Religion - I am A?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 03, 2024, 09:53:40 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Individual Politics (Moderator: The Dowager Mod)
  Religion - I am A?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11
Author Topic: Religion - I am A?  (Read 24659 times)
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #150 on: August 06, 2004, 02:17:40 AM »

The site that Josh's image is from is listed in Franklin's Hate Directory and is blocked by many internet filters as a hate site.
Josh/Devilman88
josh4bush
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix
E: 3.61, S: -1.74

« Reply #151 on: August 06, 2004, 02:17:45 AM »

Your bible is very confusing... i can't understand it at all...

You can't understand plain English?
Yes, but it don't have the ye's and thees and that.. plus I think your bible is wrong, and is not the real bible and just another book.

So, my Bible is wrong because it is not in Old English.  My Bible was translated directly out of the Greek.  Did Paul write in Old English?

Its wrong because it is not the KJV. The only Bible inspired by God. THe KJV was the 1st english version of the bible made.

I think you should listen to this preacher right here....

http://www.baptist-city.com/king_james.htm

Go there and The NIV Bible & The New Age Movement

It talks about all the other version beside the KJV.

ROTFLMAO  I'm sorry Josh, but that is too funny.  Are you asserting that simply because a bible was translated to English, it is right.  If you assert that, then you must be asserting that the texts it was translated out of were wrong.

Go to the link and listen to that guy. Then come back and we can talk some more about this.

No, I won't because that guy is an idiot.  I can tell just by what you have said about him.  Listen, Josh, how can your Bible be more correct than mine when yours was translated out of a version that my Church did away with because it was too errant?

Your Bible is 5 hand, having been taken from one translation after another after another.  The Bible I use is a direct translation from the original Greek and was approved by both Catholic and Protestant translators as being as currect a translation as possible.

Do you think that Paul wrote in English?

If you wont listen to the link and understand the way I believe then fine.
12th Doctor
supersoulty
Atlas Star
Ukraine

« Reply #152 on: August 06, 2004, 02:18:07 AM »

Answer the question first.  Stand on your own two feet.  

What makes your KJV so special.  You do know that the KJV was created specifically to put a spin on things.  Why do you think it is named for a king?
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #153 on: August 06, 2004, 02:18:20 AM »

Do you have a pic of Satan, the Pope, and a businessman (with a stereotypically "Jewish" nose) selling a fake Catholic Bible in your sig?

The NIV and all other version of the bible is a tool for evil. If you go to that link i posted up there you will understand.

Josh, this is sick. If you don't agree with what we believe, fine but don't start putting pictures mocking MY CHURCH LEADER next to the Devil. I ask that anyone that is Catholic or anyone that believes this is distasteful should urge Josh to remove that picture from his signature.

BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #154 on: August 06, 2004, 02:19:20 AM »

Josh, are you aware that that image is from a site which is blocked by my work's internet filter and is classified as hate speech?
Josh/Devilman88
josh4bush
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix

« Reply #155 on: August 06, 2004, 02:21:30 AM »

What makes your KJV so special.  You do know that the KJV was created specifically to put a spin on things.  Why do you think it is named for a king?

It was named after King James, because he gave the money to make it.

I am not going to say anymore. Because you will not like what i have to say right now.
Nation
of_thisnation
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #156 on: August 06, 2004, 02:22:14 AM »

Do you have a pic of Satan, the Pope, and a businessman (with a stereotypically "Jewish" nose) selling a fake Catholic Bible in your sig?

The NIV and all other version of the bible is a tool for evil. If you go to that link i posted up there you will understand.

Josh, this is sick. If you don't agree with what we believe, fine but don't start putting pictures mocking MY CHURCH LEADER next to the Devil. I ask that anyone that is Catholic or anyone that believes this is distasteful should urge Josh to remove that picture from his signature.

I'll go further then that: just stop listening to his arguments. He's not even willing to argue on his own, all he does is say listen to a 1-hour audio of some guy who believes that any other Bible other than KJV is evil.

The site also says that Catholicism is the "Cult of Mary."
12th Doctor
supersoulty
Atlas Star
Ukraine

« Reply #157 on: August 06, 2004, 02:23:44 AM »

Your bible is very confusing... i can't understand it at all...

You can't understand plain English?
Yes, but it don't have the ye's and thees and that.. plus I think your bible is wrong, and is not the real bible and just another book.

So, my Bible is wrong because it is not in Old English.  My Bible was translated directly out of the Greek.  Did Paul write in Old English?

Its wrong because it is not the KJV. The only Bible inspired by God. THe KJV was the 1st english version of the bible made.

I think you should listen to this preacher right here....

http://www.baptist-city.com/king_james.htm

Go there and The NIV Bible & The New Age Movement

It talks about all the other version beside the KJV.

ROTFLMAO  I'm sorry Josh, but that is too funny.  Are you asserting that simply because a bible was translated to English, it is right.  If you assert that, then you must be asserting that the texts it was translated out of were wrong.

Go to the link and listen to that guy. Then come back and we can talk some more about this.

No, I won't because that guy is an idiot.  I can tell just by what you have said about him.  Listen, Josh, how can your Bible be more correct than mine when yours was translated out of a version that my Church did away with because it was too errant?

Your Bible is 5 hand, having been taken from one translation after another after another.  The Bible I use is a direct translation from the original Greek and was approved by both Catholic and Protestant translators as being as currect a translation as possible.

Do you think that Paul wrote in English?

If you wont listen to the link and understand the way I believe then fine.

Josh, this is absolute crap.  You and your preacher freind, fall behind this because you cannot arguee in legitimatly in the battle of ideas.
Josh/Devilman88
josh4bush
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix

« Reply #158 on: August 06, 2004, 02:24:27 AM »

I don't believe everything that sites said.. I just like the picture, because it is suppose to mean that the NIV and the other version are not the REAL bible. And are a work of evil.
12th Doctor
supersoulty
Atlas Star
Ukraine

« Reply #159 on: August 06, 2004, 02:24:53 AM »

It was named after King James, because he gave the money to make it.

I am not going to say anymore. Because you will not like what i have to say right now.

Do you believe that the Monarch of England is the leader of the Church?
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #160 on: August 06, 2004, 02:25:52 AM »

you like an anti-Semetic picture from a hate site?
12th Doctor
supersoulty
Atlas Star
Ukraine

« Reply #161 on: August 06, 2004, 02:26:20 AM »

I don't believe everything that sites said.. I just like the picture, because it is suppose to mean that the NIV and the other version are not the REAL bible. And are a work of evil.

Well, if my Bible is the book of the anti-Christ, then I suppose that we cannot have this conversation, because nothing I say will be right in your eyes.
Josh/Devilman88
josh4bush
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix

« Reply #162 on: August 06, 2004, 02:26:40 AM »

you like an anti-Semetic picture from a hate site?
What makes it a hate site?
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #163 on: August 06, 2004, 02:27:13 AM »

ALSO, I don't know if you were planning to do this or not but I am going to request that you don't put my Keystone Phil for Senate sign next to that trash in your signature. I'd hate to lose your support, Josh but hey..some things are more important and I don't want to see something promoting my candidacy next to something making my religion look evil.
12th Doctor
supersoulty
Atlas Star
Ukraine

« Reply #164 on: August 06, 2004, 02:27:32 AM »

Clearly you do, because every argueement you have made has been pulled out of such garbage.
Josh/Devilman88
josh4bush
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix

« Reply #165 on: August 06, 2004, 02:27:33 AM »

Well, if my Bible is the book of the anti-Christ, then I suppose that we cannot have this conversation, because nothing I say will be right in your eyes.

Haha, yep
12th Doctor
supersoulty
Atlas Star
Ukraine

« Reply #166 on: August 06, 2004, 02:28:27 AM »

Haha, yep

Fine, I'm not going to waste my time then.  Go have fun.  I'll be going to Hell I suppose.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #167 on: August 06, 2004, 02:28:38 AM »

I'm glad to see that picture out of your signature, Josh. You have to understand that faith is important to me and others and making our faith look evil is inappropriate.
Josh/Devilman88
josh4bush
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix

« Reply #168 on: August 06, 2004, 02:29:43 AM »

ALSO, I don't know if you were planning to do this or not but I am going to request that you don't put my Keystone Phil for Senate sign next to that trash in your signature. I'd hate to lose your support, Josh but hey..some things are more important and I don't want to see something promoting my candidacy next to something making my religion look evil.

I still support you 100%. Your religion is your religion.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #169 on: August 06, 2004, 02:29:59 AM »

it's classified as such because of the fact that it demonizes all non-fundamentalist Protestants and contains anti-Semetic images such as the one you had.
Josh/Devilman88
josh4bush
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix

« Reply #170 on: August 06, 2004, 02:31:25 AM »

I'm glad to see that picture out of your signature, Josh. You have to understand that faith is important to me and others and making our faith look evil is inappropriate.

I was not trying to make your faith look evil. It was made to make the NIV book look evil
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #171 on: August 06, 2004, 02:31:44 AM »

I still support you 100%. Your religion is your religion.

And I thank you for that but I couldn't sit here and see a sign for my candidacy next to that stuff in your signature.
The Duke
JohnD.Ford
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: 0.13, S: -1.23

« Reply #172 on: August 06, 2004, 02:32:17 AM »

I don't know, could it be the fact that they say the Pope and the Jews are in league with the devil to spread evil in the world?

Btw, I listened to that Preacher friend of yours for a bit.  He is clearly a charlatan that corrals followers based on folksy charisma while camouflaging his bigoted message in down-home tales of good old fashioned fun.

No legitimate preacher would use the term "pussyfooter" in a sermon.  Can you imagine Jonathan Edwards or John Winthrop using "pussyfoter" in a sermon?
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #173 on: August 06, 2004, 02:32:17 AM »

I was not trying to make your faith look evil. It was made to make the NIV book look evil

Josh, you had the Pope sitting next to the Devil! THAT is making my faith look evil.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #174 on: August 06, 2004, 02:37:41 AM »
« Edited: August 06, 2004, 02:41:58 AM by Better Red Than Dead »

Here's another site which claims the KJV is the only true Bible and only full immersion baptisms are valid: www.kingidentity.com

warning: EXTREMELY offensive. contains images that make the one that was in Josh's signature look tame.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies