France General Discussion
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 14, 2024, 09:55:13 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  International General Discussion (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  France General Discussion
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 27 28 ... 40
Author Topic: France General Discussion  (Read 133649 times)
Bunwahaha [still dunno why, but well, so be it]
tsionebreicruoc
Junior Chimp
France

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #550 on: December 01, 2009, 11:21:29 AM »

The UDF is the 'son' of the MRP and the French Christian democratic-liberal tradition, a tradition which is clearly noy represented by the MoDem.

Yes, but the UDF is dead. Now it is Modem and NC. New stuffs.
Hash
Hashemite
Atlas Superstar
Colombia

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #551 on: December 01, 2009, 11:26:42 AM »

The UDF is the 'son' of the MRP and the French Christian democratic-liberal tradition, a tradition which is clearly noy represented by the MoDem.

The party is dead, but the historical tradition is not dead. The MoDem can lay no realistic claim to the 'tradition' of the UDF-CD-MRP-PDP.
tsionebreicruoc
Junior Chimp
France

« Reply #552 on: December 01, 2009, 11:37:16 AM »

The party is dead, but the historical tradition is not dead. The MoDem can lay no realistic claim to the 'tradition' of the UDF-CD-MRP-PDP.

Yes. Maybe Bayrou might have at least a part of this tradition in its personality, but as i often said, his political line is more something electoralist than something that reflects his 'tradition'. Then yeah, it might exist a remaining of this tradition in France, but step by step dying anyways, the only representing it being Jean Artuis, and here is where Jean Artuis is.

The epoch is no more to this tradition. New epoch, new stuffs. As i already said, a shaker began in 2007, it hasn't finished to shake, and there will be a pre-2007, and a post-2007, well imo.
big bad fab
filliatre
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #553 on: December 01, 2009, 12:05:49 PM »

Just read the article: UDF is a brand and NC wants it (and, as Hash has said, is ideologically right to claim it).
It's really like agro-business.
tsionebreicruoc
Junior Chimp
France

« Reply #554 on: December 01, 2009, 12:08:22 PM »

Just read the article: UDF is a brand and NC wants it (and, as Hash has said, is ideologically right to claim it).
It's really like agro-business.

Well, ok, ok, they can still pretend they hold the tradition, if they want...

NC is mainly a centrist pro-federalist party imo, no matter what they claim for. Actually UDF is Artuis, period.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« Reply #555 on: December 01, 2009, 01:31:30 PM »

Hey Antonio, are you in MJS btw? You could give them the idea...

When I was younger, I wanted to be in it so much... Now I lost interests in political militantism.
tsionebreicruoc
Junior Chimp
France

« Reply #556 on: December 01, 2009, 03:08:06 PM »

Well, I've just read the article. And frankly I'd say "too bad for NC but that's like that". The UDF voted the move toward MoDem, no matter what have been the past that's what happened.

Then, as I thought NC just tries to claim for notoriety. It is no more the UDF, it is NC, and if their political lines might not be so different from the former UDF', I no more really see the existence of a lot of what could have been the nuances of UDF in NC. In NC I just see some center-right guys that are not so far from the mainstream right, but I don't really see more, it is summed up to a positioning of lines. And the fact that this is Hervé Morin who mainly run after that, and who to me is a good image of what is NC doesn't really surprise me. I'm glad Jean-Christophe Lagarde took some distance with that.

Then, what I said too, NC can no more really claim for the name, but yes, neither can MoDem, no discuss about it. The only point being that the UDF actually shifted toward MoDem by itself.

Anyways, clochers battle about which I'm not sure it is a good point for NC electorally speaking. No matter what they claim to be they both should give up because, UDF, it's Arthuis!...or something...
Hash
Hashemite
Atlas Superstar
Colombia

« Reply #557 on: December 03, 2009, 09:03:41 PM »

If anybody is interested:

An IFOP analysis of the political orientation of farmers:

http://www.ifop.com/media/pressdocument/82-1-document_file.pdf
Alexander Hamilton
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.58, S: -5.13

« Reply #558 on: December 04, 2009, 01:24:42 AM »

Hashemite is a fake centrist.
big bad fab
filliatre
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #559 on: December 04, 2009, 03:21:01 AM »

Thank you, Hash. Really interesting (provided it's statistically relevant...).

- Well, to connect with the previous debate, the farmers are perhaps the last category to be "abused" by Bayrou (because he hints from time to time to Catholicism -OMG....- and to his dear deep Béarn ?).
They still vote for the MoDem as if it was the UDF.

BTW, the main victory for Bayrou was when he won over Bosson in 1994. Then the UDF was clean for him, as Méhaignerie and Barrot were too old, in a way (at least, they have already served too much and were out of date).
Bayrou is here because, inside the UDF-CDS, there wasn't anybody to stop him during these years.

- Back to farmers: Sarkozy's vote even greater among the Confédération rurale than among the FNSEA is a bit surprising. But, samples may be small...

- What is the most surprising is the results by activity: You would have thought that big cereal producers and wine producers would have voted for Sarkozy en masse. But, on the contrary, it's milk producers and fruits-vegetables producers....
Again, samples may be small, but still.
tsionebreicruoc
Junior Chimp
France

« Reply #560 on: December 04, 2009, 08:19:09 AM »

- Well, to connect with the previous debate, the farmers are perhaps the last category to be "abused" by Bayrou (because he hints from time to time to Catholicism -OMG....- and to his dear deep Béarn ?).

BTW, the main victory for Bayrou was when he won over Bosson in 1994. Then the UDF was clean for him, as Méhaignerie and Barrot were too old, in a way (at least, they have already served too much and were out of date).
Bayrou is here because, inside the UDF-CDS, there wasn't anybody to stop him during these years.

Would come to show that this 'family' 'tradition' hadn't much more liveliness...

But still I maintain the people Bayrou is different than the political tactician.

- Back to farmers: Sarkozy's vote even greater among the Confédération rurale than among the FNSEA is a bit surprising. But, samples may be small...

No, unless I mix myself with an other close name Confédération rurale are the most on the right. And this has been the growing union in agriculture these last years. I knew someone who worked in that realm and followed it pretty well. In fact they are rather on the right of the right.
Hash
Hashemite
Atlas Superstar
Colombia

« Reply #561 on: December 04, 2009, 08:35:02 AM »

Another member of the Sarkozy team of crooks in the Hauts-de-Seine, Joëlle Ceccaldi-Raynaud, has been elected president of EPAD.

She is mayor of Puteaux and deputy for the 6th constituency of the Hauts-de-Seine (Neuilly-Puteaux). She's also the one in an open feud with her daddy, also her predecessor, who notably ran against her for mayor of Puteaux in 2009. I Purple heart the 92-UMP.

http://www.lefigaro.fr/politique/2009/12/04/01002-20091204ARTFIG00415-joelle-ceccaldi-raynaud-elue-presidente-de-l-epad-.php
tsionebreicruoc
Junior Chimp
France

« Reply #562 on: December 04, 2009, 08:36:41 AM »

Another member of the Sarkozy team of crooks in the Hauts-de-Seine, Joëlle Ceccaldi-Raynaud, has been elected president of EPAD.

She is mayor of Puteaux and deputy for the 6th constituency of the Hauts-de-Seine (Neuilly-Puteaux). She's also the one in an open feud with her daddy, also her predecessor, who notably ran against her for mayor of Puteaux in 2009. I Purple heart the 92-UMP.

http://www.lefigaro.fr/politique/2009/12/04/01002-20091204ARTFIG00415-joelle-ceccaldi-raynaud-elue-presidente-de-l-epad-.php

At least it makes a bit more sens than little John.
big bad fab
filliatre
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #563 on: December 04, 2009, 08:49:43 AM »

Would come to show that this 'family' 'tradition' hadn't much more liveliness...

I just wanted to say that there wasn't a political bigwig in the centre-centre-right since, well,... Giscard.
Not that it's no longer a real political tradition still alive.
But Lecanuet was dead, Veil was old, Barrot, Méhaignerie, Stasi, Stoléru, Douste-Blazy weren't really charismatic, Bosson wasn't successful, Borloo is Borloo and has joined the UMP.

No, unless I mix myself with an other close name Confédération rurale are the most on the right. And this has been the growing union in agriculture these last years. I knew someone who worked in that realm and followed it pretty well. In fact they are rather on the right of the right.

You're right, but I just wanted to say that I thought CR (BTW, it's "coordination", I made a mistake) members were more FN or DLR or even MPF and reluctant to vote for the mainstream right (especially a urban one...). I would have seen more abstain in a second round or even vote for Royal over Sarkozy, just on personal behaviour.
big bad fab
filliatre
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #564 on: December 08, 2009, 06:57:07 AM »

Hervé de Charette has just left the UMP to join the NC.

Guess who is happy ? Hervé Morin thinks he is now able to use the name UDF as he wants.

Charette has declared the name and the brand at the INPI (official body which registers copyrights and trademarks).
BUT, when you go to the INPI, you just DECLARE something and the INPI registers it, EVEN IF it's a complete fake... even if someone has registered a similar thing years before.
The INPI is not a court that decides on the real owner of a name, a brand or some rights.

So, expect a big legal fight with the MoDem (Cheesy), especially as Morin wants to have a "founding congress" (? if the UDF has never died ? and the NC already exists ? already a legal weakness for Morin, I think....) this year.
tsionebreicruoc
Junior Chimp
France

« Reply #565 on: December 08, 2009, 09:52:54 AM »

When the center is killing himself. Bayrou do the job to kill the MoDem and Morin to kill the NC. Irrelevancy at work.
Hash
Hashemite
Atlas Superstar
Colombia

« Reply #566 on: December 10, 2009, 08:44:33 PM »

Lots of buzz on teh interwebs about the Jeunes Pop's new lipdub clip featuring cabinet ministers singing, raping and the like.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=29rmTMegr-A

Also, it's a Quebecois song and the accent is clear at some moments, adding to the hilarity of lipdub. Now, why can't Young Liberals of Canada do this?
MaxQue
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #567 on: December 11, 2009, 12:38:34 AM »

Lots of buzz on teh interwebs about the Jeunes Pop's new lipdub clip featuring cabinet ministers singing, raping and the like.

Also, it's a Quebecois song and the accent is clear at some moments, adding to the hilarity of lipdub. Now, why can't Young Liberals of Canada do this?

The song has a clear Quebec accent, true. Anyways, lipdubs are stupids.
big bad fab
filliatre
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #568 on: December 11, 2009, 05:11:49 AM »

The most depressing for me is to see Woerth, Darcos and Wauquiez in this...
tsionebreicruoc
Junior Chimp
France

« Reply #569 on: December 11, 2009, 02:40:10 PM »
« Edited: December 11, 2009, 02:47:34 PM by Benwah Coorciayh »

Why? Maybe because they don't want to seem that dumb.

After their over-demagogic campaign ads for regionals, UMP comes to a new down. Damn, can't they figure out that this is stupid, empty, and ridiculous.

Patrick Sébastien trying to have a political role would seem more and more normal today.

Childish and ridiculous. And yes, not so bad figures of the UMP are fooling themselves by stuffs like this. Plus, electorally, I doubt very much that this is positive, all this fake and empty happiness, I'm not sure this is really welcome.

Damn.
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #570 on: December 11, 2009, 02:45:57 PM »

Shocked
tsionebreicruoc
Junior Chimp
France

« Reply #571 on: December 11, 2009, 03:00:42 PM »

Well, yes, there is no rap there, just stupidity.
tsionebreicruoc
Junior Chimp
France

« Reply #572 on: December 11, 2009, 04:15:01 PM »

Oh, I just got it, well, the only rape that took place here, or the attempt of rape, has been the one of the intellect of people.

Yeah, times are to the f**king of mind, I'm fed up with that...
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« Reply #573 on: December 11, 2009, 04:46:44 PM »

Can't stop laughing...

Ben, t'es trop fort ! Grin