Opinion of Christine Gregoire
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 01, 2024, 11:12:38 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Individual Politics (Moderator: The Dowager Mod)
  Opinion of Christine Gregoire
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Interested to know what everyone here things, especially Washingtonians
HP

FF

Neutral

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 17

Author Topic: Opinion of Christine Gregoire  (Read 1444 times)
JSojourner
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -8.65, S: -6.94

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: May 28, 2008, 03:31:38 PM »

I'm curious.  How's she doing?  She won so narrowly her first time out.  Has she done better than expected?  Worse?  So-so?
bgwah
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.03, S: -6.96

« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2008, 03:37:07 PM »

FF is supposed to go first, sheesh.

Anyway, she is a super mega FF. I hope she re-defeats that loser Rossi.
Alcon
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2008, 04:00:23 PM »

She's been competent, left-leaning and bureaucratic.  Essentially, she's been exactly what was expected for her to be.
Bono
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2008, 04:17:44 PM »

Don't worry, if she doesn't they'll 'find' some more uncounted votes in King County and she'll be on her way in again.
bgwah
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.03, S: -6.96

« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2008, 04:44:38 PM »

Don't worry, if she doesn't they'll 'find' some more uncounted votes in King County and she'll be on her way in again.

Shouldn't you be spamming stupid articles no one cares about?
CultureKing
United States

« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2008, 05:24:07 PM »

She has been able to accomplish a lot more than I thought she would have been able to. Also after she won in 2004 I thought that the republicans would have benifited in 2006 for the state house and senate elections and make things hard for her but instead she has been able to push through a lot of needed measures that have helped Washington distance itself from the recession and housing slump (prices have still not lowered in my area). Also she has done a good job of not taking advantage of the huge dem majorities because she has not tried to go too far to the left.
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #6 on: May 29, 2008, 01:50:44 AM »

FF.
Meeker
meekermariner
Atlas Icon

« Reply #7 on: May 30, 2008, 02:53:09 AM »
« Edited: May 30, 2008, 02:55:15 AM by PPT Meeker »

Can't believe I missed this.

Gregoire has been doing wonderfully, especially when compared to Locke who basically didn't do anything of significance. She's been politically savvy, involved in all aspects of state government, and has been right on pulse with the state - pushing a progressive, liberal agenda, but not so quickly that people freak out. There's a reason she got ranked one of the best public officials and our state got ranked as one of the best managed.

I'd also stress, and I think this is vastly underappreciated locally, how smart and well-informed on the issues she is. Every time I see her speak I'm amazed by how much she knows about any issue that's brought up - be it salmon runs, children's healthcare, Eastern Washington agriculture, nuclear clean-up... I could go on.

There is absolutely no reason why she should not be re-elected, and as such Dino Rossi will again be rejected by the voters of this great state.
WalterMitty
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 1.68, S: -2.26

« Reply #8 on: May 30, 2008, 07:50:43 AM »

i havent followed her.

but obviously she didnt win the election.  neither did bush.

i cant blame either for taking office, though.  they benefited from.....'good luck'
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix
E: -6.77, S: 0.61

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #9 on: May 30, 2008, 06:09:58 PM »

Hasn't done anything to make me change my initial opinion of her.
CultureKing
United States

« Reply #10 on: May 30, 2008, 07:45:56 PM »

Can't believe I missed this.

Gregoire has been doing wonderfully, especially when compared to Locke who basically didn't do anything of significance. She's been politically savvy, involved in all aspects of state government, and has been right on pulse with the state - pushing a progressive, liberal agenda, but not so quickly that people freak out. There's a reason she got ranked one of the best public officials and our state got ranked as one of the best managed.

I'd also stress, and I think this is vastly underappreciated locally, how smart and well-informed on the issues she is. Every time I see her speak I'm amazed by how much she knows about any issue that's brought up - be it salmon runs, children's healthcare, Eastern Washington agriculture, nuclear clean-up... I could go on.

There is absolutely no reason why she should not be re-elected, and as such Dino Rossi will again be rejected by the voters of this great state.

I completely agree. Gary Locke was popular basically because people could easily forget about him as he didn't really do much (overall he had a pretty good couple terms but it was luke-warm good).
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies