Just for laughs - I had this Obama supporter tell me...
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 18, 2024, 05:47:00 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2008 Elections
  Just for laughs - I had this Obama supporter tell me...
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3
Author Topic: Just for laughs - I had this Obama supporter tell me...  (Read 2941 times)
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: July 22, 2008, 09:11:13 PM »

I have this friend who is very, very involved with the Democratic party here in PA. She's a huge Obama supporter. I met up with her and a few other friends (another one of them being so far left that she doesn't even really like Obama. She loves Kucinich though) and discussed some things about the Presidential race. Among other ridiculous things, she made the following prediction:

Obama will lose Pennsylvania. However, he's going to win Georgia and South Carolina. She was absolutely sure about that.

Why?

Because those states are basically "all black."

Yeah, I thought everyone would like that.  Smiley
The Mikado
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2008, 09:12:27 PM »
« Edited: July 22, 2008, 09:17:08 PM by Sir Joseph Porter, KCB »

I have this friend who is very, very involved with the Democratic party here in PA. She's a huge Obama supporter. I met up with her and a few other friends (another one of them being so far left that she doesn't even really like Obama. She loves Kucinich though) and discussed some things about the Presidential race. Among other ridiculous things, she made the following prediction:

Obama will lose Pennsylvania. However, he's going to win Georgia and South Carolina. She was absolutely sure about that.

Why?

Because those states are basically "all black."

Yeah, I thought everyone would like that.  Smiley

You mean they aren't?  Huh
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix
E: -6.77, S: 0.61

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2008, 09:12:39 PM »

Fax their resumes to CNN. Now.
MarkWarner08
Junior Chimp

« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2008, 09:13:10 PM »

Wow. Some partisans are ignoramuses. Stop the presses. I'm stunned. Stunned I tells ya!
Alcon
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2008, 09:14:33 PM »

I once had a five-minute argument with someone who was really, really convinced that Los Angeles was Republican.  His argument had something to do with everyone there being rich, which he knew because he saw the cars on I-5 around there.

Maybe we should bitch about the "VPs from neighboring states" things a little less and cut our losses.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2008, 09:16:25 PM »

I once had a five-minute argument with someone who was really, really convinced that Los Angeles was Republican.  

Wow. Some idiot told me LA was Republican as well. The best part was that he didn't even have an argument for it. No, he had no idea Riordan was Mayor.  Tongue
MarkWarner08
Junior Chimp

« Reply #6 on: July 22, 2008, 09:17:49 PM »

I once had a five-minute argument with someone who was really, really convinced that Los Angeles was Republican.  His argument had something to do with everyone there being rich, which he knew because he saw the cars on I-5 around there.

Maybe we should bitch about the "VPs from neighboring states" things a little less and cut our losses.
Common misconception about politics #124335: Rich /= Republican.  Most folks still think politics is polarized on largely economic lines. My grandmother, for example, likes to say she's a Republican because the GOP is  the party of the rich. According to her the rich "are rich because they know more than the rest of us."
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix

« Reply #7 on: July 22, 2008, 09:18:28 PM »

I once had a five-minute argument with someone who was really, really convinced that Los Angeles was Republican.  

Wow. Some idiot told me LA was Republican as well. The best part was that he didn't even have an argument for it. No, he had no idea Riordan was Mayor.  Tongue

Riordan?

Isn't the Mayor Villaraigosa?
MarkWarner08
Junior Chimp

« Reply #8 on: July 22, 2008, 09:20:57 PM »

Riordan?

Wink
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #9 on: July 22, 2008, 09:21:17 PM »

Riordan?

It was when Riordan was Mayor.
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix

« Reply #10 on: July 22, 2008, 09:21:56 PM »

Riordan?

But that was A Long Time Ago.
MarkWarner08
Junior Chimp

« Reply #11 on: July 22, 2008, 09:22:26 PM »

Riordan?

Relative to your lifetime...
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #12 on: July 22, 2008, 09:23:47 PM »

Riordan?

Ok, and so was this conversation. Are you done being irritating?
Nym90
nym90
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -2.96

P P P

« Reply #13 on: July 22, 2008, 09:25:15 PM »

Looks good to me!

But yeah, a lot of people are pretty clueless.
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix

« Reply #14 on: July 22, 2008, 09:26:19 PM »

Riordan?

Ok, and so was this conversation. Are you done being irritating?

No.
Flying Dog
Jtfdem
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #15 on: July 22, 2008, 09:26:27 PM »

And just for laughs, a McCain supporter said that Obama was going to lose CA.
Everett
YaBB God

« Reply #16 on: July 22, 2008, 09:26:56 PM »

Was she hot?
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #17 on: July 22, 2008, 09:28:55 PM »

This.

And, my grandfather said the same thing, that Obama will win SC because we have tons of blacks.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #18 on: July 22, 2008, 09:29:57 PM »

Uh...hah.

On a somewhat related note, she's a radical lesbian. Or is she bi this week? I forget.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #19 on: July 22, 2008, 09:32:20 PM »

It's just especially shocking because she is so well informed about other things.

This is the same girl who had no idea Santorum was a Roman Catholic until I told her. She tried arguing with me on that one as well.
Flying Dog
Jtfdem
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #20 on: July 22, 2008, 09:33:34 PM »

This is the same girl who had no idea Santorum was a Roman Catholic until I told her. She tried arguing with me on that one as well.

Well, it's not something I like readily admitting, either. Wink
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix

« Reply #21 on: July 22, 2008, 09:33:44 PM »

And just for laughs, a McCain supporter said that Obama was going to lose CA.

https://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=70275.0
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #22 on: July 22, 2008, 09:36:40 PM »

Hmmm... the rich being republican and the Working Class being democrats... I wonder where all of that went. What do you think? Do you think the electorate and the government was better off when there were the class wars or the culture/abortion wars?
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

« Reply #23 on: July 22, 2008, 09:46:50 PM »
« Edited: July 22, 2008, 09:55:56 PM by Torie »

I once had a five-minute argument with someone who was really, really convinced that Los Angeles was Republican.  His argument had something to do with everyone there being rich, which he knew because he saw the cars on I-5 around there.

The city of Los Angeles is rich Alcon. Look at the google aerial of the census tract below, which I picked at "random." I know it is "random" because I grew up there for awhile.  Yes, there is one little problem in the thesis however of your interlocuter. The census tract went KerryGore! (The dark blue zone is along Beverly Glen, where dope smoking trust fund babies whose parents aren't dead yet and close but not yet "there" yet Hollyweirds  live in "rustic" oblivion on narrow streets winding up the hills.) The pink bit is the edge of Beverly Hills which has been "taken over" by Jewish Iranians, oddly enough. The Democrat party isn't just for the poor anymore. Who knew? Tongue

Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #24 on: July 22, 2008, 09:51:22 PM »

The city of Los Angeles is rich Alcon. Look at the google aerial of the census tract below, which I picked at "random." I know it is "random" because I grew up there for awhile.  Yes, there is one little problem in the thesis however of your interlocuter. The census tract went KerryGore! The Democrat party isn't just for the poor anymore. Who knew? Tongue

I am guessing it was that entire "easy credit" thing that made the poor republican and the file sharing thing that made rich people democratic.
Pages: [1] 2 3  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies