Update: John Edwards Confesses to Affair but Denies Paternity
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 10:16:17 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2008 Elections
  Update: John Edwards Confesses to Affair but Denies Paternity
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7
Author Topic: Update: John Edwards Confesses to Affair but Denies Paternity  (Read 16539 times)
© tweed
Miamiu1027
Atlas Superstar
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #100 on: August 08, 2008, 04:38:52 PM »

does anyone doubt this story now?

You must be logged in to read this quote.
ChrisFromNJ

Political Matrix
E: -5.35, S: -8.61

« Reply #101 on: August 08, 2008, 04:42:16 PM »

It seems like Kerry was right to disown him after the election - and the nutroots was wrong.

Give credit to most of the Democratic primary voters - they say through his fake hucksterism and abandoned him in favor of two better candidate.s
bullmoose88
Atlas Icon

« Reply #102 on: August 08, 2008, 04:43:37 PM »

I never liked Edwards (his trial lawyer background was the only thing I liked.).  I always got a weird vibe from him when I saw him on tv.
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #103 on: August 08, 2008, 04:56:44 PM »

I don't doubt the story, but I do think it was an idiotic thing for Kerry to ask.  It still boggles my mind that Kerry thought he might actually have another shot in 2008 if he lost to Bush in 2004.
anti_leftist
Rookie

Political Matrix
E: 1.68, S: -3.65

« Reply #104 on: August 08, 2008, 05:01:21 PM »

I don't doubt the story, but I do think it was an idiotic thing for Kerry to ask.  It still boggles my mind that Kerry thought he might actually have another shot in 2008 if he lost to Bush in 2004.

The second part of that isn't what bothers me....just typical political opportunism.

But the first part about him basically exploiting his dead son (repeatedly) to advance his political career is utterly sickening.
Conan
conan

« Reply #105 on: August 08, 2008, 05:18:15 PM »

Scum. I wonder why he even bothered to reveal this. He still doesnt have a future if you ask me.

Elizabeth is a much better person.
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix
E: 7.61, S: 0.00

« Reply #106 on: August 08, 2008, 05:29:37 PM »

Is this the two Americas he was referring to?
Aizen
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -9.22

« Reply #107 on: August 08, 2008, 05:34:07 PM »

I never supported Edwards because he was a fraud but I never hated him. I can't believe he actually went and pulled a John McCain. John Edwards is human trash
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #108 on: August 08, 2008, 05:40:17 PM »

This is hardly better than cheating on your crippled wife with a rich beer heiress so that you can launch your political career, but that doesn't excuse it at all. It's really none of our business though. He is though an asshole for running for President after this. What an October surprise this would have been.
HardRCafé
YaBB God
Italy
« Reply #109 on: August 08, 2008, 05:44:11 PM »

It's really none of our business though.

At what point exactly would it become our business?
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #110 on: August 08, 2008, 05:45:22 PM »

How is someone's personal life our business?
J. J.
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #111 on: August 08, 2008, 05:47:46 PM »

This is hardly better than cheating on your crippled wife with a rich beer heiress so that you can launch your political career, but that doesn't excuse it at all. It's really none of our business though. He is though an asshole for running for President after this. What an October surprise this would have been.

Actually, she's not "crippled," though she was in an accident while John McCain was a Prisoner of War.  Carol said this terrible thing about John:  "He’s a good guy. We are still good friends. He is the best man for president."

I don't call one of my old girlfriends a "good girl."
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

« Reply #112 on: August 08, 2008, 05:48:06 PM »

Staring at the tube and lying his ass off to us, is offensive to me, and when a public figure lies to me, well yes, it is my business. And in this case the liar was a sanctimonious prig, who preened his goodness around as if he were a saint. The man should be put in stocks in the public square, and not allowed to touch his hair for a week.
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

« Reply #113 on: August 08, 2008, 05:52:45 PM »

I sense that you have this habit, that when a Democrat is caught out, you rummage your files for some Pubbie to flagellate, compulsively seeking partisan symmetry for the sins of your party's product lines. Can't we let each sin stand on its own for awhile, before finding where it fits in the matrices?
The Man From G.O.P.
TJN2024
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #114 on: August 08, 2008, 05:54:13 PM »

HEY TN2024, THE NAT ENQ IS A RAG F**K OFF YOU RIGHT WING HACK

Oh, hey....
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix

« Reply #115 on: August 08, 2008, 05:54:37 PM »

HEY TN2024, THE NAT ENQ IS A RAG F**K OFF YOU RIGHT WING HACK

Oh, hey....

Smiley
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix

« Reply #116 on: August 08, 2008, 05:58:38 PM »

The Enquirer has tried running this story before, it's never gotten anywhere. Trash this like you would an ARG poll

Hmm...a paper that preys upon people at the bottom of the economic spectrum going after a candidate that pushes policies most beneficial to them...so surprised.  At least he's getting some attn. from the "liberal" media, unlike those politicians from each party that were rated most favorably by corporate America.

National Enquirer + Internet blogs + Edward's various political enemies, does not equal a believable story.

Seriously? The National Enquirer? Seriously?

Grin

As a general rule, when sleaze rags start getting very specific about details they probably aren't making the whole thing up.

Smiley Thx, Al.

anti_leftist
Rookie

Political Matrix
E: 1.68, S: -3.65

« Reply #117 on: August 08, 2008, 06:03:08 PM »

How is someone's personal life our business?

In addition to the reasons already mentioned, Edwards tried conveying himself as the courageous man "standing by his sick wife" during the campaign to boost his chances.

What a guy. Exploits his dead son and dying wife for political gain all the while banging some pretty disgusting ass.
HardRCafé
YaBB God
Italy
« Reply #118 on: August 08, 2008, 06:04:14 PM »

Doesn't he still have two more kids to exploit?
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix

« Reply #119 on: August 08, 2008, 06:04:51 PM »

What a guy. Exploits his dead son and dying wife for political gain all the while banging some pretty disgusting ass.

What do you expect from a lawyer? Roll Eyes
Aizen
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -9.22

« Reply #120 on: August 08, 2008, 06:05:54 PM »

Actually, she's not "crippled," though she was in an accident while John McCain was a Prisoner of War.  Carol said this terrible thing about John:  "He’s a good guy. We are still good friends. He is the best man for president."

I don't call one of my old girlfriends a "good girl."

Are you seriously trying to justify McCain here? "He's a good guy"? Seems like thinly veiled resentment to me.
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #121 on: August 08, 2008, 07:08:07 PM »

The Enquirer has tried running this story before, it's never gotten anywhere. Trash this like you would an ARG poll

Hmm...a paper that preys upon people at the bottom of the economic spectrum going after a candidate that pushes policies most beneficial to them...so surprised.  At least he's getting some attn. from the "liberal" media, unlike those politicians from each party that were rated most favorably by corporate America.

National Enquirer + Internet blogs + Edward's various political enemies, does not equal a believable story.

Seriously? The National Enquirer? Seriously?

Grin

As a general rule, when sleaze rags start getting very specific about details they probably aren't making the whole thing up.

Smiley Thx, Al.

Don't forget all the gems in this thread:

https://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=66543.0
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #122 on: August 08, 2008, 07:12:58 PM »

What a guy Edwards is! An ambulance chaser who cheats on his cancer stricken wife! You can bet that that kid is his too!
Reaganfan
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #123 on: August 08, 2008, 07:16:45 PM »

If you all remember...

....I always wanted Edwards to be the nominee....if he had been the nominee...hahahahah!
HardRCafé
YaBB God
Italy
« Reply #124 on: August 08, 2008, 07:22:17 PM »

What a guy Edwards is! An ambulance chaser who cheats on his cancer stricken wife! You can bet that that kid is his too!

Does anyone else think it's creepier if his campaign aide got sloppy seconds?  That is the story he's sticking to.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies