Just for laughs - I had this Obama supporter tell me...
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 01, 2024, 07:05:51 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2008 Elections
  Just for laughs - I had this Obama supporter tell me...
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Author Topic: Just for laughs - I had this Obama supporter tell me...  (Read 2917 times)
The Mikado
Moderators
Atlas Star

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: July 22, 2008, 09:52:08 PM »

Hmmm... the rich being republican and the Working Class being democrats... I wonder where all of that went. What do you think? Do you think the electorate and the government was better off when there were the class wars or the culture/abortion wars?

Maybe we need What's the Matter With Connecticut: Why the Rich Vote Against Their Class Interests.
MarkWarner08
Junior Chimp

« Reply #26 on: July 22, 2008, 09:53:49 PM »

Hmmm... the rich being republican and the Working Class being democrats... I wonder where all of that went. What do you think? Do you think the electorate and the government was better off when there were the class wars or the culture/abortion wars?

Maybe we need What's the Matter With Connecticut: Why the Rich Vote Against Their Class Interests.
Exactly. At least the Kansans who shifted right have a good reason: their core values no longer fit the Democratic Party. The Greenwich socialites that toast Obama's candidacy disgust me.
TheresNoMoney
Scoonie
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -3.25, S: -2.72

« Reply #27 on: July 22, 2008, 10:44:33 PM »

Obama will lose Pennsylvania. However, he's going to win Georgia and South Carolina. She was absolutely sure about that.

Why?

Because those states are basically "all black."

Your friend is woefully ignorant/uninformed for someone who claims to be involved in politics! I could definitely see an average voter saying something like that, though.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #28 on: July 22, 2008, 10:46:40 PM »

Obama will lose Pennsylvania. However, he's going to win Georgia and South Carolina. She was absolutely sure about that.

Why?

Your friend is woefully ignorant/uninformed for someone who claims to be involved in politics! I could definitely see an average voter saying something like that, though.

No, no, it's not just a claim. She's very involved in local, state and even national politics.
TheresNoMoney
Scoonie
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #29 on: July 22, 2008, 10:47:16 PM »

No, no, it's not just a claim. She's very involved in local, state and even national politics.

That's really scary.
Beet
Atlas Star

« Reply #30 on: July 22, 2008, 10:48:21 PM »

Why?

While it serves as a ha-ha amusement moment for this forum, the fact is that you don't have to know jack sh*t about demographics to be involved in politics. All you need is to be able to work hard and talk to people, and be a little organized.

Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #31 on: July 22, 2008, 10:50:25 PM »

Why?

While it serves as a ha-ha amusement moment for this forum, the fact is that you don't have to know jack sh*t about demographics to be involved in politics. All you need is to be able to work hard and talk to people, and be a little organized.

Well, true, but it helps when you're discussing the factors in a campaign.
TheresNoMoney
Scoonie
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #32 on: July 22, 2008, 10:52:12 PM »

When you say she's involved, does that mean she volunteers for campaigns or that she actually holds a position within the local Democratic party?
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #33 on: July 22, 2008, 10:53:35 PM »

When you say she's involved, does that mean she volunteers for campaigns or that she actually holds a position within the local Democratic party?

It's not what she says. It's what we all know and see so don't think I'm just taking her word. It's beyond simple "volunteering." The girl basically has her own organization. I don't know why this is worth debating though. I guess you just want to dismiss her as a nobody but that's not the case.
Beet
Atlas Star

« Reply #34 on: July 22, 2008, 10:54:08 PM »

Why?

Well, true, but it helps when you're discussing the factors in a campaign.

True, but it's not like anyone's discussion is really going to be at a high level, except for the top organizers and managers who have inside information, or academics. Almost everyone else's discussion is one level of stupid or the other. Just a matter of how much.

Well what disturbs me more is she thinks Obama will lose Pennsylvania. Since she's worked there, she presumably knows something about it.
TheresNoMoney
Scoonie
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #35 on: July 22, 2008, 10:55:42 PM »

The girl basically has her own organization. I don't know why this is worth debating though. I guess you just want to dismiss her as a nobody but that's not the case.

I'm not trying to dismiss this at all, I'm just trying to figure out how somebody so involved in politics could be so uninformed! It would take this girl 5 minutes to do some research on the internet and find out how wrong she is. I wouldn't want somebody this lazy to be involved in party politics!
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #36 on: July 22, 2008, 10:58:17 PM »

True, but it's not like anyone's discussion is really going to be at a high level, except for the top organizers and managers who have inside information, or academics. Almost everyone else's discussion is one level of stupid or the other. Just a matter of how much.

It matters when you are trying to shape a campaign (which she is sometimes involved in).

The girl basically has her own organization. I don't know why this is worth debating though. I guess you just want to dismiss her as a nobody but that's not the case.

I'm not trying to dismiss this at all, I'm just trying to figure out how somebody so involved in politics could be so uninformed! It would take this girl 5 minutes to do some research on the internet and find out how wrong she is. I wouldn't want somebody this lazy to be involved in party politics!

Well, she's not lazy when it comes to campaigning. She organizes and gets done what she wants done.
Beet
Atlas Star

« Reply #37 on: July 22, 2008, 10:59:10 PM »

It matters when you are trying to shape a campaign (which she is sometimes involved in).

Is she trying to shape Obama's Georgia and South Carolina campaigns?

This is why I said I was worried about the Pennsylvania remarks.
HardRCafé
YaBB God
Italy
« Reply #38 on: July 22, 2008, 11:08:48 PM »

Why?

Young Republicans here argued the same thing with me until I realized they were indifferent to the result and cared only about drinking.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #39 on: July 22, 2008, 11:13:40 PM »

No, no. She's very involved here though.  Wink  Luckily for Obama, she's not that high up to be making strategic decisions across the state.
MarkWarner08
Junior Chimp

« Reply #40 on: July 22, 2008, 11:18:59 PM »

That's really scary.
"Very involved" = actually reads past the headlines of news stories in USA Today?
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #41 on: July 22, 2008, 11:21:00 PM »

That's really scary.
"Very involved" = actually reads past the headlines of news stories in USA Today?

Uh...I think I made that clear.  Tongue
MarkWarner08
Junior Chimp

« Reply #42 on: July 22, 2008, 11:26:31 PM »

That's really scary.

I still don't believe it. Tongue
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #43 on: July 22, 2008, 11:27:47 PM »

That's really scary.

You love PA 6 right? You have family in the area that were involved there, right? I bet they'd know about her.  Tongue
MarkWarner08
Junior Chimp

« Reply #44 on: July 22, 2008, 11:31:01 PM »

That's really scary.

You love PA 6 right? You have family in the area that were involved there, right? I bet they'd know about her.  Tongue
Oh, no. She sounds like one of those rich Main Line maidens who thinks she knows a lot about politics.

Does she look like Ellen Harley? I bet she was a Harley supporter back in '94.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #45 on: July 22, 2008, 11:35:32 PM »

Oh, no. She sounds like one of those rich Main Line maidens who thinks she knows a lot about politics.

Well, she's about a year or two older than me so I don't think she really supported anyone in 1994.  Tongue

She's not a rich Main Line girl. She's originally from Delaware county but now lives in Philly. Funny enough, I heard a story from her tonight about how one of "her volunteers" registered her to vote out on the Main Line.
Beet
Atlas Star

« Reply #46 on: July 22, 2008, 11:43:29 PM »

No, no. She's very involved here though.  Wink  Luckily for Obama, she's not that high up to be making strategic decisions across the state.

That depends on who is. Smiley

A lot of the time the real good people who you would want directing a state have actual, you know, families, lives, and salaries. Which is pretty much the problem for all political campaign managers.
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

« Reply #47 on: July 22, 2008, 11:48:33 PM »

Well, she's about a year or two older than me so I don't think she really supported anyone in 1994.  Tongue

She's not a rich Main Line girl. She's originally from Delaware county but now lives in Philly. Funny enough, I heard a story from her tonight about how one of "her volunteers" registered her to vote out on the Main Line.

She just wants your body Phil. Do your duty!
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #48 on: July 22, 2008, 11:53:17 PM »

She just wants your body Phil. Do your duty!

Wow. You don't know how wrong that is. Seriously.
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

« Reply #49 on: July 22, 2008, 11:56:09 PM »

OK.
Pages: 1 [2] 3  
« previous next »
Jump to: