The Examiner: Election Tracker
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 02, 2024, 02:52:33 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  The Examiner: Election Tracker
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 39 40 41 42 43 [44] 45 46 47 48 49 ... 80
Author Topic: The Examiner: Election Tracker  (Read 194794 times)
Alexander Hamilton
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.58, S: -5.13

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1075 on: August 21, 2009, 05:09:16 PM »

So you don't think these are legitimate questions?

...for people that don't know what the Law of Holes is, it's "when you're in one, stop digging"...

I know the law of holes.

You claim you know it, yet you don't follow it when it would be to your advantage. I don't think that throwing a hissy-fit over these dubious registrations casts you in an especially charming light.

I'm not throwing a "hissy-fit."  I don't think these votes will be deciders or anything. But this is something that should be looked at, because it's bound to come up in the future.
bgwah
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.03, S: -6.96

« Reply #1076 on: August 21, 2009, 05:40:14 PM »

The Pacific Region officially runs on PST... However, the times were adjusted to 9:00 PM PST (or, midnight EST) to be able to run concurrently with federal booths and election law. Not sure how that will affect their eligibility to vote in the regional election.
Alexander Hamilton
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1077 on: August 21, 2009, 05:45:35 PM »

The Pacific Region officially runs on PST... However, the times were adjusted to 9:00 PM PST (or, midnight EST) to be able to run concurrently with federal booths and election law. Not sure how that will affect their eligibility to vote in the regional election.

I'm pretty sure they are still eligible for regional elections, but I am not entirely sure. It isn't stated in the regional constitution.
bgwah
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.03, S: -6.96

« Reply #1078 on: August 21, 2009, 05:53:21 PM »

I'm pretty sure they are still eligible for regional elections, but I am not entirely sure. It isn't stated in the regional constitution.

Unless specified otherwise in the Constitution, we adhere to federal election law.
Alexander Hamilton
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1079 on: August 21, 2009, 05:57:11 PM »

Unless specified otherwise in the Constitution, we adhere to federal election law.

I guess well have to wait and see if they actually are eligible federally then. Where is CK? Should we have Alcon go ahead and open the booth? CK has been missing since the 16th.
Sewer
SpaceCommunistMutant
Junior Chimp
« Reply #1080 on: August 21, 2009, 06:06:41 PM »

RPP zombies:

floridarepub
ajc0918
azmagic
A-Bob
Libertas
Vepres
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #1081 on: August 21, 2009, 06:17:42 PM »

You know Jas, if you accepted the write-ins for you, you would have a fair shot at winning a seat. Wink
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix
E: -6.77, S: 0.61

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1082 on: August 21, 2009, 06:19:30 PM »

You know Jas, if you accepted the write-ins for you, you would have a fair shot at winning a seat. Wink

He has, by preferencing himself.
Vepres
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #1083 on: August 21, 2009, 06:20:39 PM »
« Edited: August 21, 2009, 06:23:49 PM by Midwest Lt. Governor Vepres »

He has, by preferencing himself.

Oh, is that the precedent, great! I would like to see more Midwesterners in the Senate. (Assuming SPC, Duke, and Rowan win too).
Meeker
meekermariner
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1084 on: August 21, 2009, 06:26:55 PM »

There's a long, long precedent for all of Atlasia operating under EST.
For voting purposes yes, but when they registered for them it was still August 12th in their region.  That's like saying that if the polls close at 11 PM in California we close them at 8 because its 11 in New York.  Makes no sense, the DoFA was open for registrations where they are

No. Atlasian federal law operates under EST and it always has and there's no precedent for it ever operating otherwise. We don't have a law that says we operate under the Gregorian calendar but we all accept that we do. Same thing.

You can sue if you want I suppose, but you'll be rightly laughed out of court.
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #1085 on: August 21, 2009, 07:22:42 PM »

Hamilton, don't even bother talking to Al.  This is the guy that continues to insist the RPP is a joke party containing only trolls and fantasizes about Holocaust pictures

I have told you on several occasions to stop smearing me with disgusting and deeply offensive lies. Whenever I've spotted you doing it, I've clicked on the little "report to mod" button and will do so with the above vile smear. You have, I think, already been warned about your abusive behavior, but you've clearly ignored the warning.

I am not prepared to put up with this sort of abuse any longer. You might think that the internet is sufficiently "not real" and anonymous for your sadistic behavior to be acceptable, but that just isn't true. If you aren't careful, you may soon learn that actions have consequences.
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: 9.16, S: -3.13

« Reply #1086 on: August 21, 2009, 07:24:29 PM »

Unless you deleted the thread where you posted the Holocaust pictures, I think I can prove that is far from slanderous. 

BTW:

YOU KEEP CALLING DUKE A RAPIST that is a slightly more vile accusation to anyone with half a brain which you obviously lack
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #1087 on: August 21, 2009, 07:39:11 PM »

Unless you deleted the thread where you posted the Holocaust pictures, I think I can prove that is far from slanderous.

For the benefit of people who haven't been here very long, in response to some comments about the Holocaust that I found to be unduly flippant and morally abhorrent, I posted some pictures relating to the Holocaust in an attempt to shock some sense, even empathy, into certain posters. DWDL keeps implying that I got some sort of depraved sexual thrill out of doing so, which is untrue, libelous and extremely offensive. And I have had enough of it.

You must be logged in to read this quote.

No I do not. On several occasions (and quite a while ago now...) I made occasional references to some disgusting comments he made about finding rape "funny" by calling him, and IIRC mostly within a satirical publication here, "Duke Raper of Rapington". I don't think that I ever called him a rapist and certainly never intended to do so.
Alexander Hamilton
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1088 on: August 21, 2009, 07:40:54 PM »

Al Franken finds rape funny.
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #1089 on: August 21, 2009, 07:41:30 PM »

Yeah, I'm sure there's no way you called Duke or rapist or that name you bust didn't imply that Roll Eyes

I honestly could care less what you think, and I'm not exactly flattered over your obsession with what I say either
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix
E: -6.77, S: 0.61

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1090 on: August 21, 2009, 07:47:45 PM »

I honestly could care less what you think, and I'm not exactly flattered over your obsession with what I say either

Aside from that, he's a mod and you're not. But whatever.
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #1091 on: August 21, 2009, 07:51:42 PM »

Then Franken is misogynist scum as well.

Yeah, I'm sure there's no way you called Duke or rapist or that name you bust didn't imply that Roll Eyes

I'm sure that most people here (back then) caught the reference. Not that it has any relevance to your abusive behavior.

I have no obsession with what you write and normally I don't bother to read your posts. But I am not prepared to tolerate the sort of vicious abuse (have you any idea how offensive it is to claim that someone gets a sexual thrill out of genocide? And you only ever seem to do it to blacken my name, as in this thread. Totally unprovoked as well, I note) that you hurl at me and at certain other posters.
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #1092 on: August 21, 2009, 07:54:33 PM »

Boy, you seem to get so upset when people imply things about you, but then you imply that your joy from these pictures is sexual.  I just I'm saying you seem to get some sort of spine-tingling joy out of it, I never said it was sexual.  There's really no reason reason to post some graphic pictures
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #1093 on: August 21, 2009, 08:02:38 PM »
« Edited: August 21, 2009, 08:04:33 PM by Vice-Chairman PiT »

I guess well have to wait and see if they actually are eligible federally then. Where is CK? Should we have Alcon go ahead and open the booth? CK has been missing since the 16th.

Well, they registered more than a week before the Constitutionally mandated start time of Pacific elections, so I do not see why they wouldn't be able to vote in the Pacific regional election.
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #1094 on: August 21, 2009, 08:04:35 PM »

Boy, you seem to get so upset when people imply things about you,

I believe that that's the normal reaction to being viciously and repeatedly slandered. Yes, I do find your smears to be upsetting. Happy now?

I implied no such thing. Once again, you smear me.

Actually you did effectively say so in some of your repeat-postings (all deleted). But the meaning was always clear - and is made clearer yet by the fact that you keep using it (as in this thread) to blacken my name.

Education is obviously an alien concept to you.
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #1095 on: August 21, 2009, 08:05:57 PM »

Roll Eyes  I think brick wall are easier to get a point across and make more sense

This is Al logic:
I call someone a rapist = that's okay I'm so smart and British
Someone accuses me of something from my own actions = MORON! HANG HIM!
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #1096 on: August 21, 2009, 08:17:06 PM »

I see that you have no interest in responding in an appropriate manner. Very well - have it your way.
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #1097 on: August 21, 2009, 08:19:21 PM »

I see that you have no interest in responding in an appropriate manner. Very well - have it your way.
What appropriate manner is there?  Speaking rational to you in the past has resulted in nothing mroe than you having a snobbish better than everyone attitude and insulting everyone in your path with vile insults

I've pointed out why you are being hypocritical and you can't see it
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #1098 on: August 21, 2009, 08:25:08 PM »

Not continuing to smear me would be a start. Being honest, rather than hiding behind weasel words, false summaries, irrelevant distractions and outright lies, would be another.

This would not be too much to ask from most people.
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #1099 on: August 21, 2009, 08:26:59 PM »

Not continuing to smear me would be a start. Being honest, rather than hiding behind weasel words, false summaries, irrelevant distractions and outright lies, would be another.

This would not be too much to ask from most people.
I'm not trying to smear you, I merely am stating what you did in the past.  I, unlike you, however admit when I'm purposely trying to provoke argument.  A good start would be admitting that it is obvious that you were implying Duke was a rapist or that neither one of us are trolls.  I have a hard-time beleiving you will do either and continue to "hide behind weasel word, false summaries, irrelevant distractions, and outright lies"
Pages: 1 ... 39 40 41 42 43 [44] 45 46 47 48 49 ... 80  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies