Senate Anouncement
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 01, 2024, 02:49:29 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Senate Anouncement
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Senate Anouncement  (Read 2796 times)
Beet
Atlas Star

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: August 09, 2004, 12:01:54 AM »

I think Texasgurl might have originally resigned because she was kind enough to give PBrunsel a chance to run since he is an active member but has trouble getting elected based on where he lives. Its only my personal idea but if true it was an altruistic move, now she wants her seat and thats fine. I endorse Texasgurl. Smiley
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix
E: 7.61, S: 0.00

« Reply #26 on: August 09, 2004, 12:43:59 AM »

Even though I completely disagree with her politics. Go TexasGurl! Smiley Kiss
StevenNick
StevenNick99

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #27 on: August 09, 2004, 01:15:47 AM »

We need someopne active, yes; but more importantly, we need someone with good character, wise beliefs and who is prepared to work with all people-and actually does so, not just paying lip service to the idea.

I quite agree.  That's why I'm endorsing Texasgurl for senate.
Platypus
hughento
Atlas Star
Australia

« Reply #28 on: August 09, 2004, 01:16:58 AM »

I fully endorse DemRepDan. We need someopne active, yes; but more importantly, we need someone with good character, wise beliefs and who is prepared to work with all people-and actually does so, not just paying lip service to the idea.

That person is Dan.
thanx for hijacking my thread to call me names and cast aspersions on my character.
DemRepDan doesn't need to worry about me getting negative his cronies just did.

I did not call you names, I called dan names, and positive ones at that. casting aspirations on your character? Hardly. I cast them on Dan. Feel free to believe that I was being negative, feel freee to be a pessimist, feel free to believe that I won't say nice and completely true trhings about my fellow Senator. But don't think I was being agressive towards you.

I wasn't then, but now I am. You are indecisive, inactive and politically immovable. You are a social liberal, and an economic liberal, and only piope up your views when you like the issue. I know all senators do this, but you do it significantly more then most, and it is not in the best interests of the District or the nation.

You were a very mediocre senator, and I feel that if you are re-elected, you will be the same. Not good, not bad, not representative of the districts population, just there as the tokenn female radlib.

I have nothing against females, and not much against radlibs. Some of my best friends are women (Wink) and I don't feel they deserve any special treatment-special ood or special bad.

I am very prepared to attack you if you are the worst of th3e choices. I have never gone negative before, but if thats what you accuse me of doing thats what i'll do. I won't treat tyou with kid, or woman, gloves, and I expect you won't treat me softly either. You're running for the senate, after indecision, a lackluster term, and confusing politics. You'd better expect that you're going to be treated as an actual equal, not as an 'equal', but as an equal.

The campaign is on, and this time, everyone, male and female, or a bit of both, is equal.
StevenNick
StevenNick99

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #29 on: August 09, 2004, 01:43:31 AM »

As a person who found Texasgurl to be a smart, insightful, and tripartisan voice in the senate, I feel the need to speak up and defend her record against these baseless attacks.

I did not call you names, I called dan names, and positive ones at that. casting aspirations on your character? Hardly. I cast them on Dan. Feel free to believe that I was being negative, feel freee to be a pessimist, feel free to believe that I won't say nice and completely true trhings about my fellow Senator. But don't think I was being agressive towards you.

Ok, that's just ridiculous.  You said, "We need someopne [sic] active, yes; but more importantly, we need someone with good character, wise beliefs and who is prepared to work with all people--and actually does so, not just paying lip service to the idea."

You stated that Demrepdan is that "someone with good character," etc.  The implication is, of course, that Texasgurl does not have those qualities.  Of course, this is, although not exactly a negative attack in the htmldon mold, an attack nonetheless.

You must be logged in to read this quote.

This in another ridiculous statement.  Texasgurl has been one of the most active senators on all issues.  She has established a very tripartisan record.  As far as your statement that Texasgurl plays favorites with the issues any more than any other senator, I can only scratch my head and wonder what exactly you are basing your statements on.

I would say that you don't even hold a candle up to Texasgurl.  While she has consistently elevated the debate, offered interesting points of view, and voted her conscience, you have failed to make any lasting impact on the senate.  If I were making a list of mediocre senators, Texasgurl's name would not be included.  Yours would.

Now to respond to your little "female radlib" comment, I just want to say that, although Texasgurl is without a doubt a liberal (and as far as I know a female, too), her presence in the senate is not limited to being a "female radlib."  The fact that you seem so willing to pidgeonhole people into slanderous little stereotypes shows that you are closeminded and rude.  Or, to give you a taste of your own medicine, I could say that your presence in the senate only satisfies the wild-eyed Aussie dunce crowd.

That's so big of you.

Yes, well, you should expect to be treated "equal" too.  Not just "equal", but EQUAL[/i][/u].  Well, maybe not EQUAL[/b][/u], but certainly Equal[/u].

Blah, blah, blah.  Next time anybody wants to hear what you have to say, we'll let you know.  But I wouldn't hold my breath until then.
Demrepdan

« Reply #30 on: August 12, 2004, 10:17:29 PM »

The thing the really gets me....is that I'm much more moderate than Texasgurl....but yet she is getting many endorsements from Conservatives....even FAR right-wing conservatives like States Rights. They throw away all they believe in just because they don't like me.
When the Conservatives support a left-wing liberal over a moderate......that tells ya somethin....

They just don't like the way I look....where I went to school!! (If anyone can guess what that is an allusion to, I'll give you 10 points.)
TeePee4Prez
Flyers2004
Atlas Icon

« Reply #31 on: August 13, 2004, 01:33:25 AM »

I give TexasGurl my endorsement as well.
Niles Caulder

« Reply #32 on: August 13, 2004, 07:49:09 AM »

The thing the really gets me....is that I'm much more moderate than Texasgurl....but yet she is getting many endorsements from Conservatives....even FAR right-wing conservatives like States Rights. They throw away all they believe in just because they don't like me.
When the Conservatives support a left-wing liberal over a moderate......that tells ya somethin....

They just don't like the way I look....where I went to school!! (If anyone can guess what that is an allusion to, I'll give you 10 points.)

'Nixon'

Please put my 10 points in a 1 yr. CD, now that interest rates are on the climb.
ilikeverin
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Timor-Leste

« Reply #33 on: August 13, 2004, 10:52:17 AM »

Shocked

What's happened to party coherency? Shocked

J/k Wink
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to: