France General Discussion
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 06, 2024, 11:08:32 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  International General Discussion (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  France General Discussion
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 23 24 ... 40
Author Topic: France General Discussion  (Read 133363 times)
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #450 on: October 02, 2009, 02:54:32 PM »

No one cared about this referendum. No one cares about the PS anymore.
Hash
Hashemite
Atlas Superstar
Colombia

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #451 on: October 02, 2009, 03:13:42 PM »

Open primaries to all voters
YES 67,91 %

Part of me hopes a bunch of right-wingers vote in them to ruin them. Now, that would be hilarious.

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Good luck with that, guys. lol

Arnaud Montebourg is sad Sad Sad

And it's useless in the realm of cumuls.

That's lax.

Aka, appoint non-white candidates in random places over what the people there really want.

No more secret handshake? Sad

They should start with having democratic and transparent elections, then we'll see.

lol

lol
Hash
Hashemite
Atlas Superstar
Colombia

« Reply #452 on: October 02, 2009, 06:51:24 PM »

Urgh. I want Sarkozy to die.

This article says that Sarkozy is considering switching to FPTP in legislative elections. Urgh. Angry

However, this piece of sh**t would be proud.
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix
E: -6.77, S: 0.61

« Reply #453 on: October 02, 2009, 07:56:16 PM »

Urgh. I want Sarkozy to die.

This article says that Sarkozy is considering switching to FPTP in legislative elections. Urgh. Angry

However, this piece of sh**t would be proud.

I was thinking, "Debré", even before I read that last line.
Bunwahaha [still dunno why, but well, so be it]
tsionebreicruoc
Junior Chimp
France

« Reply #454 on: October 09, 2009, 03:55:01 PM »

Jean Sarkozy nominated to lead the Défense, biggest CBD of Europe, the guy is 22 and hasn't the slightest experience in that...

Owww dear...

...and I think we haven't finished to hear about this lil prince, unluckily...
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #455 on: October 10, 2009, 08:08:12 AM »

*facepalm*
big bad fab
filliatre
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #456 on: October 11, 2009, 06:38:36 AM »

I still support Sarkozy until the end of Clearstream, as Villepin is far worse.

But, after that, well, Juppé, Copé, Borloo or anybody else than Sarkozy for president...

This designation, plus territorial reform, plus some family reforms, that's really too much.
Man never changes... Sigh.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #457 on: October 11, 2009, 06:43:33 AM »

I still support Sarkozy until the end of Clearstream, as Villepin is far worse.

But, after that, well, Juppé, Copé, Borloo or anybody else than Sarkozy for president...

This designation, plus territorial reform, plus some family reforms, that's really too much.
Man never changes... Sigh.

I'm glad to see I'm not the only to be disappointed by his party's leaders. Tongue
Hash
Hashemite
Atlas Superstar
Colombia

« Reply #458 on: October 17, 2009, 11:01:44 AM »

Ipsos popularity for October 2009 (published October 12 2009)

Sarko

Unfavourable 54% (+3)
Favourable 44% (-2)

Fillon

Unfavourable 46% (nc)
Favourable 45% (+1)

Presumably, Sarko's November ratings will plummet.

Top pols

1 Rama Yade 59/21
2 Bertrand Delanoe 57/28
3 Fadela Amara 56/19
4 Bernard Kouchner 56/31
5 Jean-Louis Borloo 54/29
6 DSK 53/28
7 MAM 51/34
8 Jack Lang 50/37
9 Christine Lagarde 48/33
10 Olivier Besancenot 46/44

Other top names: Fred Mitterrand was eleventh at 45/42 before the scandal, Bachelot is 12th (44/43), DCB the annoyance is at 43/34, Juppe 14th with 43/41.

And:

Rachida Dati: 47/42 negative
Martine Aubry: 51/40 negative
Francois Bayrou: 49/39 negative
Segolene Royal: 65/31 negative
Xavier Bertrand: 37/35 positive

Lagarde is the most popular politician with UMP supporters (76%), with MAM (74%), Kouchner (74), Yade (72), Amara (69) trailing. DSK is the most popular leftist with UMP supporters, with 57% favourables (12th, ahead of Freddy, Juppe, Hortefeux etc.). Royal is the least popular with 80% unfavourable

Delanoe is the most popular politician with PS supporters (77%), with Besancenot (68%), Aubry (65%), DCB (64%), and DSK (63%) trailing. Royal has a tie, with 49% favourables and 49% unfavourable. Marine Le Pen is the least popular with 89% unfavourable.

Also, it doesn't seem like they poll Papa Le Pen anymore.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #459 on: October 17, 2009, 11:08:02 AM »

So many "ouverture" ministers in the palmares...
tsionebreicruoc
Junior Chimp
France

« Reply #460 on: October 21, 2009, 11:38:06 AM »

Yes, and that's why they have been chosen...
tsionebreicruoc
Junior Chimp
France

« Reply #461 on: October 22, 2009, 12:45:31 PM »

Just heard on Canal+ that Jean Sarkozy will renounce to the Défense.

Héhé, I expect him playing the great lord "I've been illegitimately attacked but ok, ok, I let you this post... Are you happy of yourself now?".

And so that, he won't have to be criticized for what he would have done there...

Waiting for his actual reaction though. And anyways, no matter the reason for which he renounced, that's a positive news.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #462 on: October 22, 2009, 12:55:55 PM »

Héhé, I expect him playing the great lord "I've been illegitimately attacked but ok, ok, I let you this post... Are you happy of yourself now?".

Sure.

And depressing.
tsionebreicruoc
Junior Chimp
France

« Reply #463 on: October 22, 2009, 02:21:02 PM »

He effectively managed his answer pretty well on France2, and chose the good defense saying that he didn't want his victory subject to all this suspicion. And of course he did it with all his great talent, as I already said once that guy might represent the worst aspect of politics that we haven't seen for years now, populism is on. Seduction and flattery in politics pushed to the max, with a great rhetoric, good repartee, and most of all, with a lot put on sentiments. In short he is a wonderful mix of Sarkozy, Copé and Royal (for the sentiments and emotions).

Damn...

And the cool thing being that we are here with wonderful media to help politicians to go this way. David Pujadas, in good father, borderline complaining him, let him display his speech, not even trying to interrogate him on what was the technically the main part of this debate and on which most of the arguments should have been, the fact that maybe he wasn't fit for this job, nothing about it, the guy could quietly go on how he has just been illegitimately slandered here and didn't want a victory with suspicion...

And cooler, just after the news, we have a big political talk show "A vous de juger" in prime time. And we have this cool Arlette Chabot, to spend time on how is the friendship between Hortefeux and Sarkozy. And still later, that same Hortefeux to say how he has been injured of the slander against him too about the racist video, while the talk was clearly racist, and that still cool Arlette Chabot to let him speak, not trying to go further...

Politics today...
Hash
Hashemite
Atlas Superstar
Colombia

« Reply #464 on: October 22, 2009, 06:36:42 PM »

Quote of the Year:

"L'UMP se porte bien, comme le montre les élections partielles"
-Alain Marleix

lololololol HAHA LOL ROFL LOL HAHA LOL Wow.
tsionebreicruoc
Junior Chimp
France

« Reply #465 on: October 22, 2009, 06:40:12 PM »

Quote of the Year:

"L'UMP se porte bien, comme le montre les élections partielles"
-Alain Marleix

lololololol HAHA LOL ROFL LOL HAHA LOL Wow.

Happy to see that it makes others laugh too...

What poor jokes they do with affirmation of that style. Hortefeux saying that he has been hurt and offended by the polemics about his video wasn't bad too.
tsionebreicruoc
Junior Chimp
France

« Reply #466 on: November 02, 2009, 10:39:24 AM »

Even if Jean Sarkozy withdrew from the presidential office of the EPAD, the harm is done.
I think the right is now down for the remaining 2 and a half years of Sarkozy's mandate.

The only way for him to be reelected is a continuing division of the left and the centre-left.

The quote comes from 'France Regionals 2010' but i think it's more accurate for me to answer it here.

Nah, Sarkozy has a last card for him, the one of all French president of the 5th republic, the one of foreign affairs, a realm in which he seems to be very interested more of that.

If Iran continue to make last the pleasure with the IAAE, I wonder how we will avoid Israeli strikes, or international ones there next year, and I'd even say in the beginning of next year. If ever, our Sarko will be on the first line, in both cases, and our military would be very engaged there, we would be in a climate of war, something we didn't know for a long time now, and the last flavor of that we recently knew have been the 10 French soldiers killed by once in Afghanistan, and we all know the shock it has been here.

If ever this option was valid, the French political class would be just upside down. Though, for sarko I think it would be 50/50, or very bad, or very good for him...

Ah, and, about the present:

Yay Jean-Pierre!! And from the Senate more of that!!
tsionebreicruoc
Junior Chimp
France

« Reply #467 on: November 04, 2009, 11:56:17 AM »

Am watching Moscovici on France24, it's really not beautiful to see ambition when it can't be masked by ideas, really... Had the same impression when I saw Hollande recently on Canal+.

And about Jean-Pierre (Raffarin), yes, it's good to see that not all the UMP is Xavierbertrandisé (that one turned really pathetic and quite nasty, may someone show him a video of when he was interesting, before he joined Sarkozy, for example as health minister, that may awake him, he really passed to 'the dark side of the force' since...). It's good to see that people wonder and dare to speak, thanks Jean-Pierre, thanks the 23 senators, thanks the 63 deputies, just because they dare saying what they think, thank you not to participate to this big enterprise of f**king the collective smartness of people, led by Xavier Bertrand, Frédéric Lefevbre, and so forth...

Thank you just for that.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #468 on: November 04, 2009, 04:01:25 PM »

Personally, I saw Moscovici during "Mots croisés" one week ago and I found him very clever.
tsionebreicruoc
Junior Chimp
France

« Reply #469 on: November 04, 2009, 04:19:05 PM »

Personally, I saw Moscovici during "Mots croisés" one week ago and I found him very clever.

Not saying he is not clever, just that he has a lot of troubles to manage his ambition and that it just makes him very weak. And that displaying ambition without having the slightest idea to propose that's really not beautiful. Ambition in the name of something can be, nude ambition isn't, that's indecent...
tsionebreicruoc
Junior Chimp
France

« Reply #470 on: November 04, 2009, 05:59:58 PM »
« Edited: November 04, 2009, 06:03:10 PM by Benwah »

http://www.france24.com/fr/20091104-elysee-gouvernement-depenses-avenir-recycler-aides-banques-grand-emprunt

In short the article says that France previouses to use the 13 billions of help given to the banks for crisis that they will pay back to the state for the "Big State Loan".

Amusing thinking that one part of the majority already thinks that the previous sum wasn't enough.
Hash
Hashemite
Atlas Superstar
Colombia

« Reply #471 on: November 07, 2009, 07:45:21 PM »

IFOP Barometre for November 2009

Sarko

Disapprove 60% (+5)
Approve 39% (-6)

This is Sarkozy's lowest point in an IFOP tracking poll since May 2007. Of course, other institutes (of lesser reputation, mind you) have had him lower. This massive drop is after the EPAD affair, which seems to have had an important impact on his electorate (as opposed to the general electorate).

And a similar question on whether respondents were satisfied with Sarkozy's first 2.5 years in office gave 37% satisfied and 63% dissatisfied. The same question, asked after one year in office (April 2008) gave 28% satisfied and 72% dissatisfied. 60% say he hasn't fulfilled his campaign promises.

Fillon

Approve 49% (-3)
Disapprove 50% (+3)

Fillon keeps very good approvals (for a Prime Minister, half-a-term in, a 49% approval is something most can only dream about) mostly because he's sidelined and leads a largely behind-the-scene legislative work rather than in the public spotlight like Sarkozy. Les Guignols' impression of him isn't far off from the point. Sometimes I myself go like "oh yeah, what's up with Fillon? He hasn't been on TV for six months"

Also, the poll shows French people Purple heart Obama.

http://www.ifop.com/media/poll/980-1-study_file.pdf

You know how much I hate CSA and how I think they're a crappy pollster, but they had an 'interesting' poll (worthless of course) on the 2012 election runoffs: http://www.csa-fr.com/dataset/data2009/opi20091105-rapports-de-force-au-second-tour-de-l-election-presidentielle.pdf

DSK 51%
Sarkozy 49%

Sarkozy 51%
Bayrou 49%

Sarkozy 53%
Aubry 47%

Sarkozy 53%
Delanoe 47%

Sarkozy 55%
Royal 45%

Sarkozy 57%
Hollande 43%

http://www.csa-fr.com/dataset/data2009/opi20091105-rapports-de-force-au-second-tour-de-l-election-presidentielle.pdf

Demographic breakdown is interesting, notably how DSK is exceptionally strong with  professionals and well-educated, even stronger than with workers. But still, it's a stupid CSA poll for an election which is 2012.

Also, interesting stuff from IFOP on Protestants here: http://www.ifop.com/media/pressdocument/83-1-document_file.pdf

Though the political analysis is rather crappy and based on their polling. But, yeah, Alsatian Protestants don't vote like Cevennol Protestants.
tsionebreicruoc
Junior Chimp
France

« Reply #472 on: November 09, 2009, 10:34:38 AM »

But still, it's a stupid CSA poll for an election which is 2012.

It works without CSA. At best it shows some balances of power between big leaders, some kind of preferences between 2 people, but when people are in an actual election mood, that's different.

Though the political analysis is rather crappy and based on their polling. But, yeah, Alsatian Protestants don't vote like Cevennol Protestants.

Most of all: pardon, but, who cares of the political position of protestants in France, if you know what i mean.
Hash
Hashemite
Atlas Superstar
Colombia

« Reply #473 on: November 09, 2009, 10:56:51 AM »

Most of all: pardon, but, who cares of the political position of protestants in France, if you know what i mean.

Sorry, but I do. Apologies if you don't approve.
tsionebreicruoc
Junior Chimp
France

« Reply #474 on: November 09, 2009, 10:58:38 AM »

Sorry, but I do. Apologies if you don't approve.

Nah, was just to mention their very very very small number in France.
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 23 24 ... 40  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies