TR wins in 1912
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 02, 2024, 09:34:46 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Election What-ifs? (Moderator: Dereich)
  TR wins in 1912
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 ... 20
Author Topic: TR wins in 1912  (Read 116535 times)
Kaine for Senate '18
benconstine
Atlas Superstar
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #300 on: August 21, 2008, 03:47:21 PM »

I love this timeline!
I have a question, what is Ron Paul and Ross Perot party affiliations, is Paul D or P and is Perot an Independent still or is he a Republican maybe?

Ron Paul is a Republican Congressman from Texas, and Ross Perot is registered as an Independent.
Robespierre's Jaw
Senator Conor Flynn
Junior Chimp
Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: -8.35

« Reply #301 on: August 21, 2008, 04:57:19 PM »

President O'Callaghan has been a true Progressive President, which I always like to see Smiley

Judging from the Progressive Party's losses in the 1986 Congressional Elections, I have a feeling that they'll lose the White House in 1988, even if they have Vice President Mike Gravel as their nominee. Though I'm still hoping for Colorado Senator Gary Hart to win both the Progressive Nomination in 1988 as well as the White House Grin

Anywho, what has occurred in British politics since the 1959 General Election when Hugh Gaitskell defeated Prime Minister Harold Macmillian to become British Prime Minister?
Kaine for Senate '18
benconstine
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #302 on: August 21, 2008, 05:11:11 PM »

President O'Callaghan has been a true Progressive President, which I always like to see Smiley

Judging from the Progressive Party's losses in the 1986 Congressional Elections, I have a feeling that they'll lose the White House in 1988, even if they have Vice President Mike Gravel as their nominee. Though I'm still hoping for Colorado Senator Gary Hart to win both the Progressive Nomination in 1988 as well as the White House Grin

Anywho, what has occurred in British politics since the 1959 General Election when Hugh Gaitskell defeated Prime Minister Harold Macmillian to become British Prime Minister?

In the UK, Gaitskell served as PM until his death in 1963, when Macmillian was elected PM; the Profumo scandal never broke, and Harold served as PM until he retired in 1969; he was replaced by conservative Edward Heath, who served until he was defeated in 1972; Heath was replaced by Labour member Harold Wilson, who served as PM from 1972-1979.

In the 1979 elections, Labour was removed from power, and the Conservatives, under Margaret Thatcher took power, and have held power ever since, most recently winning the elections on August 7, 1986.
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Moderators
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #303 on: August 21, 2008, 09:12:09 PM »

I love this timeline!
I have a question, what is Ron Paul and Ross Perot party affiliations, is Paul D or P and is Perot an Independent still or is he a Republican maybe?

Ron Paul is a Republican Congressman from Texas, and Ross Perot is registered as an Independent.

How did Ron Paul win as a Republican in Texas? Wouldn't Texas have remained a Democratic state seeing as how the political landscape is in this TL? I could see the Progresssives gaining strength there among the working class and the minorities. Since we are on the Subject who is the Governor and Senators from Texas?
Kaine for Senate '18
benconstine
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #304 on: August 21, 2008, 09:16:30 PM »

I love this timeline!

How did Ron Paul win as a Republican in Texas? Wouldn't Texas have remained a Democratic state seeing as how the political landscape is in this TL? I could see the Progresssives gaining strength there among the working class and the minorities. Since we are on the Subject who is the Governor and Senators from Texas?

Republicans have always had enclaves of power in the South, and Paul is one of those Districts.  The Governor of Texas is Mark White (D), and the Senators are Lloyd Bentsen (D) and Phil Gramm (R).
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix
E: -6.77, S: 0.61

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #305 on: August 21, 2008, 09:38:17 PM »

What's the situation in South Asia?
Kaine for Senate '18
benconstine
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #306 on: August 21, 2008, 10:04:27 PM »

Because the domino theory and containment never came into being, the US never involved itself in Korea and Vietnam, leading to both nations becoming untied, Communist countries.  Most of Asia is basically the same, except China is not as far developed, due to not having relations with the US, or most Western nations yet.
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Moderators
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #307 on: August 22, 2008, 12:41:40 PM »

I love this timeline!

Republicans have always had enclaves of power in the South, and Paul is one of those Districts.  The Governor of Texas is Mark White (D), and the Senators are Lloyd Bentsen (D) and Phil Gramm (R).

By the way have the Bush's moved to Texas or are they still in Connecticut? Also who is in power in Pennsylvania is there a small GOP enclave there or are Thornburg and Scranton Progressives.
Kaine for Senate '18
benconstine
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #308 on: August 22, 2008, 12:45:19 PM »

I love this timeline!

By the way have the Bush's moved to Texas or are they still in Connecticut? Also who is in power in Pennsylvania is there a small GOP enclave there or are Thornburg and Scranton Progressives.

1)  The Bush's stayed in Connecticut, with Prescott serving as a Senator, George HW serving in various Diplomatic posts, and George W not really doing anything at all.

2)  Pennsylvania is run mostly by the Democrats and Progressives, with Republicans having small, long time areas of power.
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix

« Reply #309 on: August 22, 2008, 08:53:59 PM »

Because the domino theory and containment never came into being, the US never involved itself in Korea and Vietnam, leading to both nations becoming untied, Communist countries.  Most of Asia is basically the same, except China is not as far developed, due to not having relations with the US, or most Western nations yet.

Thanks for telling me about East Asia. Now can you answer my question?
Kaine for Senate '18
benconstine
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #310 on: August 22, 2008, 09:59:01 PM »

South Asia remains, essentially, unchanged from OTL.
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix

« Reply #311 on: August 23, 2008, 12:21:23 AM »

What about the famine in 1972 caused by Nixon withholding food shipments from Bangladesh after its independence from Pakistan?
Hash
Hashemite
Moderators
Atlas Superstar
Colombia

« Reply #312 on: August 23, 2008, 06:26:41 AM »

France?
Kaine for Senate '18
benconstine
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #313 on: August 23, 2008, 10:02:52 PM »

What about the famine in 1972 caused by Nixon withholding food shipments from Bangladesh after its independence from Pakistan?

The famine never happened, due to Jackson's support for Bangladesh.

By 1987, France is basically the same as it is in RL.
Kaine for Senate '18
benconstine
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #314 on: August 23, 2008, 11:55:16 PM »

On February 4, 1987, Justice Bailey Aldrich dies suddenly of a heart attack during oral arguments.  As his replacement, President O’Callaghan nominates Sandra Day O'Connor, making her the second woman to become a Justice.

On February 10, Congress begins debate on the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1987.  Introduced by Senator John F. Kennedy (D-MA), the ADA would prohibit under certain circumstances, discrimination based on disability, with disabilities being defined on a case by case basis, and excluding certain conditions as disabilities, such as current substance abusers.

Despite strong support from liberals from all parties, the legislation faces stiff opposition from conservatives such as Helms, Thurmond and Stennis; their main argument is that the legislation is unnecessary, as these protections are already covered by other pieces of legislation.

After several speeches by Senator Kennedy show that this legislation covers new territory, the conservatives move that the legislation is unconstitutional.  This argument, too, is quickly dispensed with, as numerous Senators, including the Chairman of the Judiciary Committee Joe Biden (P-DE), give speeches proving, beyond a shadow of a doubt, that the legislation is perfectly constitutional.

Finally, on March 25, after more than a month of debate, the Senate passes the ADA, 57-42; on April 10, after attempts by Congressman Ron Paul (R-TX) to convince the House to not pass what he calls “A massive waste of time,” the House passes the ADA 320-91, and it is signed by the President on April 12.

In early May, President O’Callaghan becomes the first US President to ever visit Russia while in office; he meets with President Mikhail Gorbachev, who had been elected in a shocking upset in the 1986 Russian Presidential Election.  On May 8, O’Callaghan gives a speech to the Russian Parliament, calling for closer relations between the two former enemies.  Although the speech is mostly well received, it is mocked by Senator Helms, who calls O’Callaghan “Comrade O’Callaghan” upon his return.

On June 1, President O’Callaghan authorizes Operation Praying Mantis, a one-day naval strike against Iranian naval ships, boats, and command posts in retaliation for the mining of a U.S. guided missile frigate.  Despite opposition from some members of his Cabinet, and his own reservations, O’Callaghan is persuaded to authorize the strikes by Senators Stennis and Warner.

On September 17, while giving a speech to Georgetown University Law School celebrating the 200th anniversary of the signing of the Constitution, tragedy strikes when Attorney General Ted Kennedy is assassinated by a radical anti-Catholic gunman.  The gunman then opens fire on the classroom, killing three more people before he commits suicide.

The Attorney General’s funeral is attended by all 535 members of Congress, every Cabinet member, and numerous foreign dignitaries.  O’Callaghan gives a moving eulogy to Gravel, breaking down in tears at the end.  The speech by his brother, Senator John F. Kennedy, is even more moving, with Kennedy breaking down multiple times, and having to hold onto the arm of his friend Senator John Kerry (P-MA) in order to continue.  Even enemies such as Helms and Thurmond deliver kind speeches, although Helms’ is noticeably reserved.

On October 10, Congress returns to session, and begins debate on the Violent Crime Control and Law Enforcement Act of 1988; introduced by Senator John F. Kennedy in remembrance of his brother, the Act would provide for 100,000 new police officers, $9.7 billion in funding for prisons and $6.1 billion in funding for prevention programs which were designed with significant input from experienced police officers.  In addition, the Act provided for a greatly expanded federal death penalty, new classes of individual banned from possessing firearms, and a variety of new crimes defined in statutes relating to immigration law, hate crimes, sex crimes, and gang-related crime.

With strong support throughout Congress, the Act is passed quickly, and signed by the President on October 28.

In his State of the Union Address on January 27, 1988, President O’Callaghan pays tribute to Ted Kennedy, calling him “A true freedom fighter of the highest order.”  He also announces that he will not seek reelection.

On February 9, O’Callaghan signs an executive order prohibiting off-shore drilling on the coast of Florida, claiming environmental problems.

The 1988 Presidential Election

With President O’Callaghan about to leave office, polls show that he has an approval rating of 58%, with 38% disapproving, and 4% having no opinion.

The 1988 Progressive National Convention

As expected, Vice President Gravel is nominated without opposition, and he selects Senator Carl Levin of Michigan as his running mate.

The 1988 Democratic National Convention

The 1988 Democratic primaries prove to be, unlike the 1984 primaries, an affair of North v. West, with Governor William O'Neill of Connecticut running against Senator John Warner of Virginia.

The 1988 Democratic Primaries:
February 8th (Iowa)Sad
Warner: 57%, O'Neill: 43%.

February 16th (New Hampshire)Sad
O'Neill: 52%, Warner: 48%.

February 23rd (Alabama, Arkansas, Florida, Georgia, Kentucky, Louisiana, Virginia)Sad
Alabama: Warner: 63%, O'Neill: 37%.
Arkansas: Warner: 59%, O'Neill: 41%.
Florida: Warner: 55%, O'Neill: 45%.
Georgia: Warner: 64%, O'Neill: 36%.
Kentucky: Warner: 58%, O'Neill: 42%.
Louisiana: Warner: 65%, O'Neill: 35%.
Virginia: Warner: 91%, O'Neill: 9%.

March 1st (Maryland, Massachusetts, Mississippi, Rhode Island, Tennessee, Texas)Sad
Maryland: Warner: 54%, O'Neill: 46%.
Massachusetts: O'Neill: 52%, Warner: 48%.
Mississippi: Warner: 72%, O'Neill: 28%.
Rhode Island: Warner: 50%, O'Neill: 50%.
Tennessee: Warner: 66%, O'Neill: 34%.
Texas: Warner: 54%, O'Neill: 46%.

After winning just 2 of the first 15 primaries, O'Neill drops out, and Warner selects Arkansas Governor Bill Clinton as his running mate.

The 1988 Republican National Convention

In a stunning upset, Congressman Ron Paul wins the Republican nomination, and selects fellow small government conservative, Senator Larry Pressler of South Dakota as his running mate.

The 1988 Presidential Election

Despite O’Callaghan’s immense popularity, the election is a toss-up for the entire campaign.  However, at the very end, a series of Gravel gaffes, plus strong performances by Warner in the debates, tip the election.

John Warner/Bill Clinton: 37% PV, 294 EV
Mike Gravel/Carl Levin: 36% PV, 206 EV
Ron Paul/Larry Pressler: 27% PV, 38 EV

The 1988 Congressional Elections

Given the narrow Warner victory margin, it is no surprise that the Democrats make minimal gains in the Congressional elections.

House Results:
Progressives: 248 (-5)
Democrats: 138 (+6)
Republicans: 49 (-1)

Senate Results:
Democrats: 40 (+5)
Progressives: 38 (-3)
Republicans: 22 (-2)
Robespierre's Jaw
Senator Conor Flynn
Junior Chimp
Political Matrix

« Reply #315 on: August 24, 2008, 03:26:18 AM »

Presidents of the United States

28th: Theodore Roosevelt (Progressive - New York) 1913-1921
29th: Claude Swanson (Democratic - Virginia) 1921-1929
30th: William Borah (Progressive - Idaho) 1929-1933
31st: Millard Tydings (Democratic - Maryland) 1933-1935
32nd: Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic - New York) 1935-1949
33rd: Claude Pepper (Democratic - Florida) 1949-1953
34th: Earl Warren (Progressive - California) 1953-1961
35th: James Roosevelt (Democratic - California) 1961-1969
36th: Henry 'Scoop' Jackson (Democratic - Washington) 1969-1977
37th: Ronald Reagan (Democratic - California) 1977-1981
38th: Mike O'Callaghan (Progressive - Nevada) 1981-1989
39th: John Warner (Democratic - Virginia) 1989-??

Vice Presidents of the United States

28th: Hiram Johnson (Progressive - California) 1913-1921
29th: George Hunt (Democratic - Arizona) 1921-1929
30th: John Hammill (Progressive - Iowa) 1929-1933
31st: Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic - New York) 1933-1935
32nd: John Bankhead (Democratic - Alabama) 1937-1945
33rd: Claude Pepper (Democratic - Florida) 1945-1949
34th: Joseph O'Mahoney (Democratic - Wyoming) 1949-1953
35th: Thomas Dewey (Progressive - New York) 1953-1961
36th: Lyndon B. Johnson (Democratic - Texas) 1961-1969
37th: Ronald Reagan (Democratic - California) 1969-1977
38th: Jimmy Carter (Democratic - Georgia) 1977-1981
39th: Mike Gravel (Progressive - Alaska) 1981-1989
40th: Bill Clinton (Democratic - Arkansas) 1989-??

Interesting to see that there have only been four Progressive Presidents in your TL and only eight Democratic Presidents since 1913. Just a tiny bit bias don't you agree Mr. Constine? Tongue But then again, you could say that about my Golden Age TL with only two Democratic Presidents since 1920 to date.
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix

« Reply #316 on: August 24, 2008, 04:38:08 PM »

Cross-promotion, eh?
Robespierre's Jaw
Senator Conor Flynn
Junior Chimp
Political Matrix

« Reply #317 on: August 24, 2008, 04:40:53 PM »

I need to that every now and then Xahar, it's the art of business Wink. You need to take drastic measures such as cross-promotion, especially when nobody comments when I updated the first year of the Willkie Presidency Sad
Kaine for Senate '18
benconstine
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #318 on: August 24, 2008, 04:42:09 PM »

Thanks for the list, Rocky.  You're right, the Democrats do seem to have a bit of an edge in this America.
Robespierre's Jaw
Senator Conor Flynn
Junior Chimp
Political Matrix

« Reply #319 on: August 24, 2008, 04:45:24 PM »

No problem. It's the sort of thing when I cannot think of anything to post. Not to mention it needed to be done. Such a list hadn't been created since James Roosevelt won the 1960 Presidential Election Tongue

You're right, the Democrats do seem to have a bit of an edge in this America.

Just a bit bias don't you agree Mr. Constine Wink
Kaine for Senate '18
benconstine
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #320 on: August 24, 2008, 04:47:10 PM »

You're right, the Democrats do seem to have a bit of an edge in this America.
Just a bit bias don't you agree Mr. Constine Wink

Slight Wink
Kaine for Senate '18
benconstine
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #321 on: August 25, 2008, 11:07:01 PM »

The First Term of John Warner

“We must continue to make America strong, and to make America great.  Working together, I know we can achieve this vision,” President Warner says, as an approving President O’Callaghan looks on.

Despite calls from Democrats to have a partisan Cabinet, Warner refuses, and brings leaders from all parties in.

Secretary of State: Richard Lugar (D-IN)
Secretary of Treasury: Lloyd Bentsen (D-TX)
Secretary of Defense: John Tower (D-TX)
Attorney General: Howell Heflin (D-AL)
Secretary of the Interior: Norman Bangerter (R-UT)
Secretary of Agriculture: Mike Hayden (P-KS)
Secretary of Commerce: John Danforth (P-MO)
Secretary of Labor: Lynn Martin (R-IL)
Secretary of Health and Human Services: Louis Sullivan (D-GA)
Secretary of Education: Terrel Bell (R-UT)
Secretary of Housing and Urban Development: Andrew Cuomo (P-NY)
Secretary of Transportation: Andrew Card (R-MA)
Secretary of Energy: Hazel R. O'Leary (D-NJ)
Secretary of Veteran’s Affairs: Daniel Akaka (P-HI)

On January 24, Congress begins debate on the Whistleblower Protection Act of 1989; introduced by Senator John F. Kennedy (D-MA), the Act would protect federal whistleblowers, or persons who work for the government who report agency misconduct. A federal agency would violate the Act if it takes or fails to take (or threatens to take or fail to take) a personnel action with respect to any employee or applicant because of any disclosure of information by the employee or applicant that he or she reasonably believes evidences a violation of a law, rule or regulation; gross mismanagement; gross waste of funds; an abuse of authority; or a substantial and specific danger to public health or safety.

Despite having support from numerous groups, including the President, the Act is filibustered by conservatives, with Judiciary Chairman Strom Thurmond (D-SC), leading the opposition, claiming that the legislation, “Encourages people to tattle on their employers.”  However, on February 12, by a vote of 81-19, the Senate grants cloture, and approve the Act on February 16 by a vote of 85-15; the House passes it on March 6, 340-52, and it is signed by the President on March 8.

In April, Congress begins debate on the Immigration Act of 1989.  The Act would increase the number of legal immigrants allowed into the United States each year. It would also create a lottery program that would randomly assign a number of visas. This was to help immigrants from countries where the United States did not often grant visas.  The Act would also provide for exceptions to the English testing process required for naturalization set forth by the Naturalization Act of 1906.

As expected, the Act faces opposition from conservatives like Helms and Thurmond, both of whom advocate restricting, not increasing, the number of immigrants allowed in each year.  For weeks, Helms and Thurmond conduct a strong filibuster, but it is eventually defeated, and is passed on May 17, 68-32; passing the House a week later, it is signed by the President on May 30.

On August 2, President Warner is faced with a major diplomatic crisis when Iraq invades the neighboring nation of Kuwait.  After two days of intense combat, most of the Kuwaiti Armed Forces were either overrun by the Iraqi Republican Guard or escaped to neighboring Saudi Arabia.

On August 7, President Warner announced that the U.S. would launch a "wholly defensive" mission to prevent Iraq from invading Saudi Arabia, called “Operation Desert Storm.” 

President Warner and Secretary of State Lugar manage to assemble a coalition of forces to join it in opposing Iraq, consisting of forces from 34 countries: Afghanistan, Argentina, Australia, Bahrain, Bangladesh, Belgium, Canada, Denmark, Egypt, France, Greece, Italy, Kuwait, Morocco, The Netherlands, New Zealand, Niger, Norway, Oman, Pakistan, Philippines, Portugal, Qatar, Republic of Korea, Saudi Arabia, Senegal, Sierra Leone, Singapore, Spain, Syria, the United Arab Emirates, the United Kingdom and the United States itself, while Japan and Germany contribute an additional $15 billion to the effort.

The United States and the United Nations gave several public justifications for involvement in the conflict. The most prominent reason was the Iraqi violation of Kuwaiti territorial integrity.  On September 12, Congress authorizes the use of military force to drive Iraq out of Kuwait.  The votes were 58-42 in the Senate and 270-165 in the House.

Starting with an extensive aerial bombing campaign, the coalition seeks quickly to end the war, and drive Iraq out of Kuwait.  US attempts to destroy Iraqi planes works well; their second phase of the air campaign ostensibly targeted military targets throughout Iraq and Kuwait: Scud missile launchers, weapons of mass destruction sites, weapons research facilities and naval forces.  11 of Iraq's 20 major power stations and 119 substations were totally destroyed, while a further six major power stations were damaged.

Shortly afterwards, the coalition forces assembled in full strength and launched an armored attack into Iraq on October 4, just to the west of Kuwait, taking Iraqi forces by surprise.  The Coalition advance was much swifter than U.S. generals had expected. On October 6, Iraqi troops began retreating out of Kuwait, setting fire to Kuwaiti oil fields as they left.

One hundred hours after the ground campaign started, President Warner declares a cease-fire and on October 7 declared that Kuwait had been liberated.
In his State of the Union Address on January 30, President Warner reflects on the success of the war, and says that, “Americans must never be afraid to help other nations when they are in need.”  His approval rating shoots up to 93%; it will not fall below 80% until the end of March.

On June 8, Justice John D. Butzner, Jr. retires from the Court.  President Warner appoints Antonin Scalia to replace him.

The 1990 Congressional Elections

With Warner’s approval ratings still in the high 60’s, the Democrats make major gains in Congress.

House Results:
Progressives: 200 (-48)
Democrats: 190 (+52)
Republicans: 45 (-4)

Senate Results:
Democrats: 50 (+10)
Progressives: 31 (-7)
Republicans: 19 (-3)
Robespierre's Jaw
Senator Conor Flynn
Junior Chimp
Political Matrix

« Reply #322 on: August 26, 2008, 12:59:13 AM »

Judging from President Warner's popularity coming into the 1990 Congressional Elections, I would assume that President Warner would be reelected convincingly over his Progressive and Republican opponents in the 1992 Presidential Election, not to mention I sense that the Democratic Party will regain control of the House of Representatives and solidify their majority in the Senate.

Anywho, a quick query. Who are the House and Senate leaders for the Democratic, Progressive and Republican parties as of the 1990 Congressional Elections?
Kaine for Senate '18
benconstine
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #323 on: August 26, 2008, 01:13:09 AM »

Judging from President Warner's popularity coming into the 1990 Congressional Elections, I would assume that President Warner would be reelected convincingly over his Progressive and Republican opponents in the 1992 Presidential Election, not to mention I sense that the Democratic Party will regain control of the House of Representatives and solidify their majority in the Senate.

Perhaps, but remember how high GHW Bush's ratings were in 1990 Wink

Anywho, a quick query. Who are the House and Senate leaders for the Democratic, Progressive and Republican parties as of the 1990 Congressional Elections?

House Leaders:
Speaker of the House: Tom Foley (P-WA)
Majority Leader: Jim Leach (P-IA)
Majority Whip: Jerry Kleczka (P-WI)
Minority Leader 1: Newt Gingrich (D-GA)
Minority Whip 1: David E. Bonior (D-MI)
Minority Leader 2: Olympia Snowe (R-ME)
Minority Whip 2: Nancy Johnson (R-CT)

Senate Leaders:
Majority Leader: Wendell H. Ford (D-KY)
Majority Whip: Jay Rockefeller (D-WV)
Minority Leader 1: Joe Biden (P-DE)
Minority Whip 1: Howard Metzenbaum (P-OH)
Minority Leader 2: Patrick Leahy (R-VT)
Minority Whip 2: William Cohen (R-ME)
Robespierre's Jaw
Senator Conor Flynn
Junior Chimp
Political Matrix

« Reply #324 on: August 26, 2008, 01:15:16 AM »

Perhaps, but remember how high GHW Bush's ratings were in 1990 Wink

Whilst you do bring up a very good point young Constine, I doubt that you will make your favourite Republican, in this case Democrat lose reelection in 1992. Not to mention, I doubt the economy will magically tank prior to the election, putting President Warner's reelection chances in dire straights. Oh snap Tongue
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 ... 20  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies