Atlasian Unity Bloc Founding Convention
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 17, 2024, 11:50:21 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Atlasian Unity Bloc Founding Convention
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6
Author Topic: Atlasian Unity Bloc Founding Convention  (Read 9933 times)
Sensei
senseiofj324
Atlas Icon
Panama

Political Matrix
E: -2.45, S: -5.57

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: June 23, 2008, 09:04:28 PM »

There's enough of us now, I think.

First things first. The floor is open for nominations for Party Chairman.
Kaine for Senate '18
benconstine
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2008, 09:50:36 PM »

I'll nominate Sensei.
Sensei
senseiofj324
Atlas Icon
Panama

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2008, 09:51:43 PM »

I accept the nomination

further nominations are welcome and there will be a vote in the event of multiple accepted nominations.
Meeker
meekermariner
Atlas Icon

« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2008, 10:15:54 PM »

I second the nomination of Sensei
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix
E: -6.77, S: 0.61

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2008, 11:26:34 PM »

Here's a tip:

Find a real name.
Sensei
senseiofj324
Atlas Icon
Panama

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2008, 11:47:10 PM »

here's a tip:

get elected to something.
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: June 24, 2008, 12:02:19 AM »
« Edited: June 24, 2008, 12:13:04 AM by Vice-Chairman زَهَـرْ »

Your first office was Southeast Lieutenant Governor. I don't think you quite understand how much harder it is to win in the Pacific than in the Southeast or the Mideast or, after having built up a record in easy regions, on a national level: you hardly lifted a finger this last election and got second place. Ever wondered why Meeker is registered in Virginia rather than Washington? There's a reason for it.

I did a whole lot of work in my Senate campaign, probably more than you have in all yours combined. Very little of it was public, but I did massive amounts of work behind-the-scenes. How do you think Torie managed to accomplish what he has? Not all by himself, that's for sure.

I'd like to think that that's worthy of some respect. But I guess not.

EDIT: Look at how AHDuke just got elected to your first office.
Sensei
senseiofj324
Atlas Icon
Panama

Political Matrix

« Reply #7 on: June 24, 2008, 12:23:25 AM »

Your first office was Southeast Lieutenant Governor. I don't think you quite understand how much harder it is to win in the Pacific than in the Southeast or the Mideast or, after having built up a record in easy regions, on a national level: you hardly lifted a finger this last election and got second place. Ever wondered why Meeker is registered in Virginia rather than Washington? There's a reason for it.

I did a whole lot of work in my Senate campaign, probably more than you have in all yours combined. Very little of it was public, but I did massive amounts of work behind-the-scenes. How do you think Torie managed to accomplish what he has? Not all by himself, that's for sure.

... and you have nothing to show for it, unfortunately. I'd rather have you in the senate than Friz, obviously, but that wasn't going to and isn't going to happen. Nobody's forcing you to stay in the Pacific.
Kaine for Senate '18
benconstine
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #8 on: June 24, 2008, 12:27:16 AM »

... and you have nothing to show for it, unfortunately. I'd rather have you in the senate than Friz, obviously, but that wasn't going to and isn't going to happen. Nobody's forcing you to stay in the Pacific.

Exactly.  Move to the Midwest or Northeast, or Southeast.  Stay out of the Mideast; there's already a backup of office seekers.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.65, S: -2.78

P P

« Reply #9 on: June 24, 2008, 12:28:07 AM »

What is the platform & ideology of the party, just curious?
Meeker
meekermariner
Atlas Icon

« Reply #10 on: June 24, 2008, 12:29:50 AM »

We're focused on reforming the governmental and game system right now. It's not ideologically based - thus the "unity".
Kaine for Senate '18
benconstine
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #11 on: June 24, 2008, 12:30:17 AM »

We're focused on reforming the governmental and game system right now. It's not ideologically based - thus the "unity".

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Feel free to join Smiley
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix

« Reply #12 on: June 24, 2008, 12:36:01 AM »

That's certainly true, but it's not the sort of tone you displayed an hour ago. I have a lot of ideas; an amendment of mine is about to pass near-unanimously, and I already have written an amendment to the Mideastern Constitution. I think I've toned down the arrogance issue; if I am a little boisterous at times, it's because I have something to be proud of. Holding elective office is not a prerequisite to being a good Atlasian. I just hope that somebody will appoint me to the Constitutional Convention.
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: 9.16, S: -3.13

« Reply #13 on: June 24, 2008, 07:17:43 AM »

I'll nominate Sensei to be the party chair as well, however, I think once we get to having a vice-chair we should pick a more conservative member to maintain balance
Sensei
senseiofj324
Atlas Icon
Panama

Political Matrix

« Reply #14 on: June 24, 2008, 07:29:08 AM »

I'll nominate Sensei to be the party chair as well, however, I think once we get to having a vice-chair we should pick a more conservative member to maintain balance
good to have you on board.

If anybody wants to nominate anyone else, do so in the next 24 hours. If not, I will assume the chairmanship at that time, then nominations for vice chair shall commence.
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: 9.16, S: -3.13

« Reply #15 on: June 24, 2008, 10:48:10 AM »

good to have you on board.

If anybody wants to nominate anyone else, do so in the next 24 hours. If not, I will assume the chairmanship at that time, then nominations for vice chair shall commence.
Certainly gives us some good balance, maybe we can actually be an effective party. 
HappyWarrior
hannibal
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -3.87, S: -0.35

« Reply #16 on: June 24, 2008, 04:19:10 PM »

I will of course support Sensei as chairman.
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix

« Reply #17 on: June 24, 2008, 04:26:33 PM »

I expect that this party would last only until the Constitutional Convention ended and then split into a leftist and rightist party. 'Twouldn't make sense otherwise.

I'll have to talk with Earl about letting the PLP die honorably with a merger. And I am fully aware of the bylaw. But I feel that I've said in my defense all that needs being said.
ilikeverin
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Timor-Leste

« Reply #18 on: June 24, 2008, 04:30:16 PM »

Exactly.  Move to the Midwest or Northeast, or Southeast.  Stay out of the Mideast; there's already a backup of office seekers.

The Midwest has cake!
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix

« Reply #19 on: June 24, 2008, 04:37:24 PM »

The Midwest has cake!

But does it have an available position?
ilikeverin
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Timor-Leste

« Reply #20 on: June 24, 2008, 04:46:47 PM »

The Midwest has cake!

...cake!
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix

« Reply #21 on: June 24, 2008, 04:52:57 PM »

The Midwest has cake!

...cake!

Something more substantial than cake would be nice...
Sensei
senseiofj324
Atlas Icon
Panama

Political Matrix

« Reply #22 on: June 24, 2008, 04:58:05 PM »

The Midwest has cake!

...cake!

carrot cake
ilikeverin
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Timor-Leste

« Reply #23 on: June 24, 2008, 05:03:21 PM »

The Midwest has cake!

...cake!

Sorry, but we're not the Pacific.  You're going to have to get elected, not selected Tongue
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix

« Reply #24 on: June 24, 2008, 05:04:19 PM »

The Midwest has cake!

...cake!

Sorry, but we're not the Pacific.  You're going to have to get elected, not selected Tongue

You selected SoS for Lt. Gov., no?
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies