The Official Mark Warner Atlas Fan Club Page
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 02, 2024, 07:16:06 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  The Official Mark Warner Atlas Fan Club Page
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Author Topic: The Official Mark Warner Atlas Fan Club Page  (Read 4822 times)
Boris
boris78
Junior Chimp
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: -1.55, S: -4.52

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: November 22, 2008, 04:24:13 PM »

why are you guy(s) on here wasting time jacking off to some politician? mark warner isn't going to get you anywhere in life; he's not going to get you money, or girls, or happiness. there is no correlation between mark warner and your well-being. so, what's the point, really?
Countess Anya of the North Parish
cutie_15
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.39, S: -4.35

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #26 on: November 22, 2008, 04:26:06 PM »

I have; I've been elected Lt. Governor of the Mideast 3 times, lost once for Governor, twice for Senate, although there've been another 2 Senate races where I didn't officially run, but received write-in votes, and I ran an abortive campaign for President before dropping out and supporting Supersoulty.

you should run in the next election. I would support you.Smiley

As would I (if I'm eligible to vote).

you are. you have more than 15 posts.

I wasn't eligible to vote this election because I hadn't registered in time, so it was a joke Wink

oh you might want to work on your jokes.
Kaine for Senate '18
benconstine
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #27 on: November 22, 2008, 05:30:05 PM »

why are you guy(s) on here wasting time jacking off to some politician? mark warner isn't going to get you anywhere in life; he's not going to get you money, or girls, or happiness. there is no correlation between mark warner and your well-being. so, what's the point, really?

We're posting on a political forum; why not have a thread about our (and other posters) favorite politician?
The Mikado
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #28 on: November 22, 2008, 05:32:26 PM »

Well, given his location and interests, Ben could very well end up working in Warner's Senate office, and I bet he could get hired on as staff if he wanted, eventually.  In which case Warner would be a steady paycheck.
Kaine for Senate '18
benconstine
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #29 on: November 22, 2008, 05:35:35 PM »

Well, given his location and interests, Ben could very well end up working in Warner's Senate office, and I bet he could get hired on as staff if he wanted, eventually.  In which case Warner would be a steady paycheck.

Dream job, that; actually being able to work with Warner; maybe run for his seat when he retires/get a job in the Warner Administration.
Hash
Hashemite
Moderators
Atlas Superstar
Colombia

« Reply #30 on: November 22, 2008, 05:40:55 PM »

Working in a Senators/MP/MPP's office is nothing spectacular and I hope it's not your dream job. Or else you're on drugs.
Boris
boris78
Junior Chimp
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: -1.55, S: -4.52

« Reply #31 on: November 22, 2008, 05:45:58 PM »

We're posting on a political forum; why not have a thread about our (and other posters) favorite politician?

If you're gonna have threads jacking off to politicians, do it for someone who fosters humor or comradeship such as Mike Gravel. I mean, this isn't even constructive or interesting debate about Warner's future in the U.S. Senate or a hypothetical higher office; it's just jacking off to the point of, "OMG WARNER HAD A 70% APPROVAL RATING AS  A DEMOCRAT IN VIRGINIA."

well, this isn't really getting him any closer to that goal, so i ask again, what's the point? I obviously don't really care what people post about nor do I have any interest in infringing upon their right to post what they're interested in; I'm just curious about their motivations, i guess.
Lunar
Atlas Superstar
Ireland, Republic of
« Reply #32 on: November 22, 2008, 06:30:37 PM »

Why is Warner more inspiring than the other potential Democratic contenders for 2016?  He's capable, but what makes him special besides the fact that he's local?
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #33 on: November 22, 2008, 06:44:05 PM »

Mark Warner is alright, but incredibly over-rated. He'll probably end up voting like a "centrist" DLC hack, and everyone will gush over how awesome and moderate is and he should for President. He's kind of a slightly more bearable Evan Bayh.
Kaine for Senate '18
benconstine
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #34 on: November 22, 2008, 06:44:31 PM »

Why is Warner more inspiring than the other potential Democratic contenders for 2016?  He's capable, but what makes him special besides the fact that he's local?

He was an extremely capable Governor, and his satte was the best managed in the country during his term.
Lunar
Atlas Superstar
Ireland, Republic of
« Reply #35 on: November 22, 2008, 07:18:41 PM »

He was an extremely capable Governor, and his satte was the best managed in the country during his term.

Ok, so he's an effective administrator.  But why the worship?

I can totally understand the Lieberman love - he stands out from the pack for better or for worse.  I don't see what Mark Warner does to differentiate himself significantly from other effective Democrats.
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #36 on: November 22, 2008, 07:19:36 PM »

50% (at least) chance of career killed by scandal.
Lunar
Atlas Superstar
Ireland, Republic of
« Reply #37 on: November 22, 2008, 07:20:08 PM »

50% (at least) chance of career killed by scandal.

If the rumors are true, I'd put it at a few notches less, but yeah.  He seems like he has something.
Countess Anya of the North Parish
cutie_15
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.39, S: -4.35

« Reply #38 on: November 22, 2008, 07:21:44 PM »

This is a sad thread.
Kaine for Senate '18
benconstine
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #39 on: November 22, 2008, 07:25:15 PM »

Ok, so he's an effective administrator.  But why the worship?

I can totally understand the Lieberman love - he stands out from the pack for better or for worse.  I don't see what Mark Warner does to differentiate himself significantly from other effective Democrats.

That's the thing: I feel that his ability did set him apart from other Democrats.  I'm not going to deny that his being a Virginian helps, but you don't see me being such a big fan of Tim Kaine, do you?  Warner is really the most capable Democrat out there, so I support him as such.
Lunar
Atlas Superstar
Ireland, Republic of
« Reply #40 on: November 22, 2008, 07:28:27 PM »

Well Warner has more potential than any other Virginian to go far.  I'm not saying you're inherently biased in favor of Warner because he's Virginian, but why not be excited about Bayh?

Bayh has been a great governor of Indiana and a capable moderate senator.  Bayh's still young enough to be president in eight years.

I just don't see what Warner has got.  Maybe he's the best of Democratic stars that doesn't stand out any notable way from the rest.  So, with nothing particularly outstanding about him, he maintains the best resume.  But that's nothing to get all excited about.

Kaine for Senate '18
benconstine
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #41 on: November 22, 2008, 07:32:42 PM »

Well Warner has more potential than any other Virginian to go far.  I'm not saying you're inherently biased in favor of Warner because he's Virginian, but why not be excited about Bayh?

Bayh has been a great governor of Indiana and a capable moderate senator.  Bayh's still young enough to be president in eight years.

I just don't see what Warner has got.  Maybe he's the best of Democratic stars that doesn't stand out any notable way from the rest.  So, with nothing particularly outstanding about him, he maintains the best resume.  But that's nothing to get all excited about.

Bayh is amazing, and a race between Bayh and Warner would be tough for me.  I think, in the end, I am a little biased for Warner becasue he's from Virginia, and I've been exposed to him more than other people.
Lunar
Atlas Superstar
Ireland, Republic of
« Reply #42 on: November 22, 2008, 07:34:49 PM »

So effectively it's all based around him being a solid, moderate administrator who happens to be from your state?  Haha, that's fair, but that's not really exciting.

I guess it's exciting to have local a politician who matches your own ideology be a potential frontrunner for the next Democratic primary.

One caveat though is that he refused to be vetted for Obama's VP, which is a weird decision for him.   More than a few people suspect he has something to hide.  I'm undecided.
Kaine for Senate '18
benconstine
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #43 on: November 22, 2008, 07:37:33 PM »

So effectively it's all based around him being a solid, moderate administrator who happens to be from your state?  Haha, that's fair, but that's not really exciting.

I guess it's exciting to have local a politician who matches your own ideology be a potential frontrunner for the next Democratic primary.

One caveat though is that he refused to be vetted for Obama's VP, which is a weird decision for him.   More than a few people suspect he has something to hide.  I'm undecided.

I give him a lot of credit for making us the best managed state in the country during his term.  And yes, perhaps I am more excited over Warner than a lot of people, but since it ain't hurting anybody, I don't care.

I am little concerned over why he refused to be vetted, but I don't think he did anything wrong, so I've put it out of my head.
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix
E: -6.77, S: 0.61

« Reply #44 on: November 22, 2008, 08:16:02 PM »

I'm not jacking off to Barbara Boxer, am I?
Lunar
Atlas Superstar
Ireland, Republic of
« Reply #45 on: November 22, 2008, 08:18:06 PM »

She has 0 potential to go further though
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix

« Reply #46 on: November 22, 2008, 08:22:15 PM »

Well, I wouldn't have been jacking off to Moscone, either.
Lunar
Atlas Superstar
Ireland, Republic of
« Reply #47 on: November 22, 2008, 08:33:58 PM »

who?
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix

« Reply #48 on: November 22, 2008, 08:46:10 PM »

who?

George Moscone. Name's been all over the local news recently.
Lunar
Atlas Superstar
Ireland, Republic of
« Reply #49 on: November 22, 2008, 08:48:13 PM »

who?

George Moscone. Name's been all over the local news recently.

*looks it up* the ex-mayor of San Francisco who died 30 years ago?

If I have no idea who you're talking about, as a political junkie, I doubt this Moscone guy is the equivalent of Warner who delivered the keynote address at the DNC convention.
Pages: 1 [2] 3  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies