Atlasian Unity Bloc Founding Convention
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 03, 2024, 06:51:59 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Atlasian Unity Bloc Founding Convention
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6
Author Topic: Atlasian Unity Bloc Founding Convention  (Read 9837 times)
ilikeverin
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Timor-Leste

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: June 24, 2008, 05:06:07 PM »

Your first office was Southeast Lieutenant Governor. I don't think you quite understand how much harder it is to win in the Pacific than in the Southeast or the Mideast or, after having built up a record in easy regions, on a national level: you hardly lifted a finger this last election and got second place. Ever wondered why Meeker is registered in Virginia rather than Washington? There's a reason for it.

I did a whole lot of work in my Senate campaign, probably more than you have in all yours combined. Very little of it was public, but I did massive amounts of work behind-the-scenes. How do you think Torie managed to accomplish what he has? Not all by himself, that's for sure.

I'd like to think that that's worthy of some respect. But I guess not.

EDIT: Look at how AHDuke just got elected to your first office.
... and you have nothing to show for it, unfortunately. I'd rather have you in the senate than Friz, obviously, but that wasn't going to and isn't going to happen. Nobody's forcing you to stay in the Pacific.

Exactly.  Move to the Midwest or Northeast, or Southeast.  Stay out of the Mideast; there's already a backup of office seekers.

The Midwest has cake!

But does it have an available position?

...cake!

Something more substantial than cake would be nice...

Sorry, but we're not the Pacific.  You're going to have to get elected, not selected Tongue

You selected SoS for Lt. Gov., no?

No, the Governor and Lt. Governor are elected separately.
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix
E: -6.77, S: 0.61

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #26 on: June 24, 2008, 05:08:49 PM »

Your first office was Southeast Lieutenant Governor. I don't think you quite understand how much harder it is to win in the Pacific than in the Southeast or the Mideast or, after having built up a record in easy regions, on a national level: you hardly lifted a finger this last election and got second place. Ever wondered why Meeker is registered in Virginia rather than Washington? There's a reason for it.

I did a whole lot of work in my Senate campaign, probably more than you have in all yours combined. Very little of it was public, but I did massive amounts of work behind-the-scenes. How do you think Torie managed to accomplish what he has? Not all by himself, that's for sure.

... and you have nothing to show for it, unfortunately. I'd rather have you in the senate than Friz, obviously, but that wasn't going to and isn't going to happen. Nobody's forcing you to stay in the Pacific.

Exactly.  Move to the Midwest or Northeast, or Southeast.  Stay out of the Mideast; there's already a backup of office seekers.

The Midwest has cake!

...cake!

Sorry, but we're not the Pacific.  You're going to have to get elected, not selected Tongue

For all intents and purposes, you did.

Well, I may move.
Kaine for Senate '18
benconstine
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #27 on: June 24, 2008, 05:12:05 PM »

The Midwest has cake!

...cake!

Well, I may move.

Your best best is the Southeast, followed by the Northeast, folowed by the Midwest, with the Mideast last.
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix

« Reply #28 on: June 24, 2008, 05:15:17 PM »

The Midwest has cake!

...cake!

Well, I may move.

Your best best is the Southeast, followed by the Northeast, folowed by the Midwest, with the Mideast last.

Southeast? Only for regional offices.

Northeast? Too many people.
Kaine for Senate '18
benconstine
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #29 on: June 24, 2008, 05:18:02 PM »

The Midwest has cake!

...cake!

Well, I may move.

Southeast? Only for regional offices.

Northeast? Too many people.

You should probably move to the Southeast or Northeast.  The Mideast is already backed up, and there isn't much in the Midwest.  The Northeast doesn't have a lot of office seekers, and in the Southeast, you run again Gporter and KingoftheBench.
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: 9.16, S: -3.13

« Reply #30 on: June 24, 2008, 05:20:08 PM »

The Mideast may be backed up, but the Northeast is controlled by the NLC, the SE is too conservative, and the Midwest is a dictatorship
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix

« Reply #31 on: June 24, 2008, 05:22:40 PM »

The Mideast may be backed up, but the Northeast is controlled by the NLC, the SE is too conservative, and the Midwest is a benevolent dictatorship

Fixed.
Hash
Hashemite
Moderators
Atlas Superstar
Colombia

« Reply #32 on: June 24, 2008, 05:26:43 PM »

You couldn't win in the Southeast.
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #33 on: June 24, 2008, 05:27:51 PM »

It would be hard for him, he probably could not win the senate seat (assuming myself or Spade is the incumbent senator), and the governor's race has such a weird way of voting its possible but highly unlikely.  The Mideast is probably his best chance.
Kaine for Senate '18
benconstine
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #34 on: June 24, 2008, 05:29:50 PM »

There are too many candidates already in the Mideast already.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.65, S: -2.78

P P

« Reply #35 on: June 24, 2008, 05:37:40 PM »

We're focused on reforming the governmental and game system right now. It's not ideologically based - thus the "unity".

Reforms such as?...
Sensei
senseiofj324
Atlas Icon
Panama

Political Matrix
E: -2.45, S: -5.57

« Reply #36 on: June 24, 2008, 06:56:44 PM »

We're focused on reforming the governmental and game system right now. It's not ideologically based - thus the "unity".

Reforms such as?...
Getting the GM back (or perhaps a GM "team"), using said GM (or GM team) to produce a budget, among other things
Colin
ColinW
Atlas Icon
Papua New Guinea

Political Matrix
E: 3.87, S: -6.09

« Reply #37 on: June 24, 2008, 08:28:34 PM »

Well, Xahar, most of the regions are little more than dictatorships, self-parodies or one-party states nowadays. The Pacific has a political system akin to Singapore or Putin's Russia except with the JCP and Jesus instead of United Russia and Vladimir Putin. The Northeast is a NLC fief sort of like ANC fief South Africa. Much like that state non-dominant party members can win positions, see Lt. Governor Lief for the Northeast and some of the provincial Premiers in South Africa. The Midwest has all the political freedom of China, Egypt, or Belarus, the only difference is Verin hasn't had to shoot dissenters yet. Only Verin's supported candidates win and the government is about as non-competitive as can be.

The Mideast and Southeast are the self-parodies. The Mideast has never had good administration and the Southeast has gone from one of the most active regions in Atlasia to a basketcase. As for your chances anywhere, they are best in the Northeast and Southeast. The Northeast because we sometimes throw a bone to the, still rather substantial, minority of regional leftists, Earl and Lief being the two most prominent. The Southeast just has such bad candidates that you might be a better option for even the conservative Southrons.
MasterJedi
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #38 on: June 24, 2008, 09:00:01 PM »

I support Sensei for Chairman as well.
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

« Reply #39 on: June 24, 2008, 09:10:43 PM »

Not to interrupt, but what is the case to be made that political parties or blocs enhance Atlasia?  I can see the value in a voting population of maybe 250 or more as mediators, but not 50. With 50, each of us can fully converse with one another as we choose. And since my arrival, there is rather precious little of that.
Meeker
meekermariner
Atlas Icon

« Reply #40 on: June 24, 2008, 09:12:12 PM »

Not to interrupt, but what is the case to be made that political parties or blocs enhance Atlasia?  I can see the value in a voting population of maybe 250 or more as mediators, but not 50. With 50, each of us can fully converse with one another as we choose. And since my arrival, there is rather precious little of that.

Quiet, you.
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

« Reply #41 on: June 24, 2008, 09:23:22 PM »

Quiet, you.

Will do. Tongue
CultureKing
United States

« Reply #42 on: June 24, 2008, 09:56:30 PM »

Quiet, you.

Will do. Tongue

funny
Smiley
Kaine for Senate '18
benconstine
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #43 on: June 25, 2008, 12:02:16 AM »

For Vice Chairman, I think we should have a conservative, so I'll nominate MasterJedi, if he's willing to do it.
Sensei
senseiofj324
Atlas Icon
Panama

Political Matrix
E: -2.45, S: -5.57

« Reply #44 on: June 25, 2008, 04:25:49 AM »

Well, Xahar, most of the regions are little more than dictatorships, self-parodies or one-party states nowadays. The Pacific has a political system akin to Singapore or Putin's Russia except with the JCP and Jesus instead of United Russia and Vladimir Putin. The Northeast is a NLC fief sort of like ANC fief South Africa. Much like that state non-dominant party members can win positions, see Lt. Governor Lief for the Northeast and some of the provincial Premiers in South Africa. The Midwest has all the political freedom of China, Egypt, or Belarus, the only difference is Verin hasn't had to shoot dissenters yet. Only Verin's supported candidates win and the government is about as non-competitive as can be.

The Mideast and Southeast are the self-parodies. The Mideast has never had good administration and the Southeast has gone from one of the most active regions in Atlasia to a basketcase. As for your chances anywhere, they are best in the Northeast and Southeast. The Northeast because we sometimes throw a bone to the, still rather substantial, minority of regional leftists, Earl and Lief being the two most prominent. The Southeast just has such bad candidates that you might be a better option for even the conservative Southrons.
I resent the Mideast being lumped in with the Southeast.
--------------------------------------------------------------------
I nominate Meeker for Vice-Chair
Јas
Jas
Junior Chimp
« Reply #45 on: June 25, 2008, 05:55:40 AM »

The Midwest has all the political freedom of China, Egypt, or Belarus, the only difference is Verin hasn't had to shoot dissenters yet.

Dissenters?!? What dissenters? *loads gun*

Only Verin's supported candidates win and the government is about as non-competitive as can be.

Methinks you're crediting our esteemed overlord with a little too much influence.
Though I'll grant that our region (like most others lacks much by way of electoral competition.)
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #46 on: June 25, 2008, 06:38:07 AM »

Well, there seems to be dissent anyway, so I am going to go with what I said originally and nominate MasterJedi as the vice-chair, he brings experience and a more conservative voice to the party.
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #47 on: June 25, 2008, 06:40:17 AM »

The Southeast just has such bad candidates that you might be a better option for even the conservative Southrons.
Um, unless Gporter is the only one running, no
HappyWarrior
hannibal
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -3.87, S: -0.35

« Reply #48 on: June 25, 2008, 07:33:05 AM »

I also support MasterJedi for VC
MasterJedi
Atlas Star
United States