Rasmussen Tracking Poll [Obama vs McCain]
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 17, 2024, 04:10:14 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2008 Elections
  2008 U.S. Presidential General Election Polls
  Rasmussen Tracking Poll [Obama vs McCain]
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 33 34 35 [36] 37 38 39 40 41 ... 75
Author Topic: Rasmussen Tracking Poll [Obama vs McCain]  (Read 502099 times)
Vsanto5
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: 3.23

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #875 on: September 16, 2008, 01:04:01 PM »

I find the partisan divide among who will do a better job handling the economy incredibly ridiculous.  Obama should already be ahead nationally or at least have reached parity.
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #876 on: September 16, 2008, 01:10:29 PM »

Well, obviously the head to head numbers don't jive with the economic numbers at all.
Vsanto5
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: 3.23

« Reply #877 on: September 16, 2008, 01:11:48 PM »

Maybe if partisan hacks go around saying. DRAFT DRAFT!!! With McCain as president we'll invade Iran and there will be a DRAFT!! Then, when asked who willdo a better job handling the war/foreign affairs people will answer Obama. Why? Because the possibility of a draft under McCain would have been promulgated and even at least one occassion told as the truth by Obama himself!!!
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #878 on: September 16, 2008, 01:12:36 PM »

The economic numbers are probably due to the "halo effect".
CPT MikeyMike
mikeymike
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 6.58, S: -3.30

« Reply #879 on: September 17, 2008, 08:34:20 AM »

Wednesday - September 17, 2008:

General: Head-to-Head

McCain: 48% (nc)
Obama: 47% (nc)

Investor confidence has stabilized—at least for the moment--after falling sharply for several days. The economic confidence of those who do not invest was not shaken by the Wall Street events of recent days. As for the political implications, polling conducted last night shows that 49% trust McCain more than Obama on economic issues while 45% trust Obama.

At 3:00 p.m. Eastern, data will be released for the Oregon Senate race and at 5:00 p.m. Eastern, new results will be posted for the Presidential race in Wisconsin and Oregon.
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #880 on: September 17, 2008, 10:31:21 AM »

I want to see what's going on in Wisconsin (if anything).
Reaganfan
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #881 on: September 17, 2008, 11:51:33 AM »

I want to see what's going on in Wisconsin (if anything).

I'm gonna guess Obama +3
Democratic Hawk
LucysBeau
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: -2.58, S: 2.43

« Reply #882 on: September 17, 2008, 11:53:31 AM »

Investor confidence has stabilized—at least for the moment--after falling sharply for several days. The economic confidence of those who do not invest was not shaken by the Wall Street events of recent days. As for the political implications, polling conducted last night shows that 49% 47% Wink trust McCain more than Obama on economic issues while 45% trust Obama.

At 3:00 p.m. Eastern, data will be released for the Oregon Senate race and at 5:00 p.m. Eastern, new results will be posted for the Presidential race in Wisconsin and Oregon.

McCain leads 58% to 38% among those who regularly shop at Wal-Mart while Obama leads 61% to 36% among those who don’t frequent the retail giant. Overall, Obama leads among those who earn less than $40,000 a year while McCain leads among those with higher earnings. Among white voters, Obama has the edge only among those who earn less than $20,000 a year and his advantage among those lower income white voters is just four percentage points
Reaganfan
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #883 on: September 17, 2008, 11:54:28 AM »

Investor confidence has stabilized—at least for the moment--after falling sharply for several days. The economic confidence of those who do not invest was not shaken by the Wall Street events of recent days. As for the political implications, polling conducted last night shows that 49% 47% Wink trust McCain more than Obama on economic issues while 45% trust Obama.

McCain leads 58% to 38% among those who regularly shop at Wal-Mart while Obama leads 61% to 36% among those who don’t frequent the retail giant. Overall, Obama leads among those who earn less than $40,000 a year while McCain leads among those with higher earnings. Among white voters, Obama has the edge only among those who earn less than $20,000 a year and his advantage among those lower income white voters is just four percentage points

I love Wal-Mart...we have a super Wal-Mart down the road...so we can get food there, too.
© tweed
Miamiu1027
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #884 on: September 17, 2008, 11:55:38 AM »

McCain leads 58% to 38% among those who regularly shop at Wal-Mart while Obama leads 61% to 36% among those who don’t frequent the retail giant.

I guess Scotty gets bored polling the same things 350 days out of the year.
Nutmeg
thepolitic
United States Minor Outlying Islands

« Reply #885 on: September 17, 2008, 02:56:20 PM »

I love Wal-Mart...we have a super Wal-Mart down the road...so we can get food there, too.

Do you...submit messages...via some kind...of teletype machine?
Stranger in a strange land
strangeland
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #886 on: September 17, 2008, 03:00:57 PM »

McCain leads 58% to 38% among those who regularly shop at Wal-Mart while Obama leads 61% to 36% among those who don’t frequent the retail giant.

I guess Scotty gets bored polling the same things 350 days out of the year.

I have a feeling the explanatory variable here is that walmarts (the big ones at least) tend to be located in rural and exurban communities, which are more likely to vote Republican.
Starbucks Union Thug HokeyPuck
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #887 on: September 17, 2008, 06:01:35 PM »

How can someone love Wal-Mart?  Seriously. 
Reaganfan
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #888 on: September 17, 2008, 06:35:35 PM »

How can someone love Wal-Mart?  Seriously. 

Because in one trip, we can get our glasses fixed, buy dog food, buy bread, frozen food, and lunchmeat...then walk over and buy new clothes, and a big screen TV. Oh yeah...and grab Subway™ on the way out. Add to all this that prices are noticeably lower than any other main store...it's great.
Aizen
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -9.22

« Reply #889 on: September 17, 2008, 06:37:33 PM »

if my son ever shopped at wal-mart i would beat the wal-mart out of him with my belt
Sbane
sbane
Atlas Icon

« Reply #890 on: September 17, 2008, 06:42:41 PM »

Damn why you guys hatin' on walmart. When I need cheap sh**t that's exactly where I go. Or target...same sh**t.
Reaganfan
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #891 on: September 17, 2008, 06:45:46 PM »

Damn why you guys hatin' on walmart. When I need cheap sh**t that's exactly where I go. Or target...same sh**t.

The funniest thing just happened. My father began his sentence "Let me tell you...that f***ing Wal-Mart is amazing"...and went on to say that "I bought you a candy bar and picked up Hot Dogs and buns...the hot dogs and buns cost less than the candy bar."

$0.57 cents for a pack of eight hot dogs...that costs less than a milk chocolate Hershey bar.
Sbane
sbane
Atlas Icon

« Reply #892 on: September 17, 2008, 06:47:55 PM »

The funniest thing just happened. My father began his sentence "Let me tell you...that f***ing Wal-Mart is amazing"...and went on to say that "I bought you a candy bar and picked up Hot Dogs and buns...the hot dogs and buns cost less than the candy bar."

$0.57 cents for a pack of eight hot dogs...that costs less than a milk chocolate Hershey bar.

Damn stuff must be cheap out in Ohio. I don't know what you guys complain about so much.
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix
E: -6.77, S: 0.61

« Reply #893 on: September 17, 2008, 08:06:55 PM »

Damn stuff must be cheap out in Ohio. I don't know what you guys complain about so much.

Yup.

That said, Costco pwns Wal-Mart, for many reasons, one being that zoning laws mean that there are only two Wal-Marts within half an hour driving.
Sbane
sbane
Atlas Icon

« Reply #894 on: September 17, 2008, 08:13:00 PM »

Yup.

That said, Costco pwns Wal-Mart, for many reasons, one being that zoning laws mean that there are only two Wal-Marts within half an hour driving.

Yes for a family Costco is the obvious place to go. And you get free lunch to boot. Smiley For single people target or walmart is better.
Reaganfan
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #895 on: September 17, 2008, 08:20:15 PM »

I sometimes think the pessimistic economy in Ohio is somewhat overstated, especially when complared to states like Michigan.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #896 on: September 17, 2008, 08:56:13 PM »

Yup.

Yes for a family Costco is the obvious place to go. And you get free lunch to boot. Smiley For single people target or walmart is better.
Anecdotal observation, at least where I live, leads me to believe that lower-class people shop at Wal-Mart, while Costco is more of a upper-middle class store. Target is for hipster white people and poor Hispanic/Black people. I don't really understand why.
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #897 on: September 17, 2008, 11:43:23 PM »

Yup.

Anecdotal observation, at least where I live, leads me to believe that lower-class people shop at Wal-Mart, while Costco is more of a upper-middle class store. Target is for hipster white people and poor Hispanic/Black people. I don't really understand why.

That's true here except the upper-middle class just go to various big boxes, not Costco, and Target also has a solid grasp on the middle class for obvious reasons.

I'm quite glad to live in a city without a single Wal-Mart.
CPT MikeyMike
mikeymike
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 6.58, S: -3.30

« Reply #898 on: September 18, 2008, 08:27:02 AM »

Thursday - September 18, 2008:

Obama: 48% (+1)