School uniforms
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 11, 2024, 12:45:56 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Political Debate (Moderator: Torie)
  School uniforms
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6
Author Topic: School uniforms  (Read 14435 times)
War on Want
Evilmexicandictator
Junior Chimp
Uzbekistan

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -8.00

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: July 29, 2008, 09:48:26 PM »

Yep. So I am against ugly ones. I want my school to look like a country club, not a public school.
lol I dress like an odd mix of a skateboard kid, and prep person so that would not fly for me.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #51 on: July 29, 2008, 09:54:05 PM »

Yep. So I am against ugly ones. I want my school to look like a country club, not a public school.
lol I dress like an odd mix of a skateboard kid, and prep person so that would not fly for me.

A skateboard kid? So you wear a hat with your polo? I don't understand. Prep meaning you like American Eagle and Abercrombie?
War on Want
Evilmexicandictator
Junior Chimp
Uzbekistan

Political Matrix

« Reply #52 on: July 29, 2008, 10:03:51 PM »

A skateboard kid? So you wear a hat with your polo? I don't understand. Prep meaning you like American Eagle and Abercrombie?
Nah I just mean whatever is popular(like Quicksilver, Billabong, non tight pants), and the funny part is I don't even skateboard much so I am really a poser. Tongue
Kaine for Senate '18
benconstine
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #53 on: July 29, 2008, 10:28:47 PM »

I'm a cartoon character: t-shirt and basketball shorts every day of the year, even in the middle of winter.
War on Want
Evilmexicandictator
Junior Chimp
Uzbekistan

Political Matrix

« Reply #54 on: July 29, 2008, 10:32:56 PM »

I'm a cartoon character: t-shirt and basketball shorts every day of the year, even in the middle of winter.
Why? That is just stupid Ben. Tongue
The Mikado
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #55 on: July 29, 2008, 11:05:30 PM »

Really?  You aren't that far from me, and if I went out in shorts in DC in February I wouldn't make it two blocks.  Hell, I didn't go outside in shorts until mid-April this year.
War on Want
Evilmexicandictator
Junior Chimp
Uzbekistan

Political Matrix

« Reply #56 on: July 29, 2008, 11:08:26 PM »
« Edited: July 29, 2008, 11:14:21 PM by Evilmexicandictator »

Really?  You aren't that far from me, and if I went out in shorts in DC in February I wouldn't make it two blocks.  Hell, I didn't go outside in shorts until mid-April this year.
In Idaho you can't really wear shorts until mid-May and in some years June.

Average May 15th temp: High 67 F, Low 43F, Mean 55F

Average June 15th temp: High 73 F, Low 49 F, Mean 61F

See my point, by mid-September you pretty much already have to put them away.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #57 on: July 29, 2008, 11:28:19 PM »

Nah I just mean whatever is popular(like Quicksilver, Billabong, non tight pants), and the funny part is I don't even skateboard much so I am really a poser. Tongue

Well then you aren't preppy at all. Preps are people who drop $80 for a polo/lacoste shirt.

You'd fit right in at my college then. That's all those kids wear is t shirts and athletic shorts. I hate that look and it reminds me of white trash.
War on Want
Evilmexicandictator
Junior Chimp
Uzbekistan

Political Matrix

« Reply #58 on: July 29, 2008, 11:33:03 PM »

Well then you aren't preppy at all. Preps are people who drop $80 for a polo/lacoste shirt.

I know but there are no preps where I live so that is my way of explaining myself. Tongue
Flying Dog
Jtfdem
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #59 on: July 29, 2008, 11:43:55 PM »

I'm against it strongly now since I'm still in high school. Yet, in a year I'll probably be apathetic towards the whole debate. Yeah, I'm fickle like that.
Countess Anya of the North Parish
cutie_15
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.39, S: -4.35

« Reply #60 on: July 29, 2008, 11:46:50 PM »

Yup so many people are like that. For example when you ask your parents if they did drugs and they said yes but they won't let you do drugs. Remember just an example.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #61 on: July 29, 2008, 11:53:51 PM »

Yup so many people are like that. For example when you ask your parents if they did drugs and they said yes but they won't let you do drugs. Remember just an example.

Yeah, learning from mistakes is so fickle!
Flying Dog
Jtfdem
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #62 on: July 30, 2008, 12:05:02 AM »

Heh, actually not totally untrue. My parents did marijuana back in the 70's, now my mom is against medical marijuana.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #63 on: July 30, 2008, 12:14:35 AM »

Heh, actually not totally untrue. My parents did marijuana back in the 70's, now my mom is against medical marijuana.

That's my point. I agree that they oppose it now. I was being sarcastic about their reasoning.
Flying Dog
Jtfdem
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #64 on: July 30, 2008, 12:22:48 AM »

That's my point. I agree that they oppose it now. I was being sarcastic about their reasoning.

I gotcha.
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #65 on: July 30, 2008, 12:29:10 AM »

What if Obama took away school funds from schools that didn't comply with the new Federal School Uniform policy?  Would that be ok?
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #66 on: July 30, 2008, 12:37:07 AM »

That's different. I would've done pot if I had to live in the 70s, especially during the Carter years.
Sensei
senseiofj324
Atlas Icon
Panama

Political Matrix
E: -2.45, S: -5.57

« Reply #67 on: July 30, 2008, 12:51:46 AM »

I know but there are no preps where I live so that is my way of explaining myself. Tongue
Don't feel bad. I own 12 pairs of Etnies. And I've never been on a skateboard. They're just that comfortable.
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix
E: -6.77, S: 0.61

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #68 on: July 30, 2008, 01:23:33 AM »

Since we seem to be talking about clothing styles, I wear a plain shirt (either short- or full-sleeved), sometimes a sweater or jacket, and jeans or sweatpants. Never anything with lettering, never shorts. I look extraordinarily banal. But that's fine, since I have enough of a reputation that most everybody knows me (or, at least, about me).
Sensei
senseiofj324
Atlas Icon
Panama

Political Matrix
E: -2.45, S: -5.57

« Reply #69 on: July 30, 2008, 01:42:01 AM »

Since we seem to be talking about clothing styles, I wear a plain shirt (either short- or full-sleeved), sometimes a sweater or jacket, and jeans or sweatpants. Never anything with lettering, never shorts. I look extraordinarily banal. But that's fine, since I have enough of a reputation that most everybody knows me (or, at least, about me).
reminds me exactly of me at your age
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #70 on: July 30, 2008, 07:19:00 AM »

How do you not wear shorts?  Are you embarassed of your legs?  I'd never put on pants if I could help it.
cutie_15
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #71 on: July 30, 2008, 11:14:42 AM »

κυβερνήτης Sensei
 Etnies are soooo comfortable I totally agree with you.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #72 on: July 30, 2008, 11:42:02 AM »

Never shorts? Seersucker's and polos are the way to go here in the dirty south, my friend! Also, nantucket red pants/shorts too.

I have never heard of Etnies. I wear boat shoes/Sperry's.
cutie_15
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #73 on: July 30, 2008, 11:44:14 AM »

Well they are just like dc's
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star