France General Discussion
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 15, 2024, 01:35:39 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  International General Discussion (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  France General Discussion
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27 28 29 ... 40
Author Topic: France General Discussion  (Read 133657 times)
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #575 on: December 11, 2009, 04:55:50 PM »

Je sais pas comment je dois le prendre, mais merci. Smiley

T'inquiète pas, tout le monde t'aime bien ici. Wink
Hash
Hashemite
Atlas Superstar
Colombia

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #576 on: December 12, 2009, 09:11:52 AM »

Hervé de Charette has just left the UMP to join the NC.

The Charette case has led the centrists within the UMP (Méhaignerie is the major one) to organize somewhat in the Senate and Assembly and try to weigh something. These guy's main mistake was to join the UMP in 2002, thinking that it would really be a centre-to-right alliance, and not an authoritarian Sarkozyst machine.

http://www.lefigaro.fr/politique/2009/12/10/01002-20091210ARTFIG00141-les-centristes-de-l-ump-veulent-peser-davantage-.php

Also, Gaudin wants to change the PLM Law, which is the electoral law for municipal elections in Paris, Lyon and Marseille. This law was passed in 1982 by Gaston Defferre to win re-election in 1983: which he did, while losing the popular vote to Gaudin, but won based on the vote in the sectors (arrondissements in Paris and Lyon). Gaudin wants some sort of system similar to regional elections, with 'departmental sections' on lists but with a 25% majority bonus in the council based on the vote at the citywide level.

Gaudin almost lost in 2008 because of this law, even though citywide the UMP had 6000 votes more than the Mafia PS.
Bunwahaha [still dunno why, but well, so be it]
tsionebreicruoc
Junior Chimp
France

« Reply #577 on: January 20, 2010, 01:07:48 PM »
« Edited: January 20, 2010, 01:11:07 PM by Bon écoute, non, [wagon] arrête, hiérarchise... »

600,000 people could be without the slightest income this year.

1,000,000 people will loose their unemployment benefits. Only 400,000 will gain a minimal income like RSA and ASS.

The 1st reaction of the govt has to been to do nothing, though unions are pushing for something, then a decision will be taken on the 15th of February.

If the govt does nothing, this is a bomb. I wonder how they could do nothing, they would certainly be aware of the importance of it, but, surprisingly they don't seem very open minded by now. Let's see.

On a side note, I'm surprised that some people can't pretend to RSA.

EDIT: I also like how news on France2 and France3 announce the fact that the president of EDF will get a double wage of 2 millions, directly after having announced it. Haha, funny.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #578 on: January 20, 2010, 01:28:17 PM »

How can this just be possible ? I thought that first the RMI, and then the RSA, was precisely for people who hadn't any income... Huh
tsionebreicruoc
Junior Chimp
France

« Reply #579 on: January 20, 2010, 01:58:42 PM »

How can this just be possible ? I thought that first the RMI, and then the RSA, was precisely for people who hadn't any income... Huh

Oh, just heard it was because RSA takes into accounts the incomes of the household and not of the individual, then that would be people in households that have income that can't pretend to it. Dunno what's the threshold for an household not to get RSA though, but I would be surprised this is very high.
tsionebreicruoc
Junior Chimp
France

« Reply #580 on: January 20, 2010, 01:59:26 PM »

Oh, and, if Villepin isn't condemned, then he will run, he even spoke of creating a new party.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #581 on: January 20, 2010, 02:02:36 PM »

Oh, just heard it was because RSA takes into accounts the incomes of the household and not of the individual, then that would be people in households that have income that can't pretend to it. Dunno what's the threshold for an household not to get RSA though, but I would be surprised this is very high.

Wait, that means the €600 and few are not for one person, but for  ONE HOUSEHOLD !! Shocked Damn, this is really scandalous...

Oh, and, if Villepin isn't condemned, then he will run, he even spoke of creating a new party.

Villepin is a clown. He won't achieve anything except dividing the anti-Sarko vote...
tsionebreicruoc
Junior Chimp
France

« Reply #582 on: January 20, 2010, 02:45:27 PM »

Wait, that means the €600 and few are not for one person, but for  ONE HOUSEHOLD !! Shocked Damn, this is really scandalous...

Well, no, that's not what I meant. I mean that if the whole household earns more than such threshold, say 1,200€ for an household of 2 persons, then one person without income in this household can't pretend to RSA. I guess it depends of the number of people living in the household too, then several thresholds for several situations.

I'm experiencing RSA for a few months (and, btw, when you don't smoke and don't have a car, that's a very decent income, actually, well, prices of rents are not very high in Castres too, I've a decent 35-40m² for 340€), I'm an household of one person, and as each household of one person without other income I have about 400€, to which I can add the help for rent from CAF. As a total I've about 630€ of social income, and one more time, for me that's pretty decent, actually, a lot of people who complain may pay more attention to their priorities. And I buy good food Grin. So each person alone can earn about 630€ as a total to live. When you have a child you have more than 400€, but apparently it is submitted to incomes of other people in the household, which is normal after all, we just have to know whether the thresholds are good, and I don't know them, can depends of several criteria either.

Though, if these 600,000 people are in bad shape because of this and if the govt does nothing, that affair can go far, would it just be in term of image, especially after the 'money given to banks'.

Villepin is a clown. He won't achieve anything except dividing the anti-Sarko vote...

Just that! That would be something. I'm not interested by Villepin, just noticing his acts. I'm on Ségolène. Grin
tsionebreicruoc
Junior Chimp
France

« Reply #583 on: January 20, 2010, 02:56:01 PM »

Oh, also, a stupid thing that I discovered recently about RSA. If I want to take back studies, would it just be by correspondence by CNED, then I would lose the RSA. Conclusion, you stay at home, you keep RSA, until the CAF tells you to move on toward a job, you wanna study something, then you lose it, you can only keep it if you pass by the few public trainings existing, like AFPA. Seems a bit weird to me. On the other hand, giving it to people of 25+ who study would include to give to 18-25 who study, which would be something, but which would also be more logical.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #584 on: January 20, 2010, 03:27:38 PM »

Well, if you have no problem living with it, then it's a good thing for you. Wink I personally would have really big difficulties to figure myself in such situation, but I guess it's mostly a subjective thing.

Just that! That would be something. I'm not interested by Villepin, just noticing his acts. I'm on Ségolène. Grin

Oh, don't worry : I have too much esteem for you to even think you could be a Villepin supporter. Grin
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #585 on: January 25, 2010, 02:17:58 PM »

Sarko on TF1 right now.
tsionebreicruoc
Junior Chimp
France

« Reply #586 on: January 25, 2010, 02:26:51 PM »

Yay!

Le Pakistan va tomber!
tsionebreicruoc
Junior Chimp
France

« Reply #587 on: January 25, 2010, 02:31:45 PM »

The real interview will begin...!
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #588 on: January 25, 2010, 02:43:22 PM »
« Edited: January 25, 2010, 02:44:54 PM by Northeast Representative Antonio V »

Remember that the "panel" has been chosen by the journalists of TF1... Roll Eyes

Again with the bullsh*t "travailler plus pour gagner plus" dogma.
tsionebreicruoc
Junior Chimp
France

« Reply #589 on: January 25, 2010, 02:49:07 PM »

Was obviously sarcastic. Tongue

No matter how they have been chosen, they won't be able to fight against Sarkozy, that's the major issue about it, and well, not necessary to speak about Pernault.

What a joke!
tsionebreicruoc
Junior Chimp
France

« Reply #590 on: January 25, 2010, 02:52:48 PM »

Hahaha...Pernault who cuts a guy who wanna insist!...Yeah, Sarkozy can count on his help...
tsionebreicruoc
Junior Chimp
France

« Reply #591 on: January 25, 2010, 03:01:29 PM »

Et voilà, he owns everybody.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #592 on: January 25, 2010, 03:08:05 PM »

Sad to see that the only one who seemed a bit polemic was totally unable to put strong arguments (and he could have)...
tsionebreicruoc
Junior Chimp
France

« Reply #593 on: January 25, 2010, 03:21:39 PM »

Sad to see that the only one who seemed a bit polemic was totally unable to put strong arguments (and he could have)...

No matter if he tried to strongly put his arguments, he can't fight against Sarkozy.

Sarkozy knows all your problems, and always tell you that you're right, or always show you where you're wrong, and he is very kind with you, he even jokes! How can you fight him...? Unless that's your job because you precisely know the affairs and because you know where to take him and when he serves you some smoke. Given that this is already hard for most of journalists, how could random people correctly do that? That would be a very happy surprise if so.

And when you more of that have this so sweet Pernault to cut you if you start to engage in a real - too long - exchange, it becomes really hard!

A piece of cake for Sarkozy.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #594 on: January 25, 2010, 03:46:58 PM »

Obviously, he still mantained its usual neoliberal doctrines : down with civil servants, down with public spending !

I was watching the debate on TF1's website, but now it says they can't broadcast anymore. So I will miss the end. Sad
tsionebreicruoc
Junior Chimp
France

« Reply #595 on: January 25, 2010, 04:11:37 PM »

Ah, they passed over the previous hour by 40', and everybody hasn't talked yet, I just have it in the back ground for a little hour now, nothing surprising, he effectively owns everybody, that's better than a meeting for him. Haha, and Pernault who go a bit rough against people who talk too long saying we have no more time, hey boy it's you to manage the time.
tsionebreicruoc
Junior Chimp
France

« Reply #596 on: January 26, 2010, 12:54:32 PM »

Funny:

News on France5, well it's about 5 mins at 17h30, mainly watched by some retirees I guess, but:

'Un chef de l'état à l'écoute et volontairement pédagogue' (saying the chief of state was well listening and with the good will to teach).

Oh and just then, they give reactions of majority and opposition, and for opposition, who is presented?? Cécile Duflot! Alone.

Along with 'C dans l'air' and 'C à dire', at least the redaction of France5 shows where it is. Though on national scale they remain anecdotal. And well, they took Demorand to balance them too.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #597 on: January 26, 2010, 01:19:02 PM »

'Un chef de l'état à l'écoute et volontairement pédagogue' (saying the chief of state was well listening and with the good will to teach).

Roll Eyes
tsionebreicruoc
Junior Chimp
France

« Reply #598 on: January 28, 2010, 11:48:19 AM »

Villepin is free!
big bad fab
filliatre
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #599 on: January 28, 2010, 12:00:21 PM »

And now, we'll be overloaded with stupid words from the Great, the Beautiful, the Smart, the Clever Dominique, future Emperor of France, and from his stupid aides: Goulard, Tron, Grand, so proud of themselves...

And it's over to have a clever centre-right candidate in 2012: Sarkozy-Villepin in the first round, Sarkozy-Aubry in the second.
Sometimes, I wish I were not French... (sigh)

Juppé reviens !
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27 28 29 ... 40  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies