Religion - I am A?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 03, 2024, 11:14:02 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Individual Politics (Moderator: The Dowager Mod)
  Religion - I am A?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11
Author Topic: Religion - I am A?  (Read 24668 times)
Josh/Devilman88
josh4bush
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix
E: 3.61, S: -1.74

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #125 on: August 06, 2004, 01:50:08 AM »

Your bible is very confusing... i can't understand it at all...
12th Doctor
supersoulty
Atlas Star
Ukraine

« Reply #126 on: August 06, 2004, 01:51:08 AM »

You can't understand plain English?
Josh/Devilman88
josh4bush
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix

« Reply #127 on: August 06, 2004, 01:51:10 AM »

ijohn would know awhole lot more then i do.. he will put his 2 cent in tomorrow.
Josh/Devilman88
josh4bush
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix

« Reply #128 on: August 06, 2004, 01:52:49 AM »

Yes, but it don't have the ye's and thees and that.. plus I think your bible is wrong, and is not the real bible and just another book.
12th Doctor
supersoulty
Atlas Star
Ukraine

« Reply #129 on: August 06, 2004, 01:58:01 AM »

Now, let us look at Acts 16

First we have this

One of them, a woman named Lydia, a dealer in purple cloth, from the city of Thyatira, a worshiper of God, 5 listened, and the Lord opened her heart to pay attention to what Paul was saying.
After she and her household had been baptized, she offered us an invitation, "If you consider me a believer in the Lord, come and stay at my home," and she prevailed on us.

followed by

And they said, "Believe in the Lord Jesus and you and your household will be saved."
So they spoke the word of the Lord to him and to everyone in his house.
He took them in at that hour of the night and bathed their wounds; then he and all his family were baptized at once.

Here, we have whole families being Baptized at once.  There is no mention of small children being left out.  Surely, there must have been infants in these families, but they are not left out.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #130 on: August 06, 2004, 01:59:40 AM »

plus I think your bible is wrong, and is not the real bible and just another book.

Ok I think we got the point, Josh.
12th Doctor
supersoulty
Atlas Star
Ukraine

« Reply #131 on: August 06, 2004, 02:00:34 AM »

Now, let us look at Mt 15:21-28

9 Then Jesus went from that place and withdrew to the region of Tyre and Sidon.
And behold, a Canaanite woman of that district came and called out, "Have pity on me, Lord, Son of David! My daughter is tormented by a demon."
But he did not say a word in answer to her. His disciples came and asked him, "Send her away, for she keeps calling out after us."
10 He said in reply, "I was sent only to the lost sheep of the house of Israel."
But the woman came and did him homage, saying, "Lord, help me."
He said in reply, "It is not right to take the food of the children 11 and throw it to the dogs."
She said, "Please, Lord, for even the dogs eat the scraps that fall from the table of their masters."
Then Jesus said to her in reply, "O woman, great is your faith! 12 Let it be done for you as you wish." And her daughter was healed from that hour.

Here, the woman's daughter is tormented by a demon, but the woman's faith brings about the spiritual healing of her daughter.  This again makes the case that the faith of others is a worthy stand in.

Your mother can't save you. You have to REPENT to get saved.

But, the faith of this woman was enough to heal her daughter in the name of Chirst.  The purpose of Baptism is to enter the Church and forgiven of original sin.

Look at 1 Cor 15:21-22.  Pual says that in Adam all die, in Christ, all live.  In Christ, these people were made alive, albiet, through the prays of others.
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #132 on: August 06, 2004, 02:00:45 AM »

I was baptised as a Catholic very early on (and that can't be undone Tongue ), but I never went through confirmation.

actually I think it can if you're excommunicated. you just need to write them saying you renounced them and you're excommunicated. i know someone who did.
12th Doctor
supersoulty
Atlas Star
Ukraine

« Reply #133 on: August 06, 2004, 02:02:02 AM »

Yes, but it don't have the ye's and thees and that.. plus I think your bible is wrong, and is not the real bible and just another book.

So, my Bible is wrong because it is not in Old English.  My Bible was translated directly out of the Greek.  Did Paul write in Old English?
Josh/Devilman88
josh4bush
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix

« Reply #134 on: August 06, 2004, 02:02:44 AM »

And behold, a Canaanite woman of that district came and called out, "Have pity on me, Lord, Son of David! My daughter is tormented by a demon."
But he did not say a word in answer to her. His disciples came and asked him, "Send her away, for she keeps calling out after us."
10 He said in reply, "I was sent only to the lost sheep of the house of Israel."
He said in reply, "It is not right to take the food of the children 11 and throw it to the dogs."
She said, "Please, Lord, for even the dogs eat the scraps that fall from the table of their masters."
Then Jesus said to her in reply, "O woman, great is your faith! 12 Let it be done for you as you wish." And her daughter was healed from that hour.

Here, the woman's daughter is tormented by a demon, but the woman's faith brings about the spiritual healing of her daughter.  This again makes the case that the faith of others is a worthy stand in.

But, the faith of this woman was enough to heal her daughter in the name of Chirst.  The purpose of Baptism is to enter the Church and forgiven of original sin.

Look at 1 Cor 15:21-22.  Pual says that in Adam all die, in Christ, all live.  In Christ, these people were made alive, albiet, through the prays of others.
YOU your SELF have to repent.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #135 on: August 06, 2004, 02:04:34 AM »

So, my Bible is wrong because it is not in Old English.  My Bible was translated directly out of the Greek.  Did Paul write in Old English?

I think he's saying its wrong because he doesn't believe what we believe. But if he's saying its wrong because it's not in Old English, that is just ridiculous.
12th Doctor
supersoulty
Atlas Star
Ukraine

« Reply #136 on: August 06, 2004, 02:05:26 AM »

YOU your SELF have to repent.

True, but how does that prevent Infant Baptism?
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #137 on: August 06, 2004, 02:06:02 AM »
« Edited: August 06, 2004, 02:06:53 AM by Better Red Than Dead »

Josh's Bible isn't written in Old English either. If it was written in Old English, no one here would be able to understand a word of it. Old English is not Shakespeare folks.
Josh/Devilman88
josh4bush
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix

« Reply #138 on: August 06, 2004, 02:06:28 AM »

Its wrong because it is not the KJV. The only Bible inspired by God. THe KJV was the 1st english version of the bible made.

I think you should listen to this preacher right here....

http://www.baptist-city.com/king_james.htm

Go there and The NIV Bible & The New Age Movement

It talks about all the other version beside the KJV.
12th Doctor
supersoulty
Atlas Star
Ukraine

« Reply #139 on: August 06, 2004, 02:09:04 AM »
« Edited: August 06, 2004, 02:09:59 AM by Vice-President Supersoulty »

Its wrong because it is not the KJV. The only Bible inspired by God. THe KJV was the 1st english version of the bible made.

ROTFLMAO  I'm sorry Josh, but that is too funny.  Are you asserting that simply because a bible was translated to English, it is right.  If you assert that, then you must be asserting that the texts it was translated out of were wrong.
Josh/Devilman88
josh4bush
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix

« Reply #140 on: August 06, 2004, 02:10:40 AM »

ROTFLMAO  I'm sorry Josh, but that is too funny.  Are you asserting that simply because a bible was translated to English, it is right.  If you assert that, then you must be asserting that the texts it was translated out of were wrong.

Go to the link and listen to that guy. Then come back and we can talk some more about this.
The Duke
JohnD.Ford
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: 0.13, S: -1.23

« Reply #141 on: August 06, 2004, 02:12:08 AM »
« Edited: August 06, 2004, 02:14:22 AM by John Ford »

Josh, you bigot.

Do you have a pic (above) of Satan, the Pope, and a businessman (with a stereotypically "Jewish" nose) selling a fake Catholic Bible in your sig?
TeePee4Prez
Flyers2004
Atlas Icon

« Reply #142 on: August 06, 2004, 02:12:31 AM »

Roman Catholic, but disagree with many tenets.  I feel bad about abandoning it, but the Catholic church is increasingly becoming a sick bureaucracy.  I'm pushing agnosticism.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #143 on: August 06, 2004, 02:13:07 AM »

Go to the link and listen to that guy. Then come back and we can talk some more about this.

That picture in your last post is absolutley uncalled for Josh. I have lost respect for your arguements. If you want to have a debate, fine. That picture is totally unnecessary.
Nation
of_thisnation
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #144 on: August 06, 2004, 02:13:28 AM »

Josh, you bigot.

Do you have a pic of Satan, the Pope, and a businessman (with a stereotypically "Jewish" nose) selling a fake Catholic Bible in your sig?

Josh, that's stooping pretty damn low. I try to be nice on this forum, but that picture is the worst damn thing you've ever posted on here, and in your signature to boot. One word. Bigot.
Josh/Devilman88
josh4bush
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix

« Reply #145 on: August 06, 2004, 02:13:57 AM »

Do you have a pic of Satan, the Pope, and a businessman (with a stereotypically "Jewish" nose) selling a fake Catholic Bible in your sig?

The NIV and all other version of the bible is a tool for evil. If you go to that link i posted up there you will understand.
12th Doctor
supersoulty
Atlas Star
Ukraine

« Reply #146 on: August 06, 2004, 02:14:54 AM »

No, I won't because that guy is an idiot.  I can tell just by what you have said about him.  Listen, Josh, how can your Bible be more correct than mine when yours was translated out of a version that my Church did away with because it was too errant?

Your Bible is 5 hand, having been taken from one translation after another after another.  The Bible I use is a direct translation from the original Greek and was approved by both Catholic and Protestant translators as being as currect a translation as possible.

Do you think that Paul wrote in English?
Nation
of_thisnation
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #147 on: August 06, 2004, 02:15:31 AM »

No, I won't because that guy is an idiot.  I can tell just by what you have said about him.  Listen, Josh, how can your Bible be more correct than mine when yours was translated out of a version that my Church did away with because it was too errant?

Your Bible is 5 hand, having been taken from one translation after another after another.  The Bible I use is a direct translation from the original Greek and was approved by both Catholic and Protestant translators as being as currect a translation as possible.

Do you think that Paul wrote in English?

If he's willing to believe that NIV is a tool of evil, I wouldn't be surprised.
Josh/Devilman88
josh4bush
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix

« Reply #148 on: August 06, 2004, 02:16:17 AM »

LISTEN TO THE LINK THEN COME BACK AND TALK TO ME
12th Doctor
supersoulty
Atlas Star
Ukraine

« Reply #149 on: August 06, 2004, 02:16:24 AM »

The NIV and all other version of the bible is a tool for evil. If you go to that link i posted up there you will understand.

Oh, my God boy.  I don't even use that version.  I used the New American Bible.  You are truely warped if you believe this crap.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies