Bush: If you oppose McCain you are the angry left
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 18, 2024, 04:13:36 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2008 Elections
  Bush: If you oppose McCain you are the angry left
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Bush: If you oppose McCain you are the angry left  (Read 2645 times)
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: September 03, 2008, 12:44:07 PM »

The idea of the "angry left", coming from the Republicans, is hilarious. They're the ones who are always hoping out loud that liberals/leftists/Muslims/foreigners/Mexicans/Clinton/Obama are murdered.

This is getting trollish. Come on now.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #26 on: September 03, 2008, 12:54:40 PM »

The idea of the "angry left", coming from the Republicans, is hilarious. They're the ones who are always hoping out loud that liberals/leftists/Muslims/foreigners/Mexicans/Clinton/Obama are murdered.

This is getting trollish. Come on now.
Okay, I shouldn't have cast such a wide net. But the Conservative movement is by and a large an angry/belligerent movement. People like Ann Coulter and other similarly disgusting right-wing ideologues have called for such things, or implied such things. There was the instance of that Fox News commentator saying that she'd like both Osama and Obama to be offed a few months ago. To my knowledge, Michael Moore and Al Franken have never talked about killing or in some way inciting violence against any conservatives.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #27 on: September 03, 2008, 12:55:27 PM »

There was the instance of that Fox News commentator saying that she'd like both Osama and Obama to be offed a few months ago.

Uh...I don't remember that. Please cite.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #28 on: September 03, 2008, 12:56:12 PM »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4PESbFi__Sk
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #29 on: September 03, 2008, 12:57:38 PM »

Horrible. Hopefully, she was never invited back.

However, I know of no other people that have hoped for this.
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix
E: 7.61, S: 0.00

« Reply #30 on: September 03, 2008, 12:58:25 PM »

I've never even heard of that woman. Next?
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #31 on: September 03, 2008, 01:02:26 PM »

First google search result for "conservative t-shirts": http://www.thoseshirts.com/

You've got shirts, marketed and presumably purchased by conservatives, advocating waterboarding (torture) and execution; threatening violence; celebrating Ann Coulter's quote that we should invade Muslim countries, kill their leaders and convert them and joking about nuking Mecca (and killing thousands of innocent civilians in the process). Is this representative of every conservative or the entire conservative movement? No. But anger/belligerence is undeniably, in my mind, a significant part of the modern conservative movement.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #32 on: September 03, 2008, 01:05:54 PM »

First google search result for "conservative t-shirts": http://www.thoseshirts.com/

You've got shirts, marketed and presumably purchased by conservatives, advocating waterboarding (torture) and execution; threatening violence; celebrating Ann Coulter's quote that we should invade Muslim countries, kill their leaders and convert them and joking about nuking Mecca (and killing thousands of innocent civilians in the process). Is this representative of every conservative or the entire conservative movement? No. But anger/belligerence is undeniably, in my mind, a significant part of the modern conservative movement.

Ok, are we talking about Obama or something else now?

By the way, those that advocate such things are just as horrible. Both sides have their disgusting pieces of trash. It's just that I feel the need to point out the more recent, horrific attacks by the left wing activists that feel the need to trash Sarah Palin's daughter.
RJ
« Reply #33 on: September 03, 2008, 01:35:09 PM »

I thought Bush using the term "angry left" was inappropriate as well. I also think that while JFern's original point(which has long since been lost) wasn't quite presented appropriately, it brings to mind something that does urk me and I think it's something that the Republican Party is as guilty of sin as employing.

Bush's campaign 4 years ago associated certain things with others that had little or no relevance to each other and were used in bad taste. For instance, he used the phrase "free trade." "Free trade" may sound like something we'd all support because to oppose it would entail "non-free trade" or "restricted trade." In reality, Bush's idea of "free trade" is impossible to distinguish and differs greatly from what the consensus perception of it is. Then, there was "Support President Bush and the Troops." Once again, there was no separating them according to the Republicans everywhere, You must support the President in order to support the troops; to not do so would mean that one doesn't support the troops! That's just a mental trick. Bush has been full of these little ideals that are in bad taste. The Republican Party has employed this whole idea over the years and last night was no different. There were the signs at the convention that said "Country First" eluding to the fact that if you don't support John McCain and his party, you don't put your country first. There are boatloads of other examples of this. Unfortunately(or fortunately) there's not enough time to bring to light all the examples.

I do think that Bush eluded to those who oppose McCain and his party are part of the "angry left."
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #34 on: September 03, 2008, 03:23:59 PM »

I don't think that a President Obama will deride his opponents as the "angry right". Of course a President Obama would be a much better President, too.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies