Michelle Obama vs Cindy McCain
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 25, 2024, 01:37:31 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2008 Elections
  Michelle Obama vs Cindy McCain
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Poll
Question: Who would be a better First Lady?
Michelle Obama

Cindy McCain

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 58

Author Topic: Michelle Obama vs Cindy McCain  (Read 4328 times)
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: June 11, 2008, 02:34:50 PM »

Michelle Obama. After imposing universal healthcare in the US that actually works (Grin) during 2009-11 with the help of her husband, she'll run for US Senate in 2016 in the state of Pennsylvania where she defeats would-be comeback kid Rick Santorum by 8 points. Unfortunately, in 2024 she's running for the Democratic Presidential nomination, but loses to Mark Begich - a popular two-term senator from Alaska, who promises to change Washington after 8 years of failed Mitt Romney politics.

Its statements like this that keep me from taking anyone with a red avatar seriously. We ask a simple question and some fool has to write a fantasy story about their love for her.
elcorazon

« Reply #26 on: June 11, 2008, 02:59:07 PM »

Anyway...in a change of pace, I like Cindy McCain for what she has to say and I hate Michelle Obama for what she has to say.  I don't think either should shut up but I think the latter should cease her racism and hatred.  Cindy McCain is a beautiful, intelligent, respectful woman who deserves nothing but respect in return.  Michelle Obama is an obnoxiously heinous hag who deserves none of the attention she so obviously craves to spew her vitriol all over us.  It has nothing to do with Obama "not knowing her place" or McCain being "submissive"; it has everything to do with what they've said when given the chance to speak, or in Obama's case when she bursts out speaking whenever she wants...
HA.  way to reveal your inner sexism at the last moment.  I really hate the way these women burst out speaking whenever they want as well. They should await permission from the men, like good wives.

"obnoxiously heinous hag" - now that's solid criticism.
Sbane
sbane
Atlas Icon

« Reply #27 on: June 11, 2008, 03:05:18 PM »

After the eruption of sexism from republicans here, how can anyone claim it was Obama supporters who were sexist.
Albus Dumbledore
Havelock Vetinari
Congo, The Democratic Republic of the

Political Matrix
E: -0.71, S: -2.17

« Reply #28 on: June 11, 2008, 03:17:38 PM »

this thread, as is typical on a message board full of guys is exactly the kind of sexism that Hillary supporters bristled at.  I mean the main issue people have with Michelle Obama is that she "doesn't keep her trap shut", and Cindy McCain is only compared to Paris Hilton,  frankly this thread is a piece of crap.

I personally dislike feminists. If I had a wife who was a waitress....I'd be just as happy as I would be if she decided to be a housewife. I don't expect women in the 2000s to be like Marion Cunningham...but I don't care for power hungry women. Michelle Obama is too Hillary-esqe for me. Cindy seems like another Laura Bush-type. A respectful first lady who does what a first lady should do.

The 1950s called, they want you back.
Brittain33
brittain33
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #29 on: June 11, 2008, 03:37:58 PM »

Anyway...in a change of pace, I like Cindy McCain for what she has to say

What has Cindy said? All I can think of is her jab at Michelle following the "proud of your country" thing.
Brittain33
brittain33
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #30 on: June 11, 2008, 03:38:32 PM »

Michelle Obama. After imposing universal healthcare in the US that actually works (Grin) during 2009-11 with the help of her husband, she'll run for US Senate in 2016 in the state of Pennsylvania where she defeats would-be comeback kid Rick Santorum by 8 points. Unfortunately, in 2024 she's running for the Democratic Presidential nomination, but loses to Mark Begich - a popular two-term senator from Alaska, who promises to change Washington after 8 years of failed Mitt Romney politics.

Its statements like this that keep me from taking anyone with a red avatar seriously. We ask a simple question and some fool has to write a fantasy story about their love for her.

Read it again, you're missing something big.
Brittain33
brittain33
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #31 on: June 11, 2008, 03:58:06 PM »

What I thought was particularly telling was when she detailed her battle with an addiction to painkillers.  Her extensive charity work is also very admirable.  She has also criticized the Bush administration for its handling of the Iraq War and for its excessive spending.

Thanks. I wasn't aware of that, and am glad to hear it (not that I expect someone in her position to criticize a previous administration).
ChrisFromNJ

Political Matrix
E: -5.35, S: -8.61

« Reply #32 on: June 11, 2008, 04:15:46 PM »

The Republicans don't like Michelle Obama because she stepped off the reservation and  isn't a stepford wife like Cindy is.

Michelle Obama is a bit outspoken, and I have some questions about her, but I'd take her easily over the pill popping Cindy McCain.
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #33 on: June 11, 2008, 04:20:40 PM »

This is kinda funny. I can see both of them as the next Hillary.
Aizen
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -9.22

« Reply #34 on: June 11, 2008, 04:25:57 PM »

Cindy McCain is a useless blond fluff thing and should be an embarrassment to woman everywhere. Michelle easily.
Frodo
Atlas Star
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #35 on: June 11, 2008, 05:03:21 PM »
« Edited: June 11, 2008, 05:04:53 PM by Frodo »

Michelle Obama -the fact that she is also a working professional can only help.  It also doesn't hurt that she is quite good-looking for a woman her age. 

Cindy McCain, on the other hand, gives me the creeps just looking at her. 
bgwah
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.03, S: -6.96

« Reply #36 on: June 11, 2008, 05:04:43 PM »

Michelle=Freedom fighter!
Cindy=Whorrible person
HardRCafé
YaBB God
Italy
« Reply #37 on: June 11, 2008, 05:07:49 PM »

So much for Republicans (and Dixiecrats) having a monopoly on misogyny.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #38 on: June 11, 2008, 05:24:50 PM »

The Republicans don't like Michelle Obama because she stepped off the reservation and  isn't a stepford wife like Cindy is.

Michelle Obama is a bit outspoken, and I have some questions about her, but I'd take her easily over the pill popping Cindy McCain.

Keep it classy, my friend.
ChrisFromNJ

Political Matrix

« Reply #39 on: June 11, 2008, 05:28:22 PM »

It's the truth. I'm not making anything up.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #40 on: June 11, 2008, 05:34:15 PM »

So then you should also accept that Michelle Obama is a self-centered, attention craving, racist, America hating b**ch?

Great!
ChrisFromNJ

Political Matrix

« Reply #41 on: June 11, 2008, 06:04:24 PM »

So then you should also accept that Michelle Obama is a self-centered, attention craving, racist, America hating b**ch?

Great!

That's very Christian of you. *sarcasm*

Here a clue: Yours is an opinion, mine is an actual verifiable fact that Cindy McCain admits herself.

Gotta love the misogyny coming from you, though! Stay classy!

Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #42 on: June 11, 2008, 07:37:15 PM »

Michelle of course.
Spaghetti Cat
Driedapples
United States

« Reply #43 on: June 11, 2008, 08:33:32 PM »

Great!

That's very Christian of you. *sarcasm*

Here a clue: Yours is an opinion, mine is an actual verifiable fact that Cindy McCain admits herself.

Gotta love the misogyny coming from you, though! Stay classy!

Cindy McCain certainly has more class than someone who makes rude remarks about the successful public battle she fought against her addiction.
Wakie
YaBB God

« Reply #44 on: June 11, 2008, 09:18:39 PM »

Cindy McCain certainly has more class than someone who makes rude remarks about the successful public battle she fought against her addiction.

Yeah!  And Kitty Dukakis had a LOT more class than the HW Bush people who attacked her.  Oh wait ... I guess it was ok for Republicans to attack her because her husband was a Dem ....
Lincoln Republican
Winfield
Atlas Icon

« Reply #45 on: June 11, 2008, 09:31:11 PM »

Cindy McCain is a courageous woman who has faced adversity and overcome it, contributing selfless service to society.

Cindy McCain was born to be First Lady.
Everett
YaBB God

« Reply #46 on: June 11, 2008, 09:35:53 PM »

The amount of bullsh**t in this thread is incredible.

Cindy McCain is deeply frightening. Not that it really matters, but I don't see how anyone finds her remotely attractive. We don't need another Stepford wife.

Cindy seems like another Laura Bush-type. A respectful first lady who does what a first lady should do.
... Which is nothing, I suppose. Oh wait, first ladies are supposed to have fluffy little tea parties and such. Maybe it's a good thing that Bill Clinton didn't end up becoming First Lady.

Conservative women should totally know their place.  Unlike that awful Liberal Margaret Thatcher.
Obviously Margaret Thatcher should have learned her place and, more important, stayed in it. Damn liberal power-grabbing feminist.
A18
Atlas Star
Political Matrix
E: 9.23, S: -6.35

« Reply #47 on: June 11, 2008, 09:45:10 PM »

Um, what exactly does it mean to be a "better First Lady"?

Anyway, I haven't paid any attention to either.
zombones

« Reply #48 on: June 11, 2008, 09:56:36 PM »

this thread is :  'who do you like better?'

cindy used her beer-heiress money to pay for mccain campaign back when it was almost broke.
she stole drugs from the AVMT.
she used her dad's connections to get mccain into politics.
she got involved with mccain while he was married.

numbers 1 and 3 are the ones that make me distrustful of her the most.
Josh/Devilman88
josh4bush
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix
E: 3.61, S: -1.74

« Reply #49 on: June 11, 2008, 10:12:34 PM »

I really don't have anything against Michelle or Cindy, but I voted for Michelle, because she is out helping Obama on the campaign trail. I haven't seen Cindy do anything for McCain yet.
Pages: 1 [2] 3  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies