Are these the comments of a bigot?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 02, 2024, 01:17:48 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Are these the comments of a bigot?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Poll
Question: Huh
Yes

No

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 37

Author Topic: Are these the comments of a bigot?  (Read 3457 times)
bgwah
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.03, S: -6.96

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: November 28, 2007, 06:12:41 PM »

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Yes! I recommend this to anyone who calls Islam a "Religion of Peace" and believes that anyone is capable of working with that group of animals.
[/quote]

Where can you find those blacks at? Where I work is over 80% black and I have yet to find one that holds that opinion. Most of them, as usual, think it's a "white conspiracy" and half of them are out buying/wearing Vick jerseys to show support for a "fellow brother".
[/quote]

On segregation:

Quote from: Restricted

First of all, it isn't my choice. But that's not something I would expect someone with a picture like that in his signature to understand.

[/quote]

Of course it isn't a choice. However it is a mental condition, birth defect or chemical imbalance. Nature doesn't create animals whos' purpose is something other then reproduction.
[/quote]

It clearly does, since there are quite a few gays around.
[/quote]

Prove it. Show me scientific evidence that evolution allows for beings to exist whos' sole purpose is NOT to reproduce then prove that it's not an abnormality.
[/quote]

[/quote]

VVV Continued in next post
bgwah
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2007, 06:13:19 PM »

Yep, that's true in all muslim countries.
[/quote]

How exactly is two people who love each other and presumably have nothing to do with you and your lifestyle 'subjecting' you to it?

Oh, and being gay is not a conscious choice.
[/quote]

Gay pride days? Gay pride parades? Homo awareness? All that sh*t should be kept out of the public.

Oh, and yes, it certainly IS a choice.

We aren't animals.
[/quote]

A therapist may be able to help you with that problem.
[/quote][/quote]

"SERIOUS"......like homosexuality?
[/quote]

No, Homosexuality is more likely a mental illness although genetics may have some influence.
[/quote]

You just answered your own question. First you said that nature doesn't at all allow beings who don't reproduce, then you said that it does happen but it's an abnormality.
[/quote]

Homosexuality is an abnormality, a quirk in the DNA. In no way would nature create something like that in a normal manner.
[/quote]

So I'm not normal, who cares? I shouldn't be treated differently from anyone else. I wish people like you would just mind your own business.
[/quote]

Don't force your perverted lifestyle on normal society. Your disgusting practices shouldn't be protected by law, obviously.
[/quote]

I'm just going to leave it at that, and hope that most people can see your comments for what they are.
[/quote]

Oh go cry about your "oppression" somewhere else. Personally I am sick of you f*gs running around telling us how to think. Bugger off wanker.
[/quote]

If your religon isn't compatible with basic science, its not going to fit in modern-society. Its a lot like Galielo and Darwin.

If your religion can't handle the discovery of genetic mutations that is your fault for being stupid, not the scientists for working hard.

Naturally its idiots like you who want to the US to fall behind in the sciences and mathematics.
[/quote]

You do realize I am agreeing with the science on this matter, right?
[/quote]

I agree. I find it very sad that there are people dumb enough to think homosexuality is a disease or should be "cured". Very sad indeed Cry.
[/quote]

Ok, so if it's a genetic disorder then you say it shouldn't be cured. So then its ok if we have people with mental retardation running around and doctors not trying to cure it because we may hurt someones sensitivities?
[/quote]
Its not a genetic disorder, its simply genetics. That's like saying blonde hair, which would be genetic, is a disorder. And I have nothing wrong with people who are mentally retarded; they are fine as they are. I don't hate people because of who they are.
[/quote]

So you wouldn't want to fix the gene so that people are no longer born mentally retarded? And yes, if homosexuality is genes it certainly is a disorder as nature does not create animals with the expressed purpose of having sexual relations with the same sex.
[/quote]

DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: 9.16, S: -3.13

« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2007, 06:18:47 PM »

Some of the comments I would agree with (especially the ACLU one), I'm assuming StatesRights or Jmfcst said these things?
Ebowed
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 4.13, S: 2.09

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2007, 06:27:20 PM »

Yep, they are the comments of a hate-filled, insensitive bigot.
Bacon King
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.63, S: -9.49

« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2007, 06:31:52 PM »

statesrights?
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #5 on: November 28, 2007, 06:39:49 PM »

Yep, they are the comments of a hate-filled, insensitive bigot.
2952-0-0
exnaderite
Junior Chimp

« Reply #6 on: November 28, 2007, 07:09:22 PM »

I recall StatesRights making the comment about the Nigerian coworker.
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix
E: -6.77, S: 0.61

« Reply #7 on: November 28, 2007, 07:13:50 PM »

After those anti-Islam comments, I will never look at SR the same way again.
Boris
boris78
Junior Chimp
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: -1.55, S: -4.52

« Reply #8 on: November 28, 2007, 08:28:00 PM »

lol, were we bored today or something?
Fmr President & Senator Polnut
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix
E: -2.71, S: -5.22

« Reply #9 on: November 28, 2007, 09:14:38 PM »

Funny... people with such vile opinions telling someone else to get therapy is hillarious.
Colin
ColinW
Atlas Icon
Papua New Guinea

Political Matrix
E: 3.87, S: -6.09

« Reply #10 on: November 28, 2007, 09:16:07 PM »

Yeah, we need to get you a hobby or a girlfriend or a job Jesus. You put way too much work into finding evidence for this person's bigotry. So who is this? Is this States or somebody else?

As for the comments most are obviously horrible and hate filled and, yes, bigoted.
bgwah
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #11 on: November 28, 2007, 09:32:13 PM »

Yes. I have a lot of studying to do, and I'll probably be pulling an all nighter. I needed a break.

Yeah, we need to get you a hobby or a girlfriend or a job Jesus. You put way too much work into finding evidence for this person's bigotry. So who is this? Is this States or somebody else?

As for the comments most are obviously horrible and hate filled and, yes, bigoted.

Yes, of course it is States. It was not a terribly difficult task--I merely typed in words like "homosexuality" and "black" into the search engine, and set it to show posts by StatesRights. I honestly feel like I barely scratched the surface--he has said so many offensive and horrible things.

I was inspired by the thread about how he had left. He received and outpouring of love and praise from the forum community. I was absolutely disgusted.

You people have no standards. My opinion of this forum has plummeted over the past year, but that thread was a turning point. I had not realized what a cesspool this place is. There are few people on this planet less worthy of life than StatesRights. He is a despicable human being, yet I'm the insane one for disliking him!?

How can someone like Afleitch, a homosexual, "miss" a man who says he is a disgusting child molester? What the hell is wrong with you guys?! I felt I needed to remind you all what kind of person StatesRights is. A horrible one. It is disgraceful that any of you would be upset because of his departure. I was very upset by some of the forumers praising States as a "good" man.

Though I would guess he will return to the forum (he has attempted to leave before), I hope you guys realize how much better this forum is without him. There are people more deserving of your sympathy. It is unfortunate that some of you must suggest that I have no life--honestly Colin, you're the President of a friggin fantasy nation, what position are you in to criticize me? I don't really even care if I get banned from this forum anymore. Sad
Colin
ColinW
Atlas Icon
Papua New Guinea

Political Matrix
E: 3.87, S: -6.09

« Reply #12 on: November 28, 2007, 09:39:21 PM »

It is unfortunate that some of you must suggest that I have no life--honestly Colin, you're the President of a friggin fantasy nation, what position are you in to criticize me? I don't really even care if I get banned from this forum anymore. Sad

I wasn't criticizing I was more trying to make a joke out of that. I know I'm a jerky son of a bitch. I also know I don't have a life, like everyone else on this forum. I'm sorry for making you so angry. I can understand what you are trying to do.
Ban my account ffs!
snowguy716
Atlas Star
Austria

« Reply #13 on: November 28, 2007, 09:52:34 PM »

Like I said before, we didn't agree on anything regarding politics (and religion or morality, for that matter).

But we had a PM discussion about our heritage and he was very cordial and friendly and he must have mellowed out considerably once I had joined the forum because besides a few snide comments here and there, he didn't seem that overboard.

And while I didn't say anything in particular to criticize you, I totally understand how you feel that way because you've been around for a lot longer than I and you knew a different side of him.

To be honest, I thought all of those quotes were from Ann Coulter.. I was actually a bit mortified when I found out they were from Statesrights.

Sadly, there is a lot more where that came from.. and I realize nothing that I do will ever change these peoples' minds.. so all I can do is try to be the best person I can and maybe it'll rub off a bit.
Frodo
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #14 on: November 28, 2007, 09:55:27 PM »

I am assuming most of those comments were made tongue-in-cheek.   
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: 9.16, S: -3.13

« Reply #15 on: November 28, 2007, 09:57:12 PM »

Is the person whose nickname is "Jesus" and openly mocks the people many on this forum acknowledge as the messiah on a regular basis complaining about remarks?  This is the best who had a rather disturbing image of a naked man if I recall.  Jesus, he who is without sin cast the first stone, and just b/c criticizing Christianity isn't considered bigoted by the left-wing doesn't mean it isn't
Ban my account ffs!
snowguy716
Atlas Star
Austria

« Reply #16 on: November 28, 2007, 10:46:17 PM »

Is the person whose nickname is "Jesus" and openly mocks the people many on this forum acknowledge as the messiah on a regular basis complaining about remarks?  This is the best who had a rather disturbing image of a naked man if I recall.  Jesus, he who is without sin cast the first stone, and just b/c criticizing Christianity isn't considered bigoted by the left-wing doesn't mean it isn't

"Hi.  I love to compare apples and oranges.  But I am politically closer to the orange, so when the orange does something obviously worse than the apple, I'll ignore the orange and concentrate on smearing and criticizing the apple."
afleitch
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #17 on: November 29, 2007, 08:38:44 AM »

I'd like to point out I was 'Alfie' in the post quoted. And I talked to Jeff quite alot on AIM. He apologised for much of what he said. While I know he's still 'cold' on such matters I wouldn't have talked to him if it was more grotesque than that.
Michael Z
Mike
YaBB God
Political Matrix
E: -5.88, S: -4.72

« Reply #18 on: November 29, 2007, 10:45:52 AM »
« Edited: November 29, 2007, 10:47:31 AM by Michael Z »

I am assuming most of those comments were made tongue-in-cheek.   

Most of them are. Jesus, I'm not sure if you've ever dealt with SR outside the forum, but, having communicated with him via MSN or e-mail, I found him to be the polar opposite of the persona he'd often put across here. Outside of the Atlas forum, he's very cordial, polite and at one point more or less admitted to me that the whole redneck thing was a bit of an act designed to get a rise out of people. Chill.
Jake
dubya2004
Atlas Icon
Cuba

Political Matrix
E: -0.90, S: -0.35

« Reply #19 on: November 29, 2007, 12:04:34 PM »

Seriously. Thanks for the update about this.
bgwah
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #20 on: November 29, 2007, 12:43:40 PM »

I am not criticizing him for being a redneck, and I do not care if he is faking it. In fact, a guy from Baltimore who moves to Florida (a Northeastern colony...) and dresses up as a Confederate is supposed to be an authentic Southerner? Haha, I already know what a fraud he is.

And I'm just laughing at people with 16,000+ posts who post pictures of themselves playing with wooden swords telling me that I'm the bored one. Haha.

But really, quit making excuses for the fascist. He contributed nothing to this forum. An encyclopedia on the Civil War? Haha, he's like Conservapedia. He's only an expert in neo-Confederate revisionist history.

States is no better than Stark.
Jake
dubya2004
Atlas Icon
Cuba

Political Matrix
E: -0.90, S: -0.35

« Reply #21 on: November 29, 2007, 03:43:38 PM »

And you just probably spent an hour picking through three year old posts to fuel a petty feud. Congratulations.
Michael Z
Mike
YaBB God
Political Matrix
E: -5.88, S: -4.72

« Reply #22 on: November 29, 2007, 03:46:53 PM »
« Edited: November 29, 2007, 04:37:49 PM by Michael Z »

I am not criticizing him for being a redneck, and I do not care if he is faking it.

I think you're putting words into my mouth here, albeit inadvertently - I'm not saying you are criticising him for being a redneck, I'm simply saying that he was playing Devil's Advocate a lot of the time and that some of the stuff he came up with needs to be taken with a pinch of salt.

I used to share your dislike of SR until I bumped into him on MSN one day and we had a bit of a chat. He more or less came clean and mentioned that a lot of his extreme comments in the forum were just to irritate some of the liberals and that he's actually a lot more chilled out in real life. Fair enough, I thought. We've sporadically been in touch since and, well, what can I say, he's a nice guy behind the bigot/redneck facade.

And I'm not making excuses, I and a few others here are simply pointing out that he's capable of being friendly and courteous and for that reason I hold him in relatively good regard. His views are a different matter - I find most of them reprehensible, but at the same time, when pushed to it in a one-to-one debate, he's willing to discuss and debate in a civil manner. Compare that to Brambila, who had similar viewpoints but at the same time a severely sh**tty fascistic "I'm right you're wrong"-attitude. Now there you had the worst of both worlds.
Richard
Richius
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: 8.40, S: 2.80

« Reply #23 on: November 30, 2007, 12:06:05 AM »

No, not really.
bgwah
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #24 on: November 30, 2007, 07:58:41 AM »
« Edited: November 30, 2007, 08:07:34 AM by Jesus »

And you just probably spent an hour picking through three year old posts to fuel a petty feud. Congratulations.

Whatever you say, fascist. Smiley

I am not criticizing him for being a redneck, and I do not care if he is faking it.

I think you're putting words into my mouth here, albeit inadvertently - I'm not saying you are criticising him for being a redneck, I'm simply saying that he was playing Devil's Advocate a lot of the time and that some of the stuff he came up with needs to be taken with a pinch of salt.

I used to share your dislike of SR until I bumped into him on MSN one day and we had a bit of a chat. He more or less came clean and mentioned that a lot of his extreme comments in the forum were just to irritate some of the liberals and that he's actually a lot more chilled out in real life. Fair enough, I thought. We've sporadically been in touch since and, well, what can I say, he's a nice guy behind the bigot/redneck facade.

And I'm not making excuses, I and a few others here are simply pointing out that he's capable of being friendly and courteous and for that reason I hold him in relatively good regard. His views are a different matter - I find most of them reprehensible, but at the same time, when pushed to it in a one-to-one debate, he's willing to discuss and debate in a civil manner. Compare that to Brambila, who had similar viewpoints but at the same time a severely sh**tty fascistic "I'm right you're wrong"-attitude. Now there you had the worst of both worlds.

So he admits he's a troll.

Oh look, everybody's favorite racist is back!

*ignores*
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies