Bush: If you oppose McCain you are the angry left
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 01, 2024, 09:07:49 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2008 Elections
  Bush: If you oppose McCain you are the angry left
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Bush: If you oppose McCain you are the angry left  (Read 2597 times)
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: September 02, 2008, 10:55:34 PM »

Yeah, no one could possibly have a reason to be unhappy with Bush or McCain except for the angry left.  What are we, 60% of the population?
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.65, S: -2.78

P P

« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2008, 10:59:59 PM »

That's not what he said at all.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2008, 11:01:29 PM »

The hell it is. I've had to suffer 7 1/2 miserable years of this sh**thead and he insults all of those of us who have suffered  by calling us the "angry left"?
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2008, 11:02:20 PM »

Jfern bending the truth again. Surprising!
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2008, 11:26:26 PM »

The hell it is. I've had to suffer 7 1/2 miserable years of this sh**thead and he insults all of those of us who have suffered  by calling us the "angry left"?

I just listened to the speech.  Unless he said "angry left" another time other than where I heard it, that's not what he said.
Everett
YaBB God

« Reply #5 on: September 02, 2008, 11:27:59 PM »

I just listened to the speech.  Unless he said "angry left" another time other than where I heard it, that's not what he said.
You must be logged in to read this quote.

http://www.cnn.com/2008/POLITICS/09/02/bush.transcript/index.html
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #6 on: September 02, 2008, 11:29:51 PM »
« Edited: September 02, 2008, 11:32:27 PM by Fmr. Chairman, Fmr. Governor, & Queen Mum Inks.LWC »

You must be logged in to read this quote.

http://www.cnn.com/2008/POLITICS/09/02/bush.transcript/index.html

That's the part I was referring to.  Where in that does it say that everybody who opposes McCain is part of the "angry left"?

That'd be like saying, "If growing up in a single-parent home didn't break Barack Obama's resolve to do what's best for his country, you can be sure the religious right never will" and saying that "If you oppose Obama, you are the religious right" (not that I'm saying religious right and angry left are analogous, this is just an example).
Sbane
sbane
Atlas Icon

« Reply #7 on: September 02, 2008, 11:37:05 PM »

(not that I'm saying religious right and angry left are analogous, this is just an example).

Yup the religious right is much much worse. Tongue
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #8 on: September 02, 2008, 11:42:22 PM »

And of course, jfern leaves when I point out his logical fallacy.
NOVA Green
Oregon Progressive
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #9 on: September 02, 2008, 11:53:28 PM »

I think this was actually an attempt to appeal to an issue that resonates with older voters who were on the Hawk side of the Vietnam war, not a position that cut nearly as much across party lines as some would assume today.

This was part of a carefully crafted speech aimed at multiple audiences.
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix
E: 7.61, S: 0.00

« Reply #10 on: September 03, 2008, 03:00:02 AM »

Is 940 heads and 60 tails statistically significant?
cannonia
United States

Political Matrix
E: 7.42, S: -1.30

« Reply #11 on: September 03, 2008, 04:21:00 AM »

This is one of the best examples of Bush Derangement Syndrome I've ever seen. Smiley
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #12 on: September 03, 2008, 07:53:02 AM »

Ok, now I see why J.J. calls him Jfraud
bullmoose88
Atlas Icon

« Reply #13 on: September 03, 2008, 10:21:23 AM »

Is 940 heads and 60 tails statistically significant?

What a blast from the past
elcorazon

« Reply #14 on: September 03, 2008, 10:35:23 AM »

truthfully, I thought the use of the phrase "angry left" was the weakest part of Bush's presentation.  It just struck me as an inappropriate term to be used by a sitting president.

And the way he phrased it definitely implied that those who want McCain to lose the election = the angry left... that said the implication is typical of political speeches.  That phrase just didn't ring proper to my ears.
Ronnie
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #15 on: September 03, 2008, 10:37:17 AM »

You love contorting people's words I see?
elcorazon

« Reply #16 on: September 03, 2008, 10:42:01 AM »

Fellow citizens: If the Hanoi Hilton could not break John McCain's resolve to do what is best for his country, you can be sure the angry left never will.

explain to me, what the above statement means, cuz I'm not sure.
Small Business Owner of Any Repute
Mr. Moderate
Atlas Icon
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #17 on: September 03, 2008, 10:52:31 AM »

Which are you not: angry, or left of center?
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #18 on: September 03, 2008, 11:11:52 AM »

Fellow citizens: If the Hanoi Hilton could not break John McCain's resolve to do what is best for his country, you can be sure the angry left never will.

It basically means that if the Hanoi Hilton couldn't break his resolve, the Democrats who are trying to make sure he loses in November, not necessarily your average Joe Democratic voter, won't be able to break his resolve.
elcorazon

« Reply #19 on: September 03, 2008, 11:14:44 AM »

It basically means that if the Hanoi Hilton couldn't break his resolve, the Democrats who are trying to make sure he loses in November, not necessarily your average Joe Democratic voter, won't be able to break his resolve.
interesting distinction.  so it means that those who want mccain to lose = the angry left, and that he will continue pushing forward despite the actions of those that want him to lose.

I'm pretty sure that the Right Wing wackos won't break Obama's resolve either.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #20 on: September 03, 2008, 11:19:49 AM »

interesting distinction.  so it means that those who want mccain to lose = the angry left, and that he will continue pushing forward despite the actions of those that want him to lose.

That's kinda what I'm saying.  Basically, angry left = the Democratic party base.  I compared them to the Religious Right (kinda) in an earlier post.  The point is, it's the 20-25% of the party who will always vote Demcoratic no matter what.
elcorazon

« Reply #21 on: September 03, 2008, 11:22:58 AM »

That's kinda what I'm saying.  Basically, angry left = the Democratic party base.  I compared them to the Religious Right (kinda) in an earlier post.  The point is, it's the 20-25% of the party who will always vote Demcoratic no matter what.
actually the angry left is NOT the democratic party base, and if that's the term you're using for them, it's a perjorative (sp?) term, that really doesn't apply, in my opinion.

and again, it's a much bigger piece of the electorate that wants to make sure mccain loses than just the dem base. 

my problem is mostly with using such a term.  just seemed beneath a sitting president.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #22 on: September 03, 2008, 11:25:05 AM »

actually the angry left is NOT the democratic party base, and if that's the term you're using for them, it's a perjorative (sp?) term, that really doesn't apply, in my opinion.

and again, it's a much bigger piece of the electorate that wants to make sure mccain loses than just the dem base. 

my problem is mostly with using such a term.  just seemed beneath a sitting president.

It's not me who's using that description.  That was my interpretation of what Bush said.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #23 on: September 03, 2008, 12:41:45 PM »

The idea of the "angry left", coming from the Republicans, is hilarious. They're the ones who are always hoping out loud that liberals/leftists/Muslims/foreigners/Mexicans/Clinton/Obama are murdered.
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix
E: 7.61, S: 0.00

« Reply #24 on: September 03, 2008, 12:43:05 PM »

They're the ones who are always hoping out loud that liberals/leftists/Muslims/foreigners/Mexicans/Clinton/Obama are murdered.

You can't be that stupid, can you?
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies