Jesse Helms Dead at 86
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 12:36:11 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Jesse Helms Dead at 86
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9
Author Topic: Jesse Helms Dead at 86  (Read 21400 times)
bullmoose88
Atlas Icon

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: July 04, 2008, 03:15:12 PM »

An evil man has died.  I hope that God has more mercy on him than he showed to his fellow man.

^this
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: 9.16, S: -3.13

« Reply #51 on: July 04, 2008, 03:16:17 PM »

Well, I hope people remember this thread when I do more than not shed a tear over Ted Kennedy's impending death, 39 years after his victim.
Smash255
Atlas Icon

« Reply #52 on: July 04, 2008, 03:18:00 PM »

An evil man has died.  I hope that God has more mercy on him than he showed to his fellow man.
notice how down is quiet when his fellow Republican blasts Helms.
Nah, I just didn't read the thread since then.  Its really dispicable, however, it still continues to prove my point.  All I did was acknowlege something Ted Kennedy did and everyone freaked out, but when people who did more than be born with a silver spoon in their mouth die they can bashed relentelessly to high heaven.  The forum has no class

You called Kennedy something he wasn't.  It was an accident that was Kennedy's fault and that he handled poor;y.  Helms on the other time was a lifelong racist, and his entire career was based off that racism.
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #53 on: July 04, 2008, 03:19:40 PM »

Nah, I just didn't read the thread since then.  Its really dispicable, however, it still continues to prove my point.  All I did was acknowlege something Ted Kennedy did and everyone freaked out, but when people who did more than be born with a silver spoon in their mouth die they can bashed relentelessly to high heaven.  The forum has no class
Does anyone else find it hilarious that DWTL thinks he can lecture us about "class"?
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #54 on: July 04, 2008, 03:20:37 PM »

Nah, I just didn't read the thread since then.  Its really dispicable, however, it still continues to prove my point.  All I did was acknowlege something Ted Kennedy did and everyone freaked out, but when people who did more than be born with a silver spoon in their mouth die they can bashed relentelessly to high heaven.  The forum has no class

You called Kennedy something he wasn't.  It was an accident that was Kennedy's fault and that he handled poor;y.  Helms on the other time was a lifelong racist, and his entire career was based off that racism.
Kennedy let an innocent women die, holds a position that allows innocent children to die, robs the rich with tax increases, and has other policies than are dispicable.  On top of that, he is an elitist snob.
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #55 on: July 04, 2008, 03:21:20 PM »

Nah, I just didn't read the thread since then.  Its really dispicable, however, it still continues to prove my point.  All I did was acknowlege something Ted Kennedy did and everyone freaked out, but when people who did more than be born with a silver spoon in their mouth die they can bashed relentelessly to high heaven.  The forum has no class
Does anyone else find it hilarious that DWTL thinks he can lecture us about "class"?
I'm not claiming to be a classy person at all, I just find it hilarious that the people that tried to lecture me on class with Ted Kennedy have the nerve to say horrendous things about Helms now
Smash255
Atlas Icon

« Reply #56 on: July 04, 2008, 03:25:23 PM »

I'm not claiming to be a classy person at all, I just find it hilarious that the people that tried to lecture me on class with Ted Kennedy have the nerve to say horrendous things about Helms now

The difference is Kennedy wasn't what you said he was in the post in the thread, Helms is every bit of what others on here are saying he was.  Yeah I know you agree with his racist policies and that in your mind makes it ok...
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #57 on: July 04, 2008, 03:26:41 PM »

The difference is Kennedy wasn't what you said he was in the post in the thread, Helms is every bit of what others on here are saying he was.  Yeah I know you agree with his racist policies and that in your mind makes it ok...
Pick and choose, pick and choose.  Obviously you can find no wrong in Ted Kennedy, and myself in Jesse Helms.  This is obviously a point that cannot be debated.  However, the utter lack of class in demeaning a man who has just died is all I could expect from you.
MasterJedi
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #58 on: July 04, 2008, 03:30:16 PM »

I really have no love for the guy but may he RIP.
The Mikado
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #59 on: July 04, 2008, 03:30:28 PM »

OK.  I can't tell what is more tacky, people bashing Helms on his death day (only people who deserve that are murdering scum like Abu Musab al-Zarqawi) or DWTL turning this into another partisan bickering session.

Jesse Helms is dead.  My thoughts are with the Helms family.  Now is not the time to bicker over his legacy.
Smash255
Atlas Icon

« Reply #60 on: July 04, 2008, 03:34:12 PM »

Pick and choose, pick and choose.  Obviously you can find no wrong in Ted Kennedy, and myself in Jesse Helms.  This is obviously a point that cannot be debated.  However, the utter lack of class in demeaning a man who has just died is all I could expect from you.

First off you did the exact same thing.  

Secondly, Helms was a devout racist and used his power to promote racism, to compare him and Kennedy is just insane.  I wasn't even going to really enter into this discussion, but what he promoted was horrendous.
Nym90
nym90
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -2.96

P P P
« Reply #61 on: July 04, 2008, 03:34:12 PM »

Favorite Jesse Helms moments--suggesting President Clinton better not come to North Carolina because he'd get shot, and whistling Dixie while on the Capitol elevator with Carol Moseley Braun.

RIP.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #62 on: July 04, 2008, 03:35:27 PM »

It's a shame he didn't get to live long enough to see Barack Obama inaugurated.
War on Want
Evilmexicandictator
Junior Chimp
Uzbekistan

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -8.00

« Reply #63 on: July 04, 2008, 03:35:35 PM »

I do, it is quite hilarious.
Albus Dumbledore
Havelock Vetinari
Congo, The Democratic Republic of the

Political Matrix
E: -0.71, S: -2.17

« Reply #64 on: July 04, 2008, 03:37:15 PM »

War on Want
Evilmexicandictator
Junior Chimp
Uzbekistan

Political Matrix

« Reply #65 on: July 04, 2008, 03:37:33 PM »

OK.  I can't tell what is more tacky, people bashing Helms on his death day (only people who deserve that are murdering scum like Abu Musab al-Zarqawi) or DWTL turning this into another partisan bickering session.

Jesse Helms is dead.  My thoughts are with the Helms family.  Now is not the time to bicker over his legacy.
I agree with the sentiments in your post but I don't think Helms deserves any respect only his family does. I think most of the forum's LGBT group definatley has the right to show him no respect.
Smash255
Atlas Icon

« Reply #66 on: July 04, 2008, 03:42:20 PM »

^^^^^^
Albus Dumbledore
Havelock Vetinari
Congo, The Democratic Republic of the

Political Matrix
E: -0.71, S: -2.17

« Reply #67 on: July 04, 2008, 03:44:56 PM »

I agree with the sentiments in your post but I don't think Helms deserves any respect only his family does. I think most of the forum's LGBT group definatley has the right to show him no respect.
Also those of us who are nonchristian or nonwhite. We owe him zero respect whatsoever.
Kaine for Senate '18
benconstine
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #68 on: July 04, 2008, 03:46:23 PM »

Sad thing is, in his condition, he may not have even known what was happening.
ChrisFromNJ

Political Matrix
E: -5.35, S: -8.61

« Reply #69 on: July 04, 2008, 03:47:27 PM »

Jessie Helms deserves respect for what reason?

When did he ever show respect to gays, blacks and women?

Fcuk him. I'd let my dog piss on his grave for all I care.
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #70 on: July 04, 2008, 03:52:39 PM »

Do we really wonder why so many posters leave this forum?
ChrisFromNJ

Political Matrix
E: -5.35, S: -8.61

« Reply #71 on: July 04, 2008, 03:54:09 PM »

Do we really wonder why so many posters leave this forum?

Because people here call a spade a spade?

Helms was an unrepentant and unapologetic bigot.

He gave no respect, and he deserves no respect.
Boris
boris78
Junior Chimp
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: -1.55, S: -4.52

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #72 on: July 04, 2008, 03:56:01 PM »

whistling Dixie while on the Capitol elevator with Carol Moseley Braun.

lol, imagine if he had done that while in an elevator with Cynthia McKinney.
Flying Dog
Jtfdem
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #73 on: July 04, 2008, 04:00:36 PM »

It's funny when a elementary saying is so appropriate here: If you have nothing nice to say, don't say anything at all.

I have strong personal feelings about Helms and his "legacy" However, a man has died. Can we not form some sense of civility here?

Like I said previously, I'll personally be praying for the soul of Helms and for God to have mercy on it.
War on Want
Evilmexicandictator
Junior Chimp
Uzbekistan

Political Matrix

« Reply #74 on: July 04, 2008, 04:03:33 PM »

whistling Dixie while on the Capitol elevator with Carol Moseley Braun.

lol, imagine if he had done that while in an elevator with Cynthia McKinney.
Oh boy lol that would have been bad
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies