't as great as people say she is.
Lunar
Atlas Superstar
Ireland, Republic of
« Reply #121 on: May 20, 2009, 01:16:42 PM »

No, let's go back to what you just said about me "going nuts" over her with the LOLOMGCHRIST stuff thrown in there to boot?  Where the hell is that coming from?
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #122 on: May 20, 2009, 01:18:05 PM »

She will defeat any Republican challenger that's not name Bush or Crist.

Bow in her glory - Alex Sink!

Floridians just go crazy over their CFO. Here's a list of the things they care about, in order...

The Beach
The Lord, Jesus Christ
Alex Sink
Cubans
Lunar
Atlas Superstar
Ireland, Republic of
« Reply #123 on: May 20, 2009, 01:19:52 PM »

So, one guy thinks she'll win the governor's race?

And the full quote from Sensei is hardly "going nuts" over her either or OMG CHRISTLIKEFIGURE

I don't really see things going too well if Sink doesn't run for whatever reason. She's the only current statewide officeholder with a D next to her name. That being said, we might end up seeing Betty Castor II: Electric Boogaloo, if Sink isn't as great as people say she is. She doesn't particularly have great name recognition in the state, and those figures be nowhere near Connie Mack's. Everyone in Florida knows Connie Mack the elder.

And I still what to know what the hell you meant when you said I "was going nuts" "LOL" over her months ago.

Nhoj
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 2.52, S: -7.74

« Reply #124 on: May 20, 2009, 01:21:51 PM »

She will defeat any Republican challenger that's not name Bush or Crist.

Bow in her glory - Alex Sink!

Floridians just go crazy over their CFO. Here's a list of the things they care about, in order...

The Beach
The Lord, Jesus Crist
Alex Sink
Cubans
fixed that for you Tongue
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies